The ordinal 5366 cold not be located?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic
im4ever12c
  • im4ever12c

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hi, I just downloaded and installed GTA IV on my Windows 8 Laptop and whenever I try to launch it it gives me the following error:

"The ordinal 5366 could not be located in the dynamic library C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV.exe."

Does anyone know why it is saying this because I am so anxious to get on the computer version right now~!

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by miromiro, 13 June 2013 - 05:27 PM.

Where did you download it from? Are you using any mods or cracks?
Make sure you have these installed: .NET Framework 3.5, the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0 & the Games for Windows Live Update. In case nothing helps, using xliveless might also be of help, but in case you have any save files it'll move them to a different location in the My Documents one, and will also disable online play.

Lastly you could try to run the game in Windows 2000 Compatibility mode or any other Compatibility mode for that matter. Try also running the game as administrator if needed.

im4ever12c
  • im4ever12c

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 17:24)
Where did you download it from? Are you using any mods or cracks?
Make sure you have these installed: .NET Framework 3.5, the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0 & the Games for Windows Live Update. In case nothing helps, using xliveless might also be of help, but in case you have any save files it'll move them to a different location in the My Documents one, and will also disable online play.

Lastly you could try to run the game in Windows 2000 Compatibility mode or any other Compatibility mode for that matter. Try also running the game as administrator if needed.

I will try the links you put up but I did not use any mods but I am using a crack. (Grand.Theft.Auto.IV.Patch 1.0.7.0 - Razor1911). I already have the update though but I will try the others you posted, hold on.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (im4ever12c @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 18:38)
...I did not use any mods but I am using a crack. (Grand.Theft.Auto.IV.Patch 1.0.7.0 - Razor1911)...

We won't be able to offer you any further assistance as it's against forum rules.

QUOTE (GTAForums Rules & Policy)
No warez/piracy (linking to, requesting or discussion of illegally obtaining copyrighted material)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users