Photo

SA::Render

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,940 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by nkjellman, 17 June 2013 - 09:45 PM.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 13:18)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:00)
How will normal and spec maps work. I want to use this with HRT 1.4 when that comes out.

If you don't mind me asking, who will make shader maps for 1000+ textures?

Well, that would certainly take a lot of time. However, there is one thing. They probably are only going to do major textures for large objects. Which would include roads, buildings, ground, etc. They probably are not going to do props, which drastically increase the number of textures. Some basic textures may even be able to share shader maps. Textures like dirt, roads, rock, grass, sand, etc. Ofcorse it would look better if each had their own, but it would look better than with out. It could turn out that I'm wrong though. Basic textures worked fine sharing detail overlays in VC 10th Anniversary, so it could look fine.

We shall see. Maybe the ones they are making for the default textures will work fine on top of HRT. I just hope that they can include their shader map textures in a different IMG so we can use texture packs.

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

How will normal and spec maps work. I want to use this with HRT 1.4 when that comes out.

I could be wrong; or Google Translator might be f*cking with me ..
But I vaguely remember reading on the Vol-GTA thread, that DK22 was working on a 'generator' that would generate the shader maps (normal/bump etc) based on the actual texture.

Maybe he or Petka could confirm this?

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 22:22)

I could be wrong; or Google Translator might be f*cking with me ..
But I vaguely remember reading on the Vol-GTA thread, that DK22 was working on a 'generator' that would generate the shader maps (normal/bump etc) based on the actual texture.

Maybe he or Petka could confirm this?

If that's the case, it would be a good thing having a tool to generate them and store them in TXD files. Generating them in real time doesn't sound very good.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

Yes, I ask this because for anyone who is familar with shader maps, knows that automatically generating them is usually bad. You could generate normal maps, but the result is a lot better when you actually create them from scratch using the PSD files from the textures.

Spec is another story, a computer program can never now how shiny a material should be. Almost all windows in SA are embedded into the buildings walls, seems impossible to me to generate this.

I would like DK22Pac to explain this process.

Ivars
  • Ivars

HiiiPoWeR

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

It's possible to create very high quality normalmaps using PS DDS plugin.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 02:15)
Yes, I ask this because for anyone who is familar with shader maps, knows that automatically generating them is usually bad. You could generate normal maps, but the result is a lot better when you actually create them from scratch using the PSD files from the textures.

Spec is another story, a computer program can never now how shiny a material should be. Almost all windows in SA are embedded into the buildings walls, seems impossible to me to generate this.

I would like DK22Pac to explain this process.

You never know. If its good enough, he could make it be smart enough to recognize window patterns in textures. However it may create other issues though with things that the program may think are supposed to be windows. Also it would take a lot of programming to do that.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:11 AM Edited by Marty McFly, 18 June 2013 - 05:14 AM.

They are doing autonormals, like the bumpmap of enb. When I tested an old Version, I had normals effect without having some added to my game. the asi does everything. But on vol-gta were old Screens with custom normals so it seems that this plugin only creates normals where no dedicated textures are given.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

Y U NO RELEASE?

Man honestly I only want the lighting, wet reflections, car paint and shadows! but most of all shadows!

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Any videos of SA:Render in action?

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

*void*

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:36 AM Edited by Sidoarjo_Modder, 18 June 2013 - 06:39 AM.

This is why boris stop developing ENB for III/VC/SA, because ppl like @above (i mean quechus13)
Just wait man, modifying in-game shader aren't easy as you write that.

BTW, how about the sky/weather looks?

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

I'm pretty sure quechus was just taking the piss with his "Y U NO RELEASE" tounge2.gif

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

I could do an interesting video of it, but I'm afraid DK won't give me access to that mod.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (Sidoarjo_Modder @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 06:36)
This is why boris stop developing ENB for III/VC/SA, because ppl like @above (i mean quechus13)
Just wait man, modifying in-game shader aren't easy as you write that.

BTW, how about the sky/weather looks?

Its a joke.

I know what it means to wait for a mod. I MAKE MODS.

