SA::Render

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,940 replies to this topic
Musi
  • Musi

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

@alayanrole: It's in the morning from what I can see (the shadows should form a 0* angle with the sun so they look streched) so the shadows are more powerful then.

Question: Will we be able to use a custom timecyc? I can see that the sky is different...

nikobellico69
  • nikobellico69

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

sh*t shadows are awsome dont change that, dont remove sound or weathe effects, do it later in a updated release, about sky i have the solution for you:

that vid have the solution!

TJGM
  • TJGM

James May is the best May!

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (nikobellico69 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 13:34)
sh*t shadows are awsome dont change that, dont remove sound or weathe effects, do it later in a updated release, about sky i have the solution for you:

Why wouldn't they change it? When they can clearly look a lot better.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

From what I know, shadow intensity can still be controlled with timecycle.

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

Formerly known as Dumbass-Productions

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (nikobellico69 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 13:34)

So what's the solution? bored.gif

Killersnake
  • Killersnake

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Dumbass-Productions @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 09:17)
@methodunderg Here you go  biggrin.gif
As you can see on the last pic, the sky is buggy yet. They are still working on it.

[Insert Pictures here]

Screenshots were taken by Maks, I only uploaded them to tinypic because russian image uploaders don't work on this forum.

Oh gosh looks nice besides the bugged sky.

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

*void*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 20:47)
From what I know, shadow intensity can still be controlled with timecycle.

By default, yes. You can push the limit too using DK22pac's shadow extender & Deji's Stream Extender. But im pretty sure SA:Render has configurable shadow itself sigh.gif

Semih95
  • Semih95

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

wow very nice mod,

just a question. What about real light like in GTA 4 ? The "texture"light for vehicle (sorry donīt know how to explain is just useless in the dark. The dynamic one from GTA 4 is way better. It is possible to make something like that ?
Watch starting from 4:22 to see the light I mean.

TJGM
  • TJGM

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (Semih95 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 15:49)
wow very nice mod,

just a question. What about real light like in GTA 4 ? The "texture"light for vehicle (sorry donīt know how to explain is just useless in the dark. The dynamic one from GTA 4 is way better. It is possible to make something like that ?
Watch starting from 4:22 to see the light I mean.

Are you talking about the reflections on the car?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Semih95 Sometimes I really want to high five people to the face with a chair...

Look at the first post in the topic. There is a picture with text "Deffered lighting", right? So, what do you think that does? Exactly, same shading IV uses for lights.

nikobellico69
  • nikobellico69

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

about the sky, i so sory about that is too late but solution is SKYBOX

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (nikobellico69 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 23:20)
about the sky, i so sory about that is too late but solution is SKYBOX

You know, they are already using the skybox technique but it's buggy at the moment and what you showed in the video is just a high-res texture for the vanilla SA cloud system.

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

How about tessellation? In angular San Andreas models it would be nice...

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Masny @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 17:09)
How about tessellation? In angular San Andreas models it would be nice...

It's not possible because it would require a complete rewriting of the game-engine from DirectX 9 to 11.

plk4
  • plk4

the pole

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Is there a possiblity for parallax occlusion mapping? It's been done in DX9 before

Killersnake
  • Killersnake

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by Killersnake, 30 June 2013 - 09:26 PM.

QUOTE (plk4 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 17:33)
Is there a possiblity for parallax occlusion mapping? It's been done in DX9 before

Its posable just idk if they gonna bother doing it though. Might end up being buggy like the ENB parallax one...

plk4
  • plk4

the pole

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Killersnake @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 21:20)

Its posable just idk if they gonna bother doing it though. Might end up being buggy like the ENB parallax one...

Well the difference is that they arent applying effects to the whole screen but in a proper way ( I dont know how to explain quickly but i think you know what i mean). Not everything is approximated (custom normal maps have been confirmed) so it could work on a bases that if a displacement map is present then the effect would work and if not, it wouldnt.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (plk4 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 21:58)
QUOTE (Killersnake @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 21:20)

Well the difference is that they arent applying effects to the whole screen but in a proper way ( I dont know how to explain quickly but i think you know what i mean). Not everything is approximated (custom normal maps have been confirmed) so it could work on a bases that if a displacement map is present then the effect would work and if not, it wouldnt.

