• Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:23)
QUOTE (Red XIII @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 14:18)
QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 20:09)
http://i.imgur.com/VBw42id.png

"we've toned down its sprawling nature in los Santos we compressed the city somewhat so it never felt dull, but everything is there, including those mental characters and moments you wouldn't find anywhere else"

No, I quoted what Houser said.

You quoted the art director.

They are both somewhat contradicting each other but I think you cannot take everything they say word-by-word. However, in this case, I would rather trust the art director for obvious reasons.

walkingassassin
  • walkingassassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

are you guys going to complain about the size of the map until september or what?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

So, neither the observatory nor the Vinewood sign are shown on the blueprint map, correct?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 20:21)
What about GTA IV: EFLC? So far, we've seen a promo card in Red Dead Redemption (Game of The Year Edition) and now in L.A Noire. Is there another?

Was just about to ask the same thing. Problem is, I guess everybody here already has GTA IV & EFLC.

upyoustolemylungs
  • upyoustolemylungs

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I wish they would release a screenshot of character switching in action. Like right at the top of the switch in the sky.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (walkingassassin @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:00)
are you guys going to complain about the size of the map until september or what?

They'll complain well beyond September, trust me.

I must be the only one who thinks Los Santos is huge.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 14:31)
Who cares about an iPhone!?!?

The point is that why the hell do people keep taking sh*tty pictures? This is 2013 where every god damn thing has a pretty decent camera on it. It's not hard to take a high quality photo.

I agree. Most phone cameras are better quality than this sh*t.

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:06)

No. I'm with you. It will feel huge once your in the city.

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

has anyone bought a copy of max payne special edition recently and checked to see if theres any new screens?

CoyT92
  • CoyT92

The Man Behind the Mask

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

I think it looks enormous. Some people are just ungrateful and will complain no matter what. I mean, what would they prefer? A ridiculously big map that feels lifeless and empty? Nah, they'd still whine.

And to think that the city is only a small part of the map, and there will be huge areas of wilderness, mountains, lakes and small towns...man I can't wait to explore every inch of it. Only a little over three months to go! It's been a hell of a long journey.

Kill Frenzy!
  • Kill Frenzy!

Skilled Driver

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Muy bien chaval! Buen trabajo! I really enjoyed this picture!

THEREALRIK
  • THEREALRIK

REAL RECOGNIZE REAL

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (CoyT92 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 18:57)

I think it looks enormous. Some people are just ungrateful and will complain no matter what. I mean, what would they prefer? A ridiculously big map that feels lifeless and empty? Nah, they'd still whine.

And to think that the city is only a small part of the map, and there will be huge areas of wilderness, mountains, lakes and small towns...man I can't wait to explore every inch of it. Only a little over three months to go! It's been a hell of a long journey.

im one of the few people thats in the middle. I dont think LS looks as huge as the impression i was given earlier in the year, but i dont think its tiny by any means. Im pretty satisfied with the map from what ive seen, not impressed or disappointed.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (freedom @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 20:32)
QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 20:21)
QUOTE (freedom @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 14:15)
The Observatory isn't that close to the Vinewood sign

They're not too far away from each other.

user posted image

Wait... I am super disorientated with the location of the Observatory now.

The Vinewood sign is what you've highlighted on the right, right?

..as per this shot:

http://www.rockstarg...ot/221/1280.jpg

But then how is that the observatory that you've highlighted on the left, given this shot:

http://www.rockstarg...ot/481/1280.jpg

Shouldn't the Vinewood sign be to the right?:

Here's another:

http://www.rockstarg...ot/561/1280.jpg

Sorry dude but I don't really get your confusion. The observatory is directly west of the Vinewood sign. In your first posted image, the observatory is to the left/west out of shot. On your second image, we are at the observatory and the Vinewood sign is to the left/east, out of shot, because we are facing in the opposite direction. In your third image, we are almost above the sign, looking west towards the observatory.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

I speak for myself when I say I'm not bitching when stating my opinion that LS is too small and should have been bigger if its the only city. I'm still buying the game and im sure it will still be great.

If your not open to different opinions then it just makes you look like a mindless fanboy. People's opinions will differ and unless they are being as absurd as Zee, there's no need to call them whiners or ungrateful.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:20)
I speak for myself when I say I'm not bitching when stating my opinion that LS is too small and should have been bigger if its the only city. I'm still buying the game and im sure it will still be great.

If your not open to different opinions then it just makes you look like a mindless fanboy. People's opinions will differ and unless they are being as absurd as Zee, there's no need to call them whiners or ungrateful.

