413 replies to this topic
Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

Only other BMW people. Most E28 people are jealous of my drivetain. E30 people are jealous of my front end. Other BMW people are jealous of my super L33t wheels. Other people tell me I should stance it. Non-car people think it's a piece of junk and don't comment.

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

I had not tasted proper meat until valentine's day (insert homosexuality joke here) this year, when a friend served me tenderloin. It was so motherf*cking delicious that I bought some Entrecôte(rib-eye steak). I've never cooked meat before, any tips here?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Don't press it too much or hard, you don't want to lose the juice.

Lurch should have some useful tips when it comes to grilling up steaks, redneck that he is. :p

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

Don't press it too much or hard, you don't want to lose the juice.

Lurch should have some useful tips when it comes to grilling up steaks, redneck that he is. :p

What purpose does pressing it serve?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Sears the steak

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Sears the steak

is that uh.... good?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

if you like your steak seared, it is.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:37 AM Edited by Carlover325, 22 February 2014 - 01:39 AM.

I let my steak sit out for about 30 minutes to an hour before I cook it, so it's not so cold then put straight to heat.  Comes out a little more tender I've noticed.  Also, once it's cooked, don't cut into it right away.  Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes, this way it stays juicy.  I just season with salt and pepper, nothing fancy.

• El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

YES!

let's talk steak.

you should always let a thick steak sit out for an hour before cooking; doesn't matter as much with thinner cuts.

as long as most of it is thawed.

the best rare / medium steaks come from a charcoal fire grill using indirect heat.

you want to scatter your coals all on one side (left) and lay out your meat opposite (right) then close and seal the top. leave the top on for about 10-15 minutes at a time. simply turn your meat over at regular intervals. if you're going for smoking, scatter your smoke chips on top of the grill over the side with the coals, then close the top but leaving at least 1 vent open. the open vent will allow heating induction from the top section to keep the air moving around the inside, providing an even 'coating' (if you will) for the smoke flavor.

with good heat your steaks shouldn't take more than hour @ rare or medium.

never cook your steak above medium well unless you're a sad yuppie whose ignorance is bliss ;)

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:14 AM

Have you had people come up to you about the car at gas stations and whatnot? What do you hear most often?

EDIT: fixed typo

Surprisingly enough I don't really get approached, which honestly I don't mind. I tend to get the biggest reactions from street beggars. When I'm at a light they always ask me how fast I've gone and if I've drifted it.

Also had a kid in a WRX want to race me today. He revved his engine (sounded horrible) at the light and looked into my cabin, I laughed in his face. I was up to the speed limit before he could shift into first.

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

YES!

let's talk steak.

you should always let a thick steak sit out for an hour before cooking; doesn't matter as much with thinner cuts.

as long as most of it is thawed.

the best rare / medium steaks come from a charcoal fire grill using indirect heat.

you want to scatter your coals all on one side (left) and lay out your meat opposite (right) then close and seal the top. leave the top on for about 10-15 minutes at a time. simply turn your meat over at regular intervals. if you're going for smoking, scatter your smoke chips on top of the grill over the side with the coals, then close the top but leaving at least 1 vent open. the open vent will allow heating induction from the top section to keep the air moving around the inside, providing an even 'coating' (if you will) for the smoke flavor.

with good heat your steaks shouldn't take more than hour @ rare or medium.

never cook your steak above medium well unless you're a sad yuppie whose ignorance is bliss ;)

This country is much too cold now to be grilling outside - I'm going to have to use a pan

• El Diablo likes this

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:56 PM Edited by epoxi, 22 February 2014 - 12:56 PM.

El_Diablo that sounds delicious, though I usually fry my steak in olive oil for convenience. My favourite cut is rib-eye because the interspersed fat makes it especially tasty.

I tend to fry it such that there is a thin layer of raw steak in the middle. Although most people worship tender steak, I don't like steak to be too easy to eat or else it feels like you're just eating chicken or something...eating steak has to feel special.

• El Diablo likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

I shall revoke the throne, atop the stellar tree

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Porterhouse is my favourite cut. That's the UK version, not the US, so just the strip side.

I tend to marinade but dry-fry, usually on a heavy cast iron griddle pan over a very hot gas flame if I don't have a barbeque. Favourite marinade is olive oil, black pepper and lemon juice. Serve it with a sauce of butter, garlic and herbs. And home made fries.

