Photo

Fanboyism Resurrects It's Ugly Head

76 replies to this topic
wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

It's opinion because everyone can think for themselves. It's personal preference because everyone likes different things. I'm been vague as it's clear you haven't read all my previous post. If you did then there is no need for explanation.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:43)
It's opinion because everyone can think for themselves. It's personal preference because everyone likes different things. I'm been vague as it's clear you haven't read all my previous post. If you did then there is no need for explanation.

So you even admit you're buying a PS4 first. I don't think cause of you buying PS series first but cause PS4 is all around a better system.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

You believe what you wish. I've explained my reasons. Take them anyway you want fella. Again it's all down to personal preference. Doesn't mean I've no interest in other systems.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:51)
You believe what you wish. I've explained my reasons. Take them anyway you want fella. Again it's all down to personal preference. Doesn't mean I've no interest in other systems.

So its personal preference to have to turn you console on every 24 hours. Is it also personal preference that you can't borrow games? Didn't think so. The only thing personal preference can be said about is controller.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

I'm disgusted by what Xbox has become. At first it was about games, now it's about how best to market useless sh*t. I'm kind of surprised that there are people who are loyal to Microsoft even after the used games thing and the online once a day was revealed. To each their own, I guess.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:57)
So its personal preference to have to turn you console on every 24 hours. Is it also personal preference that you can't borrow games? Didn't think so. The only thing personal preference can be said about is controller.

We are talking about what system is better. To me there both equal because of the games. The games make a system to me if I didn't make that clear already. As to what system has the better games that's personal preference. I find it amusing this topic is is how fanboys and console wars are pathetic and yet you seem to want to try and start one with someone who simply has no loyalty to any brand. yawn.gif

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:04)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:57)

We are talking about what system is better. To me there both equal because of the games. The games make a system to me if I didn't make that clear already. As to what system has the better games that's personal preference. I find it amusing this topic is is how fanboys and console wars are pathetic and yet you seem to want to try and start one with someone who simply has no loyalty to any brand. yawn.gif

Its funny how you can't accept that the PS4 is better with the simple facts I said. Xbox One will require you to go online once in a 24 hour period and you can't borrow games. You seem to forget that. Seems like your loyal to M$.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

It seems to me you have trouble reading. suicidal.gif

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:15)
It seems to me you have trouble reading. suicidal.gif

Games is the most important thing to a console but if a console restricts you then that console isn't very that good.

This is the point I was trying to make.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

Fair enough. I respect your opinion. colgate.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (mufc @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 06:50)
The failure of the console which is trying to take away our consumer rights is a good thing. Fanboyism is gay as f*ck but this time it's warranted!

This is kinda why I'm a bit happy, I don't really care all that much for used games, but I feel the line has to be drawn, otherwise used DVDs will follow suit when Microsoft.is seen to get away with it.
Also I don't want the drm progressing to not allow more than x amount of viewers on one game or whatever.

Redx, shut up, he likes the Xbox One better, it's stupid, but whatever, if he wants to, just leave it, you start retarded arguments all the time for no reason at all, wwinterjj was obviously trying to be neutral in why he chose the Xbone, just leave it.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 12 June 2013 - 12:49 AM.

Am the only one who finds the whole thing completely retarded? I understand the concern with the 24 hour login thing and used games, but it still wouldn't stop me from buying an Xbox One.

The last two generations I've started off with Playstation and I want a change starting with the Xbox this time around. I used to be a mega Playstation fanboy in the day, but then I realised "what's the point"?

I'm a huge fan of the Forza series and Forza 5 would be one of the prime reasons why I'd buy an Xbox One.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 15:51)
and this is coming from the good times back in the days of "blast processing".

Pee'd a little...thanks.

People are quick to jump, and people are also stubborn. I'm always half convinced that people deep down inside want to 'change their mind' or 'take back' what they said, but because of being stubborn and having stood behind an argument or what-have-ya they don't want to embarrass themselves by having to admit they might have been wrong.

The wanting to see something/someone fail is a sad ass human trait. I've actually seen people lavish in the collapse of their fellow co-workers careers. People that instead of taking 2 seconds to provide a simple helping hand, just stand aside and pretended they couldn't help.

Just as there will always be religious fanatics, there will always be close minded fanboys. Thank goodness the world is a forever changing place.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

I've been gloating a little bit, but only to the Xbot fanboys. I understand competition is great & all - I explain this to my friends when they rhetorically ask why there can't be just one console.

Its just so refreshing because this gen was pretty much equal with regard to the PS3/Xbox. Granted the PS3 had better performance and more & generally better exclusives, but Xbox had dtrong servers and cross game chat, which gave it a lot of sales.

After seeing countless internet comments bashing my system which I am passionate about, you're damn right I'm gonna do a little gloating in front of those douchebags when their console fails. xmas.gif

Dear x Sergio
  • Dear x Sergio

︻╦╤─ ٩๏̯͡๏

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

I have a PS4 pre-ordered in full. I have never before purchased a PlayStation console. I have purchased the XBOX and the XBOX 360 for the past 2 generations.

