SA WIP
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
2,266 replies to this topic
PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

updated... a lot of stuff done with shaders now you can run it on shader model 2.0 and performance now is higher, but shadows now buggy, but it will be fixed soon... also sky rendering improved a bit... and we back to v100 toolset

• Pls delete this acc likes this

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Great sh*t PetkaGtA ;)

Continue like dat.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Code compiles as usual, but I get a warning in the end:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Render, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>  CDebug.cpp
1>  CDeferredRendering.cpp
1>  CGame.cpp
1>  CParticleRender.cpp
1>  CImmediateRender.cpp
1>  CNormalsGenerator.cpp
1>  CObjectRender.cpp
1>  CPedsRender.cpp
1>  CPostProcess.cpp
1>  CRendAPI.cpp
1>  CRender.cpp
1>  CRenderWare.cpp
1>  CSkyRender.cpp
1>  CTextureMaps.cpp
1>  CVehicleRender.cpp
1>  CWaterRender.cpp
1>  DllMain.cpp
1>  CLights.cpp
1>     Creating library E:\gtaconvert\sarender\Release\Render.lib and object E:\gtaconvert\sarender\Release\Render.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>  Generating code
1>  Finished generating code
1>Initialise.lib(Initialise.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'Initialise.lib(Initialise.obj)' or at 'E:\gtaconvert\sarender\Release\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>  Render.vcxproj -> E:\gtaconvert\sarender\Release\Render.asi
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Also, SA runs but the ASI doesn't appear to load, even if the necessary settings, i.e. DEP or Silent's ASI loader are present.

Rbn 3d
  • Rbn 3d

Rbn_3D

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Render, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>  CDebug.cpp
1>  CGame.cpp
1>  CParticleRender.cpp
1>  CImmediateRender.cpp
1>  CObjectRender.cpp
1>  CPedsRender.cpp
1>  CPostProcess.cpp
1>  CRendAPI.cpp
1>  CRender.cpp
1>  CRenderWare.cpp
1>  CSkyRender.cpp
1>  CTextureMaps.cpp
1>  CVehicleRender.cpp
1>  CWaterRender.cpp
1>  DllMain.cpp
1>  CLights.cpp
1>     Creating library E:\gtaconvert\sarender\Release\Render.lib and object E:\gtaconvert\sarender\Release\Render.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>  Generating code
1>Initialise.lib(Initialise.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'Initialise.lib(Initialise.obj)' or at 'E:\gtaconvert\sarender\Release\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

Also, SA runs but the ASI doesn't appear to load, even if the necessary settings, i.e. DEP or Silent's ASI loader are present.

The same, but in my case, SA::Render appears like loaded, but it's really buggy

No shadows, no sky (sky is black), reflections in player and peds, bad lighting... and very nice water

Maybe it's something wrong in the compiler config, probably caused when coming back to v100 toolset

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

Do you, yourselves know what are you doing?! You've taken some nice screenshots and shown them to users, then you say you have reflections on oeds and no sky?

I was hoping it's nice (Because screenshots are!) but it seems you have lots of bugs to fix.

Musi
  • Musi

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

@PooyanCyrus http://i.imgur.com/GXwuTXa.gif

This is something complex and it's work in progress.

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

@PooyanCyrus first of all: yes we do. about no sky: there is sky and you're wrong we didn't said that.

it seems you have lots of bugs to fix.

well... don't you see that we didn't release any asi file?

and about screens: it's actualy ingame screens no photoshop or anything...

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Do you, yourselves know what are you doing?!

I find that funny coming from you..

In45do
  • In45do

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Do you, yourselves know what are you doing?! You've taken some nice screenshots and shown them to users, then you say you have reflections on oeds and no sky?

I was hoping it's nice (Because screenshots are!) but it seems you have lots of bugs to fix.

You know what? I'm laughing when seen your post. LoL :D

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by PooyanCyrus, 12 September 2013 - 07:33 PM.

