Photo

InFamous: Second Son

147 replies to this topic
Dnero
  • Dnero

💯

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:25 AM Edited by Dnero, 19 February 2014 - 06:38 PM.

rSRuPqH.png

Boxart

XFZZ3fkh.jpg

Info

Infamous: Second Son is an upcoming open world action-adventure video game, developed by Sucker Punch Productions and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 4 video game console. It will be the third main game in the Infamous series. It was revealed at the PlayStation Meeting on February 20, 2013.[1] It features a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, and takes place several years after the events with Cole MacGrath and the Beast from the first two titles. The game is to be set in Seattle, and is schedule for a early 2014 release. In the June Game Informer cover story, Sucker Punch stated that while Delsin's powers appeared to be smoke based in the reveal trailer, his true power is the ability to copy the abilities of other conduits.

Plot

The game takes place seven years after the events of Infamous 2, where a network of security cameras throughout U.S. cities allows the government to keep a good eye on the population. The government claims that these are used to hunt "bioterrorists" (more specifically, people with Conduit powers like Cole MacGrath), while events from the game indicate that they might be using the cameras for other reasons. The government has created a special force for capturing "bioterrorists", called the D.U.P. (Department of United Protection).
The story begins when graffiti artist Delsin Rowe (Troy Baker) discovers he has the ability to absorb other Conduit powers after he tries to save the people in a burning bus, inadvertently absorbing the power of a conduit who is able to manipulate smoke. The D.U.P. immediately name him a bioterrorist and attempt to arrest him. However, Delsin resists, and uses his powers to fend off the D.U.P. agents. Like previous titles in the series, Delsin's moral choices will affect the story's progression, as well as the abilities he gains access to.

Screens

gAhWQ5Vh.jpg yk23VQkh.jpg

v9nAV6kh.jpg VjGV3Pxh.jpg

yhofap7h.jpg qtcSuOyh.jpg

5Lt3SXCh.jpg EVi8DBHh.jpg

Trailers/Videos

E3 2013 Trailer

Official Gameplay Demo

Release Date:

[March 21st, 2014]

• Dяno likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Cool! Looks awesome. smile.gif

Must Buy

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

The game looks brilliant, and it seems like a good story. I got Infamous 1 and loved it, didn't get Infamous 2 for reasons I don't know. But I really don't like that they're using a non-ficitional city, even though all their cities have been based on non-fictionals (New York, New Orleans) they could of at least called it something different. It kinda feels like GTA using a non-fictional name for a city.

That's my only problem with this game(Albeit a very minor problem) I'll still buy it.. Wow.. Just watched the demo, shiiit that looks nice.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

At first I didn't like this game a bit, supposing it's going to be just as stupid as the previous ones. But this one seems, surprisingly, quite promising. I love the way they give it way more cinematic, movie feeling. Face & motion capture system is astonishing in it.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

That graphics in open world...

its just amazing what graphics we already saw this E3. ( im not speaking about CG Trailers)

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Looks f*cking incredible. Don't really like the new protagonist, though.

Dnero
  • Dnero

💯

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

You know what impressed me the most for an open world game like this? Watch the gameplay video again and look at those shadows, so f*cking smooth man. Like PC shadows and all that, not some blurry ass ones like we currently have in every console game.

I'm a big, BIG fan of this series so all of this has been impressive so far.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Love the ending.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'm abit disapointed with the animations. Looks like they ripped the exact same animations a from the first two games. Since we're playing as another person, atleast new running animations would be nice.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

This game looks like it's going to be THE SH*T! Thumbs all the f*cking way up for this game icon14.gif

Multiplayer is also being rumored. I don't think it's going to happen. Some sites claim it's been confirmed, but I haven't seen proof yet.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• Funny pics dealer
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Definitely looking forward to this. Most of my friends have been 360 guys so InFamous feels very slept on as a really fun open world game. The gen jump forward is obvious as night and day watching those trailers. Def in my top 5 launch games wants.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Can someone explain how the protagonists powers work? I know he can steal people's powers but are you able to do that any time you want in the game?

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 12:50)
Definitely looking forward to this. Most of my friends have been 360 guys so InFamous feels very slept on as a really fun open world game. The gen jump forward is obvious as night and day watching those trailers. Def in my top 5 launch games wants.

Its unfortunately not a PS4 launch title - its releasing sometime in 2014.

Also GTAFan, all we know is that you can steal other conduit's powers. Not much more than that yet.

