GTAForums Weekly

583 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by GunWrath, 10 July 2013 - 04:47 PM.

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 10:44)
Told ya guys that issue was gonna be a stellar! Why? Because it contains my life story. I feel like such a rockstar.

Oh, get the f*ck out of here.

OT: Also, I'm getting rather bored of GTAFW now. I know others are being nice about it with replies such as 'nice read as always', but I go cross-eyed/my eyes hurt everytime I read this damned thing. Need to do something about that font/text placement man, it ruins it for me and if you're going to report on something, such as gaming chat, make it longer than 2 sentences please. Not trying to offend or be rude but being honest to help improve GTAFW, I'm not the only one who thinks the same.

Appreciate the effort but need a little more effort wink.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Maaaaybe not post it whole as a big quote, instead without the massive quote?

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 16:44)
Appreciate the effort but need a little more effort wink.gif

So, in other words, you don't appreciate the effort.

Narrow
  • Narrow

Enigmatic Wanderer

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

and if you're going to report on something, such as gaming chat, make it longer than 2 sentences please.

Clearly you never bothered to read the gaming chat section, it's five paragraphs long (albeit some of them are quite short) and they could hardly have one massive section take up all the space in the topic, I presume what Ace was after with that report was something short, quick and direct and that's exactly what he got from Lightning Strike.

Regardless, I agree with your point that the text's rather hard to read. Almost entirely illegible, even still I've noticed you do GFX work in the GFX sections, would you not be willing to throw your hat into the ring and spruce up the appearance of GTAF Weekly? I mean you say you're willingly to help so why not get involved like the others?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:44)
such as gaming chat, make it longer than 2 sentences please

yawn.gif Boy have you gone downhill, Gunwrath...

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:03)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 11:44)
such as gaming chat, make it longer than 2 sentences please

yawn.gif Boy have you gone downhill, Gunwrath...

Not sure it's fair to say his gone downhill just because he disliked a section of the newsletter. It's not like he ripped it a new asshole, simply stated that maybe more effort needed to go into that particular section. I'm sure AceKingston appreciates constructive criticism as much as positive feedback, because it all helps him to carry on improving his newsletter, which I'm sure he is eager to carry on doing.

I will admit this particular installment wasn't the best, but as AK said he had issues with people handing in reports ETC. But his willing to carry on improving, for example the idea of adding Shoumic's GTAF history section is a great idea. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress, as i have faith each issue will get better over time.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

I wouldn't mind providing a BB comic section. It would be a welcoming laugh every time you read an issue.

user posted image

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Ain't nothin' over til it's over.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:29)
I wouldn't mind providing a BB comic section. It would be a welcoming laugh every time you read an issue.

user posted image

Wow, can you not?

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

I would literally never read this again if that happened.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Narrow @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 13:50)
and if you're going to report on something, such as gaming chat, make it longer than 2 sentences please.

Clearly you never bothered to read the gaming chat section, it's five paragraphs long (albeit some of them are quite short) and they could hardly have one massive section take up all the space in the topic, I presume what Ace was after with that report was something short, quick and direct and that's exactly what he got from Lightning Strike.

Regardless, I agree with your point that the text's rather hard to read. Almost entirely illegible, even still I've noticed you do GFX work in the GFX sections, would you not be willing to throw your hat into the ring and spruce up the appearance of GTAF Weekly? I mean you say you're willingly to help so why not get involved like the others?

Thanks for your post, Lightning Strike (Narrow).. but yes, I frequent the Gaming Chat Section, there's a lot more going on than just 'Well, the TLOU topic was pretty active and blah blah' .. there's more in that section happening that should be reported, not just your love for one game. wink.gif Also, I do graphics but I'm not a workhorse for these forums. Plus Devyl does a fine job so far as the headers made.. I'm sure he can lend a hand.

Not sure what Stingray meant that I've gone downhill? I don't even know you. I was merely stating the obvious. AK puts a good effort into it but not a great effort as in making the GTAFW genuinely worth reading. The text is all over the place, your eyes are constantly moving from left of the screen to right to find the beginning of a sentence, not saying the words being expressed aren't quality, just the view. I admire him for recreating the topic and going as far as he has, just like to see something different than what we read last week.

Interviews are okay but some questions that aren't already generic would be nice. Interviews don't have to always take place around the forums or the game, try and venture about a bit more. And in no way and I'm trying to say he should close this down or he majorly f*cked up. I'm trying to give him some advice that I think would help the topic out. Constructive criticism is all.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Wow I really thought that drawing was a photograph. That guy is insanely talented.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 19:38)
Thanks for your post, Lightning Strike (Narrow)

I am not Narrow.

.. but yes, I frequent the Gaming Chat Section, there's a lot more going on than just 'Well, the TLOU topic was pretty active and blah blah' .. there's more in that section happening that should be reported, not just your love for one game. wink.gif

Are you stupid? I dedicated a fraction to The Last of Us in this report and nothing more. I'm not going to go into to depth about how someone said something in this topic and it gained a lot of controversy or what have you, this section's centralised on gaming and the forums themselves are secondary, if someone makes a good review or what have you I'll give them credit and perhaps provide a link to their thread, I won't however focus the entire article on the G-Chat section as that's really not what this is about.

Oh and if you feel that there is more stuff in that particular section that needs to be reported how about you mention what those things are instead of just being a prick about it. Then again considering you are the living definition of "prick" that'd be pretty hard to do. Regardless post in here with something a little less derogatory and more constructive as I don't see "You love one game the entire section shouldn't be filled with that" and "You only wrote two sentences out" as valid criticisms.

