11 replies to this topic
Alexandre Nahorny
  • Alexandre Nahorny

Professor

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Mod for GTA IV that exchange Niko by Gordon Freeman of Half Life 2

user posted image

Watch on my Youtube channel AnjoDark the video preview: Gordan Freeman is Niko Bellic

Mega
  • Mega

''This is Head Radio, A Love Media Station.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Conversions aren't allowed here, I'm afraid. But it looks nice, except for the weird texture glitches...

Teh Edgiest Man on Earth
  • Teh Edgiest Man on Earth

2edgy5u #TeamMichael

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

But that's clearly not a conversion...

Alexandre Nahorny
  • Alexandre Nahorny

Professor

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Teh Edgiest Man on Earth @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 22:21)
But that's clearly not a conversion...

Sorry I'm new in the forum, the original file is a OBJ, I convert the model to the game GTA IV , I dont understand why you said that is not a conversion if I converto to GTA IV?

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

it's pancake time

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 13:50)
Conversions aren't allowed here, I'm afraid. But it looks nice, except for the weird texture glitches...

there is no official (publicly released) Gordon Freeman model (unless you count the Half-life 1 era stuff but this looks higher quality than that), I guess it could also be from Half-life 2: Survivor but the assets from that game JUST got leaked so I doubt it... anyways if you fix the smoothing and the weird UV bugs I'd use it

where'd you get this model from OP?

Alexandre Nahorny
  • Alexandre Nahorny

Professor

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Jago @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 23:07)

there is no official (publicly released) Gordon Freeman model (unless you count the Half-life 1 era stuff but this looks higher quality than that), I guess it could also be from Half-life 2: Survivor but the assets from that game JUST got leaked so I doubt it... anyways if you fix the smoothing and the weird UV bugs I'd use it

There's a lot free model to download in http://tf3dm.com/ , the Gordan Freeman that I used in this mod was submitted by the user 3dregenerator , on download this model the website say that "* All the models are uploaded by users, thus tf3dm.com is not responsable for their content. For any copyright infringements / takedowns (if you are the copyright holder) please contact us".

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Alexandre Nahorny @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 02:55)
QUOTE (Mr. Jago @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 23:07)

There's a lot free model to download in http://tf3dm.com/ , the Gordan Freeman that I used in this mod was submitted by the user 3dregenerator , on download this model the website say that "* All the models are uploaded by users, thus tf3dm.com is not responsable for their content. For any copyright infringements / takedowns (if you are the copyright holder) please contact us".

It is still not their property and can't be published on GTA Forums.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

So what? Neither of you are moderators to start off. If a moderator finds the content questionable, he/she'll delete it.

Alexandre Nahorny
  • Alexandre Nahorny

Professor

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:09)
So what? Neither of you are moderators to start off. If a moderator finds the content questionable, he/she'll delete it.

Thanks for the encouragement, I was almost give up of my MOD. cryani.gif cryani.gif

Mega
  • Mega

''This is Head Radio, A Love Media Station.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:58 AM Edited by MegaMario1500, 24 June 2013 - 05:06 AM.

QUOTE (MasterK @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 11:09)

There's no reason to react like that, chill.

I'm not saying his work is bad, I'm just afraid this forum isn't (sadly) like Facepunch (where they freely accept conversions) and I don't want him to get into trouble.

Also, the model you used was actually made by a Facepunch user (if I recall it correctly) time ago, using mostly the HL2 HEV suit model, so technically it still is Valve property. (you can still release it on gta4mods)

@Mr. Jago: And no, this is not the actual Survivor mod (though all models use the model from HL2), it was recently released along with tons of content from it. Here's a pic:

user posted image

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:09)

I never said he should delete it but that's one of the reasons why people no longer release anything here like on the SA era.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 23:58)
Also, the model you used was actually made by a Facepunch user (if I recall it correctly) time ago, using mostly the HL2 HEV suit model, so technically it still is Valve property.

Was gonna say the exact same thing. So yeah... tough sh*t confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users