Photo

What should I upgrade?

12 replies to this topic
Runeiverse
  • Runeiverse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

I've had GTA 4 for a few months now and enjoyed it a lot but have never been able to go online, race, go on a rampage with my new RPG or download mods without slowing down tremendously. So I've decided to upgrade something to make it run smoother (and maybe play GTA 5 slightly better than it would do now). What should I upgrade and what to?

Specs:

Windows 7 64x
AMD A6-4400m APU with Radeon HD graphics
3.48GB RAM (Side note: I have 4GB so why does my PC only use 3.48GB?)
HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC
AMD Radeon HD 7520G + 7670M Dual Graphics

Price range: Under $100 (Australian) if possible but under $180 is as high as I will go (for now).

I have got lag reducing mods (gave me a boost of +8 FPS smile.gif ) so please don't link me to one.

Please answer!

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

It's a laptop so it is not upgradable. Start again with a desktop pc.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

the reason it doesnt show all of your ram is it is sharing some of it with one of your video cards...

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

As Luceberg said, you cannot upgrade anything on that PC, as it is a laptop-laptops cannot be upgraded...Only desktops can be upgraded...

Runeiverse
  • Runeiverse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Damn. Thanks anyway.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

i missed this! ah man, yo dude, you can use memrestrict. i know you are seeing weird tuttering right? set graphics on low and use memrestrict commandline for 512mb video cards. hope i'm not too late, i know you got some bad advice here already, but hopefully you will see this. i got my llano amd 3870k to run gta iv and eflc fine on medium graphics @ resolutions below 1280x1024. oh yeah, if worse comes to worse, you have quad core cpu and 7670 graphic card so disable dual graphics, delete settings and see if if you can just run it straight like that

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:13)
i know you got some bad advice here already

Did you read the first post? He asked specifically about upgrading his pc, not about memrestrict commands and whatever.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:13)
i missed this! ah man, yo dude, you can use memrestrict. i know you are seeing weird tuttering right? set graphics on low and use memrestrict commandline for 512mb video cards. hope i'm not too late, i know you got some bad advice here already, but hopefully you will see this. i got my llano amd 3870k to run gta iv and eflc fine on medium graphics @ resolutions below 1280x1024. oh yeah, if worse comes to worse, you have quad core cpu and 7670 graphic card so disable dual graphics, delete settings and see if if you can just run it straight like that

who gave him bad advice? if anything according to what he asked, YOU ARE OFF TOPIC!!! he asked what he could upgrade, not about command lines or how you made gta run on lower end equipment.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by unc13bud, 17 June 2013 - 01:12 AM.

i know it seems hard to beleive, but english is my first language... and there are some semantics in nuances that esl readers might miss. he asking about upgrading a LAPTOP because he can't play the game like he wants to (at least that is the way i UNDERSTOOD it). and i am saying that if he chooses the correct settings, he can play with low/medium settings @ 1388x768 with the laptop. modifications are another thing entirely though

who gave him bad advice?

"if you throw a rock in a pack of dogs and one yelps..."
if anything according to what he asked, YOU ARE OFF TOPIC!!!

that is YOUR opinion, i answered his question the best, and THAT IS MY OPINION.

Runeiverse
  • Runeiverse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:08)
i know it seems hard to beleive, but english is my first language... and there are some semantics in nuances that esl readers might miss. he asking about upgrading a LAPTOP because he can't play the game like he wants to (at least that is the way i UNDERSTOOD it). and i am saying that if he chooses the correct settings, he can play with low/medium settings @ 1388x768 with the laptop. modifications are another thing entirely though

who gave him bad advice?

Actually I did state in red that I didn't want any lag reducing mods (stuff like scripts, graphics and stuff) but I decided to try anyway and it seems to have made it slightly faster so thanks smile.gif

But I think I should have been a bit more specific by what I meant by mods. If anyone else has a suggestion then feel free to post. It may help others too.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Runeiverse @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 01:24)
Actually I did state in red that I didn't want any lag reducing mods (stuff like scripts, graphics and stuff) but I decided to try anyway and it seems to have made it slightly faster so thanks smile.gif

But I think I should have been a bit more specific by what I meant by mods. If anyone else has a suggestion then feel free to post. It may help others too.

if you're looking for fps then you should try this

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (unc13bud @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:08)
i know it seems hard to beleive, but english is my first language... and there are some semantics in nuances that  esl readers might miss. he asking about upgrading a LAPTOP because he can't play the game like he wants to (at least that is the way i UNDERSTOOD it). and i am saying that if he chooses the correct settings, he can play with low/medium settings @ 1388x768 with the laptop. modifications are another thing entirely though

who gave him bad advice?

well its not only MY opinion apparently... as others have said you are off topic... and that is a fact (not an opinion) in a court of law your opinion doesnt mean dog sh*t... only the facts, and you went off topic, even the OP said so...

read the post 2 entries above and the op said he wasnt looking for mods, so english may be your first language, but you cant seem to comprehend anything.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

but you cant seem to comprehend anything.

you are the one who comes into every thread telling people they need to buy new computers, when all they wanted to do was run gta iv

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users