[WIP|SCR] 1979-1982 XD Ford Falcon

120 replies to this topic
ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

Yes, the Servers are up again and running, I have a copy of all the images on my Desktop anyway so they wont get lost, so the data wont get lost it can just be inaccessible for some people from time to time when/if there are more huge attacks on the specific server or if they are taken down for maintenance and/or upgrades.

I do not think there has been any more new progress since the last post.

IZ_INC
  • IZ_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

You will make a nice 3d engine for it or use sa style engine ? i

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (IZ_INC @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 09:35)
You will make a nice 3d engine for it or use sa style engine ? i

I would love to have a real model of the actual engine done, but I do not have enough or really any reference pictures of the original engine, there is a few with the V8's in them, but I would like to get the I6, my Falcon is about 25 Years too new to use as a reference, but looking back at some of my previous posts, I say I wont do it but then end up actually doing it, kinda like my original intentions for the interior, but I am doing that now, my main deciding issue at the moment is weather I do the Interior Door Trims to match the rest of the car or leave them flat with the SA Textures.

Although I am not posting too many updates, a fair bit of time is wasted finding good reference pics, I am about 10 years too late for getting my own reference pics as my grandparents XD is looooong gone now, they brought that new in '79 was all original never modified in decent condition, it would have been great for this project and there is not many of them getting around at all these days.

IZ_INC
  • IZ_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Well
i search a bit of engines pics and i found alot of i6 refrences and data
it aint a very hard engine to make to be honest, also keep in mind you can take some plain I6 , put ford valve cover and it would look real too.
btw
http://www.curbsidec...ix_cylinder.jpg
this is the correct I6 engine for 1979 XD models?

and i think you shuld do interior door trims , since the dashboard is so detail and real looking .

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (IZ_INC @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 07:37)
Well
i search a bit of engines pics and i found alot of i6 refrences and data
it aint a very hard engine to make to be honest, also keep in mind you can take some plain I6 , put ford valve cover and it would look real too.
btw
http://www.curbsidec...ix_cylinder.jpg
this is the correct I6 engine for 1979 XD models?

and i think you shuld do interior door trims , since the dashboard is so detail and real looking .

That image is similar to the only ones I can find (the same basic engine block had been in use since the 60's but finding it in an XD-XE with all the other componentry from several different angles is the tough part), the images are all on that angle looking down from the front of the car, I was thinking about taking one of the Xbox Vice City Engines and fitting that in the car with perhaps a few changes to it.

IZ_INC
  • IZ_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

Well how about this engine
http://3.bp.blogspot...reenShot006.png
its a chevy one i know but i think its the quite close and its in great quality
i have it in z3d if you want il send it to you in private message.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (IZ_INC @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 11:48)
Well how about this engine
http://3.bp.blogspot...reenShot006.png
its a chevy one i know but i think its the quite close and its in great quality
i have it in z3d if you want il send it to you in private message.

Wow, That is beautiful, did you make it or was it ripped from another car, I am not one to use parts ripped from another car (Weather it was taken from a car in another game or someone elses work) Unless I can seek permission to use it, it is better than anything I would ever make, otherwise If I cannot get permission I will probably just settle for the Xbox Engine From the Deluxo.

user posted image

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 17 July 2013 - 04:48 AM.

Update::::: I thought it would be good to post some actual progress Pics on this page.

I've got the center console modeled up, I know it is not perfect and a few things are missing or not 100% accurate but to the average player they are not going to be looking at things like that, All that is left for the Interior is the Seats and the Door Trims then the whole model will be complete, except for the Engine which my decision on is yet to be fully finalized.

user posted image

I have also started assembling the Final Chassis_Hi Model, which has consisted of stripping down an Admiral to essentially the Roof, Wheel Arches, Basic Interior and Undercarriage, Then Welding on the new Front, Rear and am yet to start on the Interior Mid Section. At which point the basic car is finished, but I am yet to do anything related to the Damage Parts which is always the biggest Pain.

user posted image

Edit:

It does not actually look half bad with the Original San Andreas style Seats in it, I might leave them for now.

user posted image
user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 21:12)

user posted image

Looking good, amigo! A left-hand drive falcon? Seems pretty interesting. And just out of wondering, what's the book-looking thing on the passenger-side of the dash?