1>  CDebug.cpp
1>  CGame.cpp
1>  CParticleRender.cpp
1>  CImmediateRender.cpp
1>  CObjectRender.cpp
1>  CPedsRender.cpp
1>  CPostProcess.cpp
1>  CRendAPI.cpp
1>  CRender.cpp
1>  CRenderWare.cpp
1>  CSkyRender.cpp
1>  CTextureMaps.cpp
1>  CVehicleRender.cpp
1>  CWaterRender.cpp
1>  DllMain.cpp
1>  CLights.cpp
1>  Generating code

No shadows, no sky (sky is black), reflections in player and peds, bad lighting... and very nice water

Maybe it's something wrong in the compiler config, probably caused when coming back to v100 toolset

@TheJAMESGM and @in45do what's this guy saying? "No shadows, no sky (sky is black), reflections in player and peds, bad lighting..." The screens look nice but your testers(?) say something else.

I love this mod but I think something is going wrong here... :blink:

MRZ
  • MRZ

It's M.R.Z , Not mrz.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

PooyanCyrus; Look mate , Not because you made your setts in EnbSeries that it means it has to be cool , If you see the history of Enb , You will find that it was very sh*tty on the first beginning , But Boris found it's Bugs and made it great , And don't say "Do you guys know what you're doing?" I bet that you don't even know what is the thing they use to compile that mod , Don't come here and talk like you know something.

Every mod has a start , And Petka didn't release the mod as he knows that it's full of bugs , So he made it only for professionals who can compile it and help finding bugs. You're professional , test it and help out , A professional or a wanna-be pro who has no will except for flaming , Then get out here, Wrong topic.

Rbn 3d
  • Rbn 3d

Rbn_3D

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by Rbn 3d, 12 September 2013 - 08:12 PM.

1>  CDebug.cpp
1>  CGame.cpp
1>  CParticleRender.cpp
1>  CImmediateRender.cpp
1>  CObjectRender.cpp
1>  CPedsRender.cpp
1>  CPostProcess.cpp
1>  CRendAPI.cpp
1>  CRender.cpp
1>  CRenderWare.cpp
1>  CSkyRender.cpp
1>  CTextureMaps.cpp
1>  CVehicleRender.cpp
1>  CWaterRender.cpp
1>  DllMain.cpp
1>  CLights.cpp
1>  Generating code

@TheJAMESGM and @in45do what's this guy saying? "No shadows, no sky (sky is black), reflections in player and peds, bad lighting..." The screens look nice but your testers(?) say something else.

I love this mod but I think something is going wrong here... :blink:

The mod is in early stages of development. I'm just reporting bugs to the devs. Maybe, instead of going here to say "you have lot of bugs to fix", you should start developing your own gfx mod from scratch, you would notice how hard it is, and how many bugs you have to fix.

Pls delete this acc
  • Pls delete this acc

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

updated... a lot of stuff done with shaders now you can run it on shader model 2.0 and performance now is higher, but shadows now buggy, but it will be fixed soon... also sky rendering improved a bit... and we back to v100 toolset

Holy Crap... it's able to run on shader model 2_0 :cool: hope it's released soon

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

@Rbn 3d: yes it's not easy. also, i'm a vehicle modder so that will be even harder for me! I'm just sad because when i saw the screens i thought it's ready but...

@MRZ: is enb cool? really? also i'm flaming but i don't see any way to get the test beta. How can i test when i don't have it? o_O did you give me any test beta? Btw, i'll be happy if you let me test that; i'm thirsty for those sick shadows ;)

a question: it runs shader 2_0 or 3_0? also will there be any ability to customize it? Btw, i think SA::render's release will be the last day of ENB empire!

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

@Rbn 3d: yes it's not easy. also, i'm a vehicle modder so that will be even harder for me! I'm just sad because when i saw the screens i thought it's ready but...

@MRZ: is enb cool? really? also i'm flaming but i don't see any way to get the test beta. How can i test when i don't have it? o_O did you give me any test beta? Btw, i'll be happy if you let me test that; i'm thirsty for those sick shadows ;)

a question: it runs shader 2_0 or 3_0? also will there be any ability to customize it? Btw, i think SA::render's release will be the last day of ENB empire!

Allow me to answer some of these. Yeah, ENB is cool, only problem with it is that it's more like a global graphics modification which is made to work on most DX9/DX10 games. And SA::Render isn't in beta-stage, not probably even in alpha, they haven't released anything yet. All they've done, regarding the releasing, is publishing the source to allow other advanced coders to help them find and locate bugs. Testing the mod by using it at this stage is nearly useless.

