2,266 replies to this topic
aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

@SilverRST
... What? Isn't it good, to give suggestions of features, from a mod which has them? Like the multipass effect.txt support, it's in ENB, so why not also include it in SA::Render, as it allows major graphical changes?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

^
No, it's more about the questions, not the suggestions.

Maryo_Nicle7
  • Maryo_Nicle7

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

I just give you guys hope this mod fastly completed and good luck wink.gif

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Madness is like gravity. All it takes it a little push!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (MRZ @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 22:23)
Marty McFly;
1. By saying multiple dlls , i meant the mods that we load , not the numbers itself.
2. Well, Having Multi-Pass support doesn't mean having everything , We had to use multiple ENBs to load some effects that wasn't included in one shader , Such like Petka's Bloom , You said  that you couldn't add it to your Master effect , Because it would corrupt your shader , Besides , Some people may use two different versions of your Master effect , Because the new version doesn't have some effects of your earlier versions . It won't harm if we had it , Right ?

1. You can load only one mod with enb proxy.

2. Nope, never said this. Fact is, that this shader doesn't corrupt anything but works strangely. If I look at the code, I cannot understand how this should produce bloom, only crappy artifacts.
Also, there's a part which creates an image where the original image is taken and is drawn 7 times at different locations, e.g. the cursor in the menu is 7 times drawn next to each other in one row, same goes for the whole image. I cannot understand why this part of the code is invisible on the multi dll system. There is also a part where the bloom seems to come from but using it on 0.076 creates what it should do code-wise: colored squares on screen. For sure I can include it but it will do what it should do when looking at the code: multiple image and colored squares, not the bloom it actually does.

@two mastereffects at the same time: since the 0.076 is encrypted, using more than one 0.076 isn't possible because you can't edit them to load effect2.txt or such so using two mastereffects is nonsense, one will run on singlepass-0.075s which means it doesn't work correctly, only the shaders which are in pass 1 will work and these are fully available in me 1.3.

If you want to answer, please pm.

Musi
  • Musi

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

The thread on vol-gta went inactive. Is this going to be worked on or just dumped?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Very unlikely that this mod just "got dumped". From what I remember, there were finals not long time ago in Russia/Ukraine, and there are now holidays, and not everyone thinks coding is great way to spend holiday. Though I could be wrong of course, who knows what's happening behind the scenes. smile.gif

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Musi @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 09:28)
The thread on vol-gta went inactive. Is this going to be worked on or just dumped?

I'm learning C++ right now and I can tell you. It's not that easy.

There are a few threads which are helping you such as the memory adress thread and the MTA source code. But these thing are only changing a few variables.

SA::Render however revamps the whole lightning and adding new techniques into an engine only with dissassembling and their knowledge.

The amount of work behind this is f*cking huge and this isn't by far some weekend project. This is heavy sh*t. You should by lucky that some guys doing this incredible ammount of work. But thats why I also think that it needs to be open source. Anyone could contribute some code and making the mod much better... wink.gif

But those decisions are not in my hand. So I'm just quiet, leaning back and wait patiently. And you should too wink.gif

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

They definitely need to release the source code if they ever drop the project, and allow someone else to pick up where they left off.

It's ridiculous how many mods get so much work put into them, and the authors give up for whatever reason, but keep the source code and other files to themselves and won't let anyone finish it for them.

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

https://sourceforge.net/p/sarender
here is source, don't upload asi if you build it......
also i will upload it on googlecode later

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

https://code.google.com/p/sa-render
googlecode source...

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Uhm. Do I have to download the files one by one? biggrin.gif

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:01 AM Edited by lpgunit, 07 August 2013 - 09:09 AM.

QUOTE (MasterK @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 08:45)
Uhm. Do I have to download the files one by one? biggrin.gif

No, not really. You'll have to use an SVN client in order to fetch all the files from the latest revision.

Anyway, do we need to have the RW SDK (or any other dependencies) for this to be built, or is it just a download-and-compile affair?

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Anyway, do we need to have the RW SDK (or any other dependencies) for this to be built, or is it just a download-and-compile affair?

you need to know how to create project in Visual Studio, and compile it(yeah also you need to know c++ to understand code(just compiling isn't enough, you need textures and other stuff(well shaders uploaded)))... sooo to build it you need a realy big knowlege of c++.. and if you know and can help... HELP us with troubleshooting biggrin.gif (i did source like that, so not all can compile it)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (PetkaGtA @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 09:39)

you need to know how to create project in Visual Studio, and compile it(yeah also you need to know c++ to understand code(just compiling isn't enough, you need textures and other stuff(well shaders uploaded)))... sooo to build it you need a realy big knowlege of c++.. and if you know and can help... HELP us with troubleshooting biggrin.gif (i did source like that, so not all can compile it)

So you basically posted spaghetti code on the Sourceforge repo, right? As in something that's incomplete and stuff?

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

1) What is "rtworld.lib"?
2) Where do you have all those game headers from?
3) Are you in the process of uploading the googlecode version? SourceForge appears to have more code.

Please do not leave us hanging. I am investigating your source code; trying to compile too, after these question marks are resolved.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (The_GTA @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 12:06)
1) What is "rtworld.lib"?
2) Where do you have all those game headers from?
3) Are you in the process of uploading the googlecode version? SourceForge appears to have more code.

