• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hey everyone, I just have a question. I don't want this to be a popular thread or anything, I just want to know. If I pre-order GTA V from Amazon.co.uk, will I get it on the day it comes out? I've never pre-ordered a game online before but I just want to spend the rest of my birthday money.

Again, don't flame, just need assistance. Thanks.

Gears of Skorge
  • Gears of Skorge

Adrian De-Silva changed to Michael due to R* Leak

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

They can never guarantee it's delivery on release date, sometimes you get games a day or two early, sometimes late, but most of the time they are good with the date. If your worried go to your nearest game shop and buy it from there, all you will have to do is turn up midnight of the 16th and guarantee yourself a copy for the 17th. smile.gif

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Gears of Skorge @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 17:25)
They can never guarantee it's delivery on release date, sometimes you get games a day or two early, sometimes late, but most of the time they are good with the date. If your worried go to your nearest game shop and buy it from there, all you will have to do is turn up midnight of the 16th and guarantee yourself a copy for the 17th. smile.gif

Alright, you've helped me make up my mind. Thanks for that.

Sorry to make a topic about it, I just needed help in making a decision. Lock this up if necessary. smile.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

If I were you, I'd just preorder it with GAME for collection at your nearest store - that way, you know you are gonna be leaving the store with a copy in your hand.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

I've pre ordered on Amazon.co.uk. I've already paid for it (through gift cards). If you select the FREE delivery you WILL NOT get it on release day. If you select 1ST CLASS you'll most likely get it on release day but it is not guaranteed.

If you leave it too late to pre order then even 1st class won't get you it on release day. As of now you can still get it on release day. Pre order soon.

I pre ordered The Last of Us about a week ago on Amazon.co.uk and I selected 1st class delivery and it indeed arrived today (release day). They dispatched it yesterday. If I used free delivery I probably wouldn't have got it until well into next week.

In the unlikely case that the game doesn't arrive on time I also have a copy reserved at Tesco (5 deposit) so I can go pick it up there.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 13:24)
I've pre ordered on Amazon.co.uk. I've already paid for it (through gift cards). If you select the FREE delivery you WILL NOT get it on release day. If you select 1ST CLASS you'll most likely get it on release day but it is not guaranteed.

I'm going a bit off-topic, but we have a similar deal with Amazon here in the US. I believe we have to pay for the 2-day shipping option when pre-ordering a game to get it on release day. The free shipping it offers can take several days (I think Amazon predicts 5-8 business days), although depending on where it ships from, I've ordered free shipping items and received them two days later.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 18:24)

If you leave it too late to pre order then even 1st class won't get you it on release day. As of now you can still get it on release day. Pre order soon.

I pre ordered The Last of Us about a week ago on Amazon.co.uk and I selected 1st class delivery and it indeed arrived today (release day). They dispatched it yesterday. If I used free delivery I probably wouldn't have got it until well into next week.

In the unlikely case that the game doesn't arrive on time I also have a copy reserved at Tesco (5 deposit) so I can go pick it up there.

Okay, thanks for that D3. I've taken care of it now. I selected the One Day Delivery option that you mentioned. Even if the game doesn't arrive on the release date, I'm certain it'll still arrive the day after. Based on what you said though, I am positive I'll get it at the promised time. Again, cheers for the help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users