583 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

If you are going to finish your article Prome, PM me it and I'll add it to the 2nd part of the issue, like I did with Issue 2.

G D
  • G D

RED7 ineffable arts.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Great issues Ace.

Concerning The Scottish Guy, my answer to all 3 questions is:

Yes, yes, and yes! This bullsh*t can't be ignored, Adriaan isn't faking it I saw a member here a while ago during the "2012 GTA net awards" posting in the negative awards and I quote "sivispacem and group for banning The Scottish Guy" "it seems that you get banned if you embarrass sivispacem dozingoff.gif "

I actually lost my respect for Girish (a great mod) by banning TSG, I liked that guy... He was actually an intelligent forumer, great contributor, and funny to complete the mix.

I'll make a petion for unbanning TSG, and Zee.

#UnbanTheScottishGuy&Zee2013

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Unexpected issue.. not too shabby. No matter the truth behind Scottish.. I miss the guy too.. seemed genuine.

So does Lzw and Flynny just interview their own circle of pals? Need to broaden out alittle bit on that.

D4 Damager
  • D4 Damager

Listening to the Mandolin Rain...

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

If you really want to know why he was banned then I would suggest PMing Girish himself rather than just taking the word of a former moderator as gospel. As for TSG, for someone who railed against Siv's attitude his posts seemed noxiously arrogant and at times verged on what looked like a personal vendetta against sivispacem.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Great issue as always @Ace icon14.gif Keep up the good work.

QUOTE (D4 Damager @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 20:24)
If you really want to know why he was banned then I would suggest PMing Girish himself rather than just taking the word of a former moderator as gospel. As for TSG, for someone who railed against Siv's attitude his posts seemed noxiously arrogant and at times verged on what looked like a personal vendetta against sivispacem.

Well I gotta to say but this is quite right indeed IMPO. Though I think about TSG always been a great contributor and debater, his personal view on Sivi somewhat completely derailed him from his viable behavior. Turns out that most of his posts are a direct assault on Sivi lately so it's no question that someone has to deal with him instead.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Wow. I think that report was a bit exaggerated and twisted what I said.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 13:14)
Wow. I think that report was a bit exaggerated and twisted what I said.

What exactly did you say?

G D
  • G D

RED7 ineffable arts.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

AtomicPunk seems to know, PM him.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (gdsaqqq @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 22:26)
AtomicPunk seems to know, PM him.

And how can you imply that your suggestion is correct? I bet only a few select know about his banning, one of those are the staff and @sivispacem.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by zoo3891, 25 August 2013 - 07:05 PM.

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 10:29)
and @sivispacem.

For what reason would sivis know?

Anyway, I didn't like this issue as much as the other ones. Felt kind of lacking, I can't put my finger on the reason tough. confused.gif You also left out a few milestones. I think maxoS had a double milestone last week (1k posts and a birthday, if I remember right). e: Well, unless maxoS is named maddox and I don't know it.

And to add to the discussion. I did see that sivispacem was warned a few times, I think he gets off a little easier because he's an established member and the forum leader of d&d. He has his stake in the ground.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by natethegreatforlife, 25 August 2013 - 11:00 PM.

So conspiracies also happen within GTAForums? I'll be damned. That was a pretty good read icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Interesting... issue. Indeed, the banning of The Scottish Guy seems a little ridiculous, who knows. I skipped the interview part since I never really read those, and the picture of the week is wonderful. Keep it up. icon14.gif

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by Raavi, 25 August 2013 - 09:47 PM.

I find the banning of The Scottish Guy to be ridiculous. He was merely satirising Sivispacem, in essence painting a caricature of him with words, a 'roast' if you will. And, it wasn't uncalled for either. Sivispacem deals out plenty figurative punches and side hits, though disguised in thesaurus English, I'm sure he can take a few himself. I'd like to think the majority of this section should be mature enough to do exactly that.

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Remember me?

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Just tossing my $0.02 in here... I've been around the forums for a little while now. Seen a lot of stuff in that time. tounge.gif

When a user gets banned, there's usually more to the story than what you see in passing.

The most common situation is when a user racks up warning after warning, temporary ban after temporary ban, and keeps pushing the envelope. It leads to a permaban.

Think of it like infractions on your drivers license. The infraction that gets your license revoked doesn't need to be major - it's just the one that pushes you over the edge. smile.gif

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by StingrayX, 25 August 2013 - 11:59 PM.

QUOTE (gdsaqqq @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 07:17)
Great issues Ace.

Concerning The Scottish Guy, my answer to all 3 questions is:

Yes, yes, and yes! This bullsh*t can't be ignored, Adriaan isn't faking it I saw a member here a while ago during the "2012 GTA net awards" posting in the negative awards and I quote "sivispacem and group for banning The Scottish Guy" "it seems that you get banned if you embarrass sivispacem dozingoff.gif "

I actually lost my respect for Girish (a great mod) by banning TSG, I liked that guy... He was actually an intelligent forumer, great contributor, and funny to complete the mix.

I'll make a petion for unbanning TSG, and Zee.

I hate to agree with you but I have too. icon14.gif And I honestly don't see why things on a video game forum are taken so seriously.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by AceKingston, 26 August 2013 - 04:07 AM.

Thanks a lot Andy.

@Everyone: Thanks but I PM'ed a mod (Miamivicecity) and asked if he was indeed banned for that reason, just to make sure I don't put any false info and he said 'Yes, I believe that's what happened'. So, I don't know and I just made it dramatic to make it more like a magazine. tounge.gif
@GunWrath: I'll talk to Flynny later man.

Edit: Prome's report:

Welcome back to another issue of "A View from the OGA". We would like to clarify that this article isn't a "joke" by any means as Adriaan claimed a while back. Adriaan was trying to indirectly deny his serious medical condition he had which we stole from his doctor's report.

