Photo

Are You Going to Miss

44 replies to this topic
MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

There will be certainly something missing from my life when the game eventually gets released. I don't know how I'm going to replace or when but it'll have to be replaced. To be honest I'm about to give up the hype train when August comes around, then it'll just bee too long knowing about it and not been able to do anything about it.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

I remember i was following SRTT as much as i was following this game (at around the same time in 2010 lol) and I have to say, I miss the wait for SRTT tbh, because I didn't know how f*cked the game actually was. But damn was it fun, I also remember following The Sims 3 back in 09, and that was pretty fun. So, more likely than not, i will miss waiting on the forums. But only when I actually stop playing V. tounge.gif

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Just because some folk have not joined the forum until recently doesn't mean they have not been waiting as long. I stayed away as long as I could because I knew the hype would make me impatient.

To answer your question - hell no, just give me the game.

Luna Lovegood
  • Luna Lovegood

You're just sane as i am

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

No! its like waiting a bus, why would you miss waiting something?

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (johnny_zoo @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 10:17)
Yep, are you?

In a way yes. The same can be said for quite a few games to be honest. I find the unknown very exciting and join forums for certain games to discuss the upcoming game with people who share the same interest as me. In the process I meet some cool people. Once the game is out I stick around but discussion somewhat looses it's shine because we already know what's in the game, how things work and so on. Then come the inevitable loss of interest in talking about a game and I move on although I still lurk the forums now and then. tounge.gif

lava lamp
  • lava lamp

cupa

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

This is a joke right? Waiting isn't a thing we're dong for fun or on purpose. We're waiting for the game so we can play the game and not wait anymore.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (lava lamp @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:54)
This is a joke right? Waiting isn't a thing we're dong for fun or on purpose. We're waiting for the game so we can play the game and not wait anymore.

This... icon14.gif

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

When I look back at previous games the wait has been quite a fun experience on Forums, but the wait for V seems to have gone on forever so ill enjoy playing the game biggrin.gif

Wug Shug
  • Wug Shug

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

I am not going to miss your threads smile.gif

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

Waiting is a good thing, especially if you happen to wait for what might turn out to be the game of games. Anticipation is part of an experience. It starts right there. You can easily overdo it though and have people wait for too long and then their expectations might be too high to live up to. Of course that's partially their own fault but on the other hand it's the long wait that has their imagination draw images that might not be accurate compared to the final picture they get to see.

Closing in on THE date expectations are high and it was/is fun to theorize about the game's content, but after years of NO TOUCHY TOUCHY JUST LOOK - it's time to get your hands on that thing. Desert, sunset, sports car, music on the radio.....DO WANT NOW

So HELL NAH I'm not going to miss waiting and looking at the past, I'll be living the dream and embracing the future.

DrewyR
  • DrewyR

DrewyR

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hell no, I've been anticipating this game ever since it was announced in 2011. These last three months are going to be torture.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Foreplay is a must to keep any relationship healthy.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hell no.

I actually miss the wait for RDR. That was quite fun and the community awaiting its release was much smaller and generally nicer to one another ha.

Metalhead4
  • Metalhead4

I eat green berets for breakfast

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 08:50)
Hell no.

I actually miss the wait for RDR. That was quite fun and the community awaiting its release was much smaller and generally nicer to one another ha.

RDR was fun to follow because they released a bunch of information and vignettes on it to showcase what the game is going to do. When R* has a new game that isn't established, they tend to do that and it doesn't leave much to the imagination. The wait for GTA IV was much more agonizing for me since I was younger and it really was the height of my game playing. I don't play games as much anymore now that I have responsibilities, but the wait for GTA is special because it is the only game I like to follow throughout development. They really know how to tease us all for such a long amount of time by releasing the smallest bits of info and making people speculate on the rest. That being said, I just want to play the damn game already...

Krist075
  • Krist075

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yep. Waiting is the part that makes the whole experience awesome. After the release I will feel super happy and sad at the same time. Of course IŽll be enjoying the game but thinking also of the long wait and hype with GTA V. This doesnŽt only happen with games, it happens with everything you wait for and anticipate in your life. Luckily there are other new games coming, though IŽm going to be busy playing GTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users