Anyone here single?

30 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Anyone here other than me single? I mean, its nothing to be ashamed of, yeah? Especially considering that the last two chicks I dated weren't all that, and since I look like an even uglier version of your average Woodstock attendee, I doubt I'll get a girlfriend anytime soon. But hell, nothing wrong with that, yeah? More time for model trains, modding, and obsessing over Germany!

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

You know, they say being a guitar player gets you all kinds of chicks...

user posted image

Well I'll be the first to tell you that, that is bullsh*t

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:27)
Anyone here other than me single? I mean, its nothing to be ashamed of, yeah? Especially considering that the last two chicks I dated weren't all that, and since I look like an even uglier version of your average Woodstock attendee, I doubt I'll get a girlfriend anytime soon. But hell, nothing wrong with that, yeah? More time for model trains, modding, and obsessing over Germany!

Just to recap what i said once in another thread, Mila Kunis dated Macaulay Culkin for 9 years. And it wasn't for his money as she was famous too. This gives guys hope everywhere!

And on topic, i am single. I've only been single since November so it's no huge deal for me at the moment.

Old World
  • Old World

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

I recently got a girlfriend in the past couple of weeks, but I've been single on-and-off for around 5 years. A couple of brief relationships in those times, but nothing considerable.

It's a mixed bag, really. It's nice to have a girlfriend, but I became so accustomed to staying single that I enjoyed being reliant upon nobody but myself. Relationships are a double-edged sword, at least that's what I find in terms of having a partner. On one half, you wake up in the morning, and that feeling of wondering how your girlfriend/boyfriend is, is a great feeling. Hoping they're okay, wondering what they're doing, when you can next see them, and so forth. On the other hand, I tend to worry about her incessantly. When she doesn't text back, I become somewhat agitated. When she can't see me, I fear maybe she's losing interest. From the looks of things, she is indeed very happy, but there's always that doubt. Hopefully that doubt will dwindle as time passes.

The good times are great, the bad times are awful. She could be getting a new job soon, where she would work in another town, full-time. We would be severely restricted as to when we could see one-another, which makes me feel incredibly down. For her sake I hope she gets the job, for our sake, I don't think there could be anything more damaging to our relationship. I start University in September, so I will indeed be away from home too. I sincerely hope we can make this work.

Being in a relationship has revitalized my life somewhat (however cliche that sounds), but it could potentially negatively impact it if certain things inevitably happen. When me and my ex broke up, I was incredibly distraught.

The benefits outweigh the cons, but as said before, it's a double-edged sword.

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

So this is what rock bottom looks like.

You know it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be.

Elesdee95
  • Elesdee95

Nocturnal

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

You don't have to look good to have girlfriends. I'm a contradictory example: look good and have no girlfriend. And that's since Jan 2012.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Don't worry universetwisters, I'll keep you warm.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

Never have been in proper relationship, maximum has been one week. Can't just find the right one.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Yes I am single. It miffs me off a bit that no one finds me physically or emotionally attractive enough to want to be with me right now. That said self pity aint sexy and things are how they are. Just ogtta keep on rolling and building my self confidence/ lack of giving a f*ck.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Contrary to popular belief, relationships aren't everything. They aren't the key to your happiness as you might think and expecting someone to make you happy is a huge expectation that most likely no one will be able to fulfill. Real, unconditioned happiness doesn't come from people or things.

QUOTE (Old World @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 23:38)
On one half, you wake up in the morning, and that feeling of wondering how your girlfriend/boyfriend is, is a great feeling. Hoping they're okay, wondering what they're doing, when you can next see them, and so forth. On the other hand, I tend to worry about her incessantly. When she doesn't text back, I become somewhat agitated. When she can't see me, I fear maybe she's losing interest. From the looks of things, she is indeed very happy, but there's always that doubt. Hopefully that doubt will dwindle as time passes.

The good times are great, the bad times are awful. She could be getting a new job soon, where she would work in another town, full-time. We would be severely restricted as to when we could see one-another, which makes me feel incredibly down. For her sake I hope she gets the job, for our sake, I don't think there could be anything more damaging to our relationship. I start University in September, so I will indeed be away from home too. I sincerely hope we can make this work.

Either one of you could die tomorrow, all sorts of terrible things could happen. By your logic, you should worry all the time and then what's the point of having a relationship or living anymore? The secret is to not be attached to the current situation. Accept that it can all come to an end anytime and then you will be prepared if it happens. There is no tragedy in that if it happens. Would your life really end then? To think so means to limit yourself.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'm single cos I want to. I'd much rather be on coke binges.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 23:01)
I'm single cos I want to. I'd much rather be on coke binges.

Long as its regular coke and not diet. Buh Dum Dum Tishh.

Worst.Joke.Ever.

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

I'm single because I lack a lot of confidence and I'm ugly haha. But I heard being single is good so whatever.

I've also been single for pretty much all my life. sob sob

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm only 16 so I could honestly care less about having a girlfriend as I put school in first.

