Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA3 best GTA, who with me =)

75 replies to this topic
Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

GTA3 is nice, the 2nd best GTA I think. If it would have bigger limits, then it would've been even better...

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

There's something about III that just makes it a league above any thing GTA has had to offer since. It's not one particular thing that does it, it's all the elements that come together to make something really special.

IV is the closest when it came to recreating III but Rockstar have never dared to fully step in to that lunacy III's world had.

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Current Mentos Freshness: 65%

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:52 AM Edited by Bartleby, 14 April 2014 - 11:52 AM.

It's my favorite GTA overall, but I'm sure nostalgia plays a big part in that. It was the first Grand Theft Auto game I really sunk my teeth into. So while VC had bikes and choppers, and San An had, well, everything else, GTA3 is still special to me. That, and I don't know about you, but the Liberty City in GTA3 felt so alive to me, and I haven't felt so connected to any other city in any other GTA since. While I prefer Vice City in terms of storyline and missions, GTA3 is by far the best for cruising around and causing mayhem.

• Funktipus likes this

pogo_01
  • pogo_01

• Feroci
  • Hungary

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

OLD ps2+GTA3=BEST <3

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

IV is the closest when it came to recreating III but Rockstar have never dared to fully step in to that lunacy III's world had.

BS - gameplay wise IV is far far from III.

• Jackson T likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

GTA 3 is an all-time classic. Like DOOM, it took gaming in another direction. Even though GTA IV LC is closer to NYC, I like GTA 3 LC better. It has 'something' that I can't put into words. For me, GTA 3 is a notch below San Andreas as my favorite GTA game.

Driving around Portland on a gray day listening to 'Forever' by Lucy - sweet!

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Thug

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

GTA 3 is my all-time favorite GTA. Vice City comes to second place and San Andreas to third place. :)

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

Gta III Has A Special place in my heart it has an Amazing atmosphere and just Overall Vibe and the Nostalgia whenever i listen to Rise Fm Or any Gta III Station is actually Amazing BUT Best Gta? I Dont Think So 

i mean there is just not one thing it does best other than the Atmosphere of the Game And  there are just to Many  Gameplay Limitations that Hold it Back From Being  the Best IMO but its still a legendary Game which has aged really well for a 2001 Game. 

• Bartleby likes this

Kulululi
  • Kulululi

Tommy man, keep driving fast pal!

• New Members
  • India

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

GTA 3 is my favorite GTA for sure

Spadge
  • Spadge

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:31 AM

Still better than Watch Dogs ..

• AdusPL and LCJ like this

mrshane77
  • mrshane77

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

GTA 3 was fun. I played the PS2 version a few years ago and I always had fun with it. The pc version is more crisp and clearer. One thing I love doing is giving peds weapons then going into a gang teritory lol. The peds defend you and go after the gang members with all kinds of weapons.  Vice city reminded me of the Scarface plot alot and its fun too. San Andreas was okay although abit washed out looking at times and more getto style then the previous versions, Its still the most populor multi-player GTA.

Gta 4 reminded me of GTA 3 actualy. Almost the same map. I can't choose which version is better because each version has its own feeling and story. I enjoy playing them all to this day.

Robinism
  • Robinism

GTA III Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

GTA III is probably my favorite game in the series as well. It has a lot to do with nostalgia, for sure, but it's also the most well-balanched game when it comes to things like the story, the number of missions, the variety of the missions, the look of the city etc. The only thing I don't like is the weapon combat system, but that's probably because of being used to GTA V these days. And the fact that you can't swim is also kinda bullsh*t.

TheN00ster
  • TheN00ster

I'm a Playboy!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

Fav GTA ever cuz its very simple to mod and that kind of stuff

Bond007ca
  • Bond007ca

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

I played this when it first came out and I also remember the RAM OK and I actually thought it checked my RAM WTF!!! LMFAO Ya I will admit that one

I have played them all except the first 2 but this one will always be my Fav!!!  The Gang Factor blasting you when you drive through the hood is classic.... Especially the Shotguns OMG!!!! WICKED...

• Nights744 likes this

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

No Jones No Stones

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

I started with GTA1, but really got into the series with GTA2. Me and my friends used to sit around seeing who could go on the longest killing spree without getting Busted or Wasted.
But when GTA3 released, coming from the top down view to 3D, WOW !!! I was 17 when it came out in October 2001, and had been gaming since the NES. GTA3 will always be my favorite GTA, even though I've played it's successors more. The atmosphere, the sounds, the soundtrack, the story, etc. I love the gritty, dark, setting of 3's LC, much more then VC or SA, which I also love. GTA4 and 5 are great, top notch games, which I've played to death. But GTA3 will always hold a special place in my heart when it comes to gaming. GTA3 renewed my interest in gaming, and made GTA my all time favorite game franchise.
I think to really appreciate GTA3's impact, you would have had to start on GTA1/2. The transition from them to 3 was a special moment.

