Photo

GTAForums Weekly

583 replies to this topic
Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:43 PM Edited by ManDog, 16 June 2013 - 12:50 PM.

I will forever wonder how I'm strange/a weirdo tounge.gif

Anyways, great issue. Took some time to read all of it though biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh, and here's a suggestion; why don't you continue posting the issues in this topic, but just send subscribers a notice (via PM, ofcourse) saying that there's a new issue posted?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 18:13)
I will forever wonder how I'm strange/a weirdo tounge.gif

Anyways, great issue. Took some time to read all of it though biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh, and here's a suggestion; why don't you continue posting the issues in this topic, but just send subscribers a notice (via PM, ofcourse) saying that there's a new issue posted?

thank you both.

but sending them that an issue has been published is more tiring than sending the issue to them itself.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Not too shabby for the first edition, I hope the next one has more exciting stuff added. icon14.gif

btw, lmfao
user posted image

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

That was a pretty decent read. You should stick with Arial so it's easier on the eyes though, and I agree that posting issues in the topic makes the most sense.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

thanks GW.

btw, I wouldn't remove Foley from the team since he did a pretty good job with the gaming chat article.

E: thanks voodoo.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Haha, I didn't expect to see my username on the issue. Great job on it, btw! icon14.gif

Add me to the subscribers list, too, please.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Good job putting this together folks...keep it up. icon14.gif

I liked the PM method of the previous GTAFWeekly. You'd get a PM notice in your email from Waddy and then be relieved when you opened it to find out it wasn't a warning or general scolding.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Nice update @Ace. Keep pulling the strings up. icon14.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Good job fellas.

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 13:06)
You should stick with Arial so it's easier on the eyes though,

About this, the font's name [which he intended to use] was misspelt, it's supposed to be "Levenim MT" without a third e @Ace.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Suggestion: In the future, ask a moderator to update the topic title to reflect new issues. Just add the latest issue # or date to it.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, change dat font. I skimmed through most of it because it hurt my eyes.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by CallTheCoroner, 16 June 2013 - 09:49 PM.

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 21:14)
Yeah, change dat font. I skimmed through most of it because it hurt my eyes.

Well it happens to be the one font that doesn't hurt my eyes.

QUOTE (GTA Weekly)
Another controversy broke out in Gen-Chat, this time in the Grumpy Old Forumers topic. It all started with tms_junk's rant about asking GFX'ers to make a GFX and when someone else uses it without permission when CallTheCoroner stepped in and told him to get over it as it was just the internet, it soon turned into a argument between the two and soon even Melchior asked CallTheCoroner to just shut up. CallTheCoroner retaliated and insulted shoumic who had posted above asking him to give some stupid facts about GTAF which nobody cared about, shoumic retaliated and told that he went off-topic everywhere more members joined in and shoumic edited the post later but the damage had been done,  and the argument stopped only after 1 and a half pages, this argument nearly got the topic locked by it has escaped a lock and now everything seems perfectly fine there.

Really?

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

How do I subscribe?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (blitz @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 23:06)
How do I subscribe?

Just say you want to subscribe then Ace/MoSA will add you to the "subscription list" tounge.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 03:38)
QUOTE (blitz @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 23:06)
How do I subscribe?

Just say you want to subscribe then Ace/MoSA will add you to the "subscription list" tounge.gif

Eh, we've stopped the subscription thingy. All issues will be posted here.

@CallTheCoroner: The last time I saw, that was what happened.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 12:30)
Eh, we've stopped the subscription thingy.

But why though? If I have understand it right, then you wanted GTAF Weekly to be subscription-only; only those who subscribed would receive the article through a private message on weekly basis. It would be the best to keep it that way, but also posting the article in this topic. GTAF Weekly would gain more readers, and that's what we want, no? I could help you out there. You post the article here, then you sent me a PM with the link to it; and everyone who subscribed will receive the article through PM from me.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 19:07)

But why though? If I have understand it right, then you wanted GTAF Weekly to be subscription-only; only those who subscribed would receive the article through a private message on weekly basis. It would be the best to keep it that way, but also posting the article in this topic. GTAF Weekly would gain more readers, and that's what we want, no? I could help you out there. You post the article here, then you sent me a PM with the link to it; and everyone who subscribed will receive the article through PM from me.

I agree, also @Ace/MoSA I insist of reinstating the subscription. Hell I forgot to subscribe here, just add me for more updates.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 16:37)

Erm, not that's just time consuming, it does sound a good idea on paper but it's going to be a real pain if we PM everyone like that, the only way we could do is ask a Staff member to PM the issues to everyone, Waddy did it for gamesguru.

BTW, kinda off topic but can someone link me the newsletter before gamesguru's? I've been going through some of the first posts and there was a newsletter started before but didn't even get a single issue, can someone link me to it?

The Armageddon(Temp)
  • The Armageddon(Temp)

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hope its as good or even better than previous one...
I subscribe.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Loved it!

Can't lie that I enjoyed reading about myself.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:09 PM Edited by orbitalraindrops, 17 June 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Pretty good read. Should do it more often. Get someone to be a forum agony aunt. My vote goes for GTA - Stu.

Skip to 0.25
The forums is the Sheriff of Nottingham and GTA King is robin hood.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 18 June 2013 - 02:14 PM.

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 13:13)
Erm, not that's just time consuming, it does sound a good idea on paper but it's going to be a real pain if we PM everyone like that, the only way we could do is ask a Staff member to PM the issues to everyone, Waddy did it for gamesguru.

Not necessarily. I think I have an idea; let's try it at least with the forthcoming issue. If it doesn't turn out to be beneficial for us, for example because it indeed takes a lot of time to get it done, then we can still stop with the subscriptions. But at least, we can say then that we tried it. Anyway, when you're posting the next issue on the weekend, I'm going to PM it to all those who have subscribed. I'll leave a link to this post in the note pad of my profile so I won't forget about it! smile.gif

#1 ThePinkFloyedSound
#2 AndyGanteks
#3 shoumic
#4 lzw3
#5 Tommy.
#6 Sgt. Foley
#7 Devyl
#8 ThaBoY
#9 universetwisters
#10 UtricularEwe001
#11 NCONiall
#12 miromiro
#13 ManDog
#14 COOLMAN12234555896
#15 DarrinPA
#16 Kirsty
#17 PrometheusX
#18 GunWrath
#19 Gtaghost22
#20 OHDUDE
#21 NateShaw92
#22 tms_junk
#23 Bull12345Bull
#24 blitz
#25 The Armageddon
#26 The_Sorrow
#27 Valenta
#28 Coat.
#29 ExtremeLimitations
#30 Kifflom112

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

What is the big problem with posting the issues in the topic? It's less effort for the publisher than doing a mass PM and how hard is it to just look at the topic to read it? Maintaining a subscription list is a pain in the ass. If you're concerned about organization just edit the first post with each new issue.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

The idea would be to have both: subscriptions and this topic with one issue per week. The latter one will definitely happen, that's out of the question. However, not everyone is going to check Gen Chat; and then there are the ones who are interested but forget about it or already have forgotten about it. The subscription thing is only some sort of test so it's not sure if we would keep it or not. It depends on how much work it exactly is. That's why I will try it with the next issue of GTAF Weekly.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 15:56)
Loved it!

No surprise there. You crave the attention. You're really turning into the forum Britney.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 19:14)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 15:56)
Loved it!

No surprise there. You crave the attention. You're really turning into the forum Britney.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Haha, perfect.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

I just realized the song that's actually playing in the car is Gaga's 'Just Dance'. I can't believe I missed that before. lol.gif

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by Devyl, 17 June 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Let me give my 2 cents. As a real-life journalist, here's how we do it at work:

We talk amongst ourselves to figure out who's doing what and then we keep track of it via a shared Google spreadsheet. You can make it invite-only and send it out to all the staffs' e-mail addresses. After we get our writing done and proofread everything, we submit it via Wordpress (you'd be skipping this step and the editor of GTAFW would get it sent to them via e-mail or the shared Google spreadsheet), and then it's published. We can keep this thread, and post only the GTAF Weekly in here and let non-staffers reply and such. All staff-related talk can be done via PM or e-mail. It isn't hard, and if you want me to get the spreadsheet setup and shared; that isn't a problem.

What I'm getting at is there's no real need for a subscription. Once we get it going on a regular basis (like every Saturday or whatever day you choose), people will come and flock to the new GTAFW when it's published. Or you could ask a mod and see if they can just do a bulk PM to everyone on here letting them know it's up and ready.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 04:52)
Meanwhile, controversy broke out in the recently finished SOTW #67, where GFX artist Sgt. Foley posted his entry however Harley later pointed out towards the end of the voting that all he did was rip of a Google Image and added a border, seeing this other artists were quite annoyed and told him to put more effort next time. Despite the controversy Foley still managed to finish in 4th place with 18 points behind blitz(19 points), Limitless(20 points) and the winner GunWrath(35 points), the team would like to congratulate GunWrath on his victory.

It wasn't just that it was a clear rip - something that unfortunately happens far too often in SOTW - it was that all he did was Google Action (the theme of the week) and stuck a border on the second image result.
With themes like Action, Music Artists, etc. it's fine and almost necessary to use Google, but make a f*cking effort at least.

You should sort the weekly into tables, make it easier to read and a little more professional. And you only really need the one main header, save the images for screenshots, even print screens of posts.
There's no need to PM anyone or keep editing the first post, just post it as a new reply and get a mod to edit the thread subject every time a new issue is out - with the date and page number it's on. That way the readers can find the latest issue and it doesn't erase any of the previous ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users