4 replies to this topic
WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

So today I was a victim of a random Blue Screen Of Death. I am really scared because this is a new PC.

I got the PC in January. I was getting BSOD's all the time because a driver for the printer was a major mess-up. Then when I was messing around with AppData (I wanted to do stuff for Minecraft) and I unhid the folder (sometime in March-April). After unhiding the folder, I was getting "Allway Sync" error bubbles on my task bar.

Now today, I was writing script for a comic I'm making, I had Facebook game turned on and I was listening to radio online. After I almost finished writing, my screen turned black for split-second and then I got scared when BSOD randomly appeared. Computer overheat or old hardware would definetly not be the cause because I can have HD games and over 100 tabs open at the same time and take all that lag and my PC is still new. I also yarrgh'd a game 2 days ago but I dont think this is the problem because I would be getting getting crashes since then.

PS: How to open .dmp files? I opened the error .dmp file in Notepad to check what caused BSOD, there was only random text, long space and "DBRM" or something like that in centre of the very bottom. (Don't have it anymore because it strangely self-deleted)

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening man,

xI Jakk Ix
  • xI Jakk Ix

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

I got one earlier after installing some Windows Updates, nothing to actually worry about IMO unless it is consistent and happens when you do a certain thing.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

Ok, Thank you.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 14 June 2013 - 11:51 AM.

I know why that happened. My PC got hacked by Garda (Irish Police) or a hacker. sad.gif Just now I got my PC blocked and the only thing I have is a screen saying that I "commited a crime" and have to pay 100 Euro within 72 hours or I'll get a lot bigger fine with a possibility of going to prison. My second PC, X360 and PSP are not locked so I can write from these.

Is this really a police lock or a hacker attacking me? Before I got locked, I was getting Java update errors and it was asking for permission to access a website that had "hacker" in the url. I denied and my screen refreshed for a second and then I was looking on Google "how to find out if my computer got hacked" and when I was looking, my screen went white and got a message.

Any tips? cryani.gif

No color this time because I'm typing on Xbox.

EDIT: It turns out that I was Ransomware victim. I successfuly got rid of it (I think) and it's not a problem anymore. Gonna need a Pop-Up blocker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users