Maybe someone here can help me out. I've been working on putting the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier in GTA 4.
- I used OFIO to import RUS_18x12_Extra01.odr from retail_3.img, then imported rus_18x12_extra01.onim for the ceiling fan animations.
- I then took the skeleton from the buildings 4 ceiling fans and translated/scaled the bones to fit the rotors of the Helicarrier.
- I then reset all transforms, scale, and xforms.
- Then I used the attach method to attach the rotors to the ceiling fans and delete the fans verts.
- I exported animations in OFIO.
- I used GIMS to setup hierarchy for ide (anim) and wpl's and exported those with no issues.
- I then used GIMS to setup hierarchy for the wdr export, matching RUS_18x12_Extra01.wdr's hierarchy.
- I had to modify the .skel file for the helicarrier to add the bone ID's from RUS_18x12_Extra01.
- I then imported all of the files into OpenIV
OpenIV has no issues showing the files, the animation works correctly in the Animation Viewer
NOW, when I start the game, the collision loads, but the mesh does not.
I can however load the mesh from a version I did without animations, so I know it's not a poly issue or textures/shaders.
Why would OpenIV be able to display everything correctly but not the game? Is this a WPL issue, that's about all that is left. I've even gone as far as comparing exported openformats data between the working and non working versions and making changes to the animated version with no luck.
Is this something I should be using OFIO for when I export the model?
Any help is appreciated, thanks!