Photo

Does anyone else agrees...

15 replies to this topic
M4 carbine
  • M4 carbine

Nope.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

I think this game had the best soundtrack in the series.

I mean, there were a lot of types of music in the game.
There was Pop, Rock, Rap, Trance, Drun n Bass and even OPERA! ... and don't forget Chatterbox!

Sure, this game didn't have the longest soundtrack, but it was the most memorable one, at least for me.

Who agrees?

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by Legomanarthur, 16 June 2013 - 10:03 PM.

Me, and it's the only game where I know and love all the music, I love Chatterbox too biggrin.gif

Also, a lot of music make me feel the atmosphere of the city tounge2.gif

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'm torn between the music in III and San Andreas, with Vice City being the next best thing after those two.

All of them had some real gems and III and SA introduced me to some amazing artists and bands, one which is 808 State, my current favorite band.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

GTA III has original music and the other titles do not. The soundtrack can be perceived as more "connected" to the game universe. But this is rapidly turning into a shortcoming for me, because the lyrics and continue to deliver the cruel humour that is also present elsewhere, such as on decorations on the street and in dialogue.

If I'd have to pick, I'd choose Vice City. Its music allowed me to stop being Tommy Vercetti, and occasionally escape, seeking a girl "to come into my life", which Mr Vercetti wouldn't consider, for example, while driving along yellow a neon-lit street.

GTA III music was relatively recently released as soundtrack. And without the DJs it sounded better to me, especially when I hadn't seen or heard the game for a couple years.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

For it's atmosphere music I think it goes on par with Vice City, maybe if the game offered more it would be a top 1 in my books without a doubt.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

III and VC were definetely the best, but I haven't played a GTA yet that had bad music.

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

I think SA has the best soundtrack . Has a lot more of a selection and some bad a** tunes .. even the oldie station had some good jams

TomJK
  • TomJK

Tomxj

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

I love GTA 3 soundtrack. I personally like Rise FM the most. That Trance music is amazing.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

While it's not my favourite, I feel that it complements that game's atmosphere better than only other GTA soundtrack has.

Got to say though, the song Fade Away on Head Radio was utter brilliance.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

I think VC has a better one, but III is second!

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I love the soundtrack in this game. But what catches my attention more than the soundtrack itself is the fact that it fits the city's atmosphere the best.

Surely, Rockstar did a great job seeking out music which keeps up the game's feel, as well as in all the next games from the III era series.

P.S. Don't know about the IV era though...

Haashir911
  • Haashir911

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

The Soundtrack was Awesome itself, And it Felt Greater Listening to the Songs While Driving Around the City in a Nice Car.
III Had the Best Soundtrack of All Time in My Opinion, While My Favorite Radio Station Would Have to be MSX FM/MSX 98.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

RISE FM loved it so much I downloaded all the Vinyl Rips of the tunes

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

III has the best so far, it was unique. San Andreas is close in terms of great tunes though. icon14.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

I love the music of GTA III, and it fits LC's dark and gritty atmosphere perfectly, but I don't think it has the BEST soundtracks. Head Radio and Lips 106 are actually two of my favorite stations of GTA, though. tounge.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

No, I unfortunately do not agree with you. I love GTA III so much but I don't think the soundtrack is the best out of the GTA Games. I do, however, love Head Radio, Lips 106 and Flashback FM more than a lot of stations on a lot of other GTA Games. The Soundtrack is truly brilliant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users