Anyways we start this week with some drama as another fiasco of OGA spying attempts occurred when two members tried to sneak in by hacking the forums and placing themselves under "Parcel Force" group. Luckily the police were tipped by their IPs and have arrested them, they're currently serving time in jail. 1-0 OGA.

New member D4 Damager has joined the OGA in a record 1 week, which shows that it's all about quality, and puts all of you new members to shame. If you think you're good enough, then don't bother applying. Keep an eye out though; some gangs have decided to recruit based on facial and "other areas" looks, so if you think you're good looking, post a mug of yourself in the Member Photos topic. Who knows, you might end up with a PM in your inbox by next day!

Lastly, since AceKingston is turning the newsletter into an Indian Right-Wing Propaganda blog with his conspiracies behind bannings, and constantly hinting at taking some time off, it seems that we have very limited time left before GTAF Weekly shuts down. Till then, we promise to provide you with the best quality and most exciting news on the OGA till the newsletter's inevitable collapse. We also like to take the chance to say that The Scottish Guy wasn't banned due to "winning a debate" and "having skills over level 9000", but just like any other member, due to constant temp bans and running his mouth off with his rants. The Gen Chat article writer has no access to the "source" he used anymore, and Adriaan didn't say anything about why The Scottish Guy was banned. He kept talking about Zee and how satisfying he is.

Make sure to check in for a bonus interview next week - if there will be an issue by then - which is fortunately much better than the bland and boring ones from the GTA Addiction Article so called "interviews". That's right, a civil war is about to happen.

Till then, Liberty and Union, one and inseparable, now and forever I suppose.

And GTAF Weekly isn't shutting down and the topic which Adriaan posted about TSG is binned right now. So that's what Prome mean't I couldn't get the 'source'.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

D4 Damager was from a former account I believe...

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 12:07)

Many members also say that though. But I'm kind of confused.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by AceKingston, 26 August 2013 - 06:18 AM.

Yeah, D4 Damager is an older member, Prome is just kidding. He mentioned it in several topics.

And for anyone thinking that GTAF Weekly is shutting down, it isn't. Yes, a few bad issues here and there due to a few delayed reports. And I did say I was leaving but now writing articles does not take a long time at all.

I need to revamp the team a bit, look for fresh members, ThaBoy is inactive so I'll need a new mod of the week writer and probably a new Song of the Week writer too.

Also I only mentioned TSG's banning because Adriaan said so in a currently binned topic. I'm not opening up any new conspiracies about banings and stuff. Like I said I also asked another mod to clarify and he replied 'Yes'. But I won't be mentioning bannings again in any issue from here onwards.

G D
  • G D

RED7 ineffable arts.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 21:35)
So conspiracies also happen within GTAForums? I'll be damned. That was a pretty good read  icon14.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif

Put gdsaqqq as the leader of the petion in your sig. Lol

The mods are banning the wrong people.

Zee provides comedy without breaking the rules. Cum on guys...

Zee paid me 10 bucks to say this

not really lol

D4 Damager
  • D4 Damager

Listening to the Mandolin Rain...

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:07 PM Edited by D4 Damager, 26 August 2013 - 12:10 PM.

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 05:20)

Account 1
Account 2

Just to put that to bed since I presume Prometheus was joking. Now we don't have to derail the topic speculating about me wink.gif

And in case anyone else is wondering, I've been away for 2 years and any accounts created during that time period with Josh or anything like that in the name were probably created by a guy called Jimmy who was so desperate to get into the OGA he cracked my account password. He's been dealt with, and now I'm back. Hooray!

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (D4 Damager @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 20:07)
QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 05:20)

Account 1
Account 2

Just to put that to bed since I presume Prometheus was joking. Now we don't have to derail the topic speculating about me wink.gif

And in case anyone else is wondering, I've been away for 2 years and any accounts created during that time period with Josh or anything like that in the name were probably created by a guy called Jimmy who was so desperate to get into the OGA he cracked my account password. He's been dealt with, and now I'm back. Hooray!

Ah okay, thanks for the inputs. smile.gif

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 26 August 2013 - 08:26 PM.

That was a pretty interesting read, especially the whole 'Scottish Guy' debacle, And I agree, he was agood contributor who didn't deserve to be banned for that.

Also, I think Valenta should be a professional photographer if he isn't already. Always posts some pretty awesome pics icon14.gif

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 20:22)
That was a pretty interesting read, especially the whole 'Scottish Guy' debacle, And I agree, he was agood contributor who didn't deserve to be banned for that.

As Andy verbalized, it wasn't only because of that post, but because of the negative ingresses in his member logs as well.

This was a good read but The Scottish Guy discussion wasn't authentically needed. Keep up the good work icon14.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

GTAF Weekly is most definitely not dead or going away, so don't worry.

On to the next issue.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Labore et Scientia

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Good issue. icon14.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I'm taking a break from GTAFW. Of course I said this earlier but now I've got just a week for my exams. It's only 3 weeks and you guys would be busy with GTA V anyways. This would also explain my inactivity over the last 2 days. I'll inform you guys as promised on September 21st, when my exams get over.

Have fun with GTA V everyone.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Good luck with your exams Ace. smile.gif

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Good luck with your exams and for GTA V everyone.

Anastasis
  • Anastasis

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 16:37)
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I'm taking a break from GTAFW. Of course I said this earlier but now I've got just a week for my exams. It's only 3 weeks and you guys would be busy with GTA V anyways. This would also explain my inactivity over the last 2 days. I'll inform you guys as promised on September 21st, when my exams get over.

Have fun with GTA V everyone.

Good luck Ace. I also have my exams this week too. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users