Photo

Owners of LCS on PS3

7 replies to this topic
mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

I bought LCS and unfortunately it is plagued by unplayable framerates on my console. However I have seen people without this issue and I'd like anyone who has this game on PS3 to comment on exactly which version of the PS3 they have, and whether their game is plagued by the low-fps bug. For the record, I'm using a 500GB super slim. (Also, if anyone knows how to fix this that would be great too, but I haven't been able to find much info on this)

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

I am playing this game on an Original 80GB model and the game runs and plays great-No lag at all under normal circumstances...The only time I actually get any kind of lag is during the 4+ star wanted levels when there is a lot going on around Toni...I am currently on the Stauntan Island mission strand and have yet to come across any problems unless I have 4+ star wanted level. The game actually looks better on PS3 than ir did on my PS2 Slim as well. smile.gif

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

Yeah you are right, the PS3 for me also seems to support some kind of anti aliasing. But the lag I'm talking about is an extreme frame drop to about 10fps when driving in portland. High wanted level slowdowns are normal. So did Rockstar really not test this game out on the Super Slim model? Anyone with a Slim model to confirm whether it lags or not?

SILENT_Pavel
  • SILENT_Pavel

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

However I have seen people without this issue

This people have BC old phat PS3 with perfect ps2 hardware/software emu.
http://www.gtaforums...entry1062558482

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

The only PSN GTA game that is laggy(which it was on PS2 as well) is VCS and that is pretty much just on the East Island around the Fairgrounds/safe house area there.

A little tip(which is true for PC's-not sure about PS3), is: IF your Hard Drive does not have a certain amount of free space-ie. has less than like 20% free space available, it can slow the PC down(I figured this out on my old desktop and an old laptop), which can be true for PS3 too since it has an HD...? confused.gif

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

I was pumped to get it, but I didn't as you guys seem rather displeased about it. Is the FPS that bad?

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:37 AM Edited by mitchnorton, 18 June 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Yes it is terrible, I will upload a video of it, but for now if you have a Slim or Super Slim PS3, stay the hell away from this game. Get VCS, it runs flawlessly XD. And Radioman, I have a 500GB PS3, with only LCS, VCS, and Red Dead Redemption installed, so lack of hard drive space shouldn't be an issue, last time I checked these games didn't accumulate to anywhere near 500GB tounge.gif

EDIT: Here's the video. The lag doesn't look as bad in the video as it does in real life. Also, excuse the weird auto-focus, if someone knows how to turn that off on an S4 that would be great too tounge.gif

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

I dont think that the lag is that bad. It can be annoying but I find it easy to ignore as well. Maybe my lag is not as bad as yours confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users