Fanboyism Resurrects It's Ugly Head

76 replies to this topic
Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 13:17)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:43)
QUOTE (mufc @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 06:50)
The failure of the console which is trying to take away our consumer rights is a good thing. Fanboyism is gay as f*ck but this time it's warranted!

This is kinda why I'm a bit happy, I don't really care all that much for used games, but I feel the line has to be drawn, otherwise used DVDs will follow suit when Microsoft.is seen to get away with it.
Also I don't want the drm progressing to not allow more than x amount of viewers on one game or whatever.

Redx, shut up, he likes the Xbox One better, it's stupid, but whatever, if he wants to, just leave it, you start retarded arguments all the time for no reason at all, wwinterjj was obviously trying to be neutral in why he chose the Xbone, just leave it.

Yet you come here to troll. You are not better then me. In fact I don't have to tell someone to sh*t up to prove a point. But I guess I should question your intelligence.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time. "You come here to troll".
Wat. I can only think of one post out of 9000 that I have made that could warrant as trolling.

I am not trying to prove any point,I agree with you that the playstation 4 is better, I just don't understand why you must start arguments absolutely everywhere about it, even when People like wwinter j simply state that they will purchase it anyway despite not favouring it, let them do that, if they wantto own all consoles for those exclusive games, they should be allowed to. Once again you're starting an argument, then when someone gives up because you won, or because you cannot grasp your points you start throwing insults (questioning intelligence remark, troll remark) and prance around proclaiming you're right, everyone else is wrong. It's a an unhealthy obsession of being right you have, people like you generally don't get far in life until they decide to be more open/admit they are wrong. You are a perfect conspiracy theorist candidate, Arrogant, Unwilling to accept any opinion other than your own as correct despite any evidence, perfect example being when multiple protagonists were so damn obvious, but you just continued to call everyone idiots despite any evidence, you couldn't even consider the possibility you were wrong.

Anyway end of rant, I'm asking you not to reply, I've ignored you for some time in the V section and I will ignore further replies here, so don't waste your fingers, or if you do, inbox me, because you've managed to derail another topic with a petty argument, ironically you are the kind of person who this topic was specifically talking about.
When you purchase a game with the X1 you will be purchasing a license. By purchasing and using this license, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth by Microsoft and the publishers. It's all about the license for use, not a physical product. Don't consider this a violation of your consumer rights, it isn't.

Sure thing, most of us understand that, but you've Gotta draw the line somewhere, otherwise when you walk into a Walmart and accept their terms and conditions of entry, they can strip search you when you leave. Microsoft stated to an Australian inquiry on why they charge more here as opposedto the US, they said for us to vote with our wallets, otherwise their not changing
, we need to do that here in order to draw the line. I'll find the link to that later, it's tricky to do on my phone, and sorry for errors.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

I was looking forward to the new Xbox but the stupid-ass DRM completely ruined it for me. Now I bash it whenever I have the chance. Am I bashing it because I think Sony, a multi-billion dollar corporation is my bro? No. I bash it because I am sick and tired of stupid sh*t that punishes the majority for something the incredibly small minority does (piracy) OR for doing things that we can and have done with every single one of our other products (buy used, sell, etc.).

Anyone who buys that sh*t is helping to ruin the industry. There's no gray area or "oh gawd, stahp beeing a fanboy!" When it comes to products and services from major corporations, we vote with our wallets; anyone buying an Xbox One while it still has DRM is telling the entire industry that "hey, I'm fine with DRM, I don't want to play single player games offline and won't mind my console + games being paperweight when MS decides to no longer support it." They don't give a sh*t if you kick and scream about it as long as they get your money.

It's not about fanboyism, it's about consumer rights and standing up for them. Microsoft notices that everyone is going apesh*t on them, that they did not meet expected sales, and that both of their competitors do not have the DRM? They'll most likely remove it.

On the other hand, both Sony and Nintendo deserve at least a pat in the back for not going the way of MS and punishing their own costumers with stupid bullsh*t.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (mufc @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:50)
The failure of the console which is trying to take away our consumer rights is a good thing. Fanboyism is gay as f*ck but this time it's warranted!

This sums it up for me. icon14.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

The main fact is anyone who has made up there mind that a certain console has won allready 3 months prior to release is a fool. The thought that you can predict the entire consumer market with your own opinion is beyond me. It's only time that will tell in the end who wins, just like the ps3 in the last era.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 04:46)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 13:17)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:43)
QUOTE (mufc @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 06:50)

This is kinda why I'm a bit happy, I don't really care all that much for used games, but I feel the line has to be drawn, otherwise used DVDs will follow suit when Microsoft.is seen to get away with it.
Also I don't want the drm progressing to not allow more than x amount of viewers on one game or whatever.

Redx, shut up, he likes the Xbox One better, it's stupid, but whatever, if he wants to, just leave it, you start retarded arguments all the time for no reason at all, wwinterjj was obviously trying to be neutral in why he chose the Xbone, just leave it.