I'm clearly not a PlayStation fanboy, but oh, I laugh at the shortcomings of the XBOX Done. It's just comical to me. They tried to shove a bunch of bullsh*t down my throat and thought that I would simply accept it like a sheep. Ha! They've ruined Halo, my favorite console FPS of all time (CE and 2, particularly) and their flagship exclusive title. They did it on purpose, too, in an attempt to cater to a hypothetical market of CoD sheep. I didn't buy Reach nor 4, and I absolutely laugh at how poor they turned out. Now they're trying to sell me an overpriced, under-performing, restricted console over competition that simply blows it away.

What in the f*ck were they thinking? And yeah, I laugh. Hard.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by wwinterj, 12 June 2013 - 01:11 AM.

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 01:43)
Redx, shut up, he likes the Xbox One better, it's stupid, but whatever, if he wants to, just leave it, you start retarded arguments all the time for no reason at all, wwinterjj was obviously trying to be neutral in why he chose the Xbone, just leave it.

The f*ck?.... I've said multiple times I prefer PS4. The point is however I like all consoles and will buy all consoles so you're correct I am neutral. colgate.gif

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:48)
The wanting to see something/someone fail is a sad ass human trait. I've actually seen people lavish in the collapse of their fellow co-workers careers. People that instead of taking 2 seconds to provide a simple helping hand, just stand aside and pretended they couldn't help.

Their are exceptions though. Xbox One deserves a flop because Microsoft need a good f*cking kick up the back-side. You think they would of just stopped there ? They thrive for control, to make sure they can suck as much income as possible from the consumer, taking away rights that had no need to be tempered with. The only features a games console developer should consider are features that help the consumer. I have a pretty stable internet connection and hardly ever rent used games but that doesn't mean I think a mandatory check 24 hour check is needed or they should cull used games for their own profit.

Neither feature benefited consumers, they make no difference to gameplay, power or useability. It's purely for control and personally I think that's wrong and I am glad the majority of the internet agree as well.

Microsoft have been so f*cking retarded recently a slap to the face is needed. This happened to Sony with the PS3, so may the 3 generation myth is true.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:46)
It's quite sad seeing all the comments of people saying Xbox One failed and PS4 is great and they "won." What the f*ck did you win? Both are companies trying to make some money. This brand-f*cking is grotesque.

No, What is grotesque is Microsoft's complete lack of concern for the laws and right's of the American [and possibly European] citizens. Know your rights.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 21:16)
QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:48)

Their are exceptions though. Xbox One deserves a flop because Microsoft need a good f*cking kick up the back-side. You think they would of just stopped there ? They thrive for control, to make sure they can suck as much income as possible from the consumer, taking away rights that had no need to be tempered with. The only features a games console developer should consider are features that help the consumer. I have a pretty stable internet connection and hardly ever rent used games but that doesn't mean I think a mandatory check 24 hour check is needed or they should cull used games for their own profit.

Neither feature benefited consumers, they make no difference to gameplay, power or useability. It's purely for control and personally I think that's wrong and I am glad the majority of the internet agree as well.

Microsoft have been so f*cking retarded recently a slap to the face is needed. This happened to Sony with the PS3, so may the 3 generation myth is true.

I was trying to stay topical to the discussion. I don't want to see a nicely thought out topic just turn into another sh*t on this/sh*t on that type of thread. But trust me...I'm with you.

I waited until the last questions were answered before I had any real thoughts. If Sony was going to have a similar model as MS I was willing to accept that as a general change in the gaming industry/market. I'd even have been willing to pay the extra $100 to stay with XBox. The only reason I entered the console world with a Xbox a few years ago was the price. If PS was cheaper I'd have a PS now.

I enjoy my kinect(no lie), and would have liked to have the next kinect. Here is the game changer for me...bear with me on the lead in. I live in the 5th largest city in the US. We have electricity, running water, and all that stuff. I've had home internet since around '92-'93. Believe it or not it is possible to have a 24+hr internet outage. Currently during those outages I play console games while my wife plays tablet games.

Sorry to rant OT.

"Xbox One deserves a flop"
change that to
"MS might learn a difficult lesson"
and it just sounds nicer. tounge2.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

L.S.P.D.
  • L.S.P.D.

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

Final score is PS4 and Xbox One

M$ got themselves to blame for the backlash

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:43)
The failure of the console which is trying to take away our consumer rights is a good thing. Fanboyism is gay as f*ck but this time it's warranted!

This is kinda why I'm a bit happy, I don't really care all that much for used games, but I feel the line has to be drawn, otherwise used DVDs will follow suit when Microsoft.is seen to get away with it.
Also I don't want the drm progressing to not allow more than x amount of viewers on one game or whatever.

Yet you come here to troll. You are not better then me. In fact I don't have to tell someone to sh*t up to prove a point. But I guess I should question your intelligence.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 01:37)
"Xbox One deserves a flop"
change that to
"MS might learn a difficult lesson"
and it just sounds nicer. tounge2.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Fair enought Trip, I appreciate your positive attitude. I don't want Microsoft to crumble, I just want them to take a step back and learn a prefect harmony between income and consumer happiness is obtainable, and more importantly a self-fulling cycle. You make customers happy, they buy more products, make the customers more happy etc etc

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:49)
I've been gloating a little bit, but only to the Xbot fanboys. I understand competition is great & all - I explain this to my friends when they rhetorically ask why there can't be just one console.

