Who here just finished GCSEs?

4 replies to this topic
RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Quick note to non-British people: GCSEs are the exams for year 11, equivalent to grade 10 (I believe) in the US, or when everybody's turned 16.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure today was the last of the GCSE exams bar retakes - that means for anyone in Year 11, no school for near 3 months if you're going into 6th form or college, otherwise the options are open for you!

How do you think it all went? What are you going to do for the long summer?

Personally, I'm going to try to get a summer job (at Sainsbury's, as that's local) and hold it for 6th form, as money is always a good thing. I think my exams went fine, especially since they were easier than expected - especially maths. Damn, that was boring for 45 minutes.

Enjoy your break biggrin.gif

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Finished mine today, it was math. Dead easy test but I'm kicking myself over the last question because I just realized that it was further trigonometry. A wasted 5 marks - hopefully I can still hit the overall A* though. I'm hoping to do Biology, Chemistry, Math and Physics for A-level; hard work but I think I'll manage.

Not sure what to do over the summer. I have the GoT books which I can read, and I might get a summer job along with that. Maybe do some voluntary work at a hospice. I'll also be working on my driver's license.

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Finished mine today aswell and it was maths too. Class of 2013.

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 11:19)
Finished mine today, it was math. Dead easy test but I'm kicking myself over the last question because I just realized that it was further trigonometry. A wasted 5 marks - hopefully I can still hit the overall A* though. I'm hoping to do Biology, Chemistry, Math and Physics for A-level; hard work but I think I'll manage.

Not sure what to do over the summer. I have the GoT books which I can read, and I might get a summer job along with that. Maybe do some voluntary work at a hospice. I'll also be working on my driver's license.

ASOIAF is an absolutely brilliant fantasy saga.

About your A-levels, I don't mean to condescend you, but you should really check how your options match your future plans. You seem like a maths oriented guy, so I'd stress that further maths would be more worth your while than biology, which many mathematically-inclined students regret taking at A-level. Just my opinion on it, being someone who's completed their A-levels.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Work your a$$ off for 6th form. Helps big time when your at university and also after. Employees do ask for A-level results... specially high end jobs.

enjoy the time off. smoke pot... get laid... drunk etc... then knuckle down for 6th form.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users