• None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

why was foleys 2nd account banned.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Valenta, 07 July 2013 - 03:38 PM.

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 14:49)

No idea, really. I think he decided to pack it in for good. From what I could see, he was getting pretty tired of this place.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Just a note guys that the next issue is delayed and will be published tomorrow, still waiting for a couple of reports to be done.

Android
  • Android

Powerful™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Can't wait for the next one icon14.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:49)

He refuses to tell anyone, even on GTAF.Skype Chat.

'Cos you know, there's so many ways I can use that information, right?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

ThaBoy's report hasn't been submitted yet, Pinky didn't respond to the previous PM I sent asking for his report for the previous issue so I guess he must be busy because he's only semi-active atm. So Song of the week won't be in the next issue guys.

also shoumic hasn't replied to my PM about GTAF Rewind either, so no chance of it making it to this issue. I sent him a PM about it first and he didn't reply at first then I reminded him about it again and he said it was quite tough for a 2012 member, I gave him an idea and he is yet to respond for 3-4 days.

Hopefully this does not last long. No pressure on the team, it's a really hard job guys, so I'd appreciate if you guys are a bit patient, thanks. smile.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

If ThaBoy hasn't reported in yet, it's safe to say you should move on and do the report yourself.

Delays are for Rockstar, not GTAFW. smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:41)
ThaBoy's report hasn't been submitted yet, Pinky didn't respond to the previous PM I sent asking for his report for the previous issue so I guess he must be busy because he's only semi-active atm. So Song of the week won't be in the next issue guys.

also shoumic hasn't replied to my PM about GTAF Rewind either, so no chance of it making it to this issue. I sent him a PM about it first and he didn't reply at first then I reminded him about it again and he said it was quite tough for a 2012 member, I gave him an idea and he is yet to respond for 3-4 days.

Hopefully this does not last long. No pressure on the team, it's a really hard job guys, so I'd appreciate if you guys are a bit patient, thanks. smile.gif

If they cannot commit to complete these things for you they should not have joined, or taken up the positions to begin with, sure everyone has a real life to live but don't make the commitment if you are not willing or able to honor it, I don't mean to be harsh, but that is how I see it.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Pretty much everyone of Shoumic's regular posts is a "GTAF rewind", you should just find one of his posts from a few months ago, and use that as his article for this week. Nobody will notice.

As for TPFS, if only there was a way someone else could pick a song of the week... I mean I know the guy has all those qualifications and music degrees, but if only there was some way someone else could go on YT, and find a video about music, and then somehow post it in here. Nah I'm just being crazy.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:28 AM Edited by AceKingston, 10 July 2013 - 11:33 AM.

user posted image

Greetings Readers and welcome to the 4th issue of GTAF Weekly v2. I apologize for the delay, I was busy with stuff and so were most of the team. ThaBoy has submitted his Mod of The Week report and Pinky says he can start writing from the next issue onwards, however most of the news in this issue is a touch outdated, so once again I apologize for this.

The next issue will be up this weekend, until then Enjoy.

user posted image

Multiplay Monitor - Issue #64!

user posted image

GTAForums was pretty inactive of late. Other than slight changes to the forum and the 100th chain game round going along nicely nothing really major happened.

If you want to show off your writing skill post in the Writers Discussion sub-forum where a group of talented writers are ready to give you advice.

If you need a GFX, make a topic in the GFX Requests and Tutorials Sub-forum but make sure it meets the Rules and Guidelines.

Source: AceKingston

user posted image

Rockstar Games recently published an Asked&Answered that will give you one or the other answer about GTAV regarding discs, the space that is required in order to play the game, if another delay happened, and many more things. You can discuss about it in the 'Asked & Answered: GTAV' topic.

Rockstar published two GTAV artworks on their newswire you have probably seen before. And as always, there is a topic that is dedicated to the news: 'Extended GTA V Artworks'.

