Photo

Few Questions

2 replies to this topic
GTAIV-NewYork
  • GTAIV-NewYork

TMô

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

Yo bustas, so my friend thinks that if you drive into or bash a locked car door enough, it will break open allowing you to drive it.

Please tell me that's wrong.

Also, he thinks that if you shoot at a helicopter blade or anywhere around it, the chopper will automatically blow up.

Please tell me the helicopter's on Vice City have no weak spots (unless they have a gas tank which I don't remember them having.)

Proving this guy wrong would make my year, cheers guys.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (GTAIV-NewYork @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:52)
Yo bustas, so my friend thinks that if you drive into or bash a locked car door enough, it will break open allowing you to drive it.

No, bashing a locked car door will not make it open, no matter how much you hit it. Eventually, the car will just blow up.

QUOTE (GTAIV-NewYork @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:52)

Also, he thinks that if you shoot at a helicopter blade or anywhere around it, the chopper will automatically blow up.

Vehicles in Vice City didn't have explodable gas tanks, those came in San Andreas.

However, your friend is sort of right on this one. On the police helicopter, you can aim with the sniper rifle at the base of either the main or tail rotor, and if you hit it in the right place, you can send the helicopter crashing to the ground in one shot. As there are no other AI in the game who flies with the normal helicopters I don't know if this works on them.

Firing any gun at the normal helicopters will blow them up, just like the cars. The same is true for the police helicopter, although it is extremely resiliant to gunfire. I think you need about 5 full minigun clips before you can make it crash this way. With the rocket launcher, one shot is enough no matter where on the helicopter you hit, so that's probably the easiest option you have.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

1. No, breaking locked car's doors, will not make it unlocked. The animation of "locked doors" will play, even if there are not any doors.
2. Yes, you can take down a police helicopter with just a one shot from a sniper rifle. This goes for San Andreas as well.
You need to shoot it here, from the front (remember, this works only for the sniper rifle):
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users