Photo

MAD MAX

113 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 01:06)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 01:00)
It's not Max.

It's 'Mild Maxwell'.

Lol.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 06:31)
QUOTE (aaronimpact @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 16:43)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 21:16)

Teaser:

I like how Max's vehicle sways to the left when he takes off in the trailer. I hope the vehicle physics are like that in the game.

I wish the devs good luck. Because video games based on movies aren't that great, look at that Aliens game that was released a few months ago.

You do know the game isn't even set in your country?

I have no idea what you are talking about or why you just replied to my post.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

This crap is now officailly worse than the Xbox One suicidal.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (aaronimpact @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 05:43)
QUOTE (jamieleng @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 06:31)

Teaser:

I like how Max's vehicle sways to the left when he takes off in the trailer. I hope the vehicle physics are like that in the game.

I wish the devs good luck. Because video games based on movies aren't that great, look at that Aliens game that was released a few months ago.

Mad Max is Australian and the movies are set in Australia.
This game is not in Australia nor is the protag Australian, therefore it is not Mad Max.

Just a cash cow.

the young hooligan
  • the young hooligan

Big Evil

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but that teaser trailer showed a right-hand drive Falcon. Why have it right-hand drive if it's not set in Australia? Morons.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

I'm replying to you because we are on a forum & that's kinda what happens on forums, people post something & others reply to it.

I'm guessing you're an Aussie, yes? Well if I were one too, I'd be annoyed that one of our cult heroes is being turned into an American. Or maybe it doesn't bother you at all. If so, I hope you enjoy 'merican Mad Max, Yee ha!

Edit: Oh, I see Chukkles has already set you straight.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by aaronimpact, 20 June 2013 - 05:44 PM.

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 23:40)

I'm replying to you because we are on a forum & that's kinda what happens on forums, people post something & others reply to it.

I'm guessing you're an Aussie, yes? Well if I were one too, I'd be annoyed that one of our cult heroes is being turned into an American. Or maybe it doesn't bother you at all. If so, I hope you enjoy 'merican Mad Max, Yee ha!

Edit: Oh, I see Chukkles has already set you straight.

I live in New Zealand, and your reply to my previous post was nonsense. It was as if you were quoting my post but replying to another post.

Here, your stupid reply quoted forever so other posters know what a moron you are:

Teaser:

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

@aaronimpact

My apologies for calling you an Aussie & for replying to your post. I'll make sure to do neither in the future.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

Not set in Austrailia?

ARRRRGH. You f*cking idiots.
user posted image

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 02:05)
Not set in Austrailia?

ARRRRGH. You f*cking idiots.

There's still hope...

http://www.change.or...max-videogame-2

Other than that, this game looks promising. Hopefully they'll do the right thing and make Mad Max the way he should be.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:51 AM Edited by theomenofficial, 14 July 2013 - 09:54 AM.

Gameplay tomorrow. ph34r.gif

Two new images: http://www.cinemable...37601766303.jpg
http://www.cinemable...37601765237.jpg

Avalanche Studios will be revealing a gameplay trailer for their next-gen Mad Max title on Monday, the studio has announced. This will be the first in-game footage revealed for the open-world, post-apocalyptic game.

Mad Max is based on a film series of the same name. It imagines a future in which the Earth has been devastated by war. The world's supply of oil has been all but exhausted. As a result, civilization has broken down. Bandit gangs steal whatever supplies they want and kill anyone in their way. The titular Max is a lone wanderer in this world, traveling across the wasteland in his muscle car.

The first cinematic trailer for Mad Max was shown during E3. In the trailer, Max approached a wounded bandit and prepared to finish him off. He decided against it, though - bullets are scarce, after all. Avalanche really nailed the look and feel of the films in that trailer, but we'll see whether the gameplay trailer follows the trend.

As you might imagine from that first trailer, Mad Max is not a peaceful game. Bullets are scarce but not scarce enough that you won't be shooting people left and right. E3 previews revealed that players will wield a sawed-off shotgun and makeshift sniper rifle, among other guns. If need be, he can rely on a range of melee weapons including bricks, electric prods, and knives. Players can choose whether to be stealthy or aggressive.

Vehicle combat is a huge component of the game. Max will start out with a rickety car called the Magnum Opus and over time find equipment to upgrade it. Players will be able to boost every aspect of the car, including its durability, speed and ramming capability. They can also add a harpoon gun to the car that can be used to impale enemies or tie two vehicles together.

I was a bit disappointed when they announced Mad Max, as I was sort of hoping that Just Cause 3 would be Avalanche's next game. Everything I've heard about Mad Max thus far, though, sounds like it'll be an acceptable substitute. It has the same sort of expansive freedom and ridiculous action that Avalanche has become known for.

Mad Max will launch in 2014 on Xbox One, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. The PS4 version will come with exclusive content.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Lets see if its something new or just a mediocore open world game

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 06:37)
This crap is now officailly worse than the Xbox One suicidal.gif

Come on , give this game and the Xbox One a chance , Avalanche Studios are trying there best , also Microsoft got Don Mattrick out of the way so give both a break

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 10:40)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 06:37)
This crap is now officailly worse than the Xbox One  suicidal.gif

Come on , give this game and the Xbox One a chance , Avalanche Studios are trying there best , also Microsoft got Don Mattrick out of the way so give both a break

That post was before Avalanche changed Max to have an Australian accent

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

Mattrick went to Zynga lol.gif

Aussie based or not, I'm playing this game. I know there was a new Mad Max movie in production too, I hope they still go about releasing it as well. I believe Tom Hardy plays Max and it's also directed by the original director.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

We won guys!
"Attn. fans who want Max to have an Aussie accent in #MadMaxGame : It shall be so. We admire your loyalty. You have been heard," Tweeted Avalanche's CEO, Christofer Sundberg.