Please do not leave us hanging. I am investigating your source code; trying to compile too, after these question marks are resolved.

Yeah, some of the files for compiling the ASI are missing.

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by SilentPL, 07 August 2013 - 12:51 PM.

Shipping RenderWare SDK wouldn't be too legal, that's understandable.

EDIT:
For God sake, the way you've uploaded the files makes it impossible to use a SVN client on the repo confused.gif

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 12:47)

EDIT:
For God sake, the way you've uploaded the files makes it impossible to use a SVN client on the repo confused.gif

This. Seems like he posted the code on the downloads page instead of the repo in Sourceforge, too.

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

EDIT:

Thing is, he has code of the RenderWare SDK in his project tounge.gif It is blatantly obvious (rtworld.lib).
Even I am not going that balls deep when I reverse engineer the engine. MTA neither.

Do not let this critical sensation halt you, coder. I want to support you smile.gif

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (The_GTA @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 13:27)

EDIT:

Thing is, he has code of the RenderWare SDK in his project tounge.gif It is blatantly obvious (rtworld.lib).
Even I am not going that balls deep when I reverse engineer the engine. MTA neither.

Do not let this critical sensation halt you, coder. I want to support you smile.gif

That's the sad part with mods that mess with the RW renderer. Unless if you manage to write an alternative implementation of that code.

Silent
  • Silent

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

But the SDK can be found if you dig a little bit. Officially it cannot be shipped though.

I obviously know he's using the SDK, I make a heavy use of it myself.

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by DK22Pac, 07 August 2013 - 01:49 PM.

rtworld.lib is default RW SDK lib, edited by me. I've adapted it to SA's RW version and fixed some mistakes there (yep, I found a mistake in Criterion's code when I disassembled it). But anyway, I did our own normals-generation function (simple), and its result looks even better (in some cases) than RW default function's one.
So this lib is unneceassary now.

Silent
  • Silent

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Nice. I was wondering how the hell you've linked SDK libs to SA engine addresses.

EDIT:
Is the rtworld mistake related to alpha handling? tounge2.gif

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

No, there was some mistake with code itself, so function call gave me a crash.

The_GTA
  • The_GTA

revenclaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

I like the idea that you rewrite GTA:SA code and improve on it. I am doing that myself in my MTA:Eir project.
Alpha handling errors... Those have many reasons tounge.gif (depth sorting is messy)

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Making this project open source was a good decision. Now there is a better chance for it to be finished some day and to be improved and extended over time.

However, looking at the sourceforge and google code repositories my impression is that some organisational work is still needed. Hopefully I don't sound like a smart-ass wink.gif , but I think the following items may help this project.
- Take the developers by the hand and explain exactly how to setup and build the project. Explain the architecture of the source code, how are things connected etc.
- Fix the download problem (someone mentioned it above, too). I couldn't checkout the source code neither using svn checkout http://sa-render.goo....com/svn/trunk/ sa-render-read-only
nor git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/sarender/sarender sarender-sarender .
- I'm not sure what the reason was to make two repositories, but I think when having two repository the project may diverge into two projects eventually.
- Give instructions how people can contribute to the project (without messing it up).
- Attaching an open source license to all the files may help to prevent closed source derivatives of the project.
- Comment the source code better. For example, describe the intuition behind the mathematical formulas in the shader files.

Blaster_pl
  • Blaster_pl

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:19 AM Edited by Blaster_pl, 08 August 2013 - 08:52 AM.

Hi, i've got SA :: Render and installed RW SDK and Direct X June 2010 SDK but many error messages appear when i try build the dll/asi.

Here is as snippet of some of the 417 errors:

CODE
1>c:\users\TittySprinkles\desktop\sa render\source\game\CVehicleAudio.h(71): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
1>c:\users\TittySprinkles\desktop\sa render\source\game\CVehicleAudio.h(71): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\users\TittySprinkles\desktop\sa render\source\game\CVehicleAudio.h(71): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\users\TittySprinkles\desktop\sa render\source\game\CMenuManager.h(52): error C2059: syntax error : '?'
1>c:\users\TittySprinkles\desktop\sa render\source\game\CMenuManager.h(52): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
1>c:\users\TittySprinkles\desktop\sa render\source\game\CCam.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'bool.h': No such file or directory
1>  DllMain.cpp
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

And more lol.gif

I changed the include path to the Direct X SDK but i have a feeling that more is needed.
CODE
C:\Users\TittySprinkles\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK %28June 2010%29\Include;$(IncludePath)

Is using MSVC++ 2010 Express causing a problem?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (The_GTA @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 14:30)
I like the idea that you rewrite GTA:SA code and improve on it. I am doing that myself in my MTA:Eir project.
Alpha handling errors... Those have many reasons tounge.gif (depth sorting is messy)

Which explains as to why we see fringe things on trees. And why transparent hair is an arse to do, too.

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Is using MSVC++ 2010 Express causing a problem?

No, I use it too.
I see Petka forgot to upload stuff from folder with default SA classes.

Blaster_pl
  • Blaster_pl

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Ah lets hope he uploads any missing files.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users