Photo

Bay City

217 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

So my roommate was looking at some screenshots with me and he pointed out something interesting.

It's likely that north of mount Chiliad is Bay City. You can see the sign for it in trailer 2.

user posted image

And this old screen shot shows a town that we haven't seen much of, which appears to be close to the northern part of mount Chiliad. You can see a sign that reads "Bay..." To the right.

user posted image

We know what lies south of my Chiliad which does not appear to be the same town.

user posted image

So would this mean LS to the south, sandy shores and the Alamos sea just south of Mt Chiliad, and Bay City just north of Mount Chiliad?

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

I thought that area looked a bit built up and not like a hick town.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

nah its las venturas up north sorry

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

Speedy and Slightly Agitated

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:31 AM Edited by KrushLTx10, 17 June 2013 - 03:33 AM.

Has the first screenshot's location been pinpointed? If it hasn't then we may very well be looking at an entirely different city than we know of in the first and last screenshot. My hopes for another smaller city than Los Santos have been raised slightly. I have a feeling they're going to keep the info about the city on lock down until the very last month. But wishful thinking is that they'll reveal it before July along with the multiplayer information. It would only make sense since they kept Alderney a secret with GTA IV, and Mexico a secret with RDR. I've said this before, those highways that run to the North have to lead to some well established settlement rather than just loop around the map pointlessly.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (KrushLTx10 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 03:31)
Has the first screenshot's location been pinpointed? If it hasn't then we may very well be looking at an entirely different city than we know of in the first and last screenshot. Chances for another smaller city than Los Santos have been raised slightly. I have a feeling they're going to keep the info about the city on lock down until the very last month. But wishful thinking is that they'll reveal it before July along with the multiplayer information. It would only make sense since they kept Alderney a secret with GTA IV, and Mexico a secret with RDR. I've said this before, those highways that run to the North have to lead to some well established settlement rather than just loop around the map pointlessly.

Yes it Has, it is on the Road that leads out of the city on the North West side along the coast. My guess is that bay city is most likely Malibu or something.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

I wonder what city it would be based on. Anyone know of similar city in the vacinity of LA?

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by KrushLTx10, 17 June 2013 - 03:39 AM.

QUOTE (dewan2000 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 03:33)
Has the first screenshot's location been pinpointed?  If it hasn't then we may very well be looking at an entirely different city than we know of in the first and last screenshot.  Chances for another smaller city than Los Santos have been raised slightly.  I have a feeling they're going to keep the info about the city on lock down until the very last month.  But wishful thinking is that they'll reveal it before July along with the multiplayer information.  It would only make sense since they kept Alderney a secret with GTA IV, and Mexico a secret with RDR.  I've said this before, those highways that run to the North have to lead to some well established settlement rather than just loop around the map pointlessly.

Yes it Has, it is on the Road that leads out of the city on the North West side along the coast. My guess is that bay city is most likely Malibu or something.

Well you can see Malibu already on the blueprint. It's on the West coast of the map. Just follow the freeway and it's there.

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 03:35)
I wonder what city it would be based on. Anyone know of similar city in the vacinity of LA?

I hope it's San Diego..

But cities to the North of LA include Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Clarita, Ventura, Oxnard and Bakersfield. Lancaster and Palmdale should be taken note of because they're very close to Edward's Air Force Base.

My bad for the double post.

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth
  • Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 03:35)

It could be Palmdale, a desert suburb northeast of L.A, I lived there for 6 months, pretty interesting place, it has an airbase where they test rocket launches and awesome sh*t like that. That, or Lancaster which is Palmdale's next door neighbor town.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

Great find OP! icon14.gif

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Interesting find, I hope it's base on San Diego. smile.gif

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

It would only make sense since they kept Alderney a secret with GTA IV, and Mexico a secret with RDR.

No they didn't...

Miami-Florida.
  • Miami-Florida.

Grande Italia

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

Hope it's something similar to Bakersfield.

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Nameless Foot Soldier @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:02)
It would only make sense since they kept Alderney a secret with GTA IV, and Mexico a secret with RDR.

No they didn't...

Well they revealed Liberty City through marketing for GTA IV first.. then Alderney came a couple of months before release. I wasn't around for RDR marketing and I just heard people talking about Mexico being revealed after R* said RDR would be in Texas or something like that.

COASTERPUNK
  • COASTERPUNK

These are the real sounds of Southern San Andreas

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

I was kind of hoping they would make a Palmdale type suburban town in the desert. My cousins live there so i go there all the time.

