SA WIP
2,234 replies to this topic
lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Guys, guys calm down... mod is not dead.. i have some ideas to implement and something to rewrite... i will tell you when next version is coming and when is release when i have something to show or tell.. just be patient.. anyway gta sa has a lot of performance problems(no culling, optimization) so i have the same fps on gt 630 1024x768, as on gtx 650 1920x1080 and that's not nice 

Anyone can pitch in and submit their patches besides Pet and DK, too. And you're right, while the game can run at triple-digit framerates it doesn't prune out hidden geometry that well. Try running SA in wireframe mode using 3D Ripper DX and you'll get my drift.

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Guys, guys calm down... mod is not dead.. i have some ideas to implement and something to rewrite... i will tell you when next version is comming and when is release when i have something to show or tell.. just be patient.. anyway gta sa has a lot of preformance problems(no culling, optimization) so i have the same fps on gt 630 1024x768, as on gtx 650 1920x1080 and that's not nice

That's because you carried on their weird second frame limiter to your RenderScene func :pp
  • lpgunit likes this

gtaszk
  • gtaszk

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

Guys, guys calm down... mod is not dead.. i have some ideas to implement and something to rewrite... i will tell you when next version is comming and when is release when i have something to show or tell.. just be patient.. anyway gta sa has a lot of preformance problems(no culling, optimization) so i have the same fps on gt 630 1024x768, as on gtx 650 1920x1080 and that's not nice 

could you upload  old version for us

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

could you upload  old version for us

You can compile the previous SVN builds yourself if you want to.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

With this modification, it may be possible to make the PC version of SA look as good as the mobile version will look. But the updated models would also need to be converted too.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically correct.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

With this modification, it may be possible to make the PC version of SA look as good as the mobile version will look. But the updated models would also need to be converted too.

You can already make the PC version look better.. the mobile version won't look much better than the vanilla San Andreas.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:28 AM

You can already make the PC version look better.. the mobile version won't look much better than the vanilla San Andreas.

GTA3 and VC Mobile contained some Xbox style things that were never adapted to the PC version, hell, VC contained detail overlays, actual shadows, actual hands, etc, to. San Andreas is the only main GTA in a sense to not get the "Xbox" style upgrade (thanks to Rockstar shutting down Rockstar Vienna and Rockstar North doing a rush port), so now with War Drum continuing that work, we may actually see a San Andreas with a bit of a quality boost.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

GTA3 and VC Mobile contained some Xbox style things that were never adapted to the PC version, hell, VC contained detail overlays, actual shadows, actual hands, etc, to. San Andreas is the only main GTA in a sense to not get the "Xbox" style upgrade (thanks to Rockstar shutting down Rockstar Vienna and Rockstar North doing a rush port), so now with War Drum continuing that work, we may actually see a San Andreas with a bit of a quality boost.

Well, everything that was enhanced on III and VC was able to be moved over, except the cut scene hands, and detail overlays (which if someone wanted it bad enough, they could move it over). However III and VC on mobile were missing fog and clouds.

As for SA Mobile:

-Enhanced character models, may not be easy to do it exact if its the same situation as VC.

-Enhanced vehicle models should be possible but the new texture and or model formats will need to be cracked if they exist.

-Dynamic Shadows is already being done with SA Render. However, we don't know what they look like yet. They could look like shadows from GTA IV/GTA V, or they could be simple like the PC ones, except everything casts a shadow. We will find this out when it comes. I bet they will be able to be recreated with SA Render on PC.

-Game may have detail overlays like VC, or it may have even better textures to begin with.

-The check point system, well that probably not. I'm not sure if its like GTA IV/V's route lines on the radar, or check points in missions so you don't have to redo the whole thing.

They did say the game was coming to Windows Phone too. I've read some speculation that the game could come to Windows RT and Windows 8 as a Metro app. If this does happen, this will mean the following.

-PC will have the enhancements.

-You would have to re-buy the game.

-You would have to have Windows 8.

-Most, if not all the mods will be compatible with the new version because the structure of a Metro app is different from a regular PC app, and the hot coffee business that prevents many mods on V1.1, V2.0, and V3.0.

-And obviously it would technically be a whole different app from the existing SA PC.