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

@Blaster_nl well.... it's difficult to create good normals(but i already create technique for myself(but for simple surfaces))... well we use auto normals generator to create good-looking wet surfaces.... also we can create more complex normals generator but it can make you game so slow..... about specular - almost everytime(exept difficult textures like windows) it's just grayscale of texture
@Marty McFly yep we doing autonormals but also you can create your own normals(currently in that version that I and DK have)
@quechus13 we not releasing it because it has too much bugs(almost all - with shadows)
@Sidoarjo_Modder boris stop it because nobody donate for san andreas version and he don't interested in it

And currently we do full(only some non-prelited objects and particles don't support it) specular/normal maps support biggrin.gif

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (PetkaGtA @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 10:15)
@Blaster_nl well.... it's difficult to create good normals(but i already create technique for myself(but for simple surfaces))... well we use auto normals generator to create good-looking wet surfaces.... also we can create more complex normals generator but it can make you game so slow..... about specular - almost everytime(exept difficult textures like windows) it's just grayscale of texture
@Marty McFly yep we doing autonormals but also you can create your own normals(currently in that version that I and DK have)
@quechus13 we not releasing it because it has too much bugs(almost all - with shadows)
@Sidoarjo_Modder boris stop it because nobody donate for san andreas version and he don't interested in it

And currently we do full(only some non-prelited objects and particles don't support it) specular/normal maps support  biggrin.gif

Not "pestering" (although you'd think more people wanting a release of your creation would make you happier)

But, did the bolded part in the quote get lost in translation, and you mean you aren't releasing it yet, or not ever?

Great work on this btw! Amazing what modders can do. Is it fully dynamic ligthing, partial or just the sun?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 15:53)
QUOTE (PetkaGtA @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 10:15)

And currently we do full(only some non-prelited objects and particles don't support it) specular/normal maps support  biggrin.gif

Not "pestering" (although you'd think more people wanting a release of your creation would make you happier)

But, did the bolded part in the quote get lost in translation, and you mean you aren't releasing it yet, or not ever?

Great work on this btw! Amazing what modders can do. Is it fully dynamic ligthing, partial or just the sun?

The bolded letters obviously said they are not releasing it yet because it has too much bugs.
They can't just release and leave eveyrone with those bugs and all.
They will release it when there are no bugs, I'm sure of that.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Can't remember if this has been asked before, but are user-made shaders supported? Something like ENBSeries has, where you can just put effect.txt and the shader will be implemented in-game?

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 20:30)
Can't remember if this has been asked before, but are user-made shaders supported? Something like ENBSeries has, where you can just put effect.txt and the shader will be implemented in-game?

+1, yeah it's important so users itself are allowed to configure sa by his style just like the goal of ENB

nikobellico69
  • nikobellico69

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

how about make cleo/script to make cars get dirty?

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (nikobellico69 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 08:11)
how about make cleo/script to make cars get dirty?

I guess you missed this. tounge.gif

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Imagine this AND Martys Master Effect Shaders.

The performance would probably suck but the game would actually look like something from the 21th century!

damiann69
  • damiann69

He he

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Yeah, modern shaders is that, what I really miss on SA::Render screenshots.

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Well little update(thanks Marty for shader and video)

Chilean Dawg
  • Chilean Dawg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:41 PM Edited by Chilean Dawg, 22 June 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Damn damn damn! I WANT NAO!

But on a serious note, the only reason I still play GTA SA is because of SA-MP.
So... In Windows 8 and Windows 7 it seems like bump-mapping is bugged.

QUOTE (DK22Pac @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 17:33)
I think no. Last time we tried to launch it in SA-MP, we had some weird bugs like transparent world, and some others. I have no idea why did this happen.

ENB series with bump-mapping also have problems with transparent world. (Only on win7 or win8)
On windows XP bump mapping in SAMP is working fine without any bugs.

It must be connected some way. dontgetit.gif

Can anyone confirm this? So I make a Windows XP partition nao.

EDIT: Hey hey... About Windows XP, I remember that the 64-bit edition doesn't supports DEP since it never got the Service Pack update. I heard there are some problems with some mods, should I just install 32-bit and use the /3GB switch? And yes, of course I got enough RAM. I have a modest ammount of 8GB.

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

what's that??

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

*void*

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:08 AM Edited by Sidoarjo_Modder, 23 June 2013 - 12:14 AM.

f*cking awesome! a lot better than the stock GTA 4 graphics, especially if you're optimized that godrays & game performance inlove.gif

EDIT: can we use SA:Render on GTA SA Total Conversion Mod? example: Criminal Russia, Alien City, Mushroomia, GTA United, etc.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (alayanrole @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 23:55)
what's that??

It's the JJ Abrams shader. Nah, just kidding. They're lens flare effects. A bit exaggerated imo, but it's fine.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Well judging by the screenshot the normal maps are too strong and the lens are too strong too.

Looks like a regular standard 3ds max render lol

Musi
  • Musi

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

I don't belive it is possible to make a Win XP partition and to play SA:MP on it. I tried it and it just doesn't want to work...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users