That's what I'm trying to point out. ENB smears most of its effects in screen-space without taking other elements into account. Hence the HUD reflecting on the vehicles.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

Even better than a sky box, but more difficult:
Try to make a weather system that is like Flight Simulator. It could be a modified SA system that has the clouds generate differently according to the weather instead of randomly. They also are visible from the ground but because they don't generate randomly, they can be in realistic positions. For example they are low when its rainy and cloudy, extra sunny has no clouds, sunny has scattered clouds, etc...

It does sound harder, but I thought I'd post this here anyways. Keep in mind, these guys got dynamic shaders, real time reflections, etc working on SA.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

Guys, just block the penis pictures with AdBlock and you'll be free of these assholes.

Seriously, first this thread got bombarded with assholes posting some weird pictures, now this?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:55 AM

I filed a removal request for the penis image in question.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

Same guy as before I bet. He spammed the ENB topic, and this. Must of been some dumb retarded person who got banned, and now he is mad.

Edit: If the Ad Blocker would block his pictures, wouldn't it block out screenshots of the mod?

TJGM
  • TJGM

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:58)
Same guy as before I bet. He spammed the ENB topic, and this. Must of been some dumb retarded person who got banned, and now he is mad.

He got upset because I told him to stay on topic and speak English on the ENB thread.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:01 AM Edited by lpgunit, 01 July 2013 - 02:07 AM.

If the Ad Blocker would block his pictures, wouldn't it block out screenshots of the mod?

Nope, you can set a custom filter to block only the image in question:

user posted image

EDIT: Perhaps you guys might as well file an abuse report on the image at [email protected] Tell them that some low-life's been pestering us for no good reason.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 02:01)
If the Ad Blocker would block his pictures, wouldn't it block out screenshots of the mod?

Nope, you can set a custom filter to block only the image in question:

user posted image

EDIT: Perhaps you guys might as well file an abuse report on the image at [email protected] Tell them that some low-life's been pestering us for no good reason.

Ok. Hopefully there is an ad blocker that can block commercials on youtube.

As for the low life. Could always make fun of how tiny it is. monocle.gif JK.

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 00:41)
Ok. Hopefully there is an ad blocker that can block commercials on youtube.

AdBlock can actually block those. At least on Chrome it does the job.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Yes, with AdBlock you can block specific parts of websites. Anyways, stop the off-topic, after the spammer got banned and his posts have been deleted, you are the ones creating more off-topic than any spammer. And that's how it always goes. One spammer with one post in the topic creates ten posts of spam from old users. Oh and yes, AdBlock actually blocks YouTube ads.

Anyways, about the clouds, I think sticking with SkyBox idea would be good because... Well, in vanilla San Andreas, you can fly through clouds. You can in real life. In San Andreas, they are at heights below 500 meters. In real life? Way higher. I hope you got my point.

I don't know about the weather system you were talking about nkjellman, but in it's own way, it would be easy to do as long as you know how to actually draw clouds. tounge.gif

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 16:35)
Anyways, about the clouds, I think sticking with SkyBox idea would be good because... Well, in vanilla San Andreas, you can fly through clouds. You can in real life. In San Andreas, they are at heights below 500 meters. In real life? Way higher. I hope you got my point.

Yeah, I agree, they should stick with the skybox. icon14.gif Would be cool if we have something like this, though. Clouds going through your way, man, would be great! Would give the game a whole new feeling.

ItsAllAboutGTA
  • ItsAllAboutGTA

Blessed

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by ItsAllAboutGTA, 01 July 2013 - 12:29 PM.

QUOTE (nikobellico69 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 07:33)
enb is trash, first is not playable it just decoration so it is not a good mod, second make my eyes bleed because of too much bloom and saoo

Say wut ?

Trash ? No , Not playable ? Yes , it is , whats the point of low PC ENB ? SSAO & bloom can be edited it can even be turn off , to make it got not too much bloom , you said this because you don't understand how the ENB works

Nice mod by the way , keep it up

Nights744
  • Nights744

Not Telling

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

A real skybox system would not be that good though.

I tested it and because of the overall timecyc system of San Andreas, there are several problems with skyboxes.
It won't look like in GTA IV.

First of all:

user posted image

If the skybox is not transparent at all you cannot see all the elements of the sky.
In my picture you can barely see the moon, because I added an alpha channel to my sky texture.
Otherwise it would't be visible.

Second:

user posted image

As you all know, the higher you fly, the more distance fog you get.
If you fly high or you get on a high building, you will get "holes" in the skybox caused by the distance fog.

You had to change to whole weather system at least to get a proper skybox working.
Maybe you can do it though, I don't know....the system I used was very simple.
Just the firmament attached to the player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users