Photo

Dead Rising 3

117 replies to this topic
OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:34 AM Edited by oysterbarron, 13 December 2013 - 07:36 AM.

Whoops my bad only wanted to edit must of clicked quote by mistake. O the double post shame!

Even with the update, it still fails to let us send invites.

We just had to settle playing Dead Rising 2 co-op on 360.
That's pathetic.

Microsoft f*cking sucks.

The party system suffers greatly if you or your friends nat settings are on strict or moderate. Check this By going to my games and apps settings and network if you or him aren't both open then you will have problems.

This link should help sort out your nat issues.

http://www.entertain...ter-connections

Dead rising as well as other games depend greatly on the party system working in order to get into games.

These are the settings we managed to get party working correctly.

Moderate - open
Open - moderate
Open - open

These are the settings it didn't work correctly with

Strict - strict
Strict - moderate
Moderate - strict
Open - strict
Strict - open

As for moderate - moderate I'm unsure as we never got that combination.

I managed to get mine on moderate by chance when he was open by going on wifi then plugging the network lead back in. That was only a temp fix and I had to follow the steps in the link I posted to fix it properly and I have been open ever since.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by Freakorama, 13 December 2013 - 07:52 AM.

Both our NAT's are open.

I bought my friend and myself Xbox Ones specifically so we could co-op Dead Rising 3.

Next Gen is awesome, so awesome it doesn't even have to let you play it!

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

So I assume you go something like "xbox snap party" then click start party. From in there you then go invite friend select his name with a green box and a tick in the right hand bottom corner and then click send invite.

That is when you get the error saying party invite failed?

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:03 AM Edited by Freakorama, 13 December 2013 - 09:03 AM.

So I assume you go something like "xbox snap party" then click start party. From in there you then go invite friend select his name with a green box and a tick in the right hand bottom corner and then click send invite.

That is when you get the error saying party invite failed?

We get into a party just fine.

I select the option which shows up to "invite party to game" in DR3 itself, then 10 seconds later it says "failed to send invite please try again later" for both of us.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:47 AM Edited by oysterbarron, 13 December 2013 - 10:51 AM.

Do you turn party chat on once both inside the party? And are both of you in game? as the second player should get pulled strait in from the main menu without accepting any form of game invite.

also I beleive you both need to progress to the lady characters garage before you can do Co op!

Sorry to go over the basics just trying to see the big picture.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:51 AM Edited by Freakorama, 13 December 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Do you turn party chat on once both inside the party? And are both of you in game? as the second player should get pulled strait in from the main menu without accepting any form of game invite.

Sorry to go over the basics just trying to see the big picture.

Party chat is off, and we're both in game.

I don't think it's it, but if it fails to send the invite because the "client" has to be on the main menu, I would facedesk so hard because they need to explain this crap in the game.

Edit: We just tried it both with me as the client on the main menu and vise versa, still doesn't work.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Party chat must be on for it to recognize the party

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:49 PM Edited by Freakorama, 13 December 2013 - 01:51 PM.

Party chat must be on for it to recognize the party

We tried that too. It didn't work.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

Did you get my message?

Are you both at this point playing single player.

also I beleive you both need to progress to the lady characters garage before you can do Co op!

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

Did you get my message?

Are you both at this point playing single player.

We're both WAY past that.

• trip likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Damn!!!  I'm curious to see if you get this worked out.

Also...I've totally lost track of who is who and what names are who on my friends list.  @Freak.  If you are on my friends list feel free to shoot me a note to see if we can test a connection.   We don't have to play...just try for troubleshooting reasons.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is it even possible to get all collectables/all missions/all side missions done on your first go around? Just wondering.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:06 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 31 March 2014 - 02:07 PM.

