Photo

GTA SA PS3 AWFUL GRAPHICS

4 replies to this topic
Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

Hello friends, I bought gta sa for ps3, from psn store and graphics are so awful, it looks too orange and pixelated songs are not cd quality. Cannot play the game. I used to play this game on my pc but i broke the video card, so I decided to play it again on my new brand ps3 and cannot play it really, am I doing something wrong?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

Could be the TV needs to have it's input settings changed. Might look into the output settings of the PS3, too.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

I have to have a certain picture size for the games to look good . My TV is 40 inches but if I stretch the game across the whole TV it looks like crap so I have to change the picture size

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Kaster @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 23:56)
Hello friends, I bought gta sa for ps3, from psn store and graphics are so awful, it looks too orange and pixelated songs are not cd quality. Cannot play the game. I used to play this game on my pc but i broke the video card, so I decided to play it again on my new brand ps3 and cannot play it really, am I doing something wrong?

Actually, that is false, I have both the PS2 AND PS3 versions and the PS3 version looks and sounds way better than the PS2 version did...I remember on PS2, I used to have to squint to see the in-game radar and map, whereas on PS3 I can see it with no problems...The PS2 version was extremely dark, whereas the PS3 version is a lot brighter and looks more HD...Even the sound is better, as on the PS2 version, it was hard to hear the radio half the time, yet on PS3 the sound is a lot easier to hear. Which is odd considering the PS3 version is suppose to be a direct port of the PS2 version?

So, IF you are having problems, it is either your PS3 OR your TV...adjust the TV settings til you get the desired results...but, remember, this game is from 2004(PS2) and is a lot lower quality then that of the PC version, so you cannot compare it to the PC version since PC's tend to have better Video cards and processors and more ram than consoles do, which is why they tend to look and sound way better than their console counterparts..I mention this, as you said you used to play the PC version, which to me says you are trying to compare the PS3 version to the PC version, which is not a good comparison...

it looks too orange and pixelated songs are not cd quality

That is a sign that you need to adjust the color/contrast, etc. on the TV....

The songs ARE CD quality, as if you extract them to PC, you will see that they get extracted as 128Kbps audio files(III and VC) and as 256K .wav files for SA, which means that III and VC are CD quality and SA is above CD quality, as 128K is CD quality and 64K is Radio quality and 256K is higher quality, as that is what music downloads are now a days(the ones from I-Tunes, Wal-Mart Downloads-before they stopped selling downloads, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.) Even music download stores sold 128K files before they switched to the un-protected formats...So, that part is false, as I used to extract the songs from the PS2 versions in the past(which is legal for personal use)..

Loxley
  • Loxley

newLegacyinc Contributor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

JESUS you broke your video card? How?

I think you just forgot what it looked like on ps2. tbh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users