It's only a matter of a couple of months now until the release of GTAV. Will you leave GTAForums when the game is out, be it temporarily, permanently or until the pre-release time of the next game, or will you stick to other parts of the forum? Tell us in universetwister's topic 'Will you leave the forum once V comes out?'.

In each GTA title, there are missions that are exceptionally hard, but then there is only one way to pass them. That's probably one of the critical points of these games, and GTAaLEX117's 'Annoyingly hard missions' topic is exactly about this. What do you think about the idea of having multiple ways to pass a particular mission? Share your ideas with us!

What do you think about the violence in recent Rockstar titles, and what should Rockstar do in their biggest and most ambitious game yet? Do they really put effort into reducing violence in their games as Ant_On_Sugar claims? Share your thoughts on this subject in the 'Why do R* make every effort to reduce violence?' topic.

Source: Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

user posted image

Povke can be known as "Topic spammer of the week" for creating at least 3 threads in just a week, all in Gen-Chat.

One of the threads was him asking whether anyone liked Energy Drinks and what were their favorites, shoumic turned up soon and linked him to an already existing topic, Moonshield turned up a bit later and locked thread quoting shoumic's post.

Then povke created another thread asking if anyone had been hit by a car which received positive reviews and also asking members how old were they when they smoked there first cigarette which was also received positively.

Miro has posted the Newbie guide with the 30th Monthly update. Anyone interested do check it out.

GTAForums celebrated America's Independence day with a topic created by Grand Theft Savage.

A topic called 'Oldest Forum Member' was opened up by Noodleman. However most members started joking that they were 70+ and pointing fingers at lil weasel who is one of the only legit 60+ members here.

A very sad topic about a cop killing a dog was posted by Ferocious Banger. I strongly advise you all not to watch the video as it is very disturbing, I regret watching it now. Rest in Peace Max.

Also I might sound like GTA-King but I celebrated my 1 year annivessary yesterday, so drop a free post if you want.

And last but not the least, Rizqan7 returned to the forum with a new account 'Rizqan just beginner modder'. Not the best at evading the mods as a PBM, he openly admitted it was him in his posts, signature, username and profile. He was banned soon after but not before I managed to get a short interview with him. Remember this a short interview for the laughs, enjoy:

Where do you get those jokes?

Rizqan: From my mind.

Are you pleased and proud about your trolling?

Rizqan: I proud if they like and laughed when read it.

And finally who was your inspiration for trolling?

Rizqan: Want people like my troll and joke, then I will join competition to get awards. 

That's it for General Chat news.

user posted image

And this is Lightning Strike aka Nova Secura/LS with his first Gaming Chat report. Being a leader, I don't like to pick favorites but in my honest opinion this article is much better than Sgt. Foley's articles for us, enjoy:

It's been a busy week over here in Gaming Chat, with Naughty Dog's masterpiece The Last of Us gathering the most attention over the last few weeks and it's not hard to see why, the game balances all of its elements brilliantly and there's far too much I want to say about the game that it wouldn't fit here.

On top of that the GTAF MC Server is now on a new temporary map, until Bukkit releases for 1.6.1 that is. Expect horses, raids and Otter forcing you into the OA so you can afford a saddle ... or is that just me? Regardless if you've recently purchased Minecraft and you'd like to come on and play with us the server's in a no holds barred mode at the moment, so watch your back.

In other G-Chat news (yes I will be abbriviating Gaming Chat to G-Chat for the forseeable future) Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV have both taken off, proving the Ubisoft has the grip on the market for both the current and the next generation of consoles. 

Lastly today I'd like to share with you a small game that I feel needs to gather a bit more momentum, that game being the absolutely marvelous Cube World. The CW topic in G-Chat covers a little of what the game has to offer so I'll link you to both the thread for the game and the game's official website. Imagine a hybrid between Skyrim, Zelda, Minecraft and Terraria and you have this game, yes it is that good.

