GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

user posted image
Official Website

That's right.. Farming Simulator is finally coming to console. Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Release Date: September 2013

Not only has Farming Simulator a great game but it's entertaining for all types of gamers.
September will be the holy month this year it seems for us as GTA V will be releasing this
same month. So we'll definitely have our hands full and hope to plow some fields together!

So far, Farming Simulator 2013 is confirmed to have the following for the consoles;
Welcome to the largest and most exciting farming simulator ever made! Farming Simulator 2013
is bigger and enriched with outstanding content and many new features, challenging you to take
on the role of a modern day farmer.

Animal husbandry, crops, sales. It's up to you to manage and grow your own farm in a huge, totally
new world. As you progress in your career and complete different missions, you'll control more than
a hundred farming vehicles and machines faithfully recreated from the biggest names in the industry:
Case IH, Deutz-Fahr, Lamborghini, Same, Horsch and newcomer Grimme.

This year, Farming Simulator is back with even more diverse crops (sugar beet and potatoes), new
livestock (chicken and sheep) and new vehicles never seen before in a video game!

Features:

Over 100 vehicles and tools
Over 20 licensed brands including Case IH, Deutz-Fahr, Lamborghini, Same, Horsch, Amazone and many more
Career mode with economic system, animal husbandry & purchaseable fields
3 animal types: chicken, sheep & cows

Gameplay:

Here's some in-game screenshots;

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Personally, I'm excited, growing up in the younger days of PC I've always been into the Tycoons and Simulators
since most of them were released with the purchase of a PC and I remember the parents buying one when I was
young and ended up playing Flight Simulator for atleast acouple 100 hours worth of in-game time as well as some
others such as Sim City, Railroad Tycoon, Rollercoaster Tycoon. I played Farming Simulator afew years back and
since my desktop crashed and I heard about this release on the PC back in October, I felt saddened and now it's
available soon for the consoles.. So I'm stoked and can't wait. Between GTA V, Farming Simulator and AC:BFlag..
It's going to be a great year, atleast for myself.. and hopefully they add multiplayer later on like they mentioned,
because some co-op farming would perfect!

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Can we run over animals and chop them to pieces with the Combine Harvester (San Andreas tounge.gif )

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Doubt it. I have a feeling your farms would be sh*tty if you played this lol.gif

dontdieb4september
  • dontdieb4september

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

How about someone makes a proper flight simulator again.. nah not going to happen. icon13.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 22:29)
Doubt it. I have a feeling your farms would be sh*tty if you played this lol.gif

Same.

ot only has Farming Simulator a great game but it's entertaining for all types of gamers.

No offence, but that's the biggest crock Of sh*t i've read since Call Of Duty claimed to be revolutionizing gaming.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

I haven't met one person that didn't enjoy it.. but this is GTAF, so.. Valid point.

It's something different, that's why I enjoy it. It's a good solid break from all the FPS and RPG's. It's actually a good game, have you ever played it?

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

I played the living sh*t out of this on PC for about two weeks. It was a little difficult to explain my obsession to my gaming friends, but it's strangely satisfying to run a large farming operation with a load of different tractors and equipment available, plant and successfully harvest your fields in rotation and then haul your grains to sale. Add in the livestock and it increases the challenge. I'm not sure about this on the 360, though. Part of what kept me glued to FS2013 was the active modding community. The 360 controller worked fine on PC so at least the control won't be much of an issue.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Yeah, I haven't had the chance to play the full version of FS2013 but I have played the demo (PC), it seems very challenging but fun at the same time. Sadly, the console versions won't have multiplayer with release but they say they will patch it in at a later time.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Golf carts for the win!

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Personally, I'd like to see how Nerd3 will see this. It does look like an okay game, but...I want to see the amazing physics.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

So you basically get in your tractor and cut the lawn? wheres the fun in that?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:07)

You have no imagination son, that's the problem. tounge2.gif

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:12)

I have, but not so much when it comes to farming. tounge.gif

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 10:24)

It's a lot more involved than that. Just Google some gameplay vids.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

It's very hands-on. From harvesting, to unloading into trucks, hauling.. it's insanely fun and challenging. Not to mention the amount of equipment that's available.. I think anyone should atleast give it a try, or atleast the demo. Which you can find right here, just look for the 'FREE DEMO!' in the menu.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:26)
QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 10:24)

It's a lot more involved than that. Just Google some gameplay vids.

