Photo

Fable 3 free

27 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Never really played a fable game but I'm downloading this now.
It should be on the featured menu in the free on gold sub menu.

I ve heard its not great but it's free.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Ain't a bad game tbh... But I ain't thrilled in them making Fable 3 the FIRST Free Game since this console has been out for ages.. Especially a really average game like Fable 3. Just ripping off the PS Plus. Just a bit to late to the game.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

Fabel- legendary game, probably one of my favourite RPGs
Fable II- not as good as the first, but still a very thrilling game non the less.
Fable III- wouldn't even bother downloading for free to be honest

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

Well, MS isn't going to release the best games for free, you can count on that. Fable III is good enough that a free download is definitely worth it. It's time-consuming and has it's moments. I downloaded it the other day but since I already beat the game previously, I'm just stuck running around conquering nothing and just repairing all my properties. Though I may start a new save and do it all over.

Also, not sure if it's just me but it seems to be a bit laggy at times.. more than what I recall from the disc version dontgetit.gif

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Eh, Fable 3 was alright to kill time with I guess. It's one of those games where it's so unchallenging and basic that you don't really have to think when playing it.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Too bad they gave me this game for free already along with Halo Reach when I first bought my Xbox 360 Holiday Edition I think, but I did renew my subscription in time for the next 2 free games in the upcoming weeks

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 17:25)
Too bad they gave me this game for free already along with Halo Reach when I first bought my Xbox 360 Holiday Edition I think, but I did renew my subscription in time for the next 2 free games in the upcoming weeks

Ooh you know what they are?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 17:46)
QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 17:25)

Ooh you know what they are?

It's Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 01:49)
Fable II- not as good as the first, but still a very thrilling game non the less.

This is the honest-to-god truth. Fable: The Lost Chapters is the most fun dungeons and dragons type game ive ever played, but its only gotten worse with age. Who the fcuk made the developers believe it was a good idea to add guns and change the direction completely from a formula that was proven to work? Another disapoonting franchise suicide that broke my hheart like def jam icon did after def jam fight for new york sad.gif RIP

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

Fable III isn't that bad. It's easy as all hell and the story isn't anything incredible, but it's not that bad.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by Chukkles, 17 June 2013 - 05:47 PM.

What's better about the first one?
This is a little dull right now but I'm only at the start and just going through the cave where there's treasure from his father.
I haven't just turned it off like I have with other really bad games, there is some interest.

Is his father the protag of the previous game?

I think the only other Lionhead studios game I played was Black and White. I love it but always got stuck when two AI opponents appeared, I could never charge spells quick enough and all my villagers would end up hating me and I just hit a stale mate. Those were the days. inlove.gif

Do you even life bar?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 03:49)

this is just more fanboyism.

Fable 3 is a great game in its own right.
the only people who don't like Fable 3 are fanboys of Fable 1.

you will enjoy Fable 3. it looks LIGHTYEARS better than 1 and 2 which are really getting old and hard on the eyes in terms of graphics. it's all bloom and bland.
give Fable 3 a try. especially if it's FREE - what do you have to lose?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 13:05)
QUOTE (Niko Vercetti 112 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 03:49)

this is just more fanboyism.

Fable 3 is a great game in its own right.
the only people who don't like Fable 3 are fanboys of Fable 1.

you will enjoy Fable 3. it looks LIGHTYEARS better than 1 and 2 which are really getting old and hard on the eyes in terms of graphics. it's all bloom and bland.
give Fable 3 a try. especially if it's FREE - what do you have to lose?

This.

My brother in law and I started a new game last night and are strictly co-oping it. Forgot how fun it can be. Fable 3 is a classic for the series, though unfortunately, Fable: The Journey was horrible with the Kinect feature.. so I didn't play it long.. about 20mins and I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm hoping Lionhead goes back to their roots with the next one which is in development right now wink.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by Chukkles, 23 June 2013 - 02:17 PM.

I'm a little confused about something.
I've unlocked many of the emote pack chests but all I can ever do is dance, chat and if I'm lucky patt-a-cake.
So, how do I change the emotes to be less gay, because I don't want to dance with loads of men, I also don't want to tickle them.
Whats the deal, can these be changed???

I've become best friends with one man but Seth wants to date me, WTF. All this is missing is some manly anal sex, or does that come later??? notify.gif

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Lesotho

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

I noticed it last night and downloaded it. Never really played Fable but meh, it's free so I thought why not. If MS are offering something for free I'm going to take it.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 09:08)
I've unlocked many of the emote pack chests but all I can ever do is dance, chat and if I'm lucky patt-a-cake.
So, how do I change the emotes to be less gay, because I don't want to dance with loads of men, I also don't want to tickle them.

I've become best friends with one man but Seth wants to date me, WTF. All this is missing is some manly anal sex, or does that come later??? notify.gif

Not sure, every now and then I can shake hands and use my dog to do things for them as well. Develop a friendship with them, not enough to make them love you though. You'll notice while exploring there are man whores and women whores in back corners lmfao .. I guess the men appeal to the female gamers. I just roll evil man, I literally walk by civilians and automatically get guild seals they're so terrified.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:08)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 09:08)

Not sure, every now and then I can shake hands and use my dog to do things for them as well. Develop a friendship with them, not enough to make them love you though. You'll notice while exploring there are man whores and women whores in back corners lmfao .. I guess the men appeal to the female gamers. I just roll evil man, I literally walk by civilians and automatically get guild seals they're so terrified.

