Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAForums Weekly

583 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:46 AM Edited by AceKingston, 31 July 2013 - 11:10 AM.

Sorry for the bump.

Anyways, I am really pleased to announce that our efforts to make GTAForums Weekly a better read have been recognized by the Staff and I have received a Verbal Commendation for it. I would like to thank the team mainly because without them the issues would not have been so good and to the readers for having patience and giving feedback after each issue. Also thanks to shiva and gamesguru for without them the topic would not have existed. I never expected this but this means that GTAFW for me is already a hit. smile.gif Thanks to Kirsty for the VC.

Shoumic has received a medal too but this time for his outstanding contributions to the III Era sections in particular the SNP and also The Network sections, so congratulations to a fellow friend, South Asian and team member! cookie.gif

Edit: It also happens to be that Andrea$ has received a medal for his outstanding contributions to the V section too, so Congratulations Andrea$.

GunWrath has supplied me with fresh new headers and I'm looking to Mokrie Dela as our proof-reader.

Next Issue is coming on coming Monday which also happens to be my 13th birthday.

Cheers!

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Looking forward to that, and congratulations to you both for a respective medal/honor from the staff. icon14.gif

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 10:46)
Next Issue is coming on coming Monday which also happens to be my 13th birthday.

Cheers!

Happy birthday dude! icon14.gif

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

Looking forward to it and happy birthday! icon14.gif

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

Extra note: Happy Birthday @Ace.

Android
  • Android

Powerful™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

Can't wait for the next issue. I heard that the headers look amazing!

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

I look forward to Monday, then. icon14.gif

Also, in case I don't get the chance to say so, Happy Birthday Ace!

Rizqan
  • Rizqan

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

As my apologize, I want to say: Happy Birthday 13th Ace Kingston! Hope more better!! icon14.gif Thanks smile.gif

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

Not being rude or impatient here, but I thought that the next issue was coming on the 5th of August.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 20:26)
Not being rude or impatient here, but I thought that the next issue was coming on the 5th of August.

He told me, that it would be probably coming this Friday when I asked him through PM.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by Valenta, 08 August 2013 - 08:30 PM.

QUOTE (Hameer @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 20:27)
QUOTE (Valenta @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 20:26)

He told me, that it would be probably coming this Friday when I asked him through PM.

Ah, right. Thanks for clearing that up.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

Really goes against the weekly thing doesn't it? lol.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:21 AM

Sorry for the trouble guys I'll just copy and paste the PM I sent to shoumic.

i am spending way too much time of gtaf weekly. i've got school, homework, personal issues and my own entertainement to look out for, and it's just eating up my time im not gaming, not doing my homework, not really looking after my personal issues just because of one virtual issue so please mate i really need to take a one month break for this, for you guys it's just one article but i have to write 4-5 articles, present it out with bb codes, interviews etc, you know how hard it is. plus my exams start in a month, ill restart this in a month and ill use your column for the next issue coming in a month.

so since i have got exams coming up in my month and my problems listed above, I am taking a break and I just want you guys to be patient for a month. I'll inform you when I'm resuming on either September 21 or 22 by which GTA V would already be released.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

Take care of your issues, but would it be okay for someone else to post their own issue? Keep the community up to date and do so until you return. Shoumic would probably be willing to do it for you.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

This is literally exactly what happened with shiva's version. He had studies that got ahead of him and he called the whole thing off. rolleyes.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

Shoumic is a good pick but I'm not sure if he is really into journalism and stuff. Let me ask him once he replies to my PM.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

I don't think an act for journalism is necessarily needed for GTAFW .. it's just an update topic. Easily to put together interviews and news about the forums. Shoumic knows alot about the forums, I think he'd be the one to do this and be more dedicated to run it, atleast until you return. Coding isn't hard as I'm sure he can do that and if not, I'll help him.

See what he says icon14.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

Alright, bro. Understandable. Shoumic should be a good choice.

Also, the time in which you will resume (September 22) happens to be my birthday. That'll be good, then. wink.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 12:34)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 13:03)
so you are taking over until I return check out the gtafw topic.

I don't know. I need to think about it dude. I'll let you know.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

You kind of made it sound like you were ordering him to do it rather than politely asking him to take over for a bit while you are taking a break. confused.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

well I was in a hurry to type that PM and i didn't want to explain it again, I was a bit busy at that time.

Android
  • Android

Powerful™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

I'd be willing to work on the team for a short amount of time, maybe until you return. I can do the Gaming News again and maybe help with the coding.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

i really don't think we need another gaming chat head nor do i think we need anyone else on the team. shoumic is excellent at bb codes so it should not be a problem

and I am still waiting a response from shoumic about whether he is willing to take over.

Android
  • Android

Powerful™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

The last time we had a Gaming News article was on Page 13 (2-3 issues ago) and it was barely filled with news, I was just trying to help out man. Shoumic told me to write an article but if you don't want me to do anymore that's fine. I don't mind. (I only wrote it this time because shoumic told me to)

I thought I did a good job this time to be honest.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 12:52)
The last time we had a Gaming News article was on Page 13 (2-3 issues ago) and it was barely filled with news, I was just trying to help out man. Shoumic told me to write an article but if you don't want me to do anymore that's fine. I don't mind. (I only wrote it this time because shoumic told me to)

well since Nova is not responding and shoumic says you can write and if you feel you did a good job, go ahead. smile.gif

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

What's the point in him writing the article when nobody even knows if there will be another issue for about a month lol? It could just end up going to waste.

Android
  • Android

Powerful™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:58 AM Edited by Antagonista, 10 August 2013 - 08:00 AM.

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 02:33)
QUOTE (Antagonista @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 12:52)

well since Nova is not responding and shoumic says you can write and if you feel you did a good job, go ahead. smile.gif

Well come on now, I'm not saying to completely drop him. There could just be a way to collaborate. Me and him could possibly become "partners" if you would like us to. I became friends with him this past week. Also, I'm not 100% correct but I heard he had troubles (like a real life situation)

I'll talk to him on Skype and see what his response is, and I'll also ask him why he hasn't answered you.

@GTA_stu; I believe shoumic will produce the next issue.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 17:54)
What's the point in him writing the article when nobody even knows if there will be another issue for about a month lol? It could just end up going to waste.

Yeah to be honest I haven't even started thinking about who I will interview next because the last interview I did was like 3 weeks ago and nobody except Ace, the interviewee and myself have seen it.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

could jsut publish what we have of issue 7, might not be a full issue but if enough people did what lzw3 did and did their part then we would have soemthing at least

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

I've always wanted to leave this here.

Don't you guys think weekly issues are a bit too much? I mean, even an unemployed maniac or someone who spents all day in internet will find it hard to do something like this every week. Your rl issues will somehow find a way to tackle you, you know.

Imo, monthly issues would be nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users