Vice City Prequel

6 replies to this topic
Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

I was reading the character bios on GTA Wikia, and found what little we know about Tommy and Sonny's past interesting.

While I don't think Rockstar will ever revisit the past eras with new games, I think it's a shame that we never saw Tommy's life before prison, which really would have been in Liberty City. The advantage of such a game would be seeing all of the characters, like Salvatore and Sonny, in their youth, and the early struggles of having control of Liberty City. Before the Triads and Colombians were in Liberty, it's possible that the families had territory across the city instead of just Portland.

I'm not discounting Vice City or even San Andreas being involved, though. It would be ironic if the Leone or Forelli family actually aided the Triads in San Ferro or Colombians in Vice, only to have them betray them later.

I'm not expecting an entirely warm response, but please try to keep an open mind. Again, I know this won't ever happen; it's food for thought.

Jool
  • Jool

Mayor of Uptown Algonquin

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

I agree with you, know what you are trying to say.

The game based in like 70s in a big city (not sure if LC or somewhere in SA, maybe multiple cities) with characters from previous GTAs (III,VC,SA) and new characters (who might have been killed before GTA III era!) with classical mafias and just forming street gangs would be a best present and "rejoice" to all of the GTA fans, even those who like modern games the best, in my opinion.. Highly doubt that it will ever happen, but that;s probably the best I can imagine (Along with San Andreas Stories for PC tounge.gif )

Forsas Saltis
  • Forsas Saltis

Povke (my earlier nickname)

• BUSTED!
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by povke, 27 June 2013 - 04:45 PM.

QUOTE (Bucky914 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 18:37)
I was reading the character bios on GTA Wikia, and found what little we know about Tommy and Sonny's past interesting.

While I don't think Rockstar will ever revisit the past eras with new games, I think it's a shame that we never saw Tommy's life before prison, which really would have been in Liberty City. The advantage of such a game would be seeing all of the characters, like Salvatore and Sonny, in their youth, and the early struggles of having control of Liberty City. Before the Triads and Colombians were in Liberty, it's possible that the families had territory across the city instead of just Portland.

I'm not discounting Vice City or even San Andreas being involved, though. It would be ironic if the Leone or Forelli family actually aided the Triads in San Ferro or Colombians in Vice, only to have them betray them later.

I'm not expecting an entirely warm response, but please try to keep an open mind. Again, I know this won't ever happen; it's food for thought.

Very nice idea! We can still make it ourselves, for example: Use GTA: San Andreas game, use LC2SA (Liberty City 2 San Andreas) map mod, make the missions with DYOM 7.0.2. Done!

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (povke @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 16:44)
QUOTE (Bucky914 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 18:37)

Very nice idea! We can still make it ourselves, for example: Use GTA: San Andreas game, use LC2SA (Liberty City 2 San Andreas) map mod, make the missions with DYOM 7.0.2. Done!

An old and expierenced DYOM designer here smile.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Bucky914 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 21:37)
Before the Triads and Colombians were in Liberty, it's possible that the families had territory across the city instead of just Portland.

As a matter of fact, all three families - Leones, Forellis and Sindaccos - held different territories across Liberty City, both in Portland and beyond - even as of 1998:

Leones: Saint Marks, Chinatown, Atlantic Quays, Belleville Park, Aspatria
Forellis: Saint Marks (shared with Leones), Fort Staunton, Wichita Gardens
Sindaccos: Hepburn Heights, Red Light District, Fort Staunton (shared with Forellis), Newport, Torrington

If you played GTA LCS, you'd know that.

Also, it comes to my attention that the Sindaccos are a relatively new family - seeing as they are not mentioned in GTA VC, and their leaders - both Johnny and Paulie are young - if compared to Salvatore Leone, for example.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by Spuds725, 16 September 2013 - 02:47 PM.

QUOTE (Bucky914 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 21:37) Before the Triads and Colombians were in Liberty, it's possible that the families had territory across the city instead of just Portland.
As a matter of fact, all three families - Leones, Forellis and Sindaccos - held different territories across Liberty City, both in Portland and beyond - even as of 1998:

Leones: Saint Marks, Chinatown, Atlantic Quays, Belleville Park, Aspatria
Forellis: Saint Marks (shared with Leones), Fort Staunton, Wichita Gardens
Sindaccos: Hepburn Heights, Red Light District, Fort Staunton (shared with Forellis), Newport, Torrington

If you played GTA LCS, you'd know that.

Also, it comes to my attention that the Sindaccos are a relatively new family - seeing as they are not mentioned in GTA VC, and their leaders - both Johnny and Paulie are young - if compared to Salvatore Leone, for example.

Necrothread: I don't want the game in 1998. When did the Triads and Colombians come into Liberty? They were very much there in 1998.

So, yeah, I played the hell out of LCS. If you had reading comprehension, you'd know I meant before LCS.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I would like next GTA VI (ce city :) ) to cover longer ammount of time from 80's to present day, showing different protagonists again and all three major GTA cities ( Vice City, Los Santos and Libety City ).

That would be perfect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users