583 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Woot, exams are finally over. As promised, I'm informing you guys on the 21st and I am restarting GTAF Weekly. To kick off the comeback a special issue about the long wait about GTA V will be released either tomorrow or the day after.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

You planning to keep up with it this time? If not, I'm going to take it over man.. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, I am keeping up with it. I asked you to be the assistant so that we could keep the delays in the issues to a minimum, like you can help out with the posting format since I'm still not use to the new format or you could try photoshopping the text.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Photoshopping the text isn't the route to go, you can't use links.. and I'm noones assistant lol You'll be okay, it's not hard to set one of these up, I already have a temporary made up ready to publish at any given time.. took me about 20mins in to do it all.. gfx and articles. Just don't put so much thought into it and make it a worthwhile read.. not one or two sentences for one section.

Just run it like you would.. only thing complicating is tables but no need for tables.. just make sure your text is aligned and easy to read.. add some humor into the mix, take your time.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

HCdFnLA.png

Hello and welcome to the special issue of GTAFW. Dedicated to the build-up of Grand Theft Auto: V.

nmAsgxg.jpg

So, it's finally here. After a long 5 year wait. Rockstar have arguably unleashed their greatest game ever created. Before we go to the article we'll take a look at the reviews for Grand Theft Auto: V

Metarcrtic: 98

IGN: 10/10

Gamespot: 9/10

Kotaku: Yes

CVG: 10/10

Machinima 10/10

GamekULT 9/10

Polygon 9.5/10

The Escapist 3.5/5

Jeux video.com 18/20

Game Blog 10/10

Power Unlimited 100/100

Video Gamer 10/10

Euro Gamer 9/10

And more but this is just a short list. It's got an insane amount of 10's I'll tell you that.

Now to the main thing:

On November 2, 2011  the first trailer Grand Theft Auto: V was released. Grossing at least 38 million views till today. For nearly a year that was the only legit GTA V video available to watch on the internet and now we've got hundreds of GTA V videos. Amazing, isn't it?[/size]

And now what happened in the past 2 years since the trailer was released?

Zee

Member-wise. This guy was in the spotlight for a long time until his banning. Zee was someone who hated Rockstar but liked GTA, weird uh? He claimed to be British but most members say he was American. He was finally banned sometime in January 2013 for going overboard and insulting staff members.

Greenrock

The 2nd one. Well, I don't know much about this guy, but from what I've heard about him from the V section. He was sort of a troll, he isn't banned yet. He became inactive sometime after November 2012 but now he is back.

GTA V Staff

These guys deserve a special mention, for keeping the place civil as possible. With the insane amount of reports they get everyday, they certainly did a superb job of keeping the V section clean.

The GI hype

Sometime in October a member started a topic asking if GTA V could be in the next Game informer or GI preview. More members joined the party, everyone (including me) overhyped ourselves thinking GTA V would be in the next GTA V preview, but to our disappointment it wasn't GTA V, it was Super Mario bros. At the end of the day it was a mixture of amusement, disappointment and anger.

'In a few weeks or so'

This infamous line from Rockstar themselves created a lot of hype. The thread opened titled 'In a few weeks or so' went up to nearly 200 pages. One member was sporting the name '...next few weeks or so...' while some others took to putting the line in their signature and a small writing under that 'Seems legit'.

As expected, the thread created a lot of hype since there was drought of GTA V info at that time. However, there were some troll invasions that nearly got the topic locked. Especially one by a user called 'I Kill Em All'.

And in the end it turned out to be a few months or so, with Rockstar announcing the 2nd trailer set for November 26th.

For the PC people from Rockstar

Too soon, leaks of GTA V began to leak out after the 2nd trailer. With posters showing the Spring 2013 release for the PS3 and 360 but not the PC version. This created a lot of anger and Rockstar themselves stepped in saying they weren't working on a PC version at that time.

The Delay

Obviously, many people were hyping themselves up for the game, expecting to take a day off sometime in Spring 2013. However, Rockstar announced a shocking delay, till 17th September 2013. As expected there were cries and tears of anger shed on the forum.

I smell another delay

In June/July Deffpony created a thread saying he smelled another delay due to a small drought of V info, Many members hit back and in the end he was proven wrong.

The onslaught of leaks and spoilers

It all started with a guy called jsticks who managed to get his hands on GTA V early. He started posting leaked gameplays, spoilers flew all over the internet. More people got the game early and pirated 360 and PS3 copies were soon roaming on torrent sites (and console gamers said piracy was the biggest issue on PC pfft) It was roller-coaster ride waiting for the game in the last week trying to avoid spoilers.