IZ_INC
  • IZ_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well the engine i showed you is made by simmones 3d or SM desgin
thats he's blog:
http://smdesign3d.blogspot.co.il/
he's e-mail:[email protected] >
and skype:Brunoc.toniato
just letting you now he is making 3d parts such as engine,tunnig parts and publish them for people to use on there cars for free
this engine is no diffrent so im sure he will agrre.

nice center console modeling,i think real seats would look good there although sa seats aint that bad.maybe IV' marbella or emporer seats can be used?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:28 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 20 July 2013 - 01:34 AM.

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 02:07)
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 21:12)

User Posted Image

Looking good, amigo! A left-hand drive falcon? Seems pretty interesting. And just out of wondering, what's the book-looking thing on the passenger-side of the dash?

Well, it is actually a right hand drive car, but since the GTA World is in LHD I thought I would model it the wrong way around, if I did want a proper RHD all that would need to be done is Mirror the Steering wheel/Cluster, and the Glove Box to the other side as everything else is correct.

The Book is just a Melway Street Directory, just a little touch I thought would be nice to add, The Melway (Melbourne Directory) is more of a little nod to where the Vehicle was designed and built, which is why I did not use a Sydney or any other City's directory.

Thanks for showing some new interest in this project.

QUOTE (IZ_INC @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 02:53)
Well the engine i showed you is made by simmones 3d or SM desgin
thats he's blog:
http://smdesign3d.blogspot.co.il/
he's e-mail:[email protected] >
and skype:Brunoc.toniato
just letting you now he is making 3d parts such as engine,tunnig parts and publish them for people to use on there cars for free
this engine is no diffrent so im sure he will agrre.

nice center console modeling,i think real seats would look good there although sa seats aint that bad.maybe IV' marbella or emporer seats can be used?

None of that Blog is in English, can you read it?
But from what I can see is that Engine cannot be downloaded for some reason, and the blog has not been updated in over a year.

Does he say that people can freely use his parts and credit him, or does he say to ask for permission before distributing them in other models, I Would love to get that engine into this car, Perhaps I will also ask STM what he think, being an Admin/Mod for GTA Garage he usually makes the final call on permission issues with GTA Garage File Conflicts.

--

Thanks the Center Console is still a little rough but with the seats in you don't notice it that much, I might take some seats from IV as the only difference between the SA Seats and the real seats I would model would be smoother more poly models, at the moment I am doing in game tests with Vice and San Andreas, in Vice with MVL things are all really good, San Andreas is proving to be the trouble maker but I am sorting its problems relatively fast I just really want to get this in game and ready for downloading ASAP, but after all the bugs are sorted there is one more thing I would like to get done before release, I have noticed that the wheel texture is not dead on center and the model is from another wheel of mine so that is the final remodel before release then I can get to work on this....

user posted image
(Edit: Wolf Creek - San Andreas recreation anyone???)
In Which I will have to remodel all the seats which can then get carried over to the Sedan in a version 2 update.

Followed by the Ute.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

Here we are, Still not 100% finished, but this is an SA In Game Shot.
Once I get the vehicles in game I get distracted a bit and end up driving around for a while wasting time.

user posted image

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Nice! Will it have San Andreas materials on lights too?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 23:51)
Nice! Will it have San Andreas materials on lights too?

For the Standard SA Release, I do not think so, But according the intro page for the Improved Vehicle Features addon (I am yet to download it and try), it allows custom textures to be used as SA Lights so then that version will have Proper Working Light Textures but it will be using my Textures not the default SA ones, and I will see what else it can let me do to the vehicle to bring it to life some more.

I just do not think that the SA Materials for the lights will keep the cars look, for the Headlights it may be possible but the Taillights just wont look correct.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by ToyGT_one, 08 August 2013 - 11:07 PM.

Looks nice, AMOST610. icon14.gif
  • ALMOST610 likes this

Burbalade
  • Burbalade

Ebay Wizard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 13:03)
I just do not think that the SA Materials for the lights will keep the cars look, for the Headlights it may be possible but the Taillights just wont look correct.