This game looks sweet and I'm very impressed with the graphics especially. Honestly, I thought that all inFamous games would keep their comic book art-style to suit the game's theme/genre, kinda like Borderlands - but I guess not.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

I can just tell Troy Baker is becoming the new Nolan North.

Anyway, this game looks good and it seems the combat flows much better than the previous games. I haven't played the first one much but the second game is one of my top PS3 games so I have high hopes for this. One thing that I noticed though is that the developers have dropped the cartoon-y look the previous game had.

-Wheatley

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

I love how they said in an interview somewhere InFamous basically started off from the idea to have a San Andreas like game with Super Powers and parkour.
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 19:40)
Can someone explain how the protagonists powers work? I know he can steal people's powers but are you able to do that any time you want in the game?

We don't know this yet, but I doubt it. We'll probably see some other Conduits along the way and take their powers. Also, I think somewhere in the story we might take powers from his brother. If they are from the same parents, there's a good chance he also has the conduit gene, so maybe somewhere in the story we can betray him and take his powers.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

"It was very difficult in a PlayStation 3 timeframe, where you donít have enough RAM to store information about every object in the whole universe. The areas would just be refreshed when you leave and come back. But now we have a lot more to work with."

http://www.playstati...n-is-permanent/

Great.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

I swear Troy baker is everywhere

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 08:56)
"It was very difficult in a PlayStation 3 timeframe, where you donít have enough RAM to store information about every object in the whole universe. The areas would just be refreshed when you leave and come back. But now we have a lot more to work with."

Great.

Permanent destruction? That's f*cking awesome!!! colgate.gif

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 18:19)

Great.

Permanent destruction? That's f*cking awesome!!! colgate.gif

Now that is awesome! Never played inFamous but it seems that this will be my first purchase!

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Never played either of the first two. Not sure why, as they are highly rated & in my favourite genre 'open world action'. I like the destructible environments (needs to be much more of that next gen) & the special moves look OTT fun.

If I'm going to buy Infamous on PS3, what one should I buy, 1 or 2?

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

Great.

Let's hope the destruction isn't limited to a few blocks of bricks and some statues, then.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 15:41)

Great.

Let's hope the destruction isn't limited to a few blocks of bricks and some statues, then.

Well in the gameplay demo, it looked like most of the destructible structures were the temporary ones erected by your enemy (I don't know much about the world in this series). Hopefully it's not just that & there are all different types of destructible environments of all different sizes & materials. The best thing about the entire THQ organization, was the GeoMod tech they developed for the Red Faction games. Now that series is currently cancelled, they couldn't even be bothered to implement it into the Saints Row series, which would've at least given it a unique selling point (other than being childish nonsense).

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Great.

With that much power (PS4) I'm sure it'll be more than that. Have you seen the BF4 MP footage? looks as if almost everything is destructible.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 21:27)

Great.

With that much power (PS4) I'm sure it'll be more than that. Have you seen the BF4 MP footage? looks as if almost everything is destructible.

I already posted it in BF4 Thread. Seems like there will be huge limitations for Next Gen Versions of BF4.

So I wouldnt count on that.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

@Above: Get both if you can. If you're only getting one, I'd say get 2. I didn't play either one of them very much, but I've heard that 2 is better than the first.

Anyway, this game is launching on February 1st, 2014, right?

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 19:27)

Great.

Battlefield 4 MP was played on an Xbox One dev kit (PC) meaning the PS4 will also get a treat

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fellaô

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

I have played, finished and 100% on trophies for both of the two original inFAMOUS games. I am really looking forward to this one as it looks great but I am not too sure about the new protagonist...

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

The first one was great but didn't have much to do after the story. Didn't play the second one I plan on picking it up soon. This looks really good and will probably get this on release if I have a PS4 by then.

Also did Infamous 2 improve the free roaming after the story or is it like the first one?

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 00:23)
The first one was great but didn't have much to do after the story. Didn't play the second one I plan on picking it up soon. This looks really good and will probably get this on release if I have a PS4 by then.

Also did Infamous 2 improve the free roaming after the story or is it like the first one?

Pretty much the same i think, aside the collectibles, the bad/good karma missions and the side missions there's nothing else to do. tounge.gif

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 01:23)

There are still numerous side quests like in the first one, but now there's also User-Created Levels. Within these levels, you will find some really cool, funny, or helpful levels. There are levels that help you get every blast shard, for instance. Levels that have made me chuckle. Levels that are genuinely fun.

So yeah, you'll be much more entertained once you beat inFamous 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users