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

Why would "Bay City" be north on a highway sign that reads south to an avenue within Los Santos?

Second picture, that is a small town.

bfett21
  • bfett21

The scourge of Carpathia

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:18)
Why would "Bay City" be north on a highway sign that reads south to an avenue within Los Santos?

This, looks like it's just a normal LA freeway sign, nothing to report here.

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

Oh I know it's Los Santos freeway sign. Just the fact that some people are saying "great job" and what not is funny... some people really don't pay attention. wink.gif

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (bfett21 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:27)
QUOTE (GTALE @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:18)

This, looks like it's just a normal LA freeway sign, nothing to report here.

It looks like it could possibly be a road that leads out or into the alleged Bay City. That freeway could be heading South towards Los Santos but Bay City Avenue could be a street within Bay City itself. Never know.. it could be Los Santos, but then again it is a reimagined SoCal. It's location could possibly be set in another city in SoCal R* based it off of. Just have to wait and see what R* can give us concerning this because we have very little to go off of.

Supercrammer
  • Supercrammer

'Merica

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

I dont think its a full city and certainly not a small town. It has metered parking. Small towns wouldnt have metered parking so its probably a bigger city than Sandy Shore at the North. Maybe its a mixture of Santa Barbara and some other town?

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

Bay City Ave is unlikely to be a city, but a road name.

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by Kaster, 17 June 2013 - 05:33 AM.

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:46)

I am thinking that mount chilliad is in the center of the map, we have seen only 1/2 the whole map, why r* would hide just a tiny portion of it? just a cliff and a little town????.

Los Santos is the crown of the map, so they revealed it at first. Now we need to see dense forest, snowy mountains more towns scattered all around at the nothern side...

Just look at the map:

Los Santos is rounded by mountains, Alamo sea and sandy shores, desertic areas is in between mount chilliad and los santos range, so at the northern side should be two more ranges rainforest and snow mountain ranges:

user posted image

Njale
  • Njale

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (Kaster @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 07:08)

I am thinking that mount chilliad is in the center of the map, we have seen only 1/2 the whole map, why r* would hide just a tiny portion of it? just a cliff and a little town????.

Los Santos is the crown of the map, so they revealed it at first. Now we need to see dense rainforest, snowy mountains more towns scattered all around at the nothern side...

Lower your expectations bro or you might get angry that all that stuff is not in the game.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (Kaster @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 21:08)

Los Santos is the crown of the map, so they revealed it at first. Now we need to see dense rainforest, snowy mountains more towns scattered all around at the nothern side...

they didnt show us anything new by showing us los santos. we all knew of it before and a lot of people were getting close to figuring it out through screens anyways. so i think they have to have something big hidden

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (Kaster @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:08)

Los Santos is the crown of the map, so they revealed it at first. Now we need to see dense forest, snowy mountains more towns scattered all around at the nothern side...

Just look at the map:

Los Santos is rounded by mountains, Alamo sea and sandy shores, desertic areas is in between mount chilliad and los santos range, so at the northern side should be two more ranges rainforest and snow mountain ranges:

user posted image

Snowy mountains? While i would really love for this to be in the game, i doubt it, but you never know though.

Ryoshami
  • Ryoshami

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

But isn't Los Santos is down south? I think Trevor is driving to the north, from the city

Myopinionisking
  • Myopinionisking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Exactly. This, to me is plain to see. The rest is just wishful thinking.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Why do the common people on here think "another city" has to mean a full blown LA-sized city?

Sandy Shores + a bay + a beach = Bay City... why is that so impossible?

edenz21
  • edenz21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Honestly I just signed up to point out this small fact that you guys are not really looking at.

I could be wrong. And I mean totally wrong.

But the guys right I think.

Why have a name for a city or place on road signs that doesnt exist. In game, I helps direct you.

And add that to the fact that on the picture of trevor the blue sign on his right actually says BAY in the first bit of the name seems a giveaway. Probably Bay City DRY cleaning?

biggrin.gif

Myopinionisking
  • Myopinionisking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (edenz21 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 08:11)
Honestly I just signed up to point out this small fact that you guys are not really looking at.

I could be wrong. And I mean totally wrong.

But the guys right I think.

Why have a name for a city or place on road signs that doesnt exist. In game, I helps direct you.

And add that to the fact that on the picture of trevor the blue sign on his right actually says BAY in the first bit of the name seems a giveaway. Probably Bay City DRY cleaning?

biggrin.gif

It says Bay City Ave, not Bay City. It's obviously a street of some kind. Why else would it say Ave?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users