Constructive criticism is all.

You keep using those words, I do not think you know what they mean.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:29)

user posted image

wow.gif This, looks, AMAZING!

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:29)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:29)

user posted image

wow.gif This, looks, AMAZING!

You are literally too stupid to even formally insult. If you want sh*tty Breaking Bad comics go to the Funny Picture Topic.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:44)
You are literally too stupid to even formally insult. If you want sh*tty Breaking Bad comics go to the Funny Picture Topic.

Oh god no, don't tempt him.

Anywho interesting read in most parts, however...

user posted image

Needs more Cowbell tounge.gif

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Nice issue, I don't know why everyone's complaining...

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

You are literally too stupid to even formally insult.

lol

Great issue, it's nice having something interesting to read around here.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (StingrayX @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:30)

lol

lol no.

As for the issue, I don't see what the problem is? I mean besides the crappy interview, everything else was top notch.

Kwabs
  • Kwabs

Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 23:36)
besides the crappy interview, everything else was top notch.

Yay, that means my column isn't that crappy after all. tounge.gif

But it was a nice read. I always like to read this, I miss too much around here.

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 07:36)

lol

lol no.

As for the issue, I don't see what the problem is? I mean besides the crappy interview, everything else was top notch.

Out of curiosity, which interview?
IF it was mine, what do you expect? I did it last minute plus I was stuck with GTA-King.
tounge.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Yes, I admit I didn't like the outcome very much but since it was already delayed, I really had to release whatever I had. In my opinion, I really liked the 2nd issue the best, it was simple and up-to date and also no fancy fonts. I only use fancy fonts to make it look more appealing. However, I think I'll use Arial since it wasn't that bad either.

But Nova did a great job with the Gaming Chat section, GW I appreciate your in-put but if you're going to critcise everyone who writes articles for gaming chat, what am I supposed to do? I liked his article and so did others, I see no need to remove him.

And I believe Ziggs was talking about King's interview.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 01:40)

lol

lol no.

IF it was mine, what do you expect? I did it last minute plus I was stuck with GTA-King.
tounge.gif

Exactly. It wasn't your section, it was who you was interviewing that really killed it. There's people one here who are much more interesting then that deadbeat. I just found it to be boring; nothing to do with you though. I enjoyed this issue immensely, regardless.

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hope fully orbitalraindrops can spice it up a but more for next issue then. wink.gif

Thanks for the feedback, nevertheless mate. icon14.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 13:00)
GW I appreciate your in-put but if you're going to critcise everyone who writes articles for gaming chat, what am I supposed to do? I liked his article and so did others, I see no need to remove him.

That is not his point though. He didn't say that he didn't enjoy reading it, neither did he say that Lightning should be removed from the position. He only said it could be better, and a little more effort could have been put into the article(s). Constructive criticism is what we need in order to improve GTAF Weekly. It will get better with every week that passes and with every edition of GTAFW that is posted here.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 17:07)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 13:00)
GW I appreciate your in-put but if you're going to critcise everyone who writes articles for gaming chat, what am I supposed to do? I liked his article and so did others, I see no need to remove him.

That is not his point though. He didn't say that he didn't enjoy reading it, neither did he say that Lightning should be removed from the position. He only said it could be better, and a little more effort could have been put into the article(s). Constructive criticism is what we need in order to improve GTAF Weekly. It will get better with every week that passes and with every edition of GTAFW that is posted here.

My point was that GW said that the gaming chat section was only 2 sentences long and that LS expressed his love for only one game TLOU which isn't constructive at all. However, I've taken the rest of his input into account (such as the font) I'm just going to use Arial.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Can we all stop complaining? My god, you people are irritating. Let him write the article, if you don't like it just skip over it. It's not very challenging, very simple actually. They do their job by reporting but I must say you can't write a small paragraph about a game and not give any news. I would actually like to read about some news instead of going on a gaming news website. It's just an opinionated report instead of actual news facts.

Just my two cents, don't take it in a bad way please.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 11:02)

lol

lol no.

tounge.gif

Exactly. It wasn't your section, it was who you was interviewing that really killed it. There's people one here who are much more interesting then that deadbeat. I just found it to be boring; nothing to do with you though. I enjoyed this issue immensely, regardless.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 17:21)
QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 11:02)

lol

lol no.

tounge.gif

user posted image

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

In all honesty, i see no reason why this needs to be open for people to post in? Because its being derailed already, and there has only been a view issues and look how many pages it spans. Will make finding an issue in here extremely tedious if it carries on like this.

My advice would be lock this and ask a MOD to unlock it whenever AK post's a new issue, then lock it again, see if something along them lines could be worked out.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 11:06)
Can we all stop complaining? My god, you people are irritating. Let him write the article, if you don't like it just skip over it. It's not very challenging, very simple actually. They do their job by reporting but I must say you can't write a small paragraph about a game and not give any news. I would actually like to read about some news instead of going on a gaming news website. It's just an opinionated report instead of actual news facts.

Just my two cents, don't take it in a bad way please.

Oh, Foley.. go make another account. As if your opinion matters on these forums.

@tms_junk, I completely agree.

@Ace, I never said remove LS/Narrow.. I just wanted him to expand that section a bit more. Just have the topic locked and then unlock when you post up a new issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users