Notorious Big
  • Notorious Big

Overlord

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

I had a stable relationship for 2 years till she told me I play Xbox to much... No joke.. I've been single since 2009 aha, couple f*ck buddy that's it..

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 23:22)
I'm only 16 so I could honestly care less about having a girlfriend as I put school in first.

I'm in the same boat as you, but I could care less... Although, I haven't ever tried...
I never known a girl who would go on with a relationship with a guy who was broke, so I'm basically f*cked anyway until I get a more permanent job... and a better car... and a better haircut... and a better physique... lol sigh.gif

I'm 17, and I've never really tried to pursue any kind of relationship because 1) of fear of rejection 2) every girl I have/had an interest in is/was dating someone else 3) I don't have the time to juggle dating, family, jobs, school, etc.

I think one of the girls I like is going to go to the same college as me, so that would be a huge point in my favor. wink.gif

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

I've been in a relationship for 3 to 4 months, we got together on the 27th of February.

I finished my last girlfriend in the same month on the 12th, we had been on and off for 8 months.

Damn I work quick.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

Have been single all my life and always will be. And I'm coming to terms with it and just accepting it.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 01:29)
finished my last girlfriend

So... you made her?

And you finished her in February?

tounge.gif

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

16, never had a gf/ first kiss, mostly because I like girls that I'm either really close too, or out of my league. I feel self-conscious at times, but I know that it'll happen, and when it does it'll be special. blush.gif

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:55 AM Edited by 018361, 13 June 2013 - 03:53 AM.

I am single. As I stated in another thread though, I really don't care much for dating and stuff. I like to live somewhat by myself and I don't really want all the drama that seems to come with dating and relationships in general. Plus if I loved someone and I found out that they were cheating on me or something I don't think I could take it without feeling depressed or suicidal.

@woody I really hope you were not referring to me.

Woody510
  • Woody510

salubrious

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

At least you can always come to GTAF and find boatloads of other sad basement dwellers to reciprocate your attempts to justify your shortcomings. I almost want to reach through my monitor and jack some of you off out of sheer pity. If you feel that you are too ugly, poor, obese, or annoying to find a girlfriend, it's because you're setting your standards too high. You probably are too dumb and grotesque to land a prom queen, but there are plenty of ugly, poor, obese, annoying women out there who are just waiting for you to roll up in your mothers rusty ass minivan and whisk them away to a night filled with crunch wrap supremes and crippling social anxiety. Some say "shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars", but f*ck that, shoot for the girl with a goiter and daddy issues, and at least you'll get something to stick your dick in when you're not too busy writing battlestar galactica fan fiction.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

Damn, sh*t got dark quick.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Woody510 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 02:05)
At least you can always come to GTAF and find boatloads of other sad basement dwellers to reciprocate your attempts to justify your shortcomings. I almost want to reach through my monitor and jack some of you off out of sheer pity. If you feel that you are too ugly, poor, obese, or annoying to find a girlfriend, it's because you're setting your standards too high. You probably are too dumb and grotesque to land a prom queen, but there are plenty of ugly, poor, obese, annoying women out there who are just waiting for you to roll up in your mothers rusty ass minivan and whisk them away to a night filled with crunch wrap supremes and crippling social anxiety. Some say "shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars", but f*ck that, shoot for the girl with a goiter and daddy issues, and at least you'll get something to stick your dick in when you're not too busy writing battlestar galactica fan fiction.

Legit.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Woody510 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 02:05)

I want to get this framed. Failing that, tattoo it across my back.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

I am thinking that this whole topic was made just to bring up model trains again.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

I'm single and live alone and that suits me just fine.

I like women, I like sex and do have it on occasion but being in a relationship has never interested me. I've never been on a date or even asked anyone out. Maybe I am too ugly and shy as well but it doesn't matter because I'm not interested anyway.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

I've been single since 2002.

DrDucky
  • DrDucky

3 days left!

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

Yeah, I'll probably stay single for a while. My last relationship ended like 2 weeks ago because she might move to New Orleans after her long ass family vacation. Lol I started liking her in February but I didn't wanna make a move because I get friend zoned alot. In March I got sent to this correctional school, we started talking alot more because we missed each other & found out we had feelings for each other. Finally I got back to my home school & we went out. Hopefully she stays & we can go out again. We ended because we don't wanna do long distance, so I'm sure she still has feelings.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by Danz., 14 June 2013 - 08:57 PM.

QUOTE (Mockage @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:22)

Using your logic you would end up being single forever, because:

-After school you'd have college and, using your logic, it would be more important than a relationship;
-After college there would be work and it'd be more important than a relationship, right?

Also, you're using your age as an excuse to not date anyone, knowing that the adolescence is the best and cutest phase for a relationship. What is more cute than the love between two teenagers or pre-teens? Maybe I'll think differently as I get older, still... you shouldn't waste much time.

Currently, I am single, but I'm finding my way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users