[SA] SA::Render

2,114 replies to this topic
alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

so would this be like enb? ( have reflections , bloom ,ssao ,etc )?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Agree'd with JF-Mir2. This is best graphic mod for San Andreas made, and will probably always be.

And no wonder EnbSeries won't reach the same graphical changes as SA::Render, it's a global modification which can be used with nearly any DX9 (and DX10?) game, developed by one person, where as SA::Render is only focused in one game, there are two persons actively working on it and both have already done pretty much work with San Andreas.

Just wanted to clarify for some people, but yeah anyways, let's cut the off-topic, shall we?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Come on, please. Let we just only talk about GTA SA Render and not about ENB.
And definitely not talking which graphic mod is better. We have 2 topics, two: one for ENB and one for SA: Render.
Wanna talk about ENB? Use that dedicated topic.

I'm looking very forward to this mod! Especially the those water reflections, carpaint and wet roads.
Does the roads gets wet when it's raining? Or are the roads wet all the time even when it's not raining?
Is the plugin for the shadow a seperate .asi plugin? Or are all the effects in one plugin?
The nights are looking very nice! Also really dark like they should be.
I always wanted to get lost in the woods and countrysides tounge.gif

Wish you all the best.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (SilverRST @ Jun 16 2013, 00:14)
Does the roads gets wet when it's raining? Or are the roads wet all the time even when it's not raining?

I think those 'wet' roads only appear when raining, well, that's what I've heard. tounge.gif

QUOTE (SilverRST @ Jun 16 2013, 00:14)
Is the plugin for the shadow a seperate .asi plugin? Or are all the effects in one plugin?

I suppose they will all be compiled in just one ASI plugin. smile.gif

Methical
  • Methical

★★★★★

• Feroci Racing
  • New-Zealand

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

I hope the shadows aren't as laggy as DK22's other Shadow mod.

Great work guys, keep it up icon14.gif

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

Are you planning on adding SSAO or radiosity support? Also, the alpha sorting issue with SA needs to be fixed - the unsightly fringing on trees irks me.

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:56)

Which one? That sounds interesting.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

This, it lags quite a lot though, can be configured well to suite your machine, actually looks pretty good. smile.gif

Musi
  • Musi

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

What about SA:MP? If it's only an .asi file the water and wet reflections will work, right?
Anyway I'm not too sure about the shadows because as long as I'm concerned SA:MP modding is very limited and this can affect some files in the 'data' folder.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 06:56)

That's because it still uses same shadow rendering as original game does, the mod just changes some limits of the shadows.

The shadows in SA::Render though, from what I know, original shadows are disabled and new shadows are rendered with different method.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:14)
The shadows in SA::Render though, from what I know, original shadows are disabled and new shadows are rendered with different method.

Although in the worst case they'l be just as laggy as IV shadows, especially if the devs decided to generate them from every light source tounge.gif

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 23:28)
Agree'd with JF-Mir2. This is best graphic mod for San Andreas made, and will probably always be.

People said the same about ENB.

Anyway, the Authors even said they're not competing with Boris, they just want to bring another reason for playing SA again.

I am amazed though, as my other post stated. icon14.gif
  • abccba123 likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 10:38)
QUOTE (oksa8 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:14)

Although in the worst case they'l be just as laggy as IV shadows, especially if the devs decided to generate them from every light source tounge.gif

The ones in vanilla SA were stencil shadows, which adds to the overhead since it has to make use of additional geometry for drawing:

...the shadow volume technique requires the creation of shadow geometry, which can be CPU intensive (depending on the implementation). The advantage of shadow mapping is that it is often faster, because shadow volume polygons are often very large in terms of screen space and require a lot of fill time (especially for convex objects), whereas shadow maps do not have this limitation.

Only problem with drawing shadow maps is that you'd be limited with resolution, unless if you blur off the jaggies, or end up with unsightly artifacts or "Peter-Pan"-esque discontinuities if you didn't implement your mapping algorithm properly.

And yeah, most devs chose not to just deliberately probe every single light source for casting shadow maps. As in the case in some lit areas in Skyrim, the vehicle headlights in Mafia II, or GTA4 for that matter.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Nooo, I hope the shadows plugin is a seperate plugin.
I can't live with the idea if having the shadows in one plugin.
If need, I just can play GTA SA with all the other effects without those shadows.
In holiday I'll be builing pc but for now, please not that laggy shadows!
My current pc will die with those shadows!