And as PetkaGTA said, it now works on shader 2.0. I don't know if he meant that everything in the mod works with it, but at minimum some features do. And yes, you are able to change the settings.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

So it's waaaaaaay better than enb. It's first time i see a gfx mod with water reflections! Just waiting for release :)

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

well some shaders requred 2_a but can run on 2_0(for example shadows from sun inside deferred required 2_a) i will do some improvements for it

btw now we have realtime cubemap sky reflections(unfortunately we cannot reflect everything for performance reasons, but we will try to implement it soon or later)

• lpgunit likes this

MRZ
  • MRZ

It's M.R.Z , Not mrz.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

PetkaGtA; :blink: , At that stage , Just focus on the bugs remaining , So that you can advance to implementing more features , Because if i want to test something , I gotta make sure that the game is already fine and if any bug show up i know that it comes from the mod that i want to test it , So that i have a clear vision of what is the reason of the bug , and that means faster fixing. :)

I hope it's finished soon , Today is 13 September :( the features of the mod is really good , but the only thing needed now is the removing those bugs , and then you have a good beta to release :)

• lpgunit likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

PetkaGtA; :blink: , At that stage , Just focus on the bugs remaining , So that you can advance to implementing more features , Because if i want to test something , I gotta make sure that the game is already fine and if any bug show up i know that it comes from the mod that i want to test it , So that i have a clear vision of what is the reason of the bug , and that means faster fixing. :)

I hope it's finished soon , Today is 13 September :( the features of the mod is really good , but the only thing needed now is the removing those bugs , and then you have a good beta to release :)

In other words, focus on squashing the bugs, anything fancy will have to wait. But it's not bad to experiment though.

• MRZ likes this

Rbn 3d
  • Rbn 3d

Rbn_3D

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

well some shaders requred 2_a but can run on 2_0(for example shadows from sun inside deferred required 2_a) i will do some improvements for it

btw now we have realtime cubemap sky reflections(unfortunately we cannot reflect everything for performance reasons, but we will try to implement it soon or later)

You have 1 cubemap? one per object? Maybe you could use the lowest LOD level of the meshes to render cubemaps.

Can't wait for r100 !! I really wanna to see this ingame :lol:

mikros1
  • mikros1

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

I will not stop playing GTA SA because of GTA V. .. For me they are two different games
You are doing a great job here, congratulations to all!

ariqr
  • ariqr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

ITS SOOO AWESOME! Can't wait for the release.. :) i can be your tester :p btw you guys did a great job !! i think enb will not gonna used anymore because of this :p good luck ! :)

nikobellico69
  • nikobellico69

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

HELLO, i found something for this mod, well, it is a D.D. mod: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cb0d6ur3-qA

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Madness is like gravity. All it takes it a little push!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

It's a timecyc. Great.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

HELLO, i found something for this mod, well, it is a D.D. mod: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cb0d6ur3-qA

I'm seriously starting to think you're only here to troll.

• Pooyan Cyrus likes this

nikobellico69
  • nikobellico69

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

WHAT? im not a troll, and forget about that timeC, because it is glitched, SORRY 4 that

T-Birds
  • T-Birds

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:52 AM Edited by T-Birds, 15 September 2013 - 03:54 AM.

1-Can anybody tell me if these shadows work on new maps? cos my gta sa have a lot of new trees mod and buildings, will all of them have their own shadow?

2-Those timecyc with 10x view wide don't work fine, you can edit the view until a point only, after that they bug.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

1-Can anybody tell me if these shadows work on new maps? cos my gta sa have a lot of new trees mod and buildings, will all of them have their own shadow?

2-Those timecyc with 10x view wide don't work fine, you can edit the view until a point only, after that they bug.

Yes the shadows work on every object, even new models and textures.

The 10x timecyc looks bad because the LOD distance is too low, you normally wouldn't notice it though in the default SA because the fog doesn't let you see it.

nikobellico69
  • nikobellico69

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

draw distance mod is cool just 4 driving, and thanks if that is true about new models have their own shadows, so project liberty will be playable and cool

MRZ
  • MRZ

It's M.R.Z , Not mrz.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

That means that project liberty would be extra laggy , rendering more things cause more lag :dozing:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users