GTAForums Weekly

583 replies to this topic
orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Good second issue. Aphex Twin is trippy as f*ck.

Wolvington
  • Wolvington

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Enjoyed reading. Good work icon14.gif

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

It was a pretty nice read. Also, thanks for making a reference to my Guess the football team game icon14.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Wouldn't mind hearing some gaming news that we don't already know. Good job on 2nd issue, you should reconsider trying to use tables or something for all your text man.. make it cleaner and easier to follow.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 24 June 2013 - 07:31 PM.

I WILL SUBSCRIBE NOW SO I CAN READ THE NEW ISSUES.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 21:29)
I WILL SUBSCRIBE NOW SO I CAN READ THE NEW ISSUES.

We have come to an agreement regarding posting issues in the topic and subscriptions. We will do the former one from now on instead of sending the issue to subscribers on weekly basis. Just take a look at the poll on the top of the page.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

That was brilliant, MoSa & co.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

I liked the font. There's no need for any fancy crap, a simple bolded text looks nice.

Good issue too Master. icon14.gif

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

Might be a good idea to update the first post with links to the issues, ya know wink.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Alright part 2 of the 2nd issue, nothing big I forgot to add ThaBoy's mod of the week blush.gif , I have like 300 messages in my PM box.

Issue #2 - Part II - Mod of The Week

Hello and welcome to my first (and probably not last) column here. In this column we 'll have a closer look in the modding scene of the forums. There're many amazing mods out there, so let's take a look.

user posted image

After all this time, the wait is finally over! We are proud to bring you "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories PC Edition" BETA 3, codenamed "Blue Hesper". In this update you will find a remarkable amount of changes to the engine as well as a nice bundle of missions to complete, most of the first chapter is available to play along with a couple of side missions and some other extras here and there that you will unlock as you progress through the story.

Just to get this out of the way we want to remind all of you that to play this modification, you will need a CLEAN installation of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and we'd also like to remind you to NOT install "Vice City Stories PC Edition" to your "San Andreas" Directory, please follow the instructions of the installer carefully, if you need any more help, read the ReadMe.

Without further ado, head on over to the nearest Download page and get started! The download size is 768MB so once again, be sure to follow any instructions when installing this modification. We hope you all enjoy this, feel free to report anything to us, and be aware that we have an In-Game Updater now, so you'll be getting updates more often! Thank you for showing an interest in our project and we hope you like it!

This week I 'll have a closer look at GTA Vice City Stories PC Edition. Beta 3 has been released June 7th and plays quite smooth for me. A bit lag here and there, but meh, this mod is too good to let a bit of lag distract you. The map is near perfect IMO, I haven't played VC and VCS in a long while but this is the Vice City I remember. Almost all vehicles are there and they look good.. well.. except the Rhino of course. He's a bit.. different.. than his fellow vehicles. But I 'll get into that later.

Besides all the great stuff they did to the map, they also ported a few story missions already. I've played a few and I've to say that it kinda impressed me. They look exactly like the real missions. Besides a few minor things I've nothing negative to say about it. An amazing job. But a feature that I really enjoy, and I think all mods should use it, is the in-game updater. It automaticly searches if there're any updates available and gives you the option to download them. The updates 'll automaticly be installed once you exit the game.

Now, I haven't encountered many bugs myself, but of course, every mod has it's flaws. There were quite some bugs reported in the topic since the release, but I've one that's pretty interesting (and pretty amusing ^^ ). It seems that the Rhino isn't really finished yet. You can see it from the outside already, the wheels are a bit bugged. But when you try to shoot with it, it's where it gets more interesting:

SilentPL, one of the authors of this mod, had this to say:

user posted image

Alright, that's it for this week. I hope you 'll enjoy this mod, and I wish the best of luck to all the authors of this great mod. See you next week.[/center]
ThaBoY

Title:
[WIP|BETA] ViceCityStories PC Edition
Category: Maps
Link: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=439980

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by Sgt. Foley, 25 June 2013 - 02:06 AM.

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 15:26)
Wouldn't mind hearing some gaming news that we don't already know. Good job on 2nd issue, you should reconsider trying to use tables or something for all your text man.. make it cleaner and easier to follow.

Hey GunWrath,

Thanks for your input, I understand where you're coming from. The column/article I wrote was written as soon as that news was out. I follow a gaming website for news and that's basically where I get all of my information/sources from. Next week I'll definitely try to get some more up-to-date news. Sorry about that.

