44 replies to this topic
johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yep, are you?

It's polarising because some might say waiting for this game is the best part because its the time where we know little information and our interest is at its highest That's because the game could release and we might not like it very much after a while being very disappointed. However some may hate the delay and cannot wait for it to be over and play the game.

For those of you that have been here since 2011 when they announced GTAV, will you miss the times we've shared here since then? Its true since 2011 October this forum has had more ups and downs than a ship tossed to and fro on a stormy sea. Our emotions have been highly played with by Rockstar for almost two years. Like making your cat chase a laser across the room. You know he'll never catch it but you do it anyway for your own amusement.

Some people only just joined the other day so cant relate to waiting the long periods of time from the initial announcement to September. And there are those who don't even know of GTAV's existence and wont realise it until they walk into their local game store to see it on shelves. We however will have been waiting for years to finally play it and therefore the first play will be all the more sweeter.

I for one will definitely miss waiting despite the forums recently turning to a cesspit of madness and pointless threads. Its been a great ride and with GTAV now only 15 weeks away we are getting closer to an actual reveal of what the game actually looks like! I cant wait!

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

I'm not going to miss waiting for this game. I rather be playing it any day of the weak.

Columbo
  • Columbo

SA+IV+RDR=V

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

The wait was fun for about a year. Now I just want to play the game to be honest.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Well, the waiting is part of the experience, but I think I'll have had my fill several times over by the time the game comes out, so I doubt I'll miss it much. I look back on the times when I was waiting on a lot of things I've anticipated, and while there's a certain amount of nostalgia when you watch the old trailers and thinking on the speculation you had about it, ultimately the experience of actually enjoying it is so much better that I'm always glad that it's over with.

And I can always come back to the forums a few months later and begin discussing the game more thoroughly now that we've all played it and begin speculation on the next title. Or just be part of the community. This is the first time I've done this with GTA so we'll see how that turns out.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Um... no? I think I'll be busy playing it.

confused.gif

Matt06
  • Matt06

Consigliere

• Members

I only joined here the other day, but I've been on this games ass since November '11. I had actually joined some other GTA forum years ago, forget which one. I lurked here for the last month and finally joined.

Much of the excitement is in the anticipation before it goes live, so once that climax hits it's downhill from there and we will all be stuck to our TV's and reporting back here every so often on how kick-ass the game is, and surely with some of our disappointments. This has been a quick two years, it's gonna be a little surreal to actually have the physical copy of Grand Theft Auto V sitting in front of me. I might miss the waiting just a little.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

It is quite a magical time during the wait, and part of the overall experience. I'll look back at these times while slowly driving into the sunset in Blaine County.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

f*ck

No

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

I swear if I had the time I would write the longest no you've ever seen in your entire life

MuXu96
  • MuXu96

Peon

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 09:20)
I'm not going to miss waiting for this game. I rather be playing it any day of the weak.

finally I can agree with you in something.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

There will be the next title soon, for which we will wait after the release.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

I do understand where you're coming from. It's been quite a ride, the anticipation of this game on GTAForums. While it's definitely been fun, I really need to play the game soon. I disagree though, I doubt the game will turn out to be disappointing.

Dre23
  • Dre23

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:45 AM Edited by Dre23, 16 June 2013 - 09:47 AM.

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:25)
It is quite a magical time during the wait, and part of the overall experience. I'll look back at these times while slowly driving into the sunset in Blaine County. 

icon14.gif

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (johnny_zoo @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 09:17)
I for one will definitely miss waiting despite the forums recently turning to a cesspit of madness and pointless threads. Its been a great ride and with GTAV now only 15 weeks away we are getting closer to an actual reveal of what the game actually looks like! I cant wait!

This sums it up nicely! biggrin.gif

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Its gonna be right to waiting for new DLC for me personally. I always want more, nothing will change.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

LOL no, I wasted too much time on this website. Just come here for the news.

DWTDevil
  • DWTDevil

The Plucky Brit

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

I can see where you're coming from, but I really can't wait for it. The wait is significant however, because if you were to just hand me the game now it will probably ruin things for me. You'll feel a great sense of achievement when it comes to September 17th. There's no need to try and rush the experience. Enjoy it. Savour it. It's not long until we see more content that's going to continue to tease us. wink.gif

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 09:25)

this dude... THIS^

The wait this time really has been a roller coaster, and i have loved every second! R* really do know how to put on a good show, and the bit that will appear to be the crescendo (when we have the game in our hands ready to play) is just the end of the long intro to what will turn out to be the best f*cking ride ever! icon14.gif cool.gif

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

yes thats why im going to continue waiting when it comes out. im just going to stare at the box...

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Are you serious? NO.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

I will. But I will enjoy playing it more.

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Definitely! It's been a long journey.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

No, because it won't be long until the next big wait for VI.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (DWTDevil @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 09:48)
I can see where you're coming from, but I really can't wait for it. The wait is significant however, because if you were to just hand me the game now it will probably ruin things for me. You'll feel a great sense of achievement when it comes to September 17th. There's no need to try and rush the experience. Enjoy it. Savour it. It's not long until we see more content that's going to continue to tease us. wink.gif

Exactly this. icon14.gif

If the game we're leaked today and copies appeared all over the internet I would be EXTREMELY angry as the suspense and surprise would be ruined.

I will miss the waiting and will look back fondly at the good times. Like the long 8 month silence, the two screenshots in August followed by more delay, Rockstar's in a few weeks or so but really 4 months later statement and the trailer 2 delay and the boxart tease/announcement followed by the extra 4 month delay. Wait a minute what's my point again?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

GTAO IS A MASTERPIECE. PERIOD.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

I will not miss waiting for it. The night of the 16th I will be happier than a pig in sh!t.

nick824
  • nick824

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

pfttttt hell no. Ive been lurking at this site since GTA V was announced. I only just recently made an account, Ill never regret the game coming out. I want it

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Say good bye to about 90% of the contributors to this forum when the game releases. Hypers will hate the game because they have overfed on info prior to getting it...this will have spoiled them. They will hate on GTA V for a week then leave.

They will be replaced by a new population who weren't on the hype train/V is their first GTA/GTAFFERS who don't use this forum.

This happens with lots of games.

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 13:29)
f*ck

No

dis.

LOL no, I wasted too much time on this website. Just come here for the news.

das.

Say good bye to about 90% of the contributors to this forum when the game releases. Hypers will hate the game because they have overfed on info prior to getting it...this will have spoiled them. They will hate on GTA V for a week then leave.

They will be replaced by a new population who weren't on the hype train/V is their first GTA/GTAFFERS who don't use this forum.

This happens with lots of games.

doos.

Thier pratically edywere. Lwl.

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

No. A couple of months after GTA V comes out, many people will have gotten bored of it, and then this forums will be back to what it was like 2 years ago - 100 topics of "what would you like to see in GTA 6?"

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by gdsaqqq, 16 June 2013 - 11:28 AM.

QUOTE (urbanfire @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 15:20)
No. A couple of months after GTA V comes out, many people will have gotten bored of it, and then this forums will be back to what it was like 2 years ago - 100 topics of "what would you like to see in GTA 6?"

Realistic Steak. With additional steak-ness. And oh, also a HUGE Soda.

R.I.P Big Smoke. cryani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users