I'm stuck on the last mission. Where the game auto saves I didn't have any weapons at the time, so basically me and "the girls dad or uncle" can't remember, are trying to kill these flying mini helicopters that are carrying zombies off with no weapons. Should I just stop at a safehouse real quick? I don't think I will have enough time though. I am able to kill some but then they move to another part of the map and by the time I get there I can only kill a few more. The game ends saying they dropped the bomb. Atleast it gives me a chance to keep retrying. The first time I didn't make it I thought that the game ended with everyone dying. Yeah, I was a little upset but then the retry screen came up. Thank god. I was like all those hours for them to just drop the bomb on us. This sucks. LOL

I still haven't even got to play the dlc packs yet. I just wanted to finish the regular game first. But it is being a pain. Which I like, games are getting to easy these days. The confussion makes me ten times more interested in this game still. Great game.  

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

I can't remember exactly and I've done the main story twice.

I'm like level 35 and can jump in co-op if you think it would help.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:09 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 31 March 2014 - 03:18 PM.

I'm at work or I would be game. Thanks though bud. I am level 35 too. But this is my first play through. I have done all side missions that I could find but didn't collect even half of the collectables. That might be why I'm leveled at 35 already. I think I got a 300+ hit combo which skyrockets your leveling up a bunch of times. I used that electrical staff. OMG that thing is awesome. You know for the longest time I didn't know you could just run and use your weapon at the same time. I'm serious. For the longest time I aimed to kill on this game. I had no idea just running will auto lock on to zombies. God I'm an idiot. LOL :lol:

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Dig it. I'm at work too...I was just tossing out the general offer.

Damn, now I feel lame for being only level 35...might be more like 40 but still. I've done the story twice and all the DOCs.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

I think the combos are what really did it for me. I would choose any of the super combo weapons. They are getting better and better each one I use. The Electrical Staff and Elemental Staff are great. One spits fire, its okay. The ice one is good, really gets zombies out of your way quick. But every time I would do say a 150+ hit combo or even 300+ hit combo, the game would also give me 3 tokens aswell, each time, to spend on attributes and such. Plus a huge amount of PP. I'm not talking small amount, I mean like 30,000 PP+ each time. I wouldn't feel too down about your level. I mean you went through the game twice and I'm still stuck on the last mission on my first play through. Your doing good, thats for sure.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

If you want to level up quick, get a bunch of split shots and start killing. Make sure there are a bunch of huge groups of zombies close to you, so you can go to group to group without losing your combo. You should easily get over a thousand.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Super combos are my main weapons.  Whatever that huge ass sythe thing is might be my favorite.  The light saber one is also on my favorites list too, but I think that is just a regular combo.

I believe my issue is I tend to avoid conflict in stead of just diving head first into zombie slaughter.  

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

This is the one game exclusive to xbox one that I'm jealous of not having on the ps4. But then again Capcom once said resident evil 4 would never go on any other console other than gamecube and look how that turned out, so there's still hope there could be a ps4 version.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

This is the one game exclusive to xbox one that I'm jealous of not having on the ps4. But then again Capcom once said resident evil 4 would never go on any other console other than gamecube and look how that turned out, so there's still hope there could be a ps4 version.

Not likely since this game was funded and published by Microsoft.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Mass effect 1.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

I finally beat the last mission. I hurried and picked up the Swat turrent Rig on my way to one of the yellow markers at my garage. That thing is always a zombie killing machine. I can finally play some DLC now. On to Episode 1 tonight.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Mass effect 1.

Still not the same comparison. ME1 was published by Microsoft when Bioware was independent, it was put on the PS3 after they were acquired by EA. Dead Rising 3 was only made possible by Microsoft willing to partner up with Capcom to fund and publish the game (for those of you who don't know, Capcom is nearing bankruptcy).

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

Mass effect 1.

Still not the same comparison. ME1 was published by Microsoft when Bioware was independent, it was put on the PS3 after they were acquired by EA. Dead Rising 3 was only made possible by Microsoft willing to partner up with Capcom to fund and publish the game (for those of you who don't know, Capcom is nearing bankruptcy).

Gee I wonder why their nearing bankruptcy/ sarcasm.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

Because they canned Mega-Man, he cursed them.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

Or because they treated their fanbase like sh*t and have put out sh*t games over the years.

Can't stomach looking at what they did to Lost Planet.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:34 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 02 April 2014 - 12:36 AM.

MS should buy them out. And make them relaunch Mega-Man. Capcom as a first party dev with financial backing of MS would be sweet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users