Ok so just keep them at the friend/ best friend level. (I have 2 men in love with me right now). wow.gif mad.gif

I'm enjoying this other than that, I think I played the demo for #2 (where it looked like a Victorian city and I was a child with a girl and the dog), the demo didn't impress me at all and I just shrugged it off.

Can anyone say what was more preferable about the first one?
Xbox original title?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:49 AM

I never played the first, only 2 and III .. I enjoyed 2 over III though, mini-games, age with time, grow horns and such. But yeah, try sticking to just a friend level and see what happens, I would suggest killing those two dudes that love you lol or just do evil expressions until they dislike you again. That way you don't have hearts stalking you.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Is there any way to scrub missions off my quest list?
I don't want to do the evil missions like murdering people and they are just taking up space in my QL, will they ever dissapear?

I think this would be a nice touch for the sequal, (I think I must have it and am sad I never picked up Fable before), disregard the missions you don't want to do and wipe them from the list. skyrim would have benefitted from this, not because good and evil choices but for glitches.

I take it the only thing that changes in 3 is the weaponry? My blade looks sweet as a good guy.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by GunWrath, 27 June 2013 - 12:24 AM.

Yeah, I didn't do the murder quests either. I can tell you now that they won't disappear in F3.. all you can do is ignore them. I finally finished the game for a 3rd time the other night alone and not on co-op and ended up having over 8mil in the treasury before completing the final quest/mission and with good morality. I believe I got 1 or 2 achievements for it that I didn't even know I didn't have. So don't worry about those 2 quests, I believe there's two in the Bowerstone Market area, one is one guy that wants to kill his buddy in jail and the other is a quest to kill the painter Thomas Kinkaide. Don't have to do them.. just do all the normal quests and make sure you take time between quests to rack up coin, you'll need it before the end of the game.

Hints/Advice:

Don't buy homes and rent them out, it just becomes a hassle and you'll have to keep repairing to make top rent.

Just buy vendors, stalls, etc. Only businesses.. within 2-3hrs of playing, I was making up to 30k in income every 5mins and at the end I was abit over 60k/5mins.. so houses aren't needed.

You figure if houses pay out rent at 1-2-300coin apiece, if you bought all the homes in Albion you really wouldn't amass much. Just stick to vendors and keep an eye out for sales at Pawnbrokers, etc. You can buy stuff for cheap, sell them for double or even triple.

at 60k every 5mins and an hour, it's almost 1million coin per hour.. which with properties such as homes, you'll have like 1,007,000.. it's not worth repairing all the homes.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by Chukkles, 27 June 2013 - 07:57 AM.

There is a third one, but it's either impressive that you know the missions I mean or there's not many missions left.
I have just got Reavers underpants for his fan, the guy who locked me into a game of wheel of death.

I have to see the king next as a main mission. Holding off though to play in the game a bit.

I have been buying and renting houses and actually not buying stores and businesses, I think I'll be changing that around.

If demos could showcase games better than they do I woulda got into this at Fable 2.
Arcade titles have it right with a trial.

This is what I hope for GTAV, the ability to really spend time off missions and not get bored doing things. If only GTAV could have half the property system F3 has I would be so happy.

I took the barmaid from Brightwall on a date, halfway there we encountered bandits, once I killed them all, she was gone, I didn't see a body or see her bite it.
She has not returned to Brightwall either, is she dead? Can enemies kill NPCs? I have only noticed that they ignore NPCs and come straight for me, which is why I'm confused.

Still wish I didn't have to dance with men to make friends.
Loved the mission for the 3 mages, you think how they was explaining how they made their game directly correlates to how FABLE 3 was made? Didn't have time to put in weapon smithing or something.

Edit: I have 4 evil missions, "Peace, love and homicide" "framed for murder" "The debt" and "the man who knew just enough".
I'm actually curious as to how evil doing these missions would make me.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

Does the disc version of this lag as bad.
Not that it bothers me much because it was free, it does hinder things like jobs though.

Mainly just wondering if its because its a full disc game downloaded to the HDD.
Don't think I'd ever want to do that for other games.
Arcade games are fine.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yeah the disc version use to lag and stutter for me at certain occasions, mostly when combat got a bit hectic and when i spammed destructive spells. Installing the disc version to the HDD solved all that though and it ran smoothly after that.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Damnit Chukkles, reading about your experience is making me really want to play this game through for the 8th time..
I shall start tomorrow.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

I skipped this.

Ass cred 2 out today for free so I will go for that one instead.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by Chukkles, 21 July 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Spent a couple days earning 6 million, I accepted last court decision thinking it'd let me transfer it all and not go straight into it.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit suicidal.gif

Is that the end of the game or are there bonu missions that pop up afterwards?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

you can continue playing after the main story ends.

freeplay and sidequest mop-up.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

I think I'm gonna give it a break then restart it at some point.
Shame because I wanted to be evil on next playthrough.

Though saying that, is being evil ever a permanent thing unless you choose evil things in the courtroom?

Could I have lots of fun as evil guy, even to get that demon door open, then be good again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users