Photo

The Man Cave™

331 replies to this topic
Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 12:06)
but Sup3rman you do understand what we're trying to get across to Chris don't you?

Ofcourse...i mean, if i had a car collection of some sort or a watch collection, id post pictures about it as soon as possible. Even proof that those are mine. But i don't even have A car and only a single watch.
But how about we keep this excellent topic clean? The man cave thread is not meant for something like this. It's here to talk about manly stuff, other than cars.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 22:18)
But how about we keep this excellent topic clean? The man cave thread is not meant for something like this. It's here to talk about manly stuff, other than cars.

I agree, I think we've said all we can to Chris. If he still doesn't get it then theres not much else we can do.

Anyway I completely missed the part about the whisky. I'm in the process of buying a cask of 50yo single malt from Scotland. Right now I'm stuck looking for a bottle manufacturer to make a limited run of custom bottles for me to put my whisky in. I only need about 300 bottles but a lot of the suppliers I've spoken to have a minimum order of 10,000. Got the autocad designs all done and now I'm looking to make a mold for the bottle which will make the bottling process go a bit faster.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 14:45)
Anyway I completely missed the part about the whisky. I'm in the process of buying a cask of 50yo single malt from Scotland. Right now I'm stuck looking for a bottle manufacturer to make a limited run of custom bottles for me to put my whisky in. I only need about 300 bottles but a lot of the suppliers I've spoken to have a minimum order of 10,000. Got the autocad designs all done and now I'm looking to make a mold for the bottle which will make the bottling process go a bit faster.

Sounds awesome. How about talking to some private bottle makers. 300 is also a lot but 10 000...that would be necessery only if you are going to sell them forward to some larger stores or something. I think im gonna open my bottle of Monte Cristo XO brandy later. It's hot and theres nothing better than a glass of fine brandy on rocks.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 07:47)
I'm more of a whisky man, personally. Can't beat a good scotch:

[IMsG]http://mymaltwhiskys.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/jura-prophecy-e1325108229292.jpg[/IMG]

[IMsG]http://www.whiskyandwines.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/700x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/a/caol_ila_1998_distillers_edition.jpg[/IMG]

[IMaG]http://vendomestore.com/images/products/detail/ScotchPix009.1.JPG[/IMG]

Seriously 'mirin the Jura. Great flavour and texture.

Don't you just hate those plebs who tell you that their favourite scotch is blended-malt? I'm sure you all know those people who claim that they're massive scotch aficionados, but the only ones they've ever had to drink are Johnny Red and Johnny Black lol. I only drink them when I'm at a nightclub or a lounge and the bar only serves popular drinks, but at home when relaxing in front of the TV, the computer or while reading a book? Single malt or bust mofos.

Anyone here into cigars? I haven't had one in a while but hopefully will be grabbing one later this week as a belated celebration of the end of exams with some friends. There's a great bar in the inner-city which serves a massive range of Cubans and non-Cubans alike, along with a very generous range of whiskeys (which I unfortunately haven't had the pleasure of trying yet given that every time I go there I drive). I tried the Montecristo no. 4 last time and was more than satisfied with it; it didn't have too heavy of a taste compared to the Aspen Toro I usually have, which is smooth but feels like it hangs around in the mouth more than the Monty. I suppose that's just the tell-tale sign of the difference in quality between Cuban and Nicaraguan cigars. colgate.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Montecristo (that's the real Cuban ones, not the Dominican ones) Edmundo and Joyita ranges. I only really ever seem to partake at weddings though.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

I just figured id write about smoking and cigars here. I haven't tried a cigar yet, but it really looks tempting. Just have to find a good shop that sells some imported stuff that isnt cheapass crap. Ofc, im not looking for anything extremely expensive, but more of good quality for a beginner. There are these Independence cigars for sale in a shop in town, cheap also. I just don't know are they worth trying.
Speaking of smoking, i do smoke cigarettes. Not too often, lets call me a afternoon smoker. Usual favourite is the Marlboro gold, sometimes also something from L&M. But when im not that short on money, id buy Al Capone cigarillos or something similar.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

I cant smoke in my position, but if i ever do .. i'd go like this cool.gif

user posted image

And outcast i will post pics of the garage as soon as i get home.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

Looking forward to it, Chris.

Anyway cigars? Romeo y Julietas. I also occasionally enjoy Montecristos too. And of course I'm talking about the Cubans, not the Dominican Republic ones.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Ever tried the flavoured Romeo y Julietas? Well, I think RyJ make flavoured cigars... My friend buys them for the same price as the RyJs at this tobacconist nearby, and the tobacconist doesn't have a massive range of cigars so I assumed that they were by RyJ. The vanilla was lovely, but the strawberry one is worth a miss.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

I can't say I have. I tend not to enjoy flavoured tobacco and I avoid them at all costs. Only flavoured tobacco I would smoke is shisha and even then I don't enjoy it that much.

Heres what I have.
user posted image

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 02:52)
Looking forward to it, Chris.

Anyway cigars? Romeo y Julietas. I also occasionally enjoy Montecristos too. And of course I'm talking about the Cubans, not the Dominican Republic ones.