Great move on their part. And I'll definitely be watching the gameplay footage today.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 15 July 2013 - 01:13 PM.

Gameplay. HE DIDN'T EVEN SPEAK, WHAT THE HELL?!

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

That trailer is very disappointing

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 13:10)

Well Max is the quiet brooding type in the films so I don't see any reason for him too have to speak in this trailer. Plus, they are probably still sorting out the voice actor since they only recently announced he would now be Australian.

I thought the trailer showed promise to be honest. The hand to hand combat looks absolutely brutal and the car mechanics/physics looked interesting. Still reasonably apprehensive as I'm yet to be convinced as to Avalanches story telling abilities.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

I was expecting gameplay, but we got cinematics....unless we'll be driving vehicles towards us and shooting things behind the camera. Jeez.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

I'm a bit underwhelmed. The environment doesn't look interesting enough, it didn't make me want to start exploring it. Reminds me of Fuel or something.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 14:36)
I was expecting gameplay, but we got cinematics....unless we'll be driving vehicles towards us and shooting things behind the camera. Jeez.

Exactly.
I thought we would see walking or controls or the map or something.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Disappointing. The trailer looks like it was made to check all the boxes in the dudebro checklist:

Bullsh*t narration? check
Sub Johnny Cash song? check
Breaking bones? check

This is just game design by numbers, and made to sell copy rather than capture the spirit of Mad Max.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Aaaand the interesst floated away...

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 08:23)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 13:10)

Well Max is the quiet brooding type in the films so I don't see any reason for him too have to speak in this trailer. Plus, they are probably still sorting out the voice actor since they only recently announced he would now be Australian.

I thought the trailer showed promise to be honest. The hand to hand combat looks absolutely brutal and the car mechanics/physics looked interesting. Still reasonably apprehensive as I'm yet to be convinced as to Avalanches story telling abilities.

This.

I thought it played through rather well. Kept me just as excited as the announcement. We'll see how the driving plays out but from the looks, exploring and melee will be pretty badass and never dull.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Wasn't particularly blown away...guess that's what happens when you release games cross
gen. (Though MGSV has a fighting chance tounge.gif )

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

I think it looks good. I mean, it's got good graphics, it's open world, it's not some linear 6 level marvel movie tie in game. It shows promise. Not quite the path I would have taken but it's got to sell to to more than just the fan base so it's understandable that the elements aren't everything we wanted.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

I didn't like the song, but it looks fun.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by iNero, 31 July 2013 - 03:06 PM.

I opened a Thread in february on another forum about a possible Just cause 3 leak.

this is the article ( its german )

Dass Avalanche Studios an Just Cause 3 für PS4, Xbox 720 und PC arbeitet, gilt inzwischen als sicher. Über den Nachrichtendienst Twitter haben die Entwickler nun einen neuen Screenshot veröffentlicht, der offenbar Protagonist Rico Rodriguez aus Just Cause 3 zeigt. In der Szene springt der Held wagemutig aus einem Flugzeug.

Die Avalanche Studios haben über den Nachrichtendienst Twitter.com einen weiteren Screenshot veröffentlicht, der offenbar eine Szene aus Just Cause 3 zeigt. Auf dem Bild könnte daher Protagonist Rico Rodriguez zu sehen sein, wie er aus einem Flugzeug springt - und dann höchstwahrscheinlich mit einem Fallschirm sanft zu Boden gleitet. Den Screenshot halten wir ab sofort in unserer Galerie für euch bereit. Damit verdichten sich die Gerüchte, dass Avalanche aktuell tatsächlich an Just Cause 3 für PS4, Xbox 720 und PC arbeitet.

Bereits vor wenigen Wochen hatten die Entwickler ein ähnliches Foto veröffentlicht, das ebenfalls aus Just Cause 3 stammen sollte. Dass der neue Titel der Avalanche Studios für PlayStation 4, Xbox 720 und PC erscheint, ließen die Entwickler bereits im November 2012 durchblicken. Via Twitter teilte Studio-Chef Christofer Sundberg mit, dass man die Entwickler-Kits für PlayStation 3 und Xbox 360 zurück an Microsoft und Sony schicken würde. Fortan würde man sich auf die "Next-Gen" konzentrieren.

Offiziell angekündigt hat Avalanche bislang nichts. Bekannt ist lediglich, dass die Schweden derzeit an gleich drei verschiedenen Projekten arbeiten. Aller Wahrscheinlichkeit nach handelt es sich dabei unter anderem um Just Cause 3 und Mad Max. Das Open-World-Spiel Just Cause 3 könnte frühestens Ende dieses Jahres oder Anfang 2014 auf den Markt kommen. Mit weiteren News halten wir euch auf unserer Themenseite zu Just Cause 3 auf dem Laufenden. Der Screenshot zum nächsten Spiel der Avalanche Studios stammt von Twitter.

user posted image

http://www.videogame...enshot-1058089/

Now I just noticed that this is a pic which looks very similar to Mad Max screens. I guess it is a Mad Max screen now as its the same developer.

So flying could be confirmed biggrin.gif

Thos are the too leaked screens from february

user posted image
user posted image

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Pretty sure I read that the first of those two screens was from a steampunk game they were developing.

E: Yep
http://uk.ign.com/ar...se-3-or-mad-max

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users