Yet you come here to troll. You are not better then me. In fact I don't have to tell someone to sh*t up to prove a point. But I guess I should question your intelligence.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time. "You come here to troll".
Wat. I can only think of one post out of 9000 that I have made that could warrant as trolling.

I am not trying to prove any point,I agree with you that the playstation 4 is better, I just don't understand why you must start arguments absolutely everywhere about it, even when People like wwinter j simply state that they will purchase it anyway despite not favouring it, let them do that, if they wantto own all consoles for those exclusive games, they should be allowed to. Once again you're starting an argument, then when someone gives up because you won, or because you cannot grasp your points you start throwing insults (questioning intelligence remark, troll remark) and prance around proclaiming you're right, everyone else is wrong. It's a an unhealthy obsession of being right you have, people like you generally don't get far in life until they decide to be more open/admit they are wrong. You are a perfect conspiracy theorist candidate, Arrogant, Unwilling to accept any opinion other than your own as correct despite any evidence, perfect example being when multiple protagonists were so damn obvious, but you just continued to call everyone idiots despite any evidence, you couldn't even consider the possibility you were wrong.

Anyway end of rant, I'm asking you not to reply, I've ignored you for some time in the V section and I will ignore further replies here, so don't waste your fingers, or if you do, inbox me, because you've managed to derail another topic with a petty argument, ironically you are the kind of person who this topic was specifically talking about.
When you purchase a game with the X1 you will be purchasing a license. By purchasing and using this license, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth by Microsoft and the publishers. It's all about the license for use, not a physical product. Don't consider this a violation of your consumer rights, it isn't.

Sure thing, most of us understand that, but you've Gotta draw the line somewhere, otherwise when you walk into a Walmart and accept their terms and conditions of entry, they can strip search you when you leave. Microsoft stated to an Australian inquiry on why they charge more here as opposedto the US, they said for us to vote with our wallets, otherwise their not changing
, we need to do that here in order to draw the line. I'll find the link to that later, it's tricky to do on my phone, and sorry for errors.

I won't get far in life? Judgmental much? You see this as a argument but I see this as a discussion. People who get far in life lie and cheat their way. I know some of those people and I told myself I would never be like that. Unlike most people on here I'm not afraid if I'm wrong or right. I will defend what I'm saying until the very end. People like me keep change in this world while others are push overs. I'm not perfect cause no one is but I can see the wrong in me. If I show that then I'm weak. I use to be nicer on the forum while I'll never get a respond. Now with me being like this my voice will be heard. But once again do you really think I care if you or anyone on this forum likes me? Honestly I have real friends that like me and I don't need ones I don't know. I respect those who respect me.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:03 AM Edited by finn4life, 12 June 2013 - 07:07 AM.

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 16:43)
The main fact is anyone who has made up there mind that a certain console has won allready 3 months prior to release is a fool. The thought that you can predict the entire consumer market with your own opinion is beyond me. It's only time that will tell in the end who wins, just like the ps3 in the last era.

There have been several polls about it here, and on many sites, almost all of them are about 5 to 1 in the ps4's favour.

Here, a poll after e3 with 30000 votes, 80% favour ps4.

http://www.thesun.co...ne-e3-poll.html

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

Fanboyism is moronic, and saying you are a fanboy you are confirming you are a moron.

We make decsions based off the games the consoles have and the features they offer.

Nintendo was the king for me in the early days, then it switched to Playstation, then I got an Xbox 360, I feel the PS3 only failed due to delayed release and slightly due to being a bit more expensive, though this time around it was anyones fight until Microsoft dug their own grave.

I really wanted it to be a clear cut win for Xbox so I could just continue using that service but they shat all over us.

Online requirement and kinect needing to be plugged in killed all hope. Both of these features are not needed and are only to force what Microsoft wants its customers and gaming base to be like. Once online only and kinect users are standardized they can force god knows what on you.

There is no valid reason for needing to check in every 24 hours, it is only to stop people installing games on other consoles and playing offline with that gaming library for free, it is purely DRM bullsh*t again. If they remove the ability to play games without the discs, the online requirement and the used game issue wouldnt exist.

If the games can be played offline for 24 hours then it means there is no reason they cant be played offline forever. It is all bullsh*t that I don't want to be a part of.

Sony seems to understand based off the recent interview. Get the consumers on your side, if you have restrictions explain exactly why they are there and why you benefit from it. Microsoft didn't explain any of that, they didn't even try to give any reasons or benefits from these forced things it is all just to serve them.

So f*ck them.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

The only thing I'm happy about is that I can buy a console that doesn't try to take away my consumer rights. I don't care about the console war, I care about the war on consumer rights. That is why I still hope that Xbone won't sell well enough. I don't want them to fail though. That would give Sony a monopoly and that's never a good thing. I just want Xbone to fail enough to make them reconsider their online and no used sales policy.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:03)

There have been several polls about it here, and on many sites, almost all of them are about 5 to 1 in the ps4's favour.