That's all for G-Chat news this week and seeing as we're coming up to the proverbial "summer drought" of gaming expect the size of this article to decrease for a few months until we get into the winter were the flood gates will once again be opened and the GTAF community can analyse every new game that comes out.

Source: Lightning Strike

user posted image

Hello, and welcome back to Mod of the Week. This week I 'll dive into the Mod Showroom to bring you one of the best models for GTA IV. But I 'll also have a look on a mod that isn't finished yet. So let's begin.

The first mod that came to my attention is HD Claude for GTAIV. It's a mod made by fidox and won the 'Best Player Texture/Model' award in the 2012 awards. And as you already expected, it replaces the player model with a HD version of Claude from GTA III. I don't have IV on my PC , but this mod looks very amazing. And I think that everyone who remembers and loved GTA III should try it out.

Title: HD Claude for GTAIV
Category: Characters
Link: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=508271

The second mod that came to my attention this week is the Viva New York mod, also for IV. It's a pretty old mod (started in 2010) so I'm not really sure if the autor is still working on it, but still worth a try in my opinion. It replaces Star Junction with a copy of Times Square. It also replaces all the adverstisements, videobanners, traffic signs, brands, licence plates, etc. If you want to see a full list of the features, you should check the topic.

Title: Viva New York Mod
Category: IV Modelling
Link: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=439322

Source: ThaBoy

user posted image

And lzw3 interviewing GTA-King in this issue:

LZW: When did you first play GTA and what GTA was it? The first GTA I played was GTA 2.
GTAK: I was at my step-sister's house, and she told me I could go in her brother's room to play video games. I seen GTA 2 sitting on top of his TV. Read the back of the case, and thought it sounded interesting... so I put it in the PS1. I was almost immediately addicted. Went on killing sprees, jacked tons of cars, hell... just running around burping & farting was entertaining! I was around 12, I think.
LZW: When and why did you first join GTAForums?
GTAK: I joined on July 8, 2006 (my 7 year anniversary is coming up!) Not exactly sure why I joined. If I was to guess, it's probably love that brought me here. Love for GTA, of course.
LZW: What's your favourite GTA game and why?
GTAK: Vice City, for sure. I just loved the retro feeling of it all. The story was great, too. Rags-to-riches stories are my forté.
LZW: If you could reside in any GTA location where would it be?
GTAK: Rockford Hills in Los Santos (V).
LZW: Who is your favourite of all the GTA girls?
GTAK: Candy Suxxx. She induced some great erections for me as a child.
LZW: Oh god, lol.gif Who would make the best sidekick for you of all the protagonists?
GTAK: Tommy Vercetti. I'd want to be HIS sidekick, though.
LZW: Have you finished with your cock-gobbling days?
GTAK: I dabble in it every now-and-then. Depends on my mood.
LZW: What were those few days in The Precinct like? Just how sh*tty was it?
GTAK: Not anything like I imagined. To be honest, I was really let down by the OGA. Growing up, I always thought it would be a wonderful place, some of the people are wayyy too serious, and the topics they post are questionable. So if anything, I'd like to thank The Precinct. They showed me the truth.
LZW: What's your obsession with Breaking Bad?
GTAK: How much even the nicest person can change given the right circumstances. It really makes you wonder what you'd be capable of if you throw all your morals out the window. Plus I'm a huge fan of Scarface.
LZW: What is one thing that many people might not know about you?
GTAK: I'm a decent human.
LZW: Thanks for taking the time, GTA-King.

Source: lzw3

user posted image

This week I decided to ring up AndyGanteks noted leader of The Yardies and a great contributor to the MP sections.

AK: How did you join GTAF?