Yeah im pretty sure its a lot more detailed than that or else people wouldnt have played it. my post was a bit sarcastic. and i've never tried any simulator games before, so i wouldnt know how they exactly work.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

No, your post was a weak troll and borderline spam. If you are not interested in the game, don't post in the topic.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:27 PM Edited by Majestic81, 13 June 2013 - 04:33 PM.

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 16:07)
No, your post was a weak troll and borderline spam. If you are not interested in the game, don't post in the topic.

It wasnt spam, it was a mere question. as i said ive never played any of these games before and wanted to know why people liked them so much. so i asked the question albeit in a sarcastic manner. as long as im not flaming/bashing anyone and the OP have no problem with me posting here then i can post all i want.

But ill be leaving now anyways.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm gonna pick it up because I just love simulators. Not even kidding. I can spend a whole day on Euro Truck Simulator 2 without getting bored because I love realism!

Can't wait for this to release biggrin.gif

dontdieb4september
  • dontdieb4september

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 18:12)
I'm gonna pick it up because I just love simulators. Not even kidding. I can spend a whole day on Euro Truck Simulator 2 without getting bored because I love realism!

lol i actually have euro truck simulator 2 and just like FSX .. its fun at night when you cant be bothered to compete or face any hassle, You just cruise or fly around taking it easy..

It will probably become obsolete for me if GTA V has trucking but its still a chill fun game.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Picked up the 2011 version a couple years ago when it was on sale on steam. Had immense fun in multiplayer with a cousin, running large farming/harvesting operations, combining trailers to make huge truck trains. It's a very nice simulation of the real deal, and can be quite engaging and appealing if you like simulators. Modding as well, add a lot of value to the game.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:15 PM Edited by Gst0395, 13 June 2013 - 07:20 PM.

Hell yeah! F*ck GTA V, this game looks like the sh*t!

In seriousness though, what enjoyment is there to be had in games like this?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 14:15)
Hell yeah! F*ck GTA V, this game looks like the sh*t!

Realism approach to something other than boats, pedestrians and trevor. But why don't you get Farming Sim for your PC and/or console and find out.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 03:15)

Simple, watch this. Granted, not the best video to show you actual gameplay, but still half an hour of hilarious shenanigans.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

They just showed some vehicle carnage.. amusing but not 30mins worth, ffs.

It's a cool game

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (dontdieb4september @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 18:29)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 18:12)

lol i actually have euro truck simulator 2 and just like FSX .. its fun at night when you cant be bothered to compete or face any hassle, You just cruise or fly around taking it easy..

I played Euro Truck Simulator 2. It gets boring after a while though, it's not as fun/addictive as the 18 Wheels series. Flying across Yorkshire at 120mph on 18th gear just doesn't feel the same.

So how's the game's multiplayer GW - what's there to do? Anywho I just checked some mods, and this particular one reminds me a lot of Midtown Madness 2.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

I haven't had the opportunity to play FS2013 on PC/Multi so I can't help you there but the previous Farming Simulators were always fun and exciting.

Nice nostalgia pulling up the 18 Wheels as well, I've put some hours into those games too back in the day and just recently. I actually have 18 Wheels of Steel Across America on my laptop now tounge.gif

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hell, I might try it. I'm a pretty big fan of simulators myself, my personal favorites are Simcity, the Sims (some people may question if it is a simulator), Flight Simulator X and Euro Truck Sim 2.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

It's like a much more advanced version of Farmville. That game became crazy popular at one point, this might relight the fire for all the old lovers of that.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

But a much more complex Farmville. This requires you to control just about every feature of each farming equipment. From throttle, to harvesters, to height and depth. It's a different pace than shoot 'em up, respawn and continue.

It's something that if you play once, you'll end up noticing you played about 3-4hrs in one sitting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users