Photo

MAD MAX

295 replies to this topic
Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 02:52)
No Multiplayer.
http://www.gamespot....player-6410103/

Doesn't bother me in the slightest to be honest.

Don't care about , I'll be getting this game and The Witcher 3 on my Xbox One

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:25 AM Edited by GunWrath, 13 June 2013 - 03:28 AM.

This is all I will see..

Also, the next Mad Max film will have Tom Hardy as Mad Max and Mel Gibson has a cameo role as 'Drifter' or a drifter. Set to release in 2014.. Tom Hardy is a brilliant actor so maybe it will be just as good and George Miller will be directing this one as well.. so classic Mad Max anarchy should be good!

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

This game grabbed my dreams by the balls, and threw them off a 80-story skyscraper straight onto incendiary sharp spikes.

Upon first glance during the livestream, I was convinced that this was a teaser for RAGE 2. One of my body's organs instantly expanded & hardened. When I saw 'Mad Max' pop up on the screen, I just dropped my jaw and asked "What the f*ck is this!?".

I don't care what this game is, but it sure as hell isn't RAGE 2 and that's enough of a reason for me to hate it with a burning passion.

Nah I just need to read more about the game. But I was pissed off.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 03:25)
[youtube]nLCmcV4gC_0[youtube]

That part at the end made me jump when I watched the movie again the other day. It has the perfect seven second safety pause between the man's dying hand closing and the delivery of the fright.

@gionascm2. Games like RAGE and Fallout 3 owe a hell of a lot to Mad Max. It practically invented the whole post-apocalyptic wasteland genre - why it hasn't been made into a AAA game until now is beyond me.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

The game won't be set in Australia and Max will have an American accent

http://www.escapistm...et-in-Australia

user posted image

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

I was extreamly excited when this was announced but with Max not being Australian is really stupid

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

What...the f*ck? I want to yell "Oi'll droive the track" like a f*cking bogan god damn it.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 09:31)
Looks great, but I try to rather not get in the overhyping. Avalanche studios isn't that experienced to make something briliant and I wouldn't like to get sh*tty Mad Max. Let's hope they get at least driving physics right, not like the one in JC.

I'm very worried about the story, dialogue & voice acting. Those elements in Just Cause 2 prevented it from being elevated beyond just being a very fun game to play. Not so bad for the Just Cause series, but this is based on a very successful cult franchise & while the last two sequels were more tongue in cheek (Tina Turner anyone), they were a cut above in those areas. Who they got to pen the script?

So this game is a certainty? Not like the Dirty Harry & Indiana Jones games that never materialized at the beginning of this gen.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Have we seen any gameplay for this yet?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

So we've got a Rambo & now a Mad Max game. What other early 80's movies are we going to get? I'd love a new next gen game based on my favourite film John Carpenter's 'The Thing'. The PS2 game was good for the time, but their sequel was canned, even though the original scored well & made money.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:48 AM Edited by Tycek, 19 June 2013 - 07:54 AM.

Mad Max that isn't set in Australia? That's blasphemy not Mad Max then. Do Aussies not have talented actors to make voice acting? If that's true then game is one step closer to the crapper.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Really hope that Avalanche see the error of their ways. This is a chance to really shake up the industry I feel, I mean when do we hear voices that aren't American, British or Russian? An Australian main character could hopefully encourage other developers to experiment with both settings and characters.
Also, if the main character isn't Australian and the game isn't set there, then in what way is this a Mad Max game? Its like saying you're making a game based on 'Saving Private Ryan' but it's set in Peru and you're saving Pedro from Peruvian goat herders (with no affiliation to the Nazi's whatsoever. They're basically taking away all the source material, starting with a new concept but keeping the name the same. I'm incredibly disappointed to say the least and can see this game fading into distant memory if it tows the current industry line.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Even in America I can't imagine a single American saying this has to have an American Max and be set in America. WTF? Not even EA would pull this sort of nonsensical appeal broadening stunt.