Andy: I came around 2005, looking for a place to chat and express my wishes for GTA IV. Also, GTA SA came out for PC then, and i got it, and was looking to learn to install mods, map mods and some skins. Also, was looking for more Action Replay Max codes for SA on PS2, more precisely hot coffee which was long banned by then, and weather cheats, aka dust storms and jetpack unlocks. June 3rd 2005 i joined. I had dial up, and in fact i still do. But back then i was young, so i didn't know to use the forum properly. First i replied to a GTA IV wishlist topic that was made in 2005 and active then, had about 120 pages, but the funny thing is, as i didn't know to use the forum, i replied to some post from the 1st page, which was a months long post. And best of all, i clicked report post and wrote my reply there. Took me a few posts that day, aka few reported posts to realize how do to reply. Managed to get a now famous verbal warning for doing so on that day. I think i may have even been temp banned for a few weeks too, but i don't remember, and there is no temp ban in my log, so i may be wrong with that, but either way, the epic warning is there. (Tell me if your readers would like a pic for next issue, i'll give it just to piss off some  )

AK: Why did you change your username?

Andy: Two reasons, it is my PSN username and everyone knows me by that, and second reason, well the old name felt too short, so i needed something longer, and what better way to make it longer then a fake imaginary Dragon Ball Z caracter. 

AK: I know you're head of the Yardies but have you been approached by OGA members before?

Andy: Yeah, by many gangs, but i obviously rejected. They can find plenty of other members who ain't in MP gangs anyway, but respect to OGA.

AK: Do you think The Yardies have a strong chance of becoming an OGA group?

Andy: I highly doubt, it's never going to happen, neither us, neither some other MP section gang. I think it's more likely that they will disband the OGA when the v1.5 or v2.0 GTAF update launches and when V is out, and then if that happens, those gangs would make their topics like the rest of the MP gangs, and that would be it. So yeah, that's more likely to happen, but that also isn't very likely. We'll see soon anyway.  

AK: Many members say you deserve to be a led-by of the MP-section, thoughts?

Andy: Maybe the events section, but not the gangs area. There should be a neutral led-by there anyway, someone who isn't a part of any MP gang, should fully or mostly remove the chance of any potential power abuse. But it won't happen either way as i was saying, the me being a led-by or a mod that is. They don't make fat Serbs led-by's and Canadian gingers mods(yeah, i'm thinking of Ryan  ) on GTAF.

AK: You're favorite member in and out of The Yardies.

Andy: I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that hehe, but yeah, i'm obviously most known of all the Y due to my involvement with the forum and being the oldest of Y on GTAF, and i am among top 20 GTAF top posters as well, so assuming you mean that, then yes, those 3 are quite obvious.

AK: When you first created The Yardies did you ever think it would be such a success?

Andy: I didn't create The Yardies. I just took em over few months afterwards, and joined them 3-4 weeks after they were originally made, that's all. Do your homework better haha. 

AK: On being a MVP™

Andy: Well, when you don't have a medal, you kind of do want one, but then you get a medal(i won my first one for best screenshots in 2009 forum awards) and you simply don't care anymore. I did all the stuff afterwards out of purely amusement and because i find it entertaining. Some things became a slight hassle, mostly because of uni shortening my time, BUT, i still find most of what i do fun. So in no way i'm not medal whoring, and the whole MVP™ thing is just to mess around a bit and rock some skirts of some people who are so butthurt by it even after a few months.   Next year in the forum awards though, i may nominate myself and do my best to win the MVP medal(for the first time ever to actually work to win a medal) just to enjoy seeing some people get mad even more cause i won again.

AK: What's your thoughts on lt_yao, assistant led by of The Yardies?

Andy: Yeah he is the 2nd Leader, and we also have 4 Co-Leaders. He's a good guy, i don't think i could or that i ever will find someone else with so much hate, to be Leader with me. Yao is special, and nobody and i mean nobody can hate as much as he can, thus he is pretty much irreplaceable.

AK: And finally, any suggestions for us?

