Photo

lag why?

1 reply to this topic
lardlad
  • lardlad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

i have a high end laptop and it lags while playing gta san andreas. mostly in the heavily forested area. its from the dynamic shadows. i dont want to turn them off but there should be no lag in the first place. i play gta 4 on medium-high settings with no lag except when there are large amounts of police cars. but even my xbox lags when that happens. my specs are intel i3 2.6 ghz. boost 3.1 ghz. 6 gb ram. 500gb hdd. windows 8 64 bit. intel hd graphics 4000. i dont want to hear sh*t about how bad the gpu is because its intel and only has 264mb of dedicated ram. the resource usage on gta 4 says i have almost 700mb of vram. i assuming its borrowing it from it from the system ram. should there be any lag with san andreas? its a 2004 game running on a 2012 laptop. ive run this game on high settings on a 2003 nvidia card with around 300mb of vram and got no lag on high settings. any reasons?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Window 8 is not friendly toward old games, from what I've read.
The engines of the IV and SA game are not comparable. SA uses a lot of resources.
Graphics requirement:
Best --  128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)
Minimum -- 64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users