And they've removed all the angry posts on the facebook site. Pffffft! This is just going to be for retards.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

And judging by their way of handling the brand they may even turn in into vehicular combat game, where cars will have weapons attached to them, which in not Mad Max way. The game will be probably set in present USA with new Camaros and Mustangs as cars.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

Nooo! sad.gif I just watched a mission from JC2 on youtube. I would put it in the same class as Saints Row as a sandbox where you can do stupid stuff. One dimensional characters and childish humour. Sigh. They shoulda given it to another studio man.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 10:36)
Nooo! sad.gif I just watched a mission from JC2 on youtube. I would put it in the same class as Saints Row as a sandbox where you can do stupid stuff. One dimensional characters and childish humour. Sigh. They shoulda given it to another studio man.

That's my biggest problem with Avalanche taking on this cult franchise. I mean, they're no Rockstar Games & this game will be no 'The Warriors'. Now we've learned it's set in an American Wasteland (because there's not enough games set in post apocalyptic N. America), I think we can effectively write this game off as not being part of the Mad Max lore, or appealing to fans of the films.

Shame Australia doesn't have any AAA development houses, since Team Bondi was closed. An Aussie developer would have more respect for this franchise, hell even us pommies would have more sense than to set an Australian based franchise in the US of A.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

So much potential wasted.
No Max, no Mad Max. Where is the logic?

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Not in Australia? If the developers can't even get the basics right, why do they even bother?

Clearly they don't care much about the films. I could understand if they were trying to make a shameless tie-in with the new film but...

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 21:16)

Teaser:

I like how Max's vehicle sways to the left when he takes off in the trailer. I hope the vehicle physics are like that in the game.

I wish the devs good luck. Because video games based on movies aren't that great, look at that Aliens game that was released a few months ago.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (aaronimpact @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 16:43)

Teaser:

I like how Max's vehicle sways to the left when he takes off in the trailer. I hope the vehicle physics are like that in the game.

I wish the devs good luck. Because video games based on movies aren't that great, look at that Aliens game that was released a few months ago.

You do know the game isn't even set in your country?

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:17 PM Edited by Gst0395, 19 June 2013 - 07:43 PM.

Being a rather big fan of the Mad Max films (especially Road Warrior), I'm happy to learn of an open-world game based on the franchise in production. I always thought the whole concept of the series would be perfect to adapt into an open-world sandbox, and it's great to see my wishes being fulfilled. Even though I couldn't really get into Just Cause 2 (maybe I need to play it more), I can trust Avalanche Studios to deliver. I expect the map to be huge for one part, maybe an endless terrain of desert that will capture the atmosphere of the films perfectly. I just hope it's gritty in the form of the original film and Road Warrior and not light-hearted like Beyond Thunderdome.

One thing I'm not happy about though, will the game really NOT be set in Australia? That would annoy me greatly because it just doesn't feel like Mad Max in the case, regardless of how much Avalanche wants to treat it. I signed a petition and hopefully they'll consider decisions to make the setting and voice actor of Max in the game Australian, just the way it should be. Seems like a throwback to when the original movie was dubbed over with American accents during it's original US release, and ended up being laughably bad.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 11:36)
Nooo!  sad.gif   I just watched a mission from JC2 on youtube. I would put it in the same class as Saints Row as a sandbox where you can do stupid stuff. One dimensional characters and childish humour. Sigh. They shoulda given it to another studio man.

Dude, it's all about the gameplay, with Just Cause, the characters don't matter.
The grappling hook is amazing.

I'm not sure what to feel about this, Mad Max 1 only had a plot in the last 20 minutes. I wonder if the rest of the Mad Maxes got better.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Let's make Mad Max with grappling hook, because story doesn't matter. sarcasm.gif

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:25)
Let's make Mad Max with grappling hook, because story doesn't matter. sarcasm.gif

Gameplay > Story.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

True, but gameplay without story is worthless. There is no point in playing game with perfect gameplay if there's nothing to drag you into it. Tetris or Galaga were great, but this is Mad Max game. Stories in Mad Max maybe weren't complicated, but characters and atmosphere were covering the issues.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 22:25)

No, I said story doesn't matter in Just Cause.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:54)

It doesn't matter because it was so incredibly awful. Its actually the reason I got rid of the game. Sure the open world exploring/gameplay was fun but without a story, there's very little replay-ability.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:54)

A good story is what elevates a game to be considered true art. Rockstar & a few others like Naughty Dog have proved they are not mutually exclusive. If LA Noire had a terrible story, I would've forgotten the game week's after finishing it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (aaronimpact @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 16:43)

Teaser:

It's not Max.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 01:00)
It's not Max.

It's 'Mild Maxwell'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users