» «
Photo

Cant See Arrows on "Life is a Beach" Mission

8 replies to this topic
mjacqu3
  • mjacqu3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:19 PM Edited by mjacqu3, 11 June 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Hey,

I have no mods or anything. Just trying to get through the game. I have had no issues with any missions so far but on the life is a beach mission, the arrows dont appear. I start the minigame and it starts saying "bad", "too slow" "you missed it" but there are no arrows. The lowrider one worked fine, its just this one.

Im on windows 7, running in windows 98 compatibility mode.

Please help!

Thanks,

Matt

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

I've experienced a similar issue on the same mission, and Cesar Vialpando as well, but in my case, the arrows just randomly appear either before the circle or after thus making it impossible to "catch" them. I fixed this issue by removing the gta_sa.set file located in the San Andreas User Files folder. Besides, where do you have the game from? Are you using any cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive?

mjacqu3
  • mjacqu3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by mjacqu3, 11 June 2013 - 08:01 PM.

I had the disc years ago. I Beat the game and wanted to replay it, but I lost the disc so I got a crack sad.gif I usually dont do that kind of thing but I did buy it years ago so I didn't feel bad. You think thats why? sad.gif I tried deleting that file and restarting the game but it didn't work. The circle and the arrows don't show up. I am just standing there and it starts saying I'm missing but there is nothing at all there.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

I don't know why, it could be possibly that. Please do try to remove the gta_sa.set file located in the San Andreas User Files folder. It worked for me every time I had such issues, and it might fix your game too. However, in case this doesn't help you, we won't be able to help you any further at all, since cracked versions of the game can't be fixed with normal solutions, and besides that, discussing cracks is also forbidden on this forum. Best thing I say is put all your luck in the removal of the gta_sa.set file or a re-installation of the game; or else you'll just have to buy the game.

Sorry and good luck! icon14.gif

mjacqu3
  • mjacqu3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

I understand why cracks cant be discussed but please don't imply that I have done anything wrong... I never pirate software. I maintain the original installation of the disc I PAID FOR on my computer. Just because I don't know where the disc is, doesn't mean I should no longer be entitled to play the game I bought. On that note, I also understand that a crack is not the original game and that is most likely the issue I have here. Thanks for your help, but don't tell me to buy the game like I am some sort of criminal.

Thanks.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

No, what I'm trying to say is that the crack itself might be the source of the bug, hence why I'm not sure whether this issue can be solved through normal solutions. I've never accused you of not buying the game, I believe you did, but all I'm saying is that the crack you use, which is apparently needed since you lost the disc, might be the problem. You are entitled to play the game, you have the right to do so, but it might be just impossible without the CD. Sure, cracks are known for annulling the use of CDs, but there are also side effects, such as yours right now. A similar issue was also in GTA IV when you get a drunken camera bug where the images shakes out of the blue simply because of the crack's side effects. And we can't take the crack discussion any further, I've explained you how it works and what it does good / bad to your game.

Please do try the solution with removing the gta_sa.set file located in the San Andreas User Files folder as I've already suggested you. I'm confident that it might help you. Good luck.

mjacqu3
  • mjacqu3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by mjacqu3, 11 June 2013 - 08:22 PM.

I tried it and it didn't work. I love this game so I'm not going to give up. I know cracks can't be discussed because of their illegal implication, but I just want to say for the record that there are lots of people out there that actually buy games and want to play them years later after CD's have been damaged/lost. I know there are legal issues but you may want to revise your policies to exclude discussions of illegal cracking and help people who buy games and support developers. I work for a software development firm and if one of our clients lost their disc or instillation we would gladly support them. Rockstar games will not. Before I downloaded my crack I sent them proof of purchase and asked for another disc and they said they could not send me another. It would be nice if there was some forum that supported people in this situation.

Food for thought

Thank you and good bye.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Well, I didn't make the rules of this forum, and I do understand your disappointment / anger but that's just how it works. Anyway, skipping the crack part, I've found some other solutions. You could try to turn OFF the Frame Limiter (Options -> Display Settings -> Advanced -> Frame Limiter), or you could post a Save N' Play request here and somebody will complete the mission for you (make sure to read the Mission Help Rules & F.A.Q. topic before, if you decide to go for this option), or lastly, and possibly one of the best options, follow this trick.I really hope any of these solutions do help you, since you seem like a real San Andreas fan, it'd be a shame for you to not play it. I really hope this helps you!

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Have you ever modded your game? There's a possibility there could be leftover files from modding even if you reinstalled the game, but I'd probably blame the crack, maybe a corrupted memory address.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users