@Ace, could you shrink that logo down a bit for the Mod Of The Week? It stretches my page out.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

I wasn't talking smack, just saying there was already topics in Gen Chat/Gaming Chat relating to that news. So it's something we were already up to date with.

You should follow the dev's Twitters/Facebooks, they usually release more info in those.. or browse around other gaming sites for any last minute news or different takes.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

I didn't say you were talking smack.

I just told you what I do and how I do it really. If I write it too late into the week then it wont be ready in time.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Nice stuff guys. icon14.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:17 AM Edited by GunWrath, 25 June 2013 - 10:19 AM.

Also, at Ace.. be nice to post links for the issues in the first post so that people don't have to dig through pages. icon14.gif

Something like this:

GTAF Weekly Issues
Issue #1Link
Issue #2Link

Make it easier for some, just a suggestion and here's the code for the table if you'd like to use it:
CODE
[tableb][tr][th][COLOR=orange]GTAF Weekly Issues[/COLOR][/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Issue #1[/td][td]Link[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Issue #2[/td][td]Link[/td][/tr]
[/tableb]

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

@GW: Yeah I know, I'm just lazy. tounge.gif

Anyway usually all the team members send their reports on Friday Night IST so any news after that will not be covered.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

GunWrath made the effort to do the job for you, all you need to do is copy paste it (with the links) and you're not? confused.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 13:33)
GunWrath made the effort to do the job for you, all you need to do is copy paste it (with the links) and you're not? confused.gif

I know, I still have to link it, I'll do it the following week, I'm just busy right now.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:05)
I know, I still have to link it

GTAF Weekly Issues
Issue #1Link
Issue #2Part IPart II

CODE
[tableb]
[tr]
[th][color=orange]GTAF Weekly Issues[/color][/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Issue #1[/td]
[td][URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=560265&view=findpost&p=1062642073]Link[/URL][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Issue #2[/td]
[td][URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=560265&view=findpost&p=1062668427]Part I[/URL][/td]
[td][URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=560265&view=findpost&p=1062670230]Part II[/URL][/td]
[/tr]
[/tableb]

Not that hard, is it?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by AceKingston, 26 June 2013 - 10:58 AM.

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 13:44)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 10:05)
I know, I still have to link it

GTAF Weekly Issues
Issue #1Link
Issue #2Part IPart II
CODE
[tableb]
[tr]
[th][color=orange]GTAF Weekly Issues[/color][/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Issue #1[/td]
[td][URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=560265&view=findpost&p=1062642073]Link[/URL][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Issue #2[/td]
[td][URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=560265&view=findpost&p=1062668427]Part I[/URL][/td]
[td][URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=560265&view=findpost&p=1062670230]Part II[/URL][/td]
[/tr]
[/tableb]

Not that hard, is it?

Did you even read the whole post? I told I'll do it later myself, thanks anyway. cookie.gif

Also, if you're still annoyed that I didn't add your Mod of the Week to the main issue, It won't happen again alright? You try doing one issue to see how hard it is. I have to PM myself the reports, then ask everyone else theirs, then put it it together in a PM with the right font and fix the BB Codes and stuff.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

Rather than looking a bit silly I would just thank ThaBoy for his help and move along. smile.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Going to need a new gaming news editor now Foley is gone.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 16:27)
Rather than looking a bit silly I would just thank ThaBoy for his help and move along. smile.gif

I wasn't being rude, I thanked ThaBoy but the only reason I told him that is because his post contained a hint of sarcasm and he sounded quite annoyed when he told me that I had forgot to add it to the main issue.

@tms_junk: He created a new account BR-Z.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

acclimate

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

When is the next edition coming out?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

user posted image

Greetings readers and welcome to the 3rd issue of GTAForums Weekly v2. We have some important news regarding the team, Sgt. Foley/BR-Z has been banned. Details are really unknown at this time, so sadly that is the end of Foley's short stint with us. However we are pleased to inform everyone that we have found an able replacement in the form of Lightning Strike. However, we would like to thank Foley for what he had contributed to our issues. His final article is in this issus.

Enjoy!

user posted image

Not much happened around GTAForums this week, unless you count on GTA-King posting a new topic titled Guess the game from the Screenshot which went up to 4 pages in a day.

Tank has teased the Version 1.5 of GTAForums with the noticeable little black banner at the top, more features are to be added in the coming weeks according to the Forum Staff.

GunWrath has opened up the 69th Edition of SOTW, interested GFX artists submit your entires before the deadline. Mockage won the previous won, so congratulations Mock!