• Mega likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically correct.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

Well, everything that was enhanced on III and VC was able to be moved over, except the cut scene hands, and detail overlays (which if someone wanted it bad enough, they could move it over). However III and VC on mobile were missing fog and clouds.

-Dynamic Shadows is already being done with SA Render. However, we don't know what they look like yet. They could look like shadows from GTA IV/GTA V, or they could be simple like the PC ones, except everything casts a shadow. We will find this out when it comes. I bet they will be able to be recreated with SA Render on PC.

Woah wait, dynamic shadows doesn't mean everything has a shadow.. it's only what SA already has with most likely minor upgrades to them. :I

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Woah wait, dynamic shadows doesn't mean everything has a shadow.. it's only what SA already has with most likely minor upgrades to them. :I

Not sure. We will find out when the screens come. It may use a more advanced shading system like what SA:Render is doing. There are other games that have dynamic shadows like IV/V have for mobile.

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by lpgunit, 27 November 2013 - 08:44 AM.

Not sure. We will find out when the screens come. It may use a more advanced shading system like what SA:Render is doing. There are other games that have dynamic shadows like IV/V have for mobile.

Albeit at a lower resolution if you want most if not all objects to cast shadows. Or turn off shadowing when the situation doesn't need it.

Real Racing 3 uses dynamic shadows for vehicles and lightmaps for the environment, although the former, while they're higher-res, updates a bit slower as the car moves.

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

c8rv.jpg
Real-time Pseudo-VAL(Virtual Area Light) Global Illumination(look at lighting on wall in shadow) almost not affect preformance(with 4-6 Samples(16-36 Pseudo-VALs)) 
  • lpgunit, ThirteenAG, 018361 and 3 others like this

Meheraj7
  • Meheraj7

GAME DEV

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

c8rv.jpg
Real-time Pseudo-VAL(Virtual Area Light) Global Illumination(look at lighting on wall in shadow) almost not affect preformance(with 4-6 Samples(16-36 Pseudo-VALs)) 

Finally something to see :) . Thanx PetkaGta , I wish you good luck in finishing this project quick .

• In45do likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

c8rv.jpg

Will that work with coloured objects, i.e. similar to this?

colour-bleeding-2.jpg

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

@lpgunit yep, actually it just samples ~16(or more depeends on samples) area lights in screen area and multiplyed by shadow and diffuse(from small-sized texture to make it less flickering) from sampling point and than it get's multiplied by specular map(if there is no specular map it uses luminace of image) current problem is that it's flickers a bit and it's visible that lights is moving with screen. also i think i need add some randomness.. anyway in some places it look realy cool

• Meheraj7 likes this

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Nice pic, keep up the great work. :^: 

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'll be damned.

Meheraj7
  • Meheraj7

GAME DEV

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Waiting to see how gta sa render will look like when i put it in my tc , GanGStar LA . Just like Gta V ;)

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

/pol/itician and /b/ro from 8chan

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Absolutely amazing work  :^:

Great to see some progess after a while (:

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

The simulation of global illumination looks awesome! Thanks, Petka!

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by PetkaGtA, 27 November 2013 - 08:26 PM.

i think more screens - better)) so here is the screenies

tgot.jpg zn0y.jpg
crfg.jpg ms6x.jpg
oyqw.jpg atkd.jpg
  • lpgunit, 018361, Mega and 1 other like this

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Great to see some progress again!

• lpgunit and Mega like this

Darecki
  • Darecki

a.k.a LinkinDark

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

The last screen looks fatastic :)

Nice to see this mod is still in development.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Great to see some progress again!

Yeah, 'tis quite a development.

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Looks incredible!! Keep up the good work!

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

And btw, how did the night shadows go? Was it the same buggy, awkward-looking shadow maps like in the previous revisions?

Meheraj7
  • Meheraj7

GAME DEV

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

i think more screens - better)) so here is the screenies

tgot.jpg zn0y.jpg
crfg.jpg ms6x.jpg
oyqw.jpg atkd.jpg

Real Nice B)

Tadzik
  • Tadzik

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Is it possible to make SA support multi-core CPUs?

Rizky Rizaldi
  • Rizky Rizaldi

IMasterFX's another Nick

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Great job for working on that global illumination

That's really amazing!

Can't wait for testing it on my Intel HD Graphics

In45do
  • In45do

Mack Pimp