RedBaron91
  • RedBaron91

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Croatia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

GTAIII was a revolutionary game, it really was. I remember the first time I played GTA III on PS2 and I simply couldn't stop, I found it awesome, I really did. So in my opinion GTA III isn't the best GTA cause it's a bit limited comparing to GTA V, GTA SA, but it was epic, GTA III and GTA VC are my favourite games of all,  I can play any of these any time... For an example GTA IV sucks, it really does. I haven't played it since I passed it... 

Robinism
  • Robinism

GTA III Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:08 AM

GTA III will probably always be the most revolutionary game in the series. Future GTA titles will always build on the GTA III foundation.

Nights744
  • Nights744

jochuan - Never forget!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:16 PM Edited by Nights744, 07 September 2014 - 07:17 PM.

I think Vice City was better engine-wise because it featured real interiors, aircraft and bikes but judging by the name "Grand Theft Auto" GTA3 takes the medal. It had the darkest rendition of Liberty City and it featured true gore, a very serious story, trails effects on PC, chalk outlines and other things that the HD games can't deliver. It also had this closed feeling because you couldn't get behind that hill (only if you were experienced but you weren't supposed to). It also felt pretty mysterious back then. The other games are more opened up but that also kills a little bit of the atmosphere: You can get into the open sea and then there is nothing? If GTA3 hadn't got any boats or the Dodo many people would still think that there is something in "Upstate Liberty". It was also the only game that feautered photos as textures and the outro felt very cinematic. The cutscene camera angles were overall better than in the other games, in my opinion.

Bond007ca
  • Bond007ca

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:37 AM

SO True IMO...... This was my first one but in the series but it was 100% my favorite!!!!! Cheers and great thread dude!!

ChpokXxX
  • ChpokXxX

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

Vice city and gta 3 are the best.

Cuse
  • Cuse

0_0

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

2 Things I like about GTA3 over the other GTAs

1. Instant death danger if you go in mob territory after unlocking the 2nd island.
  2. Riot/All Weapons cheat

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

I strongly disagree with you. I feel this isn't even debateable. It was great for it's time,  but when you compare  III to VC, SA, IV, V and most of the DLC stories III loses in every aspect.

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:38 AM

GTA 3 is an all-time classic. Like DOOM, it took gaming in another direction. Even though GTA IV LC is closer to NYC, I like GTA 3 LC better. It has 'something' that I can't put into words. For me, GTA 3 is a notch below San Andreas as my favorite GTA game.

Driving around Portland on a gray day listening to 'Forever' by Lucy - sweet!

Just because it's a classic doesn't make it better. That's like saying the first colored TV ever made is better than an HD curve Flatscreen, just because it's a classic. 

Jackson T
  • Jackson T

V>SA>Garbage>IV. End of Discussion.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

It sounds like and it is bullsh*t.

Veroder
  • Veroder

That guy

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

No, I think that Rockstar simply made too many improvements in later games. Still, it's a great game and a classic.

• Captain Delitian likes this

Naruko
  • Naruko

Naruko

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:30 AM

I love this game so much (I don't know why) but best GTA should be Grand Theft Auto IV
  • TheOtherRyan likes this

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:27 AM Edited by jazzbone, 11 January 2015 - 02:31 AM.

Gta 3 was my first gta game and was and still is a must play imo. With that said i like Liberty City Stories more on my ps2 even with the lesser graphics than gta 3. LCS has more fun replayable stuff,motorcycles,better camera and controls,and Toni instead of Claude. Also i found the missions and story more fun in LCS than gta 3.

Attempting to pick the best or even my favorite gta game would be as difficult as doing the same with Resident Evil games.

VAPE NATION
  • VAPE NATION

Formerly Spectre2014

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:25 AM

While this was a really good game, I have a love/hate relationship with it. I loved the story, atmosphere, protagonist, map, etc. But I disliked the fact that everyone tries to kill you post-game, cars are as durable as paper, the M4 chewed through you like nothing, and running down the jetty stairs too fast and drowning :panic: But it WAS their first 3D-era game so...

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

"The chickens are plotting..."

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [Advice with girlfriends]

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:35 AM

It is hard for me to say that this is the best GTA while Vice is still an option. I will say that this is the GTA that hooked me into the series so for nostalgic purposes, yes it is my favorite. But Vice city was really amazing.

J Cobra
  • J Cobra

The truth hurts

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

Not at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users