Medium rare for me, it needs to have just lost it's jelly-like consistency.
  • El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

we do a lot of porksteaks in the Summer.

porksteak wrapped in bacon.

also beef tenderloin, ribeye, and top sirloin.

there's an old meatlocker in the town where my parents still live (Edwardsville, Illinois) that practices all the oldschool American methods of aging, curing, and seasoning steaks, jerky, and sausage. I've eaten steak all over the East Coast (Connecticut, Boston, New York, Philly, DC, Atlanta, Miami) at some unspeakably fancy restaurants - all of which paled in comparison to the quality of the meats @ the local meatlocker.

sometimes we get their homemade German bratwurst and do beer-brats with a good pale ale.

oh god I can't f*ckin' wait till Summer now... and I've made myself hungry.

Marwin
  • Marwin

Cyclical Shtick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:33 PM Edited by Marwin Moody, 03 March 2014 - 06:20 PM.

we do a lot of porksteaks in the Summer.

porksteak wrapped in bacon.

also beef tenderloin, ribeye, and top sirloin.

there's an old meatlocker in the town where my parents still live (Edwardsville, Illinois) that practices all the oldschool American methods of aging, curing, and seasoning steaks, jerky, and sausage. I've eaten steak all over the East Coast (Connecticut, Boston, New York, Philly, DC, Atlanta, Miami) at some unspeakably fancy restaurants - all of which paled in comparison to the quality of the meats @ the local meatlocker.

sometimes we get their homemade German bratwurst and do beer-brats with a good pale ale.

oh god I can't f*ckin' wait till Summer now... and I've made myself hungry.

You sound like a proper connoisseur - wanna help me out with the proper pan-cooking methods?

edit:

Tried and failed. Had to throw out a half a kilo of ribeye because I cooked one side too long and the other not long enough - ended up with something that was dry and impossible to chew through, with a heavy taste of blood. I'm sad to have wasted so much money and premium meat :( Now I'm off to make some easy oven-baked fries. And to take out the trash- don't want the smell of improperly cooked meat stinking up my entire house. Ugh, I feel like less of a man

Edit 2:

I felt this might be a just as suitable place to ask, seeing as this sounds like a man-cave regular pastime - I'll also post in "have a question?"

My eldest sister's boyfriend (With whom she lives and is moving to this city(and I hope they will become much, much more)) has today asked me if I'd perhaps join him in a game of billiards in one of the city's billiard halls (who knew they existed?) one evening, and perhaps it could become "like a regular thing or summin' I dunno". I really like this guy and I'd love for us to have an activity we can partake in regularly. Like buds.

Now, to the actual question: Is there a sort of (metaphoric) "Get-rich-quick" scheme for billiards? some quick tips that will make you a good player or something? I've played it many times, but never on a "hey wanna bet?" level. Just shooting some pool while waiting for our flight, etc etc. I'd love some help on this, because I want to show that I actually care about this activity, you know, not just tag along like some kid!

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Guys, how do I know I'm drinking too much? I feel like I've become a high functional alcoholic. I drink between 10 to 15 units per day and it seems like its a bit too much. On the plus side I have started running regularly now but I use that as an excuse to drink more beer afterwards. 

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Guys, how do I know I'm drinking too much? I feel like I've become a high functional alcoholic. I drink between 10 to 15 units per day and it seems like its a bit too much. On the plus side I have started running regularly now but I use that as an excuse to drink more beer afterwards. 

My step-dad is an alcoholic.  He drinks so much sometimes that he will think the living room or bedroom are the bathroom, and will pee on the carpet, bookcase, etc.  He doesn't get that bad very often.  But he constantly talks with slurred speech and gets argumentative about the stupidest things.  He can go to bed totally smashed and get up the next morning as if nothing ever happened.  He's put holes in the wall and dented the bed of his truck when he punched it.  He also passed out in some bushes, and the cops driving by put him in the back of their car.  He kicked it up and caused damage.  He was in jail for 2 months for that and had to pay restitution for the damages.  It doesn't help that he's a felon on parole.  

His son isn't much better and has had 3 DUI arrests in the last year and half.

A few drinks to relax is fine.  But if you find yourself getting drunk all the time, that's when you have a problem.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

if you were to get into any kind of accident near the end of your typical day, you'd be putting yourself at high risk of earning a DUI on top of it.

