Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who were you in High School?

59 replies to this topic
UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

My freshman year was typical. Small group of friends, played football, mixed grades, and was mostly perceived by my teachers as immature. I had always been a bit of a class clown.

My sophomore year I got a little more serious. Smaller group of friends, first serious girlfriend, juggling football and the wrestling team, and better grades. The one thing that never changed about me was my love for gaming. My freshmen year I had rented a copy of GTA 2 for Sega Dreamcast. Great game. One day I get my copy of Game Informer, and low in behold GTA III is in the lower right hand corner. I told all my friends about how amazing this game was going to be, and they all said it wouldn't touch Driver.

Everybody at my school thought Driver was the end all be all. The months leading to the games release I tried to convince people that GTA III was going to be the best game ever. People thought I was either crazy or stupid. I pre-ordered my copy at Funcoland, a store which would eventually be bought out by Gamestop. The day of release I couldn't wait to get out of school. I expected a full house when I got there, but to my surprise I was the only one there. He took my copy right off an untouched display. I asked him how many people had pre-orderd it, and he said twelve.

I rushed home, popped it in my PS2, and disappeared from reality. I played sick the next morning, and my mom let me stay home. Thursday when I returned to school everyone knew why I wasn't there the day before. I told all my friends to come by my house that evening after school. Fast Forward to 9:30 that night and my mother was kicking my company out of the house. Everybody went and bought GTA III ASAP.

Word got around school that I was the go to guy when it came to games. Literally people came to me for advice like I was some guru. I was voted most likely to develop video games in my senior year book. I on the other hand wanted to win a gold medal in the Olympics, so I focused on wrestling. Ended up hurting my back, and now I am a plant manager. I'm happy though. Got a good paying job, and life is good.

That's the legend of me.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

In High school I was captain of the football team and had multiple girlfriends. Many people wanted to be my friend and I was also very intelligent. I won every single award going. I most certainly did not masturbate in the swimming changing rooms on any occasion and the dead bird in the Home Ec cooker had nothing to do with me.

Thamuz
  • Thamuz

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

A well adjusted and behaved student with A-grades in every subject.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

^ Hard to tell if you two are serious.
user posted image

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

I was pretty normal. Chilled with friends in the computer lab most of the time mainly talking about computers, Dragonball Z and video games. Got B's and A's in most classes except Math. Had three girlfriends in high school. The third was the one I lasted the longest with. Met her in 11th grade and it lasted until graduation when we went separate ways. I was a pretty calm dude, never f*cked with anyone and tried to be cool with everyone, but as always there's that one person you can't seem to get along with.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

the legend?
who cares?

high school is fake and almost nothing that happens there matters lol.gif
you don't start writing your own legend until AFTER high school.

AKalashnikov
  • AKalashnikov

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:52 AM Edited by AKalashnikov, 14 June 2013 - 01:44 AM.

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 10:45)
the legend?
who cares?

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. - Albert Einstein

Straight up.

I'm doing some cooking so I thought I'd add a reply to the best of my ability while I wait. In terms of social life in school there wasn't much to complain about. I had to travel a couple of hours on buses to and from school as I wasn't from the area. It was a boys school, so as you can imagine seeing girls on the buses was the highlight of my day. I went there on scholarship and played for the undefeated school Rugby team which is what Catholic boys schools around here seem to be all about, so that alleviated some of the pressure. Our principal was the coach and to this day I figure nothing ever came up in terms of me missing half a school year or acting the fool as he wanted me to play. I did well in regard to examinations, though I rarely completed assessment tasks so that would've held me back. I played video games back then but I never really spoke about it, truth be told I only have a couple of friends that are into them even now. I'm only in contact with one guy I went to school with and I left 6 years ago now. I knew one person when I went to that school and came out with one person. Solid effort.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

I like my beer like I like my violence: imported.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

I was "that guy". I was an angry and violent bastard obsessed with martial arts and ready n happy to start a fight with anybody just to test how good a fighter i was against complete strangers who may or may not be better than me. I had a death wish i guess, i always saw myself dying from a well placed hit that would knock my head straight to the concrete by a fighter superior to me, but that has yet to happen.

I was never to friendly in high school, hung out with the usual crew of 12 childhood friends and the gangrelated family friends.

But during my senior year, when i was with a 2.0 gpa ready to either not graduate or barely make it, i met the girl who would one day be the lady im married to. Thanks to her i changed and became a better, more reasonable man.

My death wish is gone, and im a happy family man who still loves martial arts, but only fights in controlled settings.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 14 June 2013 - 01:27 AM.

The first two years I was just another loser. I think during the first one I still had the school in my head and in the second one I was bearing the actions I did during the first one. Everything changed during the 3rd grade, which ended being the best year of my entire life. We were the worst class in the whole high school, everyday someone ended in the headteachers office, myself included in numerous ocasions. We everyday were annoying the teachers, breaking school material and sh*t (and therefore that about our class being known as the worst one). That year I also started skipping classes, which has ended becoming a pain in the ass.
The next grade was more boring, but wasn't bad at all. Nothing too relevant. Sometimes I hanged up with some friends to play the guitar, even when I never managed to play it biggrin.gif

Then arrived the last two years. The first one was horrible for me. I became a more serious and quiet person. I was going through lot of sh*t; sentimental problems, remorse and other troubles which really affected me. Some of my friends left the school and I began distancing with others. I behaved like a complete jerk with a lot of people. I didn't care about nothing, I started skipping classes and spending the day outta school, it kinda made me feel free. I soon became a problem when teachers began threatening me with the suspense due to the amount of classes I was skipping. It was cool, yeah, but it had become in a problem, it was like a f*cking addiction, not kidding.