Activity in Debates and Discussions is very low atm with just 1 topic created in the past week, if you are interested in opening up new discussions, feel free to do so but make sure it meets the standard D&D rules.

JAJ and Co celebrated hundreds of the San Andreas chain game, congratulations JAJ!

Finally, I decided to ring up Coat. on a special interview on his story Peasent Blurs. So far, nine chapters have been published, Coat. has been writing it for over a year, now.

AK: What was your exact source of inspiration for Peasant Blurs?

Coat:What inspired and still is inspiring me is my life. Everything I've heard, seen, tasted and experience is what my drive comes from. Many songs and television shows prompted me to write my own work. There is no exact source of my inspiration. Although, a lot of my scenery ideas are inspired from Breaking Bad.

AK:The dialogue and the interactions between the characters are so good, any tips for others willing to have a good dialogue?

Coat:To be honest, I don't think my dialogue is good as it can be. Nevertheless, I try to make the dialogue and conversations between the characters sound authentic. Try to put your self into the shoes of the character - as Morkie Dela once told me. For the audience to read the dialogue, it needs to flow. Each character speaking should have a separate line.

AK.: AceRay and you worked on Peasant Blurs for quite some time but then he dropped out, why?

Coat:I believe we both had great ideas, but I had so many plans on where the story would head. Aceray suggested that I should of stopped posting it on the forums, but to try and get it published independently. I thought about it for some time and stopped writting new chapters for Peasant Blurs all together. Aceray and I slowly parted but I eventually continued it. Aceray really pushed me to produce an 'action packed' chapter, and so chapter six 'Ain't no grave' was produced.

AK: You said that Ross was your favorite character in the story, despite being a guy with mental issues...

Coat: Indeed I did. I believe the quiet guy is always the most 'mysterious'. He was a fun character to create. It is quite funny actually - I never intended to make Ross out to be a guy with mental issues but once I looked at his action and dialogue, I just had to make him like that. He was meant to be, I guess.

AK: And finally when do you plan on finishing it?

Coat.: Let's just say I've only scrapped the top of the iceberg. The story has so much more to go and at the moment, I have no plans of finishing it yet.

Thank your for taking you're time Coat. that's it here.

user posted image

Member RyanM1995 created the 'Would you buy GTA V twice?' topic a few days ago, and I think that's an interesting question. We know from Rockstar that GTAV will release for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on September 17th. Chances are that it will eventually release for the PC platform, and perhaps next-generation consoles. Are you going to pay twice for the same title to enjoy it on more than one platform, and what are your thoughts? Share them with us!

A lot of databases have been created ever since the announcement of V, but not all of them are in the News section or pinned. They are the best topics to find out if something has already been confirmed or not. Here is a list of the databases I found while searching:

GTA V Previews Database by PrometheusX
GTA V Weapons Information by Stephan123
GTA V Vehicle Database by Azazel
Confirmed Music in GTA:V by darkplague
GTA V Characters Database by Remi749
GTA V Business Database by Remi749
GTA V Neighbourhoods & Localities Database by DTUMan
GTA V Interior Database by gtafreak10
GTA V Animal Database by Remi749
GTA V Clothing Database by SomeManForGTA
GTA V Mission Database by LazyboyEight [not updated anymore unfortunately, because of lack of interest]

Have you already pre-rodered the game, and if yes, which edition and in which store for what price? Tell us in wolfnasty's 'Have you pre-ordered, and if so...' topic.

Imagine you could ask Rockstar any question about GTAV and you would get an answer for it. What would you like to know? gtafreak10's 'If you could ask R* any question' topic deals with this very question. Don't hesitate to add your contribution!

As you might know, there are some serious issues in the multiplayer of GTAIV, mainly cheaters and hackers, that ruin the experience for others. RockStarNiko's 'Will RockStar fix multiplayer for GTA V?' topic brings an important issue on the table, especially since multiplayer will play a bigger role than ever before. What kind of system should Rockstar implement in the multiplayer of future titles, including GTAV, to prevent hackers and cheaters ruining the experience for you and other gamers? Discuss possible solutions here.

Last but not least, DetectDefective created an interesting topic, namely 'An extremely disturbing mission in GTA V?'. What kinds of 'disturbing missions' did you see in past GTAs and would like to see returning? Do you have any ideas that may be interesting, and is there something that Rockstar didn't do yet but should consider in the next installment of the GTA series? Let us know what you think and discuss the ideas of other forum members

user posted image

Gen-Chat was bustling around with activity as usual with the Have A Question V2 topic crossing a hundred pages.

Topic wise, not many were opened up this week.

Some threads namely Trayvon Martin and London Underground completes 150 years of service. became active after bumps from Mr. Mordeaci and Valenta respectively.

A new Brain Teasers and Riddles Topic was opened up by The Armageddon becoming a hot topic in less than a week.

Legend9000 also opened up a new topic Do you use other forums? asking members if they used only GTAF or they did lurk other forums too.

Finally, deffpony celebrated his 6000th post, congrats Ponyboy!

That's it here.

user posted image

Member Name: miromiro

Miro has been one of the forum's most outstanding contributors over the last few years, starting out with a problem related to San Andreas, he himself became a forum wizard. His GTA-Network Newbie Guide has been extremely useful for many members, thus earning miro his first medal. Miro still helps out others by doing SNP's which earned him his second medal. His third came from the 2010 Annual Forum Awards where he won "Most Improved" for 2010. Despite being such a helpful contributor, he has never won the "Most Helpful" Award in the Annual Forum Awards, coming 2nd and 3rd places numerous times.

user posted image

Our member for this week was Valenta.

Valenta has definitely been one of the better members of 2013. A solid all around contributor who often posts in General Chat always happy and never loses his temper. Valenta is so far best known for his posts in the "Pananormal Talk and other creepy stuff" topic where he posts some of the most fascinating myth stories for everyone's entertainement. Valenta can also be found contributing around gaming chat. So Valenta is our member of the week.

Mod of The Week

Hello and welcome to another Mod of the Week. This week I jumped into the showroom and searched for a fun CLEO mod. And I found a pretty interesting mod for everyone out there, who still likes to play SA from time to time.

The mod, by SilentPL, adds a real GPS to the game (very similar to the GPS seen in the old NFS games imo). But besides an arrow showing you where to go, it also adds a real voice that directs you the way. The voices are available in three languages: English, Polish and Dutch. The mod has a few bugs of course, it is a bit inaccurate sometimes, but I haven't noticed too many problems with it.

In my opinion, this mod is pretty amusing and a nice addition to the game. If you still play SA from time to time, I recommend to try it out and see the magic happen. That's it for modding, see y'all next week.

Title: [REL|SA|CLEO] GPS
Category: Coding
Link: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=460133

user posted image

And this is Foley's final report for us, Enjoy it guys:

Another issue of GTAF Weekly means another Gaming News Weekly! This time we'll be talking about the Xbox One and it's possible 360 headset adapter, GTA V breaking record sales in the UK, then we talk about how Microsoft isn't charging developers anymore to update their games, Finally, Microsoft's Game Studio VP Phil Spencer talks about the Halo 2 anniversary. First, let's start off with the big news. Rockstar Games is preparing an extraordinary GTA 5 release day in the UK with a record-breaking number of copies set aside for launch. A retail source has said the game's publisher will allocate three million copies for the UK alone, giving it scope to outstrip the fastest selling UK game ever, Call of Duty: Black Ops. However, Activision's immensely popular shooter sold 1.4 million units in a single day in the UK. In 2008, Grand Theft Auto IV sold 630,000 copies on its first day of release. Do you guys think Grand Theft Auto V will kick CoD: Black Ops out of it's place just in the first day? Or will it take some time? Next in gaming news, a Microsoft rep has confirmed that they are working on a Xbox One adapter for any 360 headset. The news comes via the Xbox Support Twitter account, responding to a question about whether existing headsets will work with the new console. “We are working to develop an adapter for current wired headsets to connect. More details as we approach launch,” a representative said. The Xbox One will not come bundled with a headset, because the Kinect, which is bundled in every package and required for the console to function, will perform basic voice chat abilities. Now on to an interesting news story. Microsoft has reportedly dropped the substantial fee it charges for re-certification of Xbox 360 games following title updates, according to Eurogamer's "multiple development sources". The quiet change to policy occurred earlier this year, and significantly benefits indie developers who were often stung by the fee, reported to be around $40,000 per patch. The new process for Xbox 360 game certification involves Microsoft charging an initial fee to certify the game, followed by free re-certification for all future title updates. Previously Microsoft granted just one free title update per game, with all other patches including the fee; a process designed to encourage developers to polish their games to the best of their ability before submitting them for review. However, the new rules allegedly include something along the lines of a 'fair use policy', whereby Microsoft will still charge developers if they're deemed to be making an excessive amount of patch submissions. At this stage it's unclear if the same policy of free game title update certification will carry over to the Xbox One, but it's at least a step in the right direction for supporting independent developers. Finally, we talk about the Halo 2 Anniversary. Microsoft Game Studios VP Phil Spencer has revealed that the company is currently in discussions regarding a Halo 2 Anniversary title. When asked in a recent interview with IGN if the Halo Xbox One teaser at E3 meant no Halo 2 Anniversary in 2014 he replied, ”I’ll be open. We have discussions about it. It’s more about the right time and making sure that we really would do the right thing for the franchise. “The Halo Anniversary that we did was as much about the launch of the first Xbox as well. It was a culmination of many things coming together. It would probably run out of steam if we were trying to think about, “Okay, what’s 10 years old now?”. “It’s definitely more from the game itself, the experience that we’re able to bring to market. Less about ‘is the last digit a zero?’ in terms of its anniversary.” Fans and Gamers everywhere would be excited to see a Halo 2 anniversary in the next coming years (2014-2015).

That's all the great gaming news for this week, stay tuned for next weeks edition!

Thank you for all the time you took to write up these wonderful articles Foley. As a tribute Foley will be added to the retired staff list in the main post.

user posted image

This week zoo3891 and LZW had a little chat about zoo's GTA story.

LZW: When did you first play GTA and what GTA was it?
Z: It was around 2006 or 2007. Whenever video games were discussed at the school lunch table Grand theft Auto: San Andreas always seemed to come up, so for my birthday I begged my dad to buy it for me to see what all the hype was about.
LZW: When and why did you first join GTAForums?
Z: I came across the forum while going through the wiki and a few other fan sites back in 2010. I joined because it was a forum and I wasn't really doing much on the internet at the time.
LZW: What's your favourite GTA game and why?
Z: San Andreas. There was so much to do in the game, especially if you had pages of cheats, and myths to explore.
LZW: If you could reside in any GTA location where would it be?
Z: Vice Point, Vice City. It's such a fantastic city, and Vice Point is right in the center of everything.
LZW: Who is your favourite of all the GTA girls (...or guys)?
Z: Mallorie Bardas, she's one of the most positive, upbeat characters in the GTA series.
LZW: Who would make the best sidekick for you of all the protagonists?
Z: I think I'd work best with Carl.
LZW: How did you come up with your username?
Z: It's based on my old youtube username which is based on a brand of clothing that I had liked when I made the youtube account. I didn't put much thought into the username.
LZW: You are/were a part of the GTAF.Skype chat, what do yo I think of it?
Z: I only really lurked, and not as often as I'd like to have. At first it was pretty fun, but then a few people took it a little too seriously.
LZW: I know exactly what you mean rolleyes.gif . If you held your own GTAF awards what would be one category you would add?
Z: I think instead of adding something I'd split up the Best GTA Series contributor award. The top-down section, GTA San Andreas section, and GTA V section are all completely different from each other, among the others. Besides that I can't really think of any improvements that could be made.
LZW: Sounds good to me. What is one thing that many people might not know about you?
Z: There's this blinking light on my network adapter, and it's one of the most horrifying things in the world. When it goes out I know that I'm going to have to restart my computer to get it working properly again, and when it turns red I know I'm going to have to run over to the modem and restart that. The damn thing controls me, and I am terrified of it.
LZW: Haha, thanks for taking the time. smile.gif

user posted image

And now I decided to ring up fellow GTAF Weekly contributor and the Forum Wizard, it's none other than Shoumic.

[font=Arial]
AK:How and why did you join GTAF?

Shoumic:  Funny story, I actually stumbled upon GTA forums mistakenly when I clicked an advertisement on YouTube. It led me to GTAV.net for whatever reason which somehow led me to GTAForums. I made a post on my first day but I lost interest fairly quickly. But when R* released the first two screenshots of the game and as Kirsty said:

QUOTE (Kirsty)
What do you think of the first screenshots? Discuss them here over at GTAForums.

I just had to come and discuss. Eventually I became a regular member. wink.gif

Quite obviously. At the start I joined the forum to seek information on R*’s most ambitious project yet Grand Theft Auto V and to discuss a few things with the other members. But as I started to become a more active member, I post in a lot of the other areas around the forum. I'm glad I found this place. I wouldn't of gotten to know so many people from different parts of the world if it weren't the case. There are many things you can also learn from great members here. This place has a great community feel to it, there's a perfect number of active members as you can always have a discussion without the topic dyeing out very quickly, you often see the same members around so it's easier to get to know them. The staff members have done a great job maintaining this place, especially Tank.

AK:You recently said your real life name was shoumic which is kinda odd for someone from Bangladesh.

Shoumic: Well, I've always liked my name. it has a certain uniqueness to it. You wont find that many people with the same name which is why I believe my parents picked it. Most of my friends do have very common names and you'll find other people in my school having the same name as them

AK:You are starting to become one of the most helpful members on the forum....

Shoumic: Well I wouldn't really say that since I only come to the forum mostly to pass time, interact with others and to take part in the most prestigious game in this forum 'The San Andreas Chain Game', I try to help out anyone I can. But there are many members in this forum who help just as much or more.

AK:Which OGA gang would you like to join?

Shoumic: You know me well enough that I don't like to answer questions like these. wink.gif

AK:"Respect Lists are so 2007, lame" You agreed on that:

Shoumic: I just feel that respect lists do indeed have a negative effect as well at times. If someone respects you and their name is not on your list it may make them think you don't respect them back when at times this isn't the case. This may hurt their feelings. It's kind of annoying updating your respect list as well so I decided to scrap all the names off it.

AK:You have been known as a Forum Whiz by many members...

Shoumic: It doesn't bother me in any way. A few thought I was a PBM as well. And a few of the guys I know like to make jokes regarding this at times. But in all honesty, some members just pick these things up faster than others. Hence, no way am I a forum whiz in any way as I'm still on the learning curve, there are many things I have yet to pick up.

AK:If you could choose:

1. Your favorite member

Shoumic: Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian- His posts in the V section are a pleasure to read. His medal is well deserved. Seeing how he was when he first joined you would never of expected him to become the member he is today.

2. The best contributor

Shoumic: The best contributor- meta187. Self explanatory- For all of his work he's done regarding 'For the <3<3<3 of $$$.' I'm sure he'll get another major contribution award after his third and final installment.

3. The best new member of 2013

Shoumic: There are many noticeable members I've seen this year. Narrow being the strangest (I have my reasons), although he has the best posts out of all the new members. I think I know why but lets not get into that. rudy. is also another member that I feel is doing well around the forum. A lot of his posts are great to read. He has potential to become a great member, hopefully he'll remain active. Valenta is another member that joined in 2013 and is doing well, he's cool.

4. The most improved.

Shoumic I'm not sure about this one to be honest. It's simply to early to answer this question. If the awards were to take place at this very moment I would have no idea who to even nominate too be perfectly honest.

AK:Are you disappointed by the lack of PC information of GTA V by Rockstar, seeing as you are a PC gamer.

Shoumic: I was before but not anymore. I understand we'll get a PC version eventually and I'm more than happy to wait for it. I might borrow a console from a friend to play this game on day one but I'm not so sure about it. I think R* will announce the PC version sometime in December (They usually announce it a couple of months after the console release). I remember Audiophile made me send Adriaan a PM on this. God I was so stupid back then. turn.gif

AK:And finally, being part of the team, do you think we'd overtake gamesguru's hundred issues?

Shoumic: It'll certainly be an achievement wouldn't it? We will only be able to reach that many with a lot of hard work. Hopefully this will run smoothly for a long time to come and you never know, we might surpass 100 issues one day. Gamesguru showed a lot of dedication and that's what we need to do as well.

Thank you for taking your time shoumic.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:57)
QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 13:02)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 21:38)
You fell on your chin, and you feel numbness in your shin? Did you make a typo, which did you fall on? Chin or Shin?

He means shin, Finn. happy.gif He talks about his leg in the rest of the post.

Finn wasn't totally sold on the shin, perhaps he damaged nerves in his chin connected to his shin, I didn't believe therewas any chin to shin nerve systems, butFinn is not a doc. Would have been serious if injury in the chin numbed the shin thought Finn.

Haha sh*ttest thing Finn uttered...Better put it in the bin. Ergh, end this.
It's truly a sin ph34r.gif

That's it for this issue. We apologise for the missing Song of The Week section since Pinky has been inactive of late. Hopefully it'll return, anyway Cheers! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

That was a good read icon14.gif

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Infrequent poster....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the spotlight! icon14.gif Wasn't expecting it at all. A thoroughly good read from start to finish.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'm glad I could contribute something good to this place.

:]

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

haha another good one for the records icon14.gif btw wouldn't it be best to have the poll removed now that it's been finally decided to post them in this topic?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Wow, I really like this. Guess im gonna have to keep track of this topic wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users