"10-15 units"  adds up in the blood no matter how functional you are on the surface.

you're not technically an alcoholic until your drinking begins to interfere with your ability to perform in life.

but it's probably still a bad habit to be setting. especially for such a dashing up-and-comer such as yourself. there are much healthier ways of stimulating your mind throughout the day. you can still relax and unwind in the evening. the last thing we need is for you to disappear for 3 months - until some person claiming to be your cousin drops in - and posts to inform us that you wrapped your Porsche around a pole.

it certainly wouldn't be the first time...

car_crash_ryan_dunn_porsche_911_crash.jp

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

I think most people in the office are all high functioning addicts of substances to some degree. Even in London the average day would entail drinking f*ckloads of coffee at work, down a couple of pints after work, smoke a joint or 2 and do a couple lines of coke. I went through a year or two of doing quite a lot of coke because that was just the environment I was in, I stopped after I was out with a couple of brokers at Babylon in London and I overheard tables next to us commenting on the "coked out bankers over there". So far I've managed to tone down all those things and I haven't even smoked weed for a good while now but instead I've started drinking a lot more to help me get to sleep, it also doesn't help that the common thing to do in Asia is to take clients out drinking. I've also taken steps to quit smoking and I got myself an e-cigarette to help control the urges. I have a close friend who was on the up and up at KPMG Hong Kong when all of a sudden he quit his job and moved to Tokyo and got a part time job as a busboy at a hotel. It really is a fine line between being in control of your life or spiralling out. 

• gtamann123 likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

ok I hear you man.

but you didn't say coke.

you didn't say joints.

you didn't say coffee.

you said you're drinking throughout the day.

I drive high all the time (weed). but that ain't sh*t and we all know it. marijuana is ultra tame and I wouldn't even fault for you for driving with yak up the nose or your mind racing on 10 cups of caffeine.

but alcohol is different.

it tricks everyone eventually. there's no escaping the most fundamental element; alcohol depresses the central nervous system and all it takes is a fraction of a second (in your lapse in reaction time) to slam into a family of 4, kill half of them, and ruin your entire life. daily drinking is just kind of a bad habit to start at this age. but your habits are up to you....

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

Yeah I agree with you 100%, probably why it's a good thing I realized what I was slipping into and deciding to make a change. I've done it before with other substances and this is the same. That's the point I was making with all the other sh*t I used to do. 

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Outcast, you sound like some businessman from American Psycho. :D But truly, drugs, with the exception of weed, is something i dont want to try. I just dont want to get hooked on sh*t like that. Smoking is different, i love to smoke, i could quit whenever i want, i even leave sometimes caps as long as a few days to a week between, but i will not quit completely because i like how it relaxes me. Its just so good to go have a smoke after you have been behind the PC at school for an hour straight. 

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Lol American Psycho? I don't think so, it's just that drugs are so damn accessible in London. Anything you want, anytime. My dealer from back in my uni days works at Deloittes and I'd still meet him over lunch and get a couple grams of lemon haze or whatever he had that week.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

I recently figured out I had a bit of a drinking problem as well. It was getting to the point where I was drinking not just after work, but also before and during work on breaks/lunch (like if I had a 10 minute break I would go outside and chug one). After a while I was feeling like sh*t on a daily basis so I had to really cut it down some. I mean, I still drink a good bit, but I really try not to overdo it now. 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Lol American Psycho? I don't think so, it's just that drugs are so damn accessible in London. Anything you want, anytime. My dealer from back in my uni days works at Deloittes and I'd still meet him over lunch and get a couple grams of lemon haze or whatever he had that week.

Is the use of Coke still a big deal amongst the big money business community like it was in the 80s?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Is the use of Coke still a big deal amongst the big money business community like it was in the 80s?

Well I can't speak for the industry but probably not like the 80s, though how big coke was then I don't know as I didn't live it and I don't know how accurate media portrayals are. 

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

@outcast - we are still on a public forum fyi :)

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

since when can you not talk about cocaine on a public forum?

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

I am not saying the contrary, I am just talking about the fact that if I was Outcast I wouldn‘t be talking about my own usage on a public forum just in case :)

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

Yeah for sure, but really having a f*ckton of pictures on Facebook doesn't help either lol but I'm pretty sure I've gotten rid of most of them.
  • gtamann123 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users