And then the last grade which I have just finished and I will have to repeat as consequence of some bad decisions I took the last year. It's been a good year (though disappointing in some aspects), made some good friends, had fun, I have also had better results (even when I'm gonna repeat..). Summed up, studying more at the same time than chilling with friends in the street while skipping classes sly.gif

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

I was the stoner kid. I smoked cannabis and lots of it.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

One of the guys who got stoned in the woods.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 19:45)
the legend?
who cares?

Yep. About the only things you need from high school are halfway decent grades and good standardized test scores if your aim is to pursue higher learning above the technical/junior college level.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

Freshman year I was that shy short kid that was hanging out with the wrong people, cutting classes everyday, going to school at 8AM then leaving around 11AM just hanging out in the streets or in parking lots.

Sophmore year I was that kid that you can tell was trying hard to erase his terrible first year, I stopped hanging out with those bad people but they heavily influenced me to cut class, I was too into it. Then around the end of the year I missed almost 3 weeks straight of class
, probably my worst year as a student

Junior year I was doing great, then fell flat on my face in the final 2 months.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 19:45)
the legend?
who cares?

I have to disagree with you. While high school is full of fake people, if you have the right mindset it is a time to better yourself without worrying about the responsibilities of being an adult. It's basically a head start on life. If I hadn't blown out my back dead lifting, you might see me on the cover of Wheaties with a gold medal right now.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 22:16)
I have to disagree with you. While high school is full of fake people, if you have the right mindset it is a time to better yourself without worrying about the responsibilities of being an adult. It's basically a head start on life. If I hadn't blown out my back dead lifting, you might see me on the cover of Wheaties with a gold medal right now.

Should that be two separate paragraphs/thoughts?

I was the nice guy traveler in high school. Went to a bunch of different schools, and a couple of times even switched mid-year or whatever.

I loved switching schools and learned a great trick from my one girlfriend who moved to another school. Don't tell anyone you are leaving and just disappear. When she left we concocted a crazy story about her having my baby and moving to Spain. When I started doing the disappearing myself, I did it 100% and told no one. The weekend after disappearing from the HS I went to in Virginia for a year I got a call from my dad asking me if I had made plans to go to the water park with my friends. He wasn't too happy when I replied "yup".

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

I was one of the cool guys in high school, I once got a girl to put her head on my shoulder. cool.gif

Also organized a Jackass-style video series where the class weirdo did goofy stuff for (very little) money. The highlight was probably him eating a dead baby mouse.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

I was the creepy smelly kid who usually hung out by himself and who everyone thought was going to shoot up the school. cry.gif

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 20:16)
It's basically a head start on life.

yeah... that's not exactly true for everyone.

try telling that to inner city kids from single-parent households in a school district with no money tounge2.gif

3Hunt.
  • 3Hunt.

Yeah.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

Suspect of a shooting. Yeah.

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

Never meant to be but I was half of that terrible couple that is in love and all over each other every class break. Disgusting.
But so romantic.
I remember Mr. Gillespie stopping a couple of students in the halls, pointing looking at me and saying "There is nobody in love in this school more than these two."

Then later that year Mr. Gillespie told me not to get pregnant because he thought the hat I had on was too cute.

But back to high school, I dropped out. Skru that sh*t it is not necessary.

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (3Hunt. @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 21:49)
Suspect of a shooting. Yeah.

bored.gif Is it because your avatar is black

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

I was usually asleep in my first 2 or 3 classes, unless I had weightlifting or physical education class. I also enjoyed casual smoke sessions at the bus stop, and usually, me and a buddy would go find a truck in the parking lot and smoke bud in the bed. People really knew me for not going to school period, some people and teachers were shocked that I showed up when I missed Mon-Thur and showed up Friday. Thank god that rule were if you missed so many days your parent would go to jail wasn't around then.

I won't lie, if I could go back I would've just gone to school rather than doing stupid sh*t.

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

I had like 46 or 47 sex in high school.

36Chambers
  • 36Chambers

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

I'm what some would consider a "try-hard". When my friends go out during lunch to smoke, I opt out for some studying time in the library. Sure I get ridiculed for "pussying out", but I just don't see what's enjoyable about sitting in a classroom high. I've had good grades for the first two years of HS and I hope I don't lose steam after this year.

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (blitz @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 23:07)

user posted image

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

user posted image

guyzwitgunz
  • guyzwitgunz

Anti-nerd

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

When I was 13, in year 9 (high school starts earlier here), I had some friends and things were generally sweet. The next year I started hanging out with future drop out sh*tc*nts and got involved in real juvenile stupid sh*t like fruit wars in the courtyard (eh what can you say I was only 14).

Then I kept hanging around these people to avoid being a loner. Most of the time I wanted no part of their sh*t and I guess I kinda became a kind of nerd, though I hated studying but still passed. By the time my last year came in 2011, the people I had hung out with were gone and I only really talked to others in my year occasionally. Mostly I was just engaged in my hobbies like pro wrestling and video games and preferred to be alone. Didn't go to the school ball or any of that sh*t. In a nutshell I was the socially awkward but smart kid with untapped potential who probably had a bad rep but didn't know about it.

Regrets, everyone's got 'em.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

I was the "nobody" student. I didn't have any friends or join any extracurricular clubs or activities. I would eat lunch alone and then go to the library to go on the internet after I finished eating. I was a B student and a class clown.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (blitz @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 04:07)

Had,you mean have ?

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 00:45)
who cares?

I smell.. desperate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users