Here's another one; 80% say PS4 comes first and only 295 of the 8200ish polled voted for Xbox One to come first.

http://www.gamefaqs.....html?poll=5116

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

I'm not happy about Xbox's failure. But, to be honest, I truly found it mildly humorous how they couldn't see it coming. I'm studying engineering, so I know nothing about markets and business and whatever.However, even I know that a communist console will NOT be received very well by the gaming community. How on earth could Xbox look at their new console and think, "People are gonna love this sh*t?" Twitter and Facebook are exploding with ex-Xbox fanboys announcing their conversion to the Ps4.

I'm not happy that they failed, but it was all self inflicted and I'm not going to purchase a next gen console for 3 - 4 years so... I really don't care.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

Can't you see that by buying the XB1 you're saying to microsoft: "Go right ahead, nah you don't need to use lupe".

If the XB1 sells well dsspite all the sh*t Microsoft is pulling, it's only a matter of time before every other console implements the same anti-consumeristic sh*t aswell.
You're hurting the games market. Plain and simple.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

I don't see how these types of Fanboys are bad, Unless you consider fanboys of freedoms and rights bad, then you sir, Are a terrible person.

PS4 is shaping up to be the dominate force next-gen.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

Every breath you take, xBox is watching you.
smile.gif

It is scary.. o_O

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 18:37)
Can't you see that by buying the XB1 you're saying to microsoft: "Go right ahead, nah you don't need to use lupe".

If the XB1 sells well dsspite all the sh*t Microsoft is pulling, it's only a matter of time before every other console implements the same anti-consumeristic sh*t aswell.
You're hurting the games market. Plain and simple.

Exactly, Microsoft rips customers off in Australia, just like every other big company, everyone complains about it, and a governmental enquiry in Australia was undertaken and they queried Microsoft about this, Microsoft simply replied.

"Consumers should vote with their wallet."
Which is a PR spin-off for "We don't give a sh*t till we lose money."

Here is the source, like I said I would post it earlier.
http://www.abc.net.a...-prices/4624376

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 07:19)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:03)

Here's another one; 80% say PS4 comes first and only 295 of the 8200ish polled voted for Xbox One to come first.

http://www.gamefaqs.....html?poll=5116

When it's sales figures I will take more notice. People have no idea what each console maker has planned down the road and could change the game entirely.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 07:41)
I don't see how these types of Fanboys are bad, Unless you consider fanboys of freedoms and rights bad, then you sir, Are a terrible person.

The defined term is to indicate someone is inclined to blindly purchase one company's products over another. And for any reason that is a stupid way to go about it.

By people purchasing the Xbox One, they are saying to Microsoft, "people don't like these features but it doesnt bother me, you can fist my ass and I don't mind" If people don't complain and cause a noise, they will only just slip deeper penalties for gaming further into your recal area.

The bottom line is when the average person goes into a store and sees two consoles out the same time, one is 100 cheaper than the other, AND doesnt need to be online as well as more powerful, I think it is an obvious choice.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:51 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 12 June 2013 - 06:20 PM.

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:16)
Fanboyism is moronic, and saying you are a fanboy you are confirming you are a moron.

We make decsions based off the games the consoles have and the features they offer.

Nintendo was the king for me in the early days, then it switched to Playstation, then I got an Xbox 360, I feel the PS3 only failed due to delayed release and slightly due to being a bit more expensive, though this time around it was anyones fight until Microsoft dug their own grave.

I really wanted it to be a clear cut win for Xbox so I could just continue using that service but they shat all over us.

Online requirement and kinect needing to be plugged in killed all hope. Both of these features are not needed and are only to force what Microsoft wants its customers and gaming base to be like. Once online only and kinect users are standardized they can force god knows what on you.

There is no valid reason for needing to check in every 24 hours, it is only to stop people installing games on other consoles and playing offline with that gaming library for free, it is purely DRM bullsh*t again. If they remove the ability to play games without the discs, the online requirement and the used game issue wouldnt exist.

If the games can be played offline for 24 hours then it means there is no reason they cant be played offline forever. It is all bullsh*t that I don't want to be a part of.

Sony seems to understand based off the recent interview. Get the consumers on your side, if you have restrictions explain exactly why they are there and why you benefit from it. Microsoft didn't explain any of that, they didn't even try to give any reasons or benefits from these forced things it is all just to serve them.

So f*ck them.

This precisely summed up my thoughts. icon14.gif

Microsoft are arrogantly going down a self serving path. It's one thing to use these features, which would turn off any gamer in their right mind, but then to come in and say it's to make everything better, or that it's there to protect the consumer. They are taking us people who were going to stick with Microsoft for granted, just assuming we are going to buy whatever bullsh*t they are slinging.

EDIT: That's the reason why I am relishing Sony's conference, and Microsoft looking like fools. I don't hold any allegiance to either of them. If Sony said they were going down the same path, I would probably have bought neither, or at least would not be excited about either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users