I respect your opinion, but I bet it will change when you actually play the game. Looking at heli shots over the city will inevitably make it look smaller. Imagine looking across the Alamo Sea at that huge mountain as a character in the game:

user posted image

You would be a speck from this distance, and the mountain still looks huge. I'm sure at ground level, the sea will look much bigger as well.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 01:20)

I agree to a certain extent. Some people are merely stating their opinion, which is fine. But the vast majority unfortunately can't state their opinion without calling people out for not sharing their opinion. Which 9/10 times results in arguments, name calling and so forth. Which is very disruptive, but I think that goes without saying.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

I understand that. But I wanted to set myself aside from the "winers"

@Suicide: All the images we have seen, coupled with the blueprint map really take away some of the ambiguity of the city size. I think it will be almost exactly as big as I expect it to be. Which is smaller than I hoped. But once again. If there are alot more interiors it will be much better.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 14:25)
QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 02:39)
and is way bigger then i thought it would be.

A city that has a smaller footprint than IV is way bigger than you thought it would be? What were you expecting?

It's big enough. Nuff said. We're done here. icon14.gif

Blu Exile
  • Blu Exile

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

There must only be 2 promos or R* is only putting these in 1 out of 1000 games. If they were putting them in every one of their prior releases, we'd have more by now.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by Game2048, 16 June 2013 - 03:26 AM.

GTA IV map wasn't really big after all. I don't think that this size is really "enough" for reproducing of Los Angeles. Besides, it's no wonder that people expected to see a larger city after specific presentation of Los Santos from Rockstar's side.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Markhosdangerous @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 16:00)
*Updated: better quality. Click here to see the Old one

user posted image

Courtesy by: Raptormc, from mundogta.es

What is that to the left of the rear propeller?

Looks like more city blocks to me, has this been discussed?

CoyT92
  • CoyT92

The Man Behind the Mask

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

No offense or hard feelings intended.

It just bugs me. It bugs me that people are turning such a critical eye to this game before playing it. I think of lurking around here during the Great Drought and everyone clamoring for the tiniest shred of information. Now that we have it, I'm seeing a lot of complaints. I don't know, maybe that's a good thing. People wouldn't be critical if they weren't diehard GTA fans and just want the best possible experience.

I'll just go ahead and say it...my bad. I'm a mellow guy. Sometimes I say things and it comes out the wrong way.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:32 AM Edited by CSM. HB J-DOGG, 16 June 2013 - 06:37 AM.

I have to agree with Deffpony. I am not whining just stating my distaste for a city that is based off L.A even being close to the size of LC which is Based off of New York. LS should be the largest City R* ever made as dan said it is the largest city in the world Land area wise. I know some will say but we have the Country Side. L.S should not be punished with a smaller size do to the Country side. To take away from the mere size of L.A is taking away from its magic. Just my opinion, I hope I am wrong. I will be the first to apologize

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:40 AM Edited by kingcs, 16 June 2013 - 07:43 AM.

Damnit, September hurry up so we can end this sh*t once and for all. I'm not gonna judge the size of the city until the game is in my system and I can get a feel for how big the city is. Rockstar don't owe me nothing and I don't owe them nothing, but the least I could do is take their word on this issue, if we can call it that.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (CSM. HB J-DOGG @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:32)
I know some will say but we have the Country Side. L.S should not be punished with a smaller size do to the Country side. To take away from the mere size of L.A is taking away from its magic. Just my opinion, I hope I am wrong. I will be the first to apologize

I don't know I would actually rather take some countryside, as long as it's fun/unique as opposed to endless sprawls of bland, repetitive suburbia just for the sake off adding size to the city.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (kingcs @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 03:40)
Damnit, September hurry up so we can end this sh*t once and for all. I'm not gonna judge the size of the city until the game is in my system and I can get a feel for how big the city is. Rockstar don't owe me nothing and I don't owe them nothing, but the least I could do is take their word on this issue, if we can call it that.

icon14.gif Big city here we come. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (CoyT92 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 18:25)
No offense or hard feelings intended.

It just bugs me. It bugs me that people are turning such a critical eye to this game before playing it. I think of lurking around here during the Great Drought and everyone clamoring for the tiniest shred of information. Now that we have it, I'm seeing a lot of complaints. I don't know, maybe that's a good thing. People wouldn't be critical if they weren't diehard GTA fans and just want the best possible experience.

I'll just go ahead and say it...my bad. I'm a mellow guy. Sometimes I say things and it comes out the wrong way.

Some people have been complaining ever since GTA V was announced. Remember the complaints about how the Cheetah looked in the first bunch of screenshots?

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

Still no hi res? I thought this was 2013.

Squidhead
  • Squidhead

Got the Vibe

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 10:59)
Still no hi res? I thought this was 2013.

Whaat? sigh.gif

maddy26
  • maddy26

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:20)

Stop whining before you've played the game, man! You can't have an opinium about the size because you didn't play it yet. You just got a hunch

Man, people judge for no reason icon13.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users