Photo

GTA3 best GTA, who with me =)

55 replies to this topic
kizeryakuza
  • kizeryakuza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

I am not now looking at all the GTA's and taking out the best one. Because people who grew up on GTA4 for example most probably won't like GTA3 so much as its considerably older.

But based on first impression of the game when it came out and playing it, GTA3 still wins it for me.
I was a huge GTA1 fan before that, having suffered the top view for a while, that when full 3D was enabled and implemented I literally had to sit down when I first saw it, it was "perfect" a result after the pixelised MS-DOS game looking GTA1/2 we had previously. Never mind that it didn't figure bikes (which are still way too suicidal to drive enjoyably), it was awesome, and the story behind it was a perfect fit I thought, especially relative to the atmosphere. VC was just a bit too sunny and pink for me, plus the map felt considerably smaller, SA was lots of fun but didn't have that same impact on first impression as 3 did. In SA i was sad to see this need to "cover" all etnicities to be politically correct.
When GTA4 came out I was dissapointed because it was a leave from the old GTA feeling we had gotten comfortable with in the last three games prior (3, VC, SA), it felt like a totally new serie of games, something different from "GTA". What killed it for me was this need to be as realistic as possible, with my guy now flying out through the windshield half the time, and walking around with an unrealistic amount of weapons but an annoyingly limited amount of ammo (one shoot out and you have to go fill on stock). And the fact that the characer is yet another etnic group not previously "covered" was a shame. I would have liked to see a continuation of one of the previous characters. By the way, my favorite is still Claude, even though he was mute, at least we didn't have to listen to him react to traffic tounge.gif
This is a quickly redacted post but it would have been longer and more explicit if I had had more time.

GTA 3 for the win =)
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (kizeryakuza @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 16:00)
I am not now looking at all the GTA's and taking out the best one. Because people who grew up on GTA4 for example most probably won't like GTA3 so much as its considerably older.

But based on first impression of the game when it came out and playing it, GTA3 still wins it for me.
I was a huge GTA1 fan before that, having suffered the top view for a while, that when full 3D was enabled and implemented I literally had to sit down when I first saw it, it was "perfect" a result after the pixelised MS-DOS game looking GTA1/2 we had previously. Never mind that it didn't figure bikes (which are still way too suicidal to drive enjoyably), it was awesome, and the story behind it was a perfect fit I thought, especially relative to the atmosphere. VC was just a bit too sunny and pink for me, plus the map felt considerably smaller, SA was lots of fun but didn't have that same impact on first impression as 3 did. In SA i was sad to see this need to "cover" all etnicities to be politically correct.
When GTA4 came out I was dissapointed because it was a leave from the old GTA feeling we had gotten comfortable with in the last three games prior (3, VC, SA), it felt like a totally new serie of games, something different from "GTA". What killed it for me was this need to be as realistic as possible, with my guy now flying out through the windshield half the time, and walking around with an unrealistic amount of weapons but an annoyingly limited amount of ammo (one shoot out and you have to go fill on stock). And the fact that the characer is yet another etnic group not previously "covered" was a shame. I would have liked to see a continuation of one of the previous characters. By the way, my favorite is still Claude, even though he was mute, at least we didn't have to listen to him react to traffic tounge.gif
This is a quickly redacted post but it would have been longer and more explicit if I had had more time.

GTA 3 for the win =)

Can you explain better what do you think about the "need to cover all etnicities to be politically correct" ? If you talk about the whole cast, well, every GTA tried to cover the biggest number of etnicities possible, even GTA III. If you mean the protagonist, while it's true that R* went a little bit more politically correct over the time, every protagonist is there to tell a story, not to be the classic "token minority" guy. You can't tell a story about mafia with a "boy from the hood", and you can't tell a story about hood from the POW of a well-dressed italian guy or another kind of white man. In GTA IV you are an immigrant... i think you MUST play as a real immigrant, don't you think?

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Same feelings.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

GTA III is a good game, but I don't regard it as the best GTA. Not even close. I first played it in 2002 (when it got banned in 2001 and re-released).

It was a ground breaking game and I still play it everynow and then, but it feels archaeologic compared to the newer games and certain things like not being able to jump out of moving cars, dying by jumping into water, the over the top aggression of gangs etc annoy me. There's still a certain charm it holds, but that's just me being honest.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 21 December 2013 - 01:26 PM.

I agree with you, I have greatly enjoyed playing GTA III over the years and I can definitely say it's my favorite one!