RyJ is a good all rounder. When it comes to cigars I am only a small amateur (you know its like they say to people that dont know a thing about cars "stick to mercedes"), but I like robustos. I tend to get myself a Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure 2 from time to time when celebrating something. I did have a humidor, but I got rid of it before I moved to London. Wasnt collecting back then, ususally smoking on a base of old out new in, and usually the same stuff. Usually coronas and robustos, Cohiba, Partagas...

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

@Outcast: Impressive, is that your personal collection or is it for entertaining/giving as gifts?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

Those are for personal consumption, but of course friends and family are welcome. About half are empty but it just looks better to keep it otherwise the cabinet will look very empty.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

Either way, next time I'm in Taiwan, I'm coming over for a cigar. No exceptions.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

Lol if any of you guys are ever in my part of the world I guarantee I will I show you an amazing time.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

Sorry for the bump and double post. It's typhoon season here and my $500 umbrella from Alexander McQueen isn't keeping me dry at all. If I pay $500 for a f*cking umbrella I expect it to at least keep the rain off of me.

The umbrella does look pretty pimp though.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

Well, to be fair it is a typhoon... I don't think a $5 umbrella from an op-shop is going to help you any more. biggrin.gif

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

Ah yes Alexander McQueen, bought one of their sweaters once. Ended up being about as thin as a paper cloth so I resold it.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

I was never one for fashion. I only know about Alexander McQueen because he was in the news when he committed suicide. No, my girlfriend made me get it. What a bloody rip-off.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 07:43)
I was never one for fashion. I only know about Alexander McQueen because he was in the news when he committed suicide. No, my girlfriend made me get it. What a bloody rip-off.

If there's one thing you should never trust the opinion of a woman on, it is keeping dry.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hahahahahaha spot on colgate.gif . Get yourself an Isotoner.

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Anyone else here wear suits at work? What brand do you guys wear? Tie/dress shirt combos?

Right now I'm rocking a dark grey Tiger of Sweden suit, white dress shirts (we get 'em from work), darker ties and a white handkercheif to match the shirts.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

I used to wear Charles Tyrwhitt for my everyday and travel suits. Looks good but not so expensive that you'll need to be careful. For more formal events then it's bespoke.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

I alternate between a dark single-breasted Roger David and a double-breasted silver Hugo Boss suit. The HB suit is so ill-tailored now; I didn't wear it for a good year or so, but put the jacket on for good measure last week and it just looked... Weird. Not that it didn't look slightly strange before given that it's double-breasted, but now it's just even worse.

I try to wear light shirts with my suits; whites, pinks, light blues, though I prefer plain white most to be honest, looks most professional. Ties I'm not so picky about, but they tend to be dark, especially blue. Most are silk, some are linen, I've got two Hermes ties lying about there. I don't get a chance to wear suits very often since I'm neither of an age nor a position to be wearing suits regularly, but I'm guessing that when it comes to internship-time in two years I'll be giving them more of a workout.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:28 AM Edited by Outcast, 15 July 2013 - 03:31 AM.

Double breasted suits only work well if you have a certain body shape. It doesn't look good on me at all so I stick with single breasted suits with 2 buttons. I tend to wear light coloured shirts as well but very rarely plain. I go for the thin stripes and in light pink or light blue. My ties are also generally darker but I mix and match my patterns and colours with my shirt. In the winter I go for dark suits, summer I go for grey. What shoes do you guys go for? I'm a loafer or chelsea boots kinda guy.

These are the exact boots I wear for work. They're Hugo Boss Chelsea Boots.
user posted image

EDIT: found a picture I took of my boots.
user posted image

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

Have something quite similar, but they are Balmain. Not suitable for winter though.

Regarding suits, for everyday work Suit Supply catalogues are the best. Prices are right, looks 2x better than anything you can find in a similar price range, and it is not a bespoke/tailored so you just dont feel weird like the last time you bought a tailored suit in India (lol!)

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

In winter (i.e. if I'm wearing a jacket or a v-neck sweater) I'll go for oxfords usually, but in summer I wear casual loafers (most of mine are suede, but I have a few leather ones as well).

@Pav: A friend of mine from uni told me yesterday that his dad owns a tailoring and suit-making company in the same price range as stuff you'd find on Suitsupply. I think I know where I'm going next time I go suit/business shirt shopping. colgate.gif

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I have a pair of black Ballys I managed to find for Ł50 a few years back. They aren't as good-looking as those boots, but after much use they still appear brand new and I find they are much more comfortable than other designer suit shoes I have bought (which make me want to find an excuse to sit down all the time).

@Outcast: Looking at your stacks you posted in the car pic topic, what technique do you use to count your money? (unless you use a machine haha)

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 02:22)
@Outcast: Looking at your stacks you posted in the car pic topic, what technique do you use to count your money? (unless you use a machine haha)

I don't really know how to describe it. Is there even a name for these different techniques? lol.

I need to get a new pair of loafers. my Hugo Boss ones are so worn down after 2 years of near constant wear. They go fine with a suit and after work with jeans and a shirt. I'd say a pair of good quality loafers are a must have in any man's wardrobe.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

A question about Paypal: when you order it to transfer funds from your bank debit balance to your paypal equivalent, does it warn you if the requested funds exceed those available, or does it over-draw your account?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users