PetkaGtA
  • PetkaGtA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Well.... so much questions.... i will try to answer at least 2/3 of it biggrin.gif
First no enb offtopic(no enb in this topic...) if you want my opinion - enb for SA done bad(everything is unoptimized and look ugly without configurating)... and as one of yours say enb is crap(only that, what made for SA)...
@alayanrole asked "would this be like enb" no... but as far as we(and you) think it look cool(and don't affect performance) we'll add new effects to it.
@SilverRST asked "Does the roads gets wet when it's raining?" - only when it's raining.
"Is the plugin for the shadow a seperate .asi plugin?" - no it will be in one .asi plugin with huge config(i think we need to implement ingame menu later)
@lpgunit asked "Are you planning on adding SSAO or radiosity support?" - yes but only ssao(or some hybrid version)
"Also, the alpha sorting issue with SA needs to be fixed - the unsightly fringing on trees irks me." - well i think we need to implement some transperensy technique...
@Musi asked "What about SA:MP?" well idk by this time(when we first implement bump mapping we have some rendering issuses)
@SilentPL said "Although in the worst case they'l be just as laggy as IV shadows, especially if the devs decided to generate them from every light source" - well at this time with simple shadows(resolution equal my screen res(1024x768)) i have 70-90 fps(instead of 120 on max settings)
i hope you guys get your answers biggrin.gif

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

As I said on vol-gta.com - 'freakin' awesome'.

damiann69
  • damiann69

He he

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Next question smile.gif : You presented in pictures car reflections, but not on stock cars. How might it look on standard cars from San Andreas?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Will the SA::Render be affected by the Visual FX Quality? I need to have it set on Low to not make the game lag. Will this affect SA::Render in any way?

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

this topic also is going to be infested by fa**ots?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Guys, install Adblock Plus and choose the option to block those NASA pictures posted by those pathetic low-life organisms.
You'll no longer see those hige pictures. Block and reload the page and you are free of those huge pictures.
Install Adblock Plus, rightclick on the huge pictures and block them.

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

guys report the post....

next : i didn't understand about car paint. what does it mean then?

EDIT

OFF-TOPIC : whoa awesome work from moderator! i've reported and he's just banned few secs ago

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (SilverRST @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 21:50)
Guys, install Adblock Plus and choose the option to block those NASA pictures posted by those pathetic low-life organisms.
You'll no longer see those hige pictures. Block and reload the page and you are free of those huge pictures.
Install Adblock Plus, rightclick on the huge pictures and block them.

Thanks! I was a bit shocked when I hit this topic and all I saw was giant satellite pictures.

I'm sorry to ask, but any idea of a release date? Will there be a beta type thing?

Great work you are doing BTW! This has got to be the biggest mod for a GTA game ever. This will only affect the graphics? No changes to physics right?

Will the SA::Render be affected by the Visual FX Quality? I need to have it set on Low to not make the game lag. Will this affect SA::Render in any way?

I would assume this would be massively more demanding than GTA SA on Very High. Probably more akin to GTA 4 GPU wise?

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by Death2Drugs, 17 June 2013 - 06:18 AM.

EDIT: NVM

Update: Looks like they finally banned those spamming bastards...

johnny404
  • johnny404

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

no tenes nada mejor que hacer pibe? que pasa el cornudo de tu viejo no te da platita para comprarte una computadora para usar mods como estos?

andate a la recalcada concha peluda de tu madre gil, forro reprimido.. metete las fotitos bien en el orto

Don't mind me

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:00 AM Edited by nkjellman, 17 June 2013 - 02:11 AM.

Looks good. I can't wait to try this out. But one thing. How will normal and spec maps work. I want to use this with HRT 1.4 when that comes out. I hope there is a way to be able to use them with that. So my question is, do they go in their own img? Are they even in an img in the txd format? I'm hoping to get a config going with this to make GTA SA 7th Generation. My goal with the mod pack is to keep the original atmosphere of the game well having more up to date graphics. HRT 1.4 will not be included though, it will have to be downloaded from the original author, due to his policy, but its recommended, and the mod will function with the default textures.

Say that I feel this has a feature, that wouldn't be in the game if Rockstar made GTA SA for newer consoles, can I disable effects in this that I don't want?

Also to the guy spamming by posting the giant ass pictures, your probably going to be banned but you probably could give two sh*ts. tounge.gif Not really an inconvenience for me, so stop wasting your time, and go play outside.

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

what HRT 1.7?????
more question : is the water will be invisible like in ENb?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:10 AM Edited by nkjellman, 17 June 2013 - 02:13 AM.

QUOTE (alayanrole @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 02:03)
what HRT 1.7?????

Sorry. I meant HRT 1.4 lol.

Anyways by the looks of it the water in this is actually reflective, and it keeps the water color configured in the timecyc. In ENB Series, the water looks static, and actually isn't reflecting anything. Its an allusion as its a warped distorted image of what is on your screen, which is why it doesn't look right. It doesn't show the water color from the timecyc so it looked very transparent. Water deep fixed it but the water still wasn't as good as a modern game.

Edit: When your done with SA::Render, do you guys think you may make one for GTA III, GTA VC, and maybe even IV and EFLC?

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (alayanrole @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 10:03)

How about you check the first post yourself, and see the screenshots provided? tounge.gif

@Everyone - Just ignore the spam, best thing you can do is just relax, and report the posts, mods will quickly take action once noticed. smile.gif Keep it on topic. icon14.gif

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 04:00)
How will normal and spec maps work. I want to use this with HRT 1.4 when that comes out.

If you don't mind me asking, who will make shader maps for 1000+ textures?

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

DK22Pac can you show more screens?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users