Its just so refreshing because this gen was pretty much equal with regard to the PS3/Xbox. Granted the PS3 had better performance and more & generally better exclusives, but Xbox had dtrong servers and cross game chat, which gave it a lot of sales.

After seeing countless internet comments bashing my system which I am passionate about, you're damn right I'm gonna do a little gloating in front of those douchebags when their console fails. xmas.gif

Well the PS4 is better but most stubborn forum member won't accept it.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:17)

Yet you come here to troll. You are not better then me. In fact I don't have to tell someone to sh*t up to prove a point. But I guess I should question your intelligence.

I love that you admitted you are a troll though I don't believe you realized it. Also, nice respect list: I respect anyone who respects me. I don't however respect people when they feel above someone, think their opinion is fact, make the same useless threads over and over, and if they can't respond in a positive matter.

Now to switch gears.

I'm curious if and more when Mircosoft will start backtracking from their DRM features on Xbox One, more so the 24 hour check in. To me, that is biggest issue. Yet, I don't believe it will effect me very much given that I have wireless broadband.

I don't know when I will upgrade consoles (I have both a PS3 and 360). I liked what is saw for Ryse and Project Spark though did not really care for any of the exclusives I saw for PS4 (though I'm sure I would look forward to anything that Naughty Dog puts out).

The only game that would cause me to upgrade immediately might be Witcher 3 and whatever comes out next from Bethesda.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

When you purchase a game with the X1 you will be purchasing a license. By purchasing and using this license, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth by Microsoft and the publishers. It's all about the license for use, not a physical product. Don't consider this a violation of your consumer rights, it isn't.

I'm not saying Microsoft's decision do to so right or wrong, as far as business ethics are concerned, but don't call this something it clearly isn't.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 19:43)

Have to agree with this

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 02:55)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:17)

I love that you admitted you are a troll though I don't believe you realized it. Also, nice respect list: I respect anyone who respects me. I don't however respect people when they feel above someone, think their opinion is fact, make the same useless threads over and over, and if they can't respond in a positive matter.

Now to switch gears.

I'm curious if and more when Mircosoft will start backtracking from their DRM features on Xbox One, more so the 24 hour check in. To me, that is biggest issue. Yet, I don't believe it will effect me very much given that I have wireless broadband.

I don't know when I will upgrade consoles (I have both a PS3 and 360). I liked what is saw for Ryse and Project Spark though did not really care for any of the exclusives I saw for PS4 (though I'm sure I would look forward to anything that Naughty Dog puts out).

The only game that would cause me to upgrade immediately might be Witcher 3 and whatever comes out next from Bethesda.

This isn't my opinion if you read the whole thing. In where did I say I was a troll? I said I like how you came here to troll? If enough people think one thing is better then it truly is. If you say Opinions don't matter that means awards don't matter like gaming awards for example.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

All of this console warring is childish if you ask me. I just think the Xbox ONE sucks, and I will get a PlayStation 4. I'm not taking it overboard by bashing people that still think it's good. In fact, if you can find something good about the Xbox ONE that makes you want to buy it, props to ya, amigo Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif I respect it. But you have to realize, ThePinkFloydSound, that is indeed a serious situation. Xbox is the foundation of gaming for many people. Hardcore gamers that grew up with the Xbox brand are flipping their lids because they won't be able to enjoy the same ole sh*t that made them love gaming. The sh*t-storm that is happening right now is understandable.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 03:55)
Project Spark

This game also has me interested. Reminds me of LittleBigPlanet and I love that game. inlove.gif

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by Ronmar The Only, 12 June 2013 - 03:24 AM.

"Yet you come here to troll. You are not better then me."

I will admit I'm reading those statements in conjunction in a way that most may not, but here you go since the Heat are getting the sh*t beat out of them and I'm tried of reading for an article I'm supposed to write.

You accuse the other person of trolling. You then say the user is not better than you. To me, given the method of your comments and your respect list, I believe you are a troll, therefore I take the comment of "You are not better then me" as stating that that person is not a better troll.

"If enough people think one thing is better then it truly is."

Ummm, yeah, that entirely true. Also, that is called sarcasm I just used there.

"If you say Opinions don't matter that means awards don't matter like gaming awards for example."

When did I ever say opinions don't matter? And that something won a gaming award is a fact. That because something won a gaming award means it is obviously the best of that category is not a fact.

EDIT ---

Project Spark is certainly Mircosoft's answer to LittleBigPlanet. I picked up LittleBigPlanet finally with it being given free after the PSN outage, but never really played it. I'm going to have to correct that soon.

I don't really have the time probably to create my own places, depending on the complexity (referring to a time quality), but certainly look forward to what other people come up.

What really has me curious is how expansive the game modes that you create are. LittleBigPlanet was quite restrictive original (only a depth filled 2D field) but the sequel was quite more open. Given that the pc jumped into a mech, I'm quite curious how expansive it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users