Now, down to some of the notable members joined or became active or contributed during the Pre-GTA V era:

Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

DTUMan

Adriaan

Magic_Al

Miamivicecity

Kirsty

Prometheus (PrometheusX, cool new name by the way)

Raavi

Deffpony

Fido_Le_Muet

Azazel

Ryan

Vanzant

K^2

shoumic

GunWrath

Audiophile

AceKingston (alright kidding, you guys have to decide if I'm worthy enough to be on this list)

And anyone else I missed!

That's all worth mentioning, I think. I kinda missed the old days of having to wait for V, despite the massive amount of trolling and all, anyways Have blast playing V guys!

thatsallfolks.jpg

• Shah Sam and WildBrick142 like this

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Not exactly a GTA FW issue, but a nice read, anyways :^:

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

I wonder what Zee thinks about V right now?

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Not much of a true update about what's happening around here not just GTA V's release, but anyway good to see a new article.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Greenrock

The 2nd one. Well, I don't know much about this guy, but from what I've heard about him from the V section. He was sort of a troll, he isn't banned yet. He became inactive sometime after November 2012 but now he is back.

Lol, I wouldn't consider Greenrock a troll, but just..."special".

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Wait, did I skip the issue? Because I don't see it  :monocle: Not really an issue you have there.. more of a V Section update.. needs more cow bell.

• Alchemist likes this

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

The Escapist 3.5/5

that rating looks like a person who's just had a heart attack and instead of giving the person CPR they're getting a tube stuck down their throat and the other end is being pumped by a car tyre inflater.... why even bother.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:46 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 27 September 2013 - 04:47 PM.

I wonder what Zee thinks about V right now?

Nice issue, by the way :^:

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 27 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.

So... is Zee trying to put some thug voice or is he constipaded? And what is a bigger question, why does he buy games by Cockstar?

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I don't think Zee was ever a literal troll. He was just playing a character and I personally sometimes found it funny although I do understand that he could sometimes take it a bit too far. I think he should be allowed back, but be kept on a tight leash that will be loosened over time and by that I mean the mods will be riding his arse to keep the trolling and his character to a specific level. I hope they do eventually reconsider his banishment because as much as the mods may not like his attitude at times he was here for a long time and he was like a part of the family of thieves who had resided here in GTAF for a long time. Anyway to keep on topic good edition...you tried your best. :^:  

• Shah Sam likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a game get that many perfect scores.

It's a shame I don't know when I'll be able to play it... :sui:

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

So what if Zee hated Rockstar but liked GTA? Justifiably, I resent Rockstar for ignoring most my inquiries (yet they respond if it's purchase related) and for not making a prequel/sequel for San Andreas (not to mention their new, ultra realistic graphics hurt my eyes). I admire Chris Browns musical talent and hate him as a person; I admire Chris Benoits athletic talent and hate him as a person. Get the point? Being the diehard PS2 gamer I am, I have to purchase all my hardware/software secondhand (since PS2 merchandise has been discontinued), thus Rockstar doesn't reap a profit off me.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by zoo3891, 27 September 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Aww. Dat song choice. :/

Rockstar have arguably unleashed their greatest game ever created.

Arguable should come after unleashed, otherwise they've arguably unleashed it, which is not actually arguable. :whuh:

And your report of Greenrock is kind of goofy. You might as well do a section about Slamman: "Slamman: This guy was a pretty crazy dude. I don't remember much of him, but he posted in the GTA V section sometimes. He was banned once and brought back after that, but he's been permanently banned since last summer."

Also

>Now, down to some of the notable members joined or became active or contributed during the Pre-GTA V era:

>lists 18 out of hundreds of thousands of people, hundreds of which have put in equal work or have equal discussion value

>UbK_families, the godfather pimp of love and GTA IV gangmaster not on the list.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

I never really understood the fanbase over zee. It was kinda wierd seeing all these guys obsessing over Zee and claiming him to be holier than thou, when all he really did was act like a dick and use the same "lay off the whiskey cockstar" line.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

That video! And his 'V midnight release' vid  :lol:

I really miss that twat. Good to see him give a shout out to Adriaan. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be unbanned - Girish doesn't like fun on these forums.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

That video! And his 'V midnight release' vid  :lol:

He sounds like Trevor in that video :lol:

"I flew all the way from Luton to America"

...you have to admit, this is the best line of bullsh*t you've ever heard.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

I never really understood the fanbase over zee. It was kinda wierd seeing all these guys obsessing over Zee and claiming him to be holier than thou, when all he really did was act like a dick and use the same "lay off the whiskey cockstar" line.