Make the tail light lens semitransparent with your custom texture, and have the original SA texture behind that. That's what I've always done on vehicles where the SA texture doesn't fit and it can turn out quite nicely. Needs some fine tuning to get it to look right though.
  • ALMOST610 likes this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Burbalade @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 11:41)
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 13:03)

Make the tail light lens semitransparent with your custom texture, and have the original SA texture behind that. That's what I've always done on vehicles where the SA texture doesn't fit and it can turn out quite nicely. Needs some fine tuning to get it to look right though.

Thanks for the Advice, I would not have thought of that, Much appreciated.

Bender
  • Bender

is it christmas avatar time already?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

Looks awesome.
  • ALMOST610 likes this

Deejay Zbocur
  • Deejay Zbocur

Polish GTA gunsmith and bikemaker

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

I love mods in this style, and your is one of the best ones! Hope you will end it and release it soon smile.gif

IZ_INC
  • IZ_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Any update on this classic ? its been quite a while , also you think you will make more aussie cars after it
but more from the 90's like the VN, or VS commodore?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (IZ_INC @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 09:18)
Any update on this classic ? its been quite a while , also you think you will make more aussie cars after it
but more from the 90's like the VN, or VS commodore?

Nothing new at the moment, I wont touch anything with a Holden badge on it, if I make any more cars they will all be Fords.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:52 PM Edited by SilentPL, 08 August 2013 - 10:54 PM.

What's wrong with Holdens? Don't like the fact they're renamed Opels/Vauxhalls? tounge.gif

Either that, or I see a Ford cars lover. That makes us two, at least.
  • ALMOST610 likes this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 09:52)
What's wrong with Holdens? Don't like the fact they're renamed Opels/Vauxhalls? tounge.gif

Either that, or I see a Ford cars lover. That makes us two, at least.

The second one... Which makes me hate Holden's, because that is the rules in this country.
Also most of them now are re-badged Daewoo's.

If it was not for the fact someone already made my car I would have had a crack at making that.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Speaking about Fords, do you think any GTA car would be suitable to convert it into Ford Probe II? (I think some of them come with a rear spoiler too)

I'm thinking ZR-350.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 08:33)
Speaking about Fords, do you think any GTA car would be suitable to convert it into Ford Probe II? (I think some of them come with a rear spoiler too)

I'm thinking ZR-350.

After looking at some more pictures of that car, I've never seen one before, I think the ZR if a fairly good base a fair chunk of the design seems similar, is that was the ZR was based on or is there another vehicle also simple.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 07:04)
QUOTE (SilentPL @ Tuesday, Aug 13 2013, 08:33)

I'm thinking ZR-350.

After looking at some more pictures of that car, I've never seen one before, I think the ZR if a fairly good base a fair chunk of the design seems similar, is that was the ZR was based on or is there another vehicle also simple.

I thought that you will do ford australia cars only so nice to hear that you will do other fords too.

isn't zr-350 based on mazda rx7 (that jap car) and some other cars too?

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

No one said Almost will do Probe, that wasn't even a request.

RX7 rear end looks pretty different, I guess ZR-350 is a mashup. Probe II is too new to appear in SA anyway (been manufacted in 1994-1998), so it's definitely not based on it.

IZ_INC
  • IZ_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Eight man i see you dont like holdens or Genral motors producats fair enough i didnt want
to start an aruge or anything like that. anyway you mind tell me the polycount of this classic?
and also will you consider a MFD police livery from mad max movies? could be quite cool i think.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

I don't think there was any XD Falcons used as Police in Mad Max, they were XA's, XB's and XC's all of which had a common body shell that was changed with the XD.

PolyCount... Buggered if I know, It would be slightly more than a San Andreas vehicle, but not as much as a III/VC Xbox Model. Well perhaps until I get a non-SA Engine in it.

IZ_INC
  • IZ_INC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

Oh i understand
well the XA,XB and XC all look very similer but you right XD look very diffrent i probaly didnt take a closer look.
well if that more then an SA vehicle then it shuld be very low poly , i understand you want to make it game friendly but i dont think it will be bad if it will have a nice underbody mesh or detail engine , and even if it add 20,000 polys (engine+underbody) i dont think it will be so bad.
also did you thought about putting IV engine for it? it got pretty nice engine meshesalthough i dont sure it got a push-rod 6 cyilnder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users