• Cakelover21 likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

GTA III is an amazing game, but I wouldn't say it's the best. There is something about III, though, that just makes you keep playing it. I still do to this day.

apoapsis1001
  • apoapsis1001

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

cant say that i agree with ya. haha. i would say gta2 is more nostalgic for me, since it was the first time i played a gta title. dont get me wrong, gta3 was a damn awesome game. but i personally like watching as each gta gets more realistic with each title. after watching the intro movie to gta2, ive been waiting for grand theft auto to reach that peak realistic feel. and they keep gettin closer with each title. 

daniHCF96
  • daniHCF96

Sanit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

GTA III is great, but San Andreas is epic!! ;)

Kurokatze
  • Kurokatze

STICKY NOTE!!!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

when both my 360 and my ps3 died the other week, the first thing i did was break out GTA III on my xbox

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

Definitely. GTA III is one of those rare, yet powerful, beautiful occurrences that leave a positive mark for days to come. It will always be my favorite. :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Kristian. likes this

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (kizeryakuza @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 16:00) I am not now looking at all the GTA's and taking out the best one. Because people who grew up on GTA4 for example most probably won't like GTA3 so much as its considerably older.

Wrong. I grew up on GTA SA and I absolutely hate it, it has no depth whatsoever.

On the other hand, I completly agree with the title, III's by a slight the best GTA.

• Super Trooper likes this

Super Trooper
  • Super Trooper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

GTA III is a good game, but I don't regard it as the best GTA. Not even close. I first played it in 2002 (when it got banned in 2001 and re-released).

It was a ground breaking game and I still play it everynow and then, but it feels archaeologic compared to the newer games and certain things like not being able to jump out of moving cars, dying by jumping into water, the over the top aggression of gangs etc annoy me. There's still a certain charm it holds, but that's just me being honest.

I agree with most of your points on here, I love GTA III though despite the aggravating things like that. Still a classic game nonetheless.

L da Vice
  • L da Vice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

I agree brother. GTA 3 hit the nail on the head...and immersed us into a a 3d world "THE BEST". No other game can make us feel that way. GTA 5 was a big score for R*...and the online is clinically addictive, but it's not "Game of the Year" material like GTA III is.

MrBound
  • MrBound

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Nostalgic liberty city the amosphere this game is fantastic old days ..

Rizqan
  • Rizqan

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

I more like GTA SA

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Its not the best gta since small map + third island is useless ( airport ) and it misses motorcycles but it was very mindblowing back when it got released, luckily my dad got brand new pc just before gta3 released so i could play it on pc.

MrBound
  • MrBound

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Gta 3 = History fantastic atmosphere fantastic characts fantastics  :karmaeater:

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Its not the best gta since small map + third island is useless ( airport ) and it misses motorcycles but it was very mindblowing back when it got released, luckily my dad got brand new pc just before gta3 released so i could play it on pc.

It's the best. Map size can't be the main point in defining if the game is good.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

GTA III is good, but some things are useless.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Gta 3 was a great game for its time, but it is not the best gta game.

tacoterror
  • tacoterror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

I definitely agree. It had the most personality. To me, the IV and V focus too much on looking pretty.

kewun
  • kewun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

:catspider:  :bbq:  :santa:  :santa:  :die:  :cookie:  :cry: nmsr5yjksry6k7y5ltd5l,76duklulkul,y,duy,yu,dymudytmtgjh :miranda:  :orly:

GTA 3 is best game 4 ever old,best game

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by cidamelo, 30 December 2013 - 03:38 AM.

I haven't played GTA V yet, but until GTA IV my favorite has been GTA III! I just love its vibe :lol:

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:25 AM Edited by AceKingston, 31 December 2013 - 04:25 AM.

3 is not my favorite, but it's fun to play and it's definitely a great game. the atmosphere is also very good. the missions were fun too.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

I'm actually thinking about choosing GTA III as my favorite. I love everything about the game. It is amazing in every aspect. I just started a new PS2 playthrough last night. The nostalgia that I feel when playing this game is priceless!

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

I'm actually thinking about choosing GTA III as my favorite. I love everything about the game. It is amazing in every aspect. I just started a new PS2 playthrough last night. The nostalgia that I feel when playing this game is priceless!

You never experience a love for a game as much as when you go back to it after a while

I always used to disregard III for VC and SA but when I went back to it, it became my favorite, every little thing about it I thoroughly enjoy :)

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

One thing I love about GTA III are the 'sounds' when you walk around the city!!!

• MilezDawg likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

One thing I love about GTA III are the 'sounds' when you walk around the city!!!

Yes, the ambience. I love it, too. It really provides a special feeling.
  • RazorRain likes this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

I check for Breast Cancer. Call me.

• United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

GTAIII Will always bring back great memories for me. I remember the night I bought it and standing in the red light district thinking this was the best it could get.

• RazorRain likes this

RazorRain
  • RazorRain

Crackhead

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by RazorRain, 15 February 2014 - 06:35 PM.

Although you can't compare it with modern GTAs, the game was totally groundbreaking when it was released. Only gamers who have played it in its early days will understand. Plus the dark and gritty atmosphere makes this the best GTA for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users