Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:36 AM

I just read the issue, I'd like to subscribe icon14.gif
  • abccba123 likes this

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Labore et Scientia

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:45 AM Edited by Valenta, 18 June 2013 - 04:26 AM.

I'd like to subscribe, please. That was a good read. icon14.gif

athande
  • athande

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hook me up with a subscription, yo'.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

The subscribers thing will be put to vote!

Poll will be up soon.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 01:49)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 13:13)
Erm, not that's just time consuming, it does sound a good idea on paper but it's going to be a real pain if we PM everyone like that, the only way we could do is ask a Staff member to PM the issues to everyone, Waddy did it for gamesguru.

Not necessarily. I think I have an idea; let's try it at least with the forthcoming issue. If it doesn't turn out to be beneficial for us, for example because it indeed takes a lot of time to get it done, then we can still stop with the subscriptions. But at least, we can say then that we tried it. Anyway, when you're posting the next issue on the weekend, I'm going to PM it to all those who have subscribed. I'll leave a link to this post in the note pad of my profile so I won't forget about it! smile.gif

#1 ThePinkFloyedSound
#2 AndyGanteks
#3 shoumic
#4 lzw3
#5 Tommy.
#6 Sgt. Foley
#7 Devyl
#8 ThaBoY
#9 universetwisters
#10 UtricularEwe001
#11 NCONiall
#12 miromiro
#13 ManDog
#14 COOLMAN12234555896
#15 DarrinPA
#16 Kirsty
#17 PrometheusX
#18 GunWrath
#19 Gtaghost22
#20 OHDUDE
#21 NateShaw92
#22 tms_junk
#23 Bull12345Bull
#24 blitz
#25 The Armageddon

I've subscribed too, can you add me too then as well?

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Sub. Scribe. Even though that's only one word I thought I could make it a little more dramatic.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

No polls allowed in gen chat. tounge.gif

tbh I don't like andreas's method at all, the whole point of subscribing is that the subscribers receive the issue exclusively in the first place, i don't see the point of linking them the issue to the subscribers, I thought that if we added subscribers it would increase our reader base, i posted the first issue so that if members like it they can subscribe to the issue.

well we'll wait and see, a question to voodoo and others against pm messages, would you prefer a staff member to PM the issue instead of me, waddy did it for guru..

@harley: yeah the reason i posted it was that foley didn't put any effort on the gfx other than the adding a bother.
@everyone else: we are NOT sure about the subscription thingy, so please don't drop a line until we reach a decision.

Kwabs
  • Kwabs

Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 15:27)
tbh I don't like andreas's method at all, the whole point of subscribing is that the subscribers receive the issue exclusively in the first place, i don't see the point of linking them the issue to the subscribers

You could always PM the issue to the subscribers a few days before you post it in the topic. Then it's still some sort of exclusive, but also available for others who just drop in the topic time by time.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by AceKingston, 18 June 2013 - 01:58 PM.

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 19:01)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 15:27)
tbh I don't like andreas's method at all, the whole point of subscribing is that the subscribers receive the issue exclusively in the first place, i don't see the point of linking them the issue to the subscribers

You could always PM the issue to the subscribers a few days before you post it in the topic. Then it's still some sort of exclusive, but also available for others who just drop in the topic time by time.

that's even more time consuming, remember we take events that happen the whole week, so a lot of things may get cut off.

E: well I've been going through the posts of the first newsletter and there seemed to be a hell lot of problem distributing it to the members ie members not receiving the issue, so I'm inclining to post it here.

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

the whole point of subscribing is that the subscribers receive the issue exclusively in the first place

Huh? turn.gif That's basically saying you have to be subscribed to a youtube user if you want to watch their videos.
Throw subscribing out the window and post the issue here. If they really do care about reading it then they'll be sure to check up on this page every Saturday/Sunday (depending on where you live)

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Great first issue, I look forward to reading this regularly. I always enjoy the interviews smile.gif

Regarding the PM thing, I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Why not have a subscribers list and ask a mod to PM it each week; they are able to send to multiple users so all they need to do is copy/paste the list and copy/paste the issue into the body and send, I'm sure any of the active mods wouldn't have a problem doing so if you just asked. It doesn't really matter who sends it, but doing it yourselves is going to be very time consuming. Once it's confirmed as sent, you can post it in this topic to say that subscribers can read their copy freshly delivered to their mailbox, and here's the issue for everyone else etc etc (or perhaps even release it a little later, if you really want to be exclusive) Just my 2 cents.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Lesotho

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Bit late... but I'll subscribe. icon14.gif

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

I have a awesome idea on how to get the subscribed members to see the next issue quickly, without trouble and IMO it's the best way we/you can do this

Thankfully CCJJBB has his own forums he's made (For testing) if he could make a sub forums on his forums for the subscribed members then the next issue could be posted there in advanced

The sub forums on CCJJBB forums will be exclusive for GTAF Weekly subscribed members only therefore it would be managed quickly and easily that way icon14.gif

I have a talk with CCJJBB about this to see if it's ok to do it this way, if it's all well then you can inform the subscribed members to register on the forums

I believe this would be the best way to do it icon14.gif

Hope it won't be classed as advertizing tounge.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (s7free @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 12:15)
I have a awesome idea on how to get the subscribed members to see the next issue quickly, without trouble and IMO it's the best way we/you can do this

Thankfully CCJJBB has his own forums he's made (For testing) if he could make a sub forums on his forums for the subscribed members then the next issue could be posted there in advanced

The sub forums on CCJJBB forums will be exclusive for GTAF Weekly subscribed members only therefore it would be managed quickly and easily that way icon14.gif

I have a talk with CCJJBB about this to see if it's ok to do it this way, if it's all well then you can inform the subscribed members to register on the forums

I'm guessing it will be. But more importantly than that, why would anyone here go and register there when they could just as easily get it here? Damn, that was quite the mouthful.

Seriously, no one will register to another forum to read a newsletter about the GTAForums.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by Rizqan7, 19 June 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Hello you all, I'm back after 7 days banned sad.gif , I just want to say, I love you all, I very happy join in GTA Forum to modding, and I like to share happy, amuse, etc, to make the forum more happily than before, buddy, if you don't like me and hate me, no problem as long as I still members here, and last, don't say me troll or other, because I not troll, I just original member that just have beginner skill, thanks smile.gif .

EDIT: Hopefully I not banned again smile.gif

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:25 PM Edited by s7free, 19 June 2013 - 12:30 PM.

@TJ the whole point was instead of constant PMing around why not have a forums for it? it would be far more efficient IMO

See what AK thinks about it

EDIT: Well just like to add that certain gangs have their own forums so why not GTAF weekly? it will only be for GTAF weekly so hopefully if it does count as advertizing it can be accepted in this case

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:13 PM Edited by Rizqan7, 19 June 2013 - 01:14 PM.

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 05:12)
[color=tomato]Huh? turn.gif That's basically saying you have to be subscribed to a youtube user if you want to watch their videos.
Throw subscribing out the window and post the issue here.

Just throw he to window, not subcribing

EDIT: Post issue here is good opinion =)

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Um, I dunno, creating a whole new forum for just the sake of one topic? I really don't know, tms already stated it, why would someone register for the sake of reading issue's, when they can get it here?

@Lzw3: Yeah, I guess so.

I'll asked the mods to put up a poll specially for this topic, whether members want the issue to be posted here or sent via PM. Majority wins, obviously.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 07:19)
QUOTE (s7free @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 12:15)

I'm guessing it will be. But more importantly than that, why would anyone here go and register there when they could just as easily get it here? Damn, that was quite the mouthful.

Seriously, no one will register to another forum to read a newsletter about the GTAForums.

This.

There's really no point in a separate forum just for one topic. When not a lot of people will want to register on another forum, go log-in to view the issue then come right back to GTAF when they're finished. The subscribers thing was a good idea.. but if you want subscribers for sure, why not put in some bonuses in the issue that only Subscribers can have? Then PM the 'premium GTAFW' or what have you.

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• GTA Series Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 19 June 2013 - 03:58 PM.

QUOTE (s7free @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:15)
<snip>

Really? turn.gif

It was a test forum for a reason and I don't think your idea is good, to be honest. First of all, there is no need to register on another forum just for the subscription of GTAF Weekly [if there is one; it's still not entirely sure yet] and I doubt that anyone is willing to do it. GTAF Weekly is about GTAForums, and a seperate forum just for a timed-exclusive article is a bit of an exaggeration. Not to mention that it's not worth the effort, and it's just a huge waste of time.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 18:57)
No polls allowed in gen chat. tounge.gif

Added.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Regarding the poll.. Why not both? I've been busy with school so I haven't been keeping up with this. Can someone fill me in? smile.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Thanks Girish. I nulled vote, since I don't want to vote and it's a 6-6 stalemate now.

@Shoumic: Both? I don't really see the use of both pm'ing issues and posting it in the topic, we should do either one.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 22:41)
@Shoumic: Both? I don't really see the use of both pm'ing issues and posting it in the topic, we should do either one.

That's the thing. There are many people who would prefer all the issues being in this topic and there are people who would prefer being PM'd a copy with the current poll. The problem with what you're doing is that only one side will be happy with the verdict since there's only one winner at the end of the day. Making people unhappy will potentially lead to losing readers since many will feel we don't care about their opinions. That's why I think it shouldn't be too much of a hassle both PM'ing the issue and posting it in the topic. So I ask again why not both?

It'll only make everyone happy.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 22:15)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 22:41)

That's the thing. There are many people who would prefer all the issues being in this topic and there are people who would prefer being PM'd a copy with the current poll. The problem with what you're doing is that only one side will be happy with the verdict since there's only one winner at the end of the day. Making people unhappy will potentially lead to losing readers since many will feel we don't care about their opinions. That's why I think it shouldn't be too much of a hassle both PM'ing the issue and posting it in the topic. So I ask again why not both?

It'll only make everyone happy.

Yeah but there are 2 problems:

1) Posting issues here will mean decreasing the subscribers rate, people can just tune in here and read the issue so they'll know there is no need to subscribe and the people supporting subscription will start posing questions.
2) The members who want the issue posted here may be happy but they will also pose questions about why we continue to send PM's to subscribers when they are against it.

To be honest, I don't see the point of both shoumic, yes it is indeed a good idea on paper but I don't think it could work out.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

If posting it here wins, then the first post should be updated with the pages where the Weekly is posted at, so that newcomers won't have to search the entire topic.

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• GTA Series Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 18:52)
1) Posting issues here will mean decreasing the subscribers rate, people can just tune in here and read the issue so they'll know there is no need to subscribe and the people supporting subscription will start posing questions.
2) The members who want the issue posted here may be happy but they will also pose questions about why we continue to send PM's to subscribers when they are against it.

I don't think that those who want it here in the topic are really against PM subscribers. They just want to read the issue here in the topic, instead of getting a private message every other week that contains the article. If you have both, then everyone should be satisfied. As for the decreasing subscribers rate, that's not a bad thing at all! In the end, it's important to gain as many readers as possible, no matter which of those two ways. Not everyone who posted in this topic is a General Chat regular, meaning there are members who just coincidentally posted; and for exact these people would be PM subscribing preferable. It would barely make any difference in the effort to either just PM the issue to members who subscibed or doing the same thing plus posting the issue here in the topic. Maybe I have forgotten something...

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

I voted for it to be posted in here. Much simpler, ya dig?

user posted image

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Ain't nothin' over til it's over.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 17:41)
I voted for it to be posted in here. Much simpler, ya dig?

user posted image

What was the point of the .gif? Seriously.

sarcasm.gif

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by s7free, 19 June 2013 - 06:14 PM.

I still think it would be the best solution but seems no one appreciates efficiency

Anyway as my idea went down the drain i'd go for scraping the subscribers and do it normally icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users