Andy: Yeah, you could take some gang news from MM and events news too from time to time and feature then in Weekly. Other then that, keep up the good work, and hopefully you won't close early like gamesguru with his GTAF Newsletter or shiva with his 1st GTAF Weekly.  

user posted image

user posted image

Believe it or not it's a pencil drawing.

user posted image

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 17:30)
QUOTE (DanieljJ)
QUOTE (DanieljJ @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:04)
What about the AR-10 bitch?

That was rude of me, I am sorry. I just love my AR-10.

Thanks for taking your time to read this issue. I apologize for the missing sections, I was busy with school and I have a crappy internet connection which goes off randomly especially at night when I'm free
and I was also hyped for the Gameplay video of GTA V(The only time I was hyped since the 2nd trailer). Anyways cheers!

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

'Bout time.

God damn it Girish, get this boys Internet working or we'll be getting more late issues!
Yes, Girish, you can take this one for the team.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yeah, and in case you guys don't get it, Girish works for some 'stupid' Indian ISP broadband. Pretty sure it's mine since it's 'stupid' and it's an Indian Broadband.

Also lzw, start working on your report, this really messed up my scheduling if this goes on, you guys'll be getting outdated news every week.

Also, I've just sent another PM to shoumic reminding about GTAF Rewind which he hadn't replied, we'll see what he thinks about it. smile.gif

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Sorry, but I don't really see the need for Gen-Chat news in issues.

I mean, the GTAForums Weekly topic is already housed in Gen-Chat so I'm p sure people who frequent this section already knows what's circling around this place. Besides, they're not as interesting as the other news columns.

Nevertheless, this is truly a good read.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:27)

I mean, the GTAForums Weekly topic is already housed in Gen-Chat so I'm p sure people who frequent this section already knows what's circling around this place. Besides, they're not as interesting as the other news columns.

But not all who visit this topic are Gen-Chat regulars, sure most of them are but even then it's a really quick way to get information about topics and events they might have missed.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 22:59)
QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:27)

But not all who visit this topic are Gen-Chat regulars, sure most of them are but even then it's a really quick way to get information about topics and events they might have missed.

I have never actually looked in the Gen Chat Area, All the GTA Forums Weekly Topics have come to my attention through other people signatures.

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

I just like to add if somethings worth adding then add it, not everyone in Gen Chat checks every topic icon14.gif

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

No way in hell that's a pencil drawing.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

In love

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

I wanna subscribe!

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

Good as always. icon14.gif

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Good read. icon14.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:25)
I wanna subscribe!

The staff of the GTAForums Weekly have come to an agreement regarding posting issues in the topic and subscriptions. They will do the former one from now on instead of sending the issue to subscribers on weekly basis. Just take a look at the poll on the top of the page.

On-Topic: Great issue. Keep them coming! icon14.gif

Narrow
  • Narrow

Enigmatic Wanderer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

I much preferred the paragraphed style of the Gaming Chat section of the magazine compared to normal, tell the person who works on that section (Sargent.Foley?) that they've greatly improved their writing style.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:55)
Good as always. icon14.gif

By the way, one more thing, resize that MM cover at least a half, it's taking too much space in the weekly. tounge.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

@CallTheCoroner: I didn't believe it myself until I saw the 2nd picture, which showed a man drawing it. tounge.gif
@Andy: It doesn't stretch the page for me, it's kinda fine for me.
@Valenta: Thanks.
@Miro: Thanks for the support man.
@Narrow: It's a new person now, which is the reason it's improved. His name is Lightning Strike.
@Everyone else who left feedback: Thanks a ton!

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

It's a good read as always!

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:20)

It is true though. The picture was drawn by Diego Fazio.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 17:27)
It's a good read as always!

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 15:20)

It is true though. The picture was drawn by Diego Fazio.

Yep, and more realistic drawings and paintings here:

http://www.boredpand...-realistic-art/

And Good read guys icon14.gif

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by GTA-King, 10 July 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Told ya guys that issue was gonna be stellar! Why? Because it contains my life story. I feel like such a rockstar.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Nice issue. I should read this more often. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users