InFamous: Second Son

147 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

So I finished the game and I must say the last power to get is a massive cluster f*ck of pure awesomeness.

I started again playing on evil and man is feels a lot more better than good

I honestly could care less for the last power. It just feel like you're the hulk. I'll stick to neon for Good and Radio ( Think that's what its called ) for evil. 

To everyone my review of the game. 

I just beat the game ( Hero ) and I'd give it a 8.5/10

Things it did right:
- Multiple powers ( I thought this would be bad at first but it truly lets you play how you want to )

- Graphics ( Yes I say graphics don't matter but for a next gen game they do need to feel believable and this game besides Battlefield 4 look believable )

- Story ( Wasn't the best story that was told or my favorite infamous but it was a decent one )

- Combat ( Has one of the best combat mechanics I've played for a infamous game. I never felt completely OP like Infamous 1 or like my powers do hardly anything like Infamous 2 )

Things I didn't like:
- Enemies ( There really weren't that many different enemies besides for drug dealers and DUI. Most of which are VERY easy to take out )

- Character ( Something Infamous 1 did right was make it believable that the main character could be BOTH Good and Evil. This game makes your character feel more good than evil. Same problem for Infamous 2 )

- Ending ( The ending for this was no where as good as spoiler facing Kessler ( aka Cole from the future or The Beast ( Good ) or  Zek ( Evil). The end fight felt a bit too forced. They should of waited of a bit more and added a few more missions than add a ending. )

That's my review. It could change when I replay it again on the evil side. 

You beat it already?

Is the game short or what?

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

So I finished the game and I must say the last power to get is a massive cluster f*ck of pure awesomeness.

I started again playing on evil and man is feels a lot more better than good

I honestly could care less for the last power. It just feel like you're the hulk. I'll stick to neon for Good and Radio ( Think that's what its called ) for evil. 

To everyone my review of the game. 

I just beat the game ( Hero ) and I'd give it a 8.5/10

Things it did right:
- Multiple powers ( I thought this would be bad at first but it truly lets you play how you want to )

- Graphics ( Yes I say graphics don't matter but for a next gen game they do need to feel believable and this game besides Battlefield 4 look believable )
- Story ( Wasn't the best story that was told or my favorite infamous but it was a decent one )
- Combat ( Has one of the best combat mechanics I've played for a infamous game. I never felt completely OP like Infamous 1 or like my powers do hardly anything like Infamous 2 )

Things I didn't like:
- Enemies ( There really weren't that many different enemies besides for drug dealers and DUI. Most of which are VERY easy to take out )

- Character ( Something Infamous 1 did right was make it believable that the main character could be BOTH Good and Evil. This game makes your character feel more good than evil. Same problem for Infamous 2 )
- Ending ( The ending for this was no where as good as spoiler facing Kessler ( aka Cole from the future or The Beast ( Good ) or  Zek ( Evil). The end fight felt a bit too forced. They should of waited of a bit more and added a few more missions than add a ending. )

That's my review. It could change when I replay it again on the evil side. 

You beat it already?
Is the game short or what?

Not really i think over 20hrs.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

Zeke, his name and voice actor are listed in the credits, so where the hell is he, it's driving me crazy

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

God damn Troy Baker. He's the new Nolan North.

• Rewas likes this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Zeke, his name and voice actor are listed in the credits, so where the hell is he, it's driving me crazy

Spoiler

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

Spoiler

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Loving the paper trail mission, feels like a legit detective

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

Ok so I bougth this game a week ago. Binge played it because the gameplay was/is pretty damn solid. So I firstly did everything that was 'sidequest' related (cleared the entire map/collectibles and such) and then played the story further. At first (not having played that much of the story) I thought the story wasn't as clichéd or stupid. Delsin was (altho in my opinion also a bit of a douchy brat) still a OK main character. His brother was a great character.

But as I progressed the story it became clear the story was actually horrible. I hated the stereotypical/clichéd 'gamer' character that gave you 'video power'. It's just so wrong. And the story after that went downhill big time. 

The only thing that 'really got me' was  that

Spoiler
. And after completing the really short singleplayer I kind of feel empty handed. I expected more challenges, more content, more missions, more side things to do (not just the 'I choose to beat up the NPC's or help the NPC's).

It was a fun, short run. With a rather horrible story and shallow 'open world'. Planning to attempt platinum (which shouldn't be too hard) on this and probably bring it back in. 

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

What really surprised me was the evil ending where Delsin

Spoiler

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

Does this game have near-zero replayability for anyone else?

It doesn't even feel like an open world game to me, it just feels like I'm in a giant level with no objective.

• Osho likes this

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:54 AM

Yeah the game seems to be a one and done type of game.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

Or rather "two and done" since there are two different campaigns, but after that there is no replayability to be found.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

Or rather "two and done" since there are two different campaigns, but after that there is no replayability to be found.

I usually do the hero campaign first just cause it feels better with the story and try to go for 100% on my evil playthrough which gets very repetitive. 

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

I was also really disappointed with the location. The game says it takes place in Seattle, well coming from a native Seattleite, the map doesn't look anything like Seattle. It portrays the Space Needle as tallest building in the city, which is extremely off.

Here's what Seattle looks like for those of you who don't know:

5ov1hd.jpg

Yeah, according to Infamous Seattle is just a tiny town with one landmark. I know it may not be a big deal to you guys, but seeing my city recreated in a video game for the first time was something I was very hyped about so you could probably understand why I'm disappointed.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:05 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM.

They've always said this ever since it was announced. It was never meant to be a 1:1 copy, they just took a small part of seattle and recreated it in their game. Of course it's not going to look like seattle, games like these need an original city inspired from real locations not exact copies.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

Sadly inFamous games have ZERO replay value, that's why I won't buy this one (bought the first two though)

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

They could've used Seattle but give it a fictional name like Empire City or New Marais. Also, I'm kinda bummed about the countryside being locked off.

Dnero
  • Dnero

This Dick Ain't Free

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM Edited by Dnero, 16 April 2014 - 06:33 PM.

Photo Mode

• Rewas likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence Xbox One 4.5 TB - PS4 2 TB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:51 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 25 August 2014 - 07:59 PM.

This was a good first game for the PS4 for me. It deffinatly cought my friends eyes thats never seen the PS4 in action yet. I would like to be able to hide behind stuff but thats okay. I'm liking the abilities your character atchieves. The DLC looks good too.

• poklane likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence Xbox One 4.5 TB - PS4 2 TB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Found this article regarding First Light. I guess it's not dlc but a stand alone game around 4-5 hours of length.

http://www.gamespot....5/1100-6421909/

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

That been known for months now

Johan
  • Johan

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

For those that care, the trophy list is now out.. includes a platinum surprisingly (Possible spoilers)

http://www.playstati...light/trophies/

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:11 AM

For that price, that's the best thing I've seen since Blood Dragon.

Dayuuuumn! :O

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

So, is the standalone DLC worth it? I did one solid playthrough and liked it. Started the second evil one on the hardest difficulty but didn't even get into the city itself.

It was alot of fun. But it bores so damn fast and it has zero replay value (only for trophies which I'll be doing...someday.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

Ask that question in two days

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:19 PM