57 replies to this topic
blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Notorious Big @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:48)
I use to be the same way till a f*ckin white dude called my dad a ni**er.... We don't play that sh*t... Ever since then I have been no longer my quiet self I took notice to all the small things that happen in life, don't be like me.. I'm like a stick of TNT waiting to explode every day..

Just curious, how old are you?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (blitz @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:41)
I use to be the same way till a f*ckin white dude called my dad a ni**er.... We don't play that sh*t... Ever since then I have been no longer my quiet self I took notice to all the small things that happen in life, don't be like me.. I'm like a stick of TNT waiting to explode every day..

12-14 I'm guessing.. and probably the kid that GETS bullied.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

I used to be like this, until a gay black dude squared up to me and I smacked him, then he came back a couple of days after so I smacked him again, haven't saw him since..

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

Try some of these:

user posted image

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 16:54)
QUOTE (Elesdee95 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 21:47)
Highschool but never had problems there.

Man, you have to be worried about more important sh*t in high school instead of fighting.

It seems like he's just curious. There's nothing wrong with wanting to know how to properly defend oneself. Being concerned with/worried about fighting in a teenage school setting isn't a choice. He is surrounded by young men who are learning to cope with their new found testosterone and can be belligerent pricks in the process.

One could ignore the social dynamics of fighting and suffer the consequences as a result. Or one could learn to defend themselves so they don't look like a "bitch"; but more importantly don't end up getting hurt. Though the latter is more important, the social consequences that come with running with your tail between your legs and/or appearing weak can be far more detrimental to ones health than the typical high school ass kicking. For one, it can lead to additional fights from people "testing" you, bullying, and social alienation that leads to depression. Not saying he should be quick to fight. Just saying that fighting isn't an element of socializing that he can wish away.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

Everyone at a time of their life will suffer from bullying, even bullies get picked on by other bullies. its just something that'll pass and you'll forget about it soon.
and if your flag is accurate then yeah fights there can be tough sometimes. the reason you're afraid is because you think that something bad is gonna happen, well you shouldnt. high school fights are nothing serious, teenagers at that time are full of sh*t. as you grow older you'll look back and realize how stupid these fights were. the worst thing they can do is talk sh*t to you and well give you a bruise and that if the fight got really heated. its something that will pass and a week later you'll forget about it. just dont overthink it and you'll be fine.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 07:38)

I do think our society has gotten unhealthily scared of fighting as Fight Club best put it by saying, "We are a generation of men raised by women"; but that's another argument. We should all be taught some sort of martial arts coming up. Most martial arts promote peace as it's usually the untrained fighter who instigates these days.

Well put.
@THe OP, Fighting isn't dumb by the way, it's instinctive, but whatever.

Elesdee95
  • Elesdee95

Nocturnal

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Fighting might be dumb, but I wasn't even fighting and I was already scared.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Fighting is survival, the human species have been fighting for centuries, barehanded as well. But others encouraging him to learn martial arts or any forms of fighting are only making it worse. There's always someone out there that can and will kick your ass, no matter your experience. The best option is to resist fighting if possible.. if not, hope you don't have a glass jaw.

How old are you anyways man? If you're pre-teen or a little younger, it's normal I'm sure.. though some of us were a bit tougher growing up but there's nothing wrong with you.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 12:34)
There's always someone out there that can and will kick your ass, no matter your experience. The best option is to resist fighting if possible.. if not, hope you don't have a glass jaw.

And that's exactly why you should learn a form of martial art. If someone isn't going to back down as you try to walk away, is it not better to be prepared to defend yourself? As for there always being someone bigger and better than you, there's no denying that, but by learning martial arts you can significantly reduce the amount of people who can actually do some damage to you simply because you now have the skill to be able to stop that person. Fair enough, it isn't going to work every single time, but at least you increase your chances of coming out unharmed.

Martial arts isn't about "I have a black belt so I'm going to beat the living sh*t out of people", it's about being able to defend yourself, and others if necessary, by being able to take out your opponent in a non-lethal yet highly effective way.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Lesotho

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

I was the same as a young kid to be honest. I'd got scared when I witnessed fights in primary school which weren't really fights to be honest because nobody can really fight at like 5-6 years old. I used to let people walk all over me when I was younger because the thought of a fight would frighten me; found it strange as my Dad always encouraged me to stick up for myself.

Not so much the same anymore, there was a time in High school where I saw one of my mates get punched by some kn*bhead that nobody liked and I just headbutted him, I didn't even think about it, was just a reaction. Since then I've only had one fight, but I fighting is my last resort and I don't normally get started on because I'm rather big and look intimidating and aggressive, apparently...

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Just watch Rocky 3 on DVD, wait for the eye of the tiger then you will be ready to f*ck sh*t up.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:48 PM Edited by AceKingston, 12 June 2013 - 02:51 PM.

QUOTE (blitz @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 05:11)

He's 17 according to his post in the Member Stalker thread. Probably a PBM.

Slamman? ph34r.gif

OT:

If I were you, I'd watch the Rocky series for some inspiration.

Ascer
  • Ascer

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

listen to waka flocka flame, when I do it makes me feel like I just want to go outside and start a brawl for silly reasons or rob drug dealers broadday. POW

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Not to mention that he's also a midget.

Op, you should take no notice of that dude. The only advice he can offer is to run between your attacker's legs which is quite impossible for physically grown-ups to do.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 06:34)
Fighting is survival, the human species have been fighting for centuries, barehanded as well. But others encouraging him to learn martial arts or any forms of fighting are only making it worse. There's always someone out there that can and will kick your ass, no matter your experience.

That's silly. You essentially said, "He doesn't want to get his ass kicked, therefore he must refrain from learning how to fight." If something is not worth doing because one wouldn't have a perfect record doing it, then why do anything? That's such a lazy and losing attitude.

It's not about being top dog or the last man standing. It's about not being defenseless. The average person in a fight will instinctively place their stance too wide, cross their feet during lateral movement, throw wild energy-consuming punches with their elbows out, depend on the cinematic hay-maker for the victory, and gradually revert to a scraping motion instead of a punching one. I don't see how noticing things like these "make it worse" for someone who may have to fight. You can win about 90% of your fights with a simple one-two (jab-cross) and basic ground principles. Anyone with a formal martial arts background will tell you that the people they train with get in fewer fights than the average person. The brown belt I roll BJJ with says he's never been in a fight in his life and this guy can own just about anyone. Learning martial arts is one of the healthiest life decisions one could make. It affects every faucet of your life (fitness, discipline, confidence, emotional well-being, etc).

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Elesdee95 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 06:45)
Well the title sums it all, I'm basically full of adrenaline without even fighting at all. I'll give two examples. First, I was hanging in the neighborhood with a classmate and eventually he got in an arguing with a bigger guy that led to a punch applied to my classmate, I tried to get between them and chill them out but a furious look of that big guy made me sh*t my pants. Then my classmate got chased, he wasn't caught and the big guy started screaming and sh*t. So I was literally scared like a little 5 years old girl without even getting a punch of a push.
Second, few days ago I argued with an ex-gf over SMS that led to an insult said by her towards me and then she insulted my mother so I told her when I'll catch, we'll talk more serious things than this. So she called me outside but I was already full of adrenaline and I was like I've been fighting with 100 guys already. So I don't know why the hell my body reacts like this, or my brain does this. I am a quiet guy, I don't get into fights and sh*t at all. How am I supposed to calm myself and stop being so frightened?

Oh and even fights that don't involve me scared me since I was a kid.

Just to clarify, you're not actually sh*tting yourself are you?

Elesdee95
  • Elesdee95

Nocturnal

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

No I am not.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Notorious Big @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:05)
Whats wrong with my advice?

You're acting like you know everything about fighting and taking on other people over a forum board. That should pretty much explain it without going into more reasons.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

Promising title, disappointing subtitle...

Elesdee95
  • Elesdee95

Nocturnal

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (lt_yao @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 18:44)
Promising title, disappointing subtitle...

Very constructive, thank you.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:56 AM Edited by GunWrath, 13 June 2013 - 05:58 AM.

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 10:38)
Fighting is survival, the human species have been fighting for centuries, barehanded as well. But others encouraging him to learn martial arts or any forms of fighting are only making it worse. There's always someone out there that can and will kick your ass, no matter your experience.

That's silly. You essentially said, "He doesn't want to get his ass kicked, therefore he must refrain from learning how to fight." If something is not worth doing because one wouldn't have a perfect record doing it, then why do anything? That's such a lazy and losing attitude.

It's not about being top dog or the last man standing. It's about not being defenseless. The average person in a fight will instinctively place their stance too wide, cross their feet during lateral movement, throw wild energy-consuming punches with their elbows out, depend on the cinematic hay-maker for the victory, and gradually revert to a scraping motion instead of a punching one. I don't see how noticing things like these "make it worse" for someone who may have to fight. You can win about 90% of your fights with a simple one-two (jab-cross) and basic ground principles. Anyone with a formal martial arts background will tell you that the people they train with get in fewer fights than the average person. The brown belt I roll BJJ with says he's never been in a fight in his life and this guy can own just about anyone. Learning martial arts is one of the healthiest life decisions one could make. It affects every faucet of your life (fitness, discipline, confidence, emotional well-being, etc).

Well I tell you what man.. I've been in more fights probably than this entire topic's posters have amounted together. I can tell you afew things, 1. I've never had my ass beat, 2. I've matched up with all types of gents, martial arts wannabes, karate kids, MMA cagers supposedly, they all had the same thing in common, their ass on the floor. I've been stabbed, hit with objects.. but I don't know martial arts and overcame. But it doesn't mean sh*t to learn martial arts.. especially when you're telling him he should learn it just in case he does fight. That's just arming someone and setting a timer. That's not empowering nor the right thing to do. Martial Arts is only as good as the person who possesses it. Just because he takes afew kick lessons, doesn't mean he's going to be Bruce Lee.

Discipline comes in the form on ones self, martial arts isn't need to learn discipline. This isn't mainland China's Kung Fu sh*t here bro, this is 2013.. What is martial farts going to do when his assailant has a gun, knife, bat or whatever else, one mistake.. all that judoism sh*t goes out the window. The dude is obviously scared, he's obviously young.. he doesn't need to be around violence in any form, defense is always good but his childhood/youth/teen years is more important right now not teaching him how to fight or learn takedowns and reversals.

to the OP, this is the last place you want to get advice man. Seek guidance somewhere else.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 00:56)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 10:38)

Well I tell you what man.. I've been in more fights probably than this entire topic's posters have amounted together. I can tell you afew things, 1. I've never had my ass beat, 2. I've matched up with all types of gents, martial arts wannabes, karate kids, MMA cagers supposedly, they all had the same thing in common, their ass on the floor. I've been stabbed, hit with objects.. but I don't know martial arts and overcame. But it doesn't mean sh*t to learn martial arts.. especially when you're telling him he should learn it just in case he does fight. That's just arming someone and setting a timer. That's not empowering nor the right thing to do. Martial Arts is only as good as the person who possesses it. Just because he takes afew kick lessons, doesn't mean he's going to be Bruce Lee.

Discipline comes in the form on ones self, martial arts isn't need to learn discipline. This isn't mainland China's Kung Fu sh*t here bro, this is 2013.. What is martial farts going to do when his assailant has a gun, knife, bat or whatever else, one mistake.. all that judoism sh*t goes out the window. The dude is obviously scared, he's obviously young.. he doesn't need to be around violence in any form, defense is always good but his childhood/youth/teen years is more important right now not teaching him how to fight or learn takedowns and reversals.

to the OP, this is the last place you want to get advice man. Seek guidance somewhere else.

The f*ck is this gibberish? It's now clear that you don't know what you're talking about so let's just agree to disagree for now. At least we all share common ground over the sentiment that fights should be avoided.

@OP It's not always 100% your choice whether or not to be involved in a fight; so you should be prepared for when you get dragged in. Knowing good fighting principles will put you so far ahead of the average Joe as you know what to look for and pick up on things quickly. Your confidence in your abilities will keep you calm and likely reduce your problems with shaking. Good luck. icon14.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

I don't know what I'm talking about? That's a good way to back out of the debate, son.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Unfortunately, the only way to truly toughen yourself up is to get beaten up a lot. The more you take, the more you are able to take. The hardest people I know were all physically abused growing up, and being able to not be stunned by a punch is an advantage in a brawl. Until you know what it's like to get beaten up you'll always have some fear.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 08:38)
Unfortunately, the only way to truly toughen yourself up is to get beaten up a lot. The more you take, the more you are able to take. The hardest people I know were all physically abused growing up, and being able to not be stunned by a punch is an advantage in a brawl. Until you know what it's like to get beaten up you'll always have some fear.

@ OP - I think this is, without any contest, the best advice anyone can ever give you and without doubt the best advice in this thread. Majority of people who posted here have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

The only way to overcome your fear is to face it.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

OP is having obstacles in his teenage years, so you direct him to learn martial arts. nice job guys. wink.gif

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by the7ftmidget, 14 June 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Thats normal dude. You get like that because youre not an experienced fighter.
Solution: get some experience! Either put sone gloves on and fight with uour friends or sign up and learn some form of martial arts that focus on self defense, DO NOT try learning a sporting fighting style like kickboxing, wrestling, boxing, muay thai, etc. Search your town for a good Krav Maga or Wing Chun school, but if youre more flexible, try brazilian jiu jitsu.

Once you get into a few fights that fear will disappear conpletely. Have confidence in yourself. If you dont, then fake it until it becomes real.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users