Nobodys claiming he's "hollier than thou". He gave this place some character and comedic value. 

Picture this; sitting at a bar with your friends, chatting away about the usual old bullsh*t, trying to get drunk enough to actually give a sh*t about your friends work-related tales, or women problems. And then some drugged-up joker enters the bar, telling everyone how much of a c*nt you, and everyone else, is/are. You're going to perk up and say.."this guy's alright, let's see what else this tit has to say"..while the in-denial, self-despising, humourless uni-graduates sit in the corner, mumbling away about the downfall of todays society, while splitting up their Diet Pepsi bill.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

Not really comedic when the same repetitive sh*t would make you an asshole or not liked.

I for one don't see any merit from Zee's side other than a troll that had a longer lifespan on these forums than others. It's better that he's gone.. and frankly, it's time to dust off some of the other trolls and moronic users.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

Nobodys claiming he's "hollier than thou". He gave this place some character and comedic value. 

Picture this; sitting at a bar with your friends, chatting away about the usual old bullsh*t, trying to get drunk enough to actually give a sh*t about your friends work-related tales, or women problems. And then some drugged-up joker enters the bar, telling everyone how much of a c*nt you, and everyone else, is/are. You're going to perk up and say.."this guy's alright, let's see what else this tit has to say"..while the in-denial, self-despising, humourless uni-graduates sit in the corner, mumbling away about the downfall of todays society, while splitting up their Diet Pepsi bill.

If you think listening to some drugged-up joker say the same puncline every joke is funny, I don't think you'd be fun at parties.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

I appreciate your opinions gents.

That said, I must remind myself what category of forum I'm posting in.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by AceKingston, 28 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Aww. Dat song choice. :/

Rockstar have arguably unleashed their greatest game ever created.

Arguable should come after unleashed, otherwise they've arguably unleashed it, which is not actually arguable. :whuh:

And your report of Greenrock is kind of goofy. You might as well do a section about Slamman: "Slamman: This guy was a pretty crazy dude. I don't remember much of him, but he posted in the GTA V section sometimes. He was banned once and brought back after that, but he's been permanently banned since last summer."

Also

>Now, down to some of the notable members joined or became active or contributed during the Pre-GTA V era:

>lists 18 out of hundreds of thousands of people, hundreds of which have put in equal work or have equal discussion value

>UbK_families, the godfather pimp of love and GTA IV gangmaster not on the list.

If you think you can put up a better issue than this, feel free to go ahead. I have no problem whatsoever.

@GunWrath: Dude, I know you're still annoyed that I called you 'narrow-minded' just because we are friends does not mean we cannot challenge each others opinions. Please don't take it seriously man. :)

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

So, is GTAForums Weekly actually going to be weekly?

They certainly make for interesting reading.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 29 September 2013 - 08:53 AM.

The Escapist 3.5/5

that rating looks like a person who's just had a heart attack and instead of giving the person CPR they're getting a tube stuck down their throat and the other end is being pumped by a car tyre inflater.... why even bother.

I read their review, and listened to their video review, I'd be incllined to agree with your statement, both of them were honest to god the worst video game reviews I have ever seen, both moaning about the fact we play as people who are a long way from sainthood. Not once did they actually mention gameplay. In the video review it was jsut rattling off bits of facts we knew before release, like it was a preview, but some idiot forgot the 'p' key. So in all honestly their 'reviews' should never be considered as anything useful. But I guess I am preaching to the choir on this one. I think Yahtzee's satirical review would be more reliable than their serious reviews and that is a good indicator that someone done goofed and these reviewers need a talking to... by yahtzee.

If any of you do not know who Yahtzee is look him up, you'll thank me later after going crazy on his 200+ reviews, avoid the comments section on his videos

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

So, is GTAForums Weekly actually going to be weekly?

They certainly make for interesting reading.

We're taking care of that. :^:

@Ace, I'm not annoyed man. I have much larger fish to fry. 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

HCdFnLA.png

Hello, how is everyone doing? Welcome to the 10th issue of  GTAF Weekly v2. This week we will cover the exciting GTA:Online platform for GTA V, some of Gen-Chat's latest news, mod news and many more!

Before I go to the issue I have encountered a fix. I can't seem to copy other member's reports into the issue without the forum messing it up. So I had to leave out the reports guys, I decided to do all the reports myself to avoid any delays, until I find a fix.

r4rNdlU.png

Excitement was in the air again, as Rockstar released the GTA:Online update for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. If you haven't downloaded the update yet, then do it. Remember you need to have GTA: V for it to work!

As expected, there was a huge amount of problems on both the PS3 and 360 versions of GTA:Online, due to the massive server load, a lot of people couldn't even get started with GTA:O.

Rockstar have released a patch for this, for both the 360 versions and the PS3 versions, it is expected more patches will be coming in the near future.

Many gangs, both un-official and official have been actively participating in GTA V events lately. If you want to do so, check out the events section but make sure you read the rules first.

Moving away from online news, the PC topic for GTA V has been growing in discussion of late. With the lack of PC info from Rockstar frustrating PC gamers. Many have started coming out with their own theories and ideas regarding the PC version.

TKkQHmE.png

Since the forum update there has been a ton of problems for all the members including me. 

The table tags are back but with no borders, also they aren't available for older posts. The staff are still working on a fix for this.

The friends system, the members viewing topic feature and the searching members feature have been disabled to improve forum performance. It is expected that they will be back once the hype around V dies down.

mIp26Ke.png

Universetwisters seems to have finally got bored of making topics, however this comes at a cost, a circle jerk with Trinette.

He made a topic about Slippery telephones and was talking to Trinette specifically in his posts, Trinette was quick to notice and the circle jerk continued. So from 'Topic making mania' universetwisters has moved on to 'Circle jerking mania'. Of course it's a bit annoying but it'll die down eventually.

gtamad8 made his 3k milestone topic. The 'Has anyone heard of deepweb' topic came alive after a bump from canttakemeyd.

Speculation has been surrounding lil weasel's odd behavior of late, the veteran forum member and the 'Master of San Andreas' has been acting odd of late. Some members reckon he has early symptons of alzheimers. Sivispacem meanwhile lashed out at weasel in the Debates and Discussions forum:

I say you three seem to have  serious tunnel thinking, or is it organized trolling? Any opinion that doesn't agree must be stomped.  

If you don't like the way I manage my subforum, then kindly f*ck off elsewhere- you won't be missed. This place is bad enough with you filling General Chat with hyperbolic hearsay, deluded bullsh*t and complete nonsense presented with your holier-than-thou, world-weariness that implies you actually have the vaguest clue what you're talking about when it becomes abundantly clear pretty much any time you post that in fact you don't. I've been extremely tolerant of your complete nonsense over the last few months but your blinding hypocrisy and complete ignorance are starting to grate.

Some of the notable topics made this week where 'NASA discovery?' by Typhus 'Have you ever met a socio-path' by The Asian Lawyer and 'Your recent internet activity' by lucid121. Known Gen-Chat lurkers will be familiar with lucid's odd behavior and such a topic by him was definitely expected sooner or later and will also know what to expect from the opening post.

wfXTGFY.png

Member Name: CharmingCharlie

This guy was one of the familiar names back in the IV PC days. A PC gamer for life, he was also a moderator of the IV PC sub-forum and later became a global-moderator before he requested to be de-modded. He had a silver medal to his name.

Do you want your advertisement displayed in the next issue of GTAForums Weekly?

If yes, send a PM to [email protected] and I will provide further details.

Mod of The Week

The first mod we are looking at is Grand Theft Auto III: HD Edition.

As the title says this mod is still a WIP but for all GTA III lovers this is the right mod. The entire game is remade in HD with better graphics, more cars etc.

This mod is headed by pearcyp.

The next one is Old Era character remake.

The idea of the mod is to remake old characters from past GTA's in the HD version. The mod was opened up recently and is still a WIP. 

JGjvZzu.jpg

The mod is headed by indra p.

dKYPCS9.png

chuck-norris-cycling.jpg

By Werebot85.

GTAForums Trivia:

Do you know that a member on GTAForums found a strange camera in the woods sometime back in 2005? Yes it was real and not fake. Apparently there were strange terrifying photos inside the camera, of ghosts and stuff. the topic does not exist anymore but it is in the archive, here is the link:

http://web.archive.o...pic=144008&st=0

The pictures are here on another forum too:

http://forums.beyond...60&postcount=13

pshot25.jpg

And finally we'll close the issue with a tribute to Tom Clancy, the famous author.

Tom_Clancy.jpg

Rest in Peace 1947 - 2013,

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Man, I wonder what happened to the guy that took all those photos... Creepy

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users