Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you ever played a game that was too long?

98 replies to this topic
Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Metal Gear Solid 4.

Wot m8. Lol the cutscenes were longer than the actual gameplay...
Exactly, and considering you can't skip them, it makes it a stupidly long game.
During a cutscene press start and then you can select skip. Lol don't tell me you actually watched all of them?

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

Metal Gear Solid 4.

That is one long ass boring overrated game. So many cutscenes and the gameplay is sh*t. I gave up on it. Couldn't even follow the story because they make you buy all their other games and play through them to understand what's going on. Not one bit excited about MGS5. 

and

I've started FFXIII and that is just cutscene after cutscene. The gameplay so far is non existant. Basically, you walk along a path to a marker, fight a creature, walk along and see more creatures, fight, walk, fight, walk, fight. CUTSCENE. 2ND CUTSCENE. 3RD CUTSCENE. walk along a path, fight, walk, fight. CUT SCENE, CUT SCENE 2. walk, fight, walk, fight, CUTSCENE. at least the story is somewhat interesting. but I'm only about 2 hours in an I'm already thinking about giving it up.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

It becomes "too long" when you don't want to continue anymore, most games you've finished by now probably weren't too long. I never finished Fallout: New Vegas, RDR or Skyrim despite having put a lot of hours into it, simply because the quests and the storyline got so dull I couldn't be arsed continueing, that's what "too long" means for me.

Oh. Okay. My mistake to assume it for the lengthy gameplay over the games running longer.

Thanks for the correction... and you're right again, the games I've listed so far, I believe it does take long to play them but not one that stretches too long, and to name one such game, even I think it's the Elder Scroll Series!!

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like a correction, that's my idea about a game taking "too long" it's not in the hours I play a game, but in if I continue to play it because it still entertains me.

Other games I sometimes feel are too long are RTS Skirmish games (I hardly play campaign) like Anno games take way too long, in the end you just have to keep building more of the same buildings, which makes it feel boring even though it doesn't take as long as a game of Knights and Merchants, but KaM skirmishes have never bored me.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Metal Gear Solid 4.

Wot m8. Lol the cutscenes were longer than the actual gameplay...
Exactly, and considering you can't skip them, it makes it a stupidly long game.
During a cutscene press start and then you can select skip. Lol don't tell me you actually watched all of them?
Wow, what the actual f*ck? I did.... 😐

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like a correction, that's my idea about a game taking "too long" it's not in the hours I play a game, but in if I continue to play it because it still entertains me.

Pretty much the same here, in fact, most of us play their "favorites" because we love to play them over and over again, since its easy to enjoy our time with them, long enough w/o getting bored.
And hence, your post did strike me, to understand ( and correct myself ) that I wrongly picked the favorite games ( with better gameplay, lengthy and enjoyable ) over the games that turn boring and repetitive fast enough to actually continue enjoying thereafter.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

Cannot recall any at the moment. No, wait: AC Black Flag was definitely too long for me, especially because of those repetitive and utterly boring sea battles that you had to endure in order to make your ship better. Groan!

FF 13 was another, long because it forced you into repetitive battles for XP.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

I find the AC series too long, too much of the same sh*t

• Misbegotten cad and Biohazard Abyss like this

Khan96
  • Khan96

Mafia Never Forgets

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

The Hitman: Absolution is a very long game especially if you play stealth style.

VanillaIce
  • VanillaIce